Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: E6 3.5 long campaign recruiting 3-4 players

I forgot to inquire, it does not matter until "Epic" but is PP recharge frowned upon?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    What Deities are available BTW?
    I'm not too sure myself, but looking at the setting details, I did notice that there's an order of paladins that worship Pelor. ..and an alarming number of uber powerful wizards. Some places seem to be run by undead wizards. There's also drow that worship Ehlonna.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Where do you stand on native (LA0, no outsider type) planetouched?
    Iím ok with those
    What Deities are available BTW?
    Greyhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I'm not too sure myself, but looking at the setting details, I did notice that there's an order of paladins that worship Pelor. ..and an alarming number of uber powerful wizards. Some places seem to be run by undead wizards. There's also drow that worship Ehlonna.
    Yea necropolitan wizards and sorcerers
    Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    I forgot to inquire, it does not matter until "Epic" but is PP recharge frowned upon?
    Send me a quote of pp recharge never heard of it

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

This definitely looks like an interesting campaign. I'm considering a "Divine Leader" type that works out mechanically as a Favored Soul (of Pelor)//Bard (though this may change the more I think about it, the general concept will stay the same).

Oh, right! I wasn't thinking about prestige classes for a bit, but I just realized that War Weaver (Heroes of Battle, basically allows you to "share" buff spells between multiple allies) would fit into the build pretty great. I'll live and have a decent build without it, but there's no shame in asking

Link soon:tm:
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2020-03-29 at 09:31 PM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show
    Ew, Goaty make stinky homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

5. - Top - End - #35

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    This definitely looks like an interesting campaign. I'm considering a "Divine Leader" type that works out mechanically as a Favored Soul (of Pelor)//Bard (though this may change the more I think about it, the general concept will stay the same).

Oh, right! I wasn't thinking about prestige classes for a bit, but I just realized that War Weaver (Heroes of Battle, basically allows you to "share" buff spells between multiple allies) would fit into the build pretty great. I'll live and have a decent build without it, but there's no shame in asking

Link soon:tm:
    War weaver is allowed

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Alrighty then, here's John Seabright, a Human Favored Soul 3//Bard 1/War Weaver 2. No backstory/fluff yet, though I'll have that done by tomorrow. I have ~750 GP left to spend, and tbh it's tempting to blow it on a wand of CLW/Lesser Vigor and call it a day, but I think I'll just leave that cash blank for now. I'll have my application stored in this post:

Also, is HP rolled or do we take the average of each level?
    Spoiler: Rolling HP just in case
    Show
    (1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[2]
    (1d8)[3]

Spoiler: Application
    Show
    John Seabright
    Male NG Human Favored Soul//Bard/War Weaver "Divine Leader", Level 3, Init 5, HP 33/33 , Speed 30ft land
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus +2
    Masterwork Heavy Mace +4 (1d8+1, x2)
    Masterwork, Composite +1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +4 (1d6+1, x3)
    Masterwork Chain Shirt, Masterwork Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition None

"I am a light upon the others, just as Pelor is a light unto me. None shall stand in the way of his will, as sunlight pierces all corners of the world."
    -A common prayer found within the church of Pelor

Spoiler: Appearance & Personality
    Show
    John appears as a common human male. He stands 5' 9" tall, wears fine clerical vestments, and has a small belly indicative of a life without hard work. He has long, brown hair, and speaks with a voice of righteousness.

John tries his best to be noticed wherever he goes. He speaks short prayers to Pelor in times of stress and hardship, and some say that it feels inspirational to hear ("Prayer" is his chosen bardic perform skill, so prayer is how he activates it). He doesn't shy away from a good challenge, and holsters a trusty mace for when people resist with violence. Curiosity reigns in his acceptance to this adventure, so John will likely remain inquisitive so long as there are unanswered questions in his mind.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    John Seabright was born to Jacob and Melissa Seabright in Whitehedge. After seemingly sorcerous magic appeared in him at a young age, he was sent to the Glassholt Downs to a boarding school in order to refine these abilities, a fine future within the various paladin orders in the Downs ahead of him. As he begun to age and grow in his studies, John showed an exemplary talent in divine spellcasting, and what was thought to be sorcery, instead turned out to be a divine favor. Surely a sign from the gods, John was taken into personal mentoring by a official priest to Pelor. His studies grew tenfold, practicing vigorously and in earnest.

One fine evening, John found a letter sent to him. This was of no surprise, of course, as he'd been sure to keep in touch with his family up the river. What was surprising, however, was the content of the letter; requesting a call to adventure, meeting in the Mermaid's Inn back home. Undoubtedly connected to those he knew as a kid, John had no choice but to return, both out of curiosity and concern.

Edit: Application Done!
    Edit2: Got bored, so I figured I'd so a notes section like Auranghzeb did:
    Spoiler: Notes & Ramblings
    Show
    -My intended build is to do Favored Soul 6//Bard 1/War Weaver 5. If needed to upscale power, I could...
    ----dip Sacred Exorcist 1 on the Favored Soul side (since FvS 6 gives nothing), grab turn undead attempts, and apply cheese from there as necessary (whether it be devotion feats, or Divine Metamagic, etc)
    ----Bard could be switched out for Sorcerer (because my level 1 bard abilities don't scale, sorcerer is more efficient for spells).
    -Alternatively if my current build is too powerful, War Weaver could be shortened or removed entirely (The Quiescent Weaving and Enlarged Tapestry abilities are particularly potent), and replaced with a PrC that actually advances Bard abilities.
    -Currently, John serves as a "5th party member" out of combat (as in, he doesn't directly help a single role, instead having a bit of everything), and in-combat he serves to lightly heal, buff, and remove debuffs from his allies. Unless party members collectively agree to stay within reach at all times, he'll likely follow the tank around in combat, trying to make sure that they don't bite the dust
    -However, as a weakness, if John were targeted in combat, I'm not sure he'd be able to survive. Both in his piddling damage output and light armor, a duel between John and anybody else would end up with John desperately trying not to die while running away to go get help
    -I also have no idea what to pick in terms of future feats. So much so, in fact, that I didn't take any flaws because I don't know what I'd take in place of them. Suggestions are appreciated?
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2020-03-31 at 10:59 AM.
    Show
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PP recharge means one of the various methods for recovering power points.

The first question is do you have a problem with a character being at full PP after a few minutes of downtime?
    (Recharge is not an in-combat activity, I would likely fluff it as an energy conservation martial art technique)

Since most of these methods require at least 13 con, I guess I should get this straightened out now

Spoiler: Explanations in case the specifics matter to you
    Show

1) Azure Talent + Psycarnum Infusion + bestow power
    Expend Psionic Focus to fill Azure Talent to Max for a turn.
    At 6th level this results in 4 bonus power points available for one turn only.
    Use bestow power to add 2 permenently to your total.

2) Midnight Augmentation + bestow power.
    There is an ambiguity on the meaning of the wording on how the reduction works for MA.

Option A: MA reduces the augmentation cost per augment:
    With 2 essentia Betow Power's augment goes to 1, so 2 augments starts netting PP.
    Manifest Bestow power for 5 points to recover 6 or 8

Option B MA reduces the total after all augments applied:
    In this case you need a PP reducer such as the Torch of power preservation (Expanded Psionics version)
    Or Earth Power which means you need an extra psionic focus. (Another 2 feats)
    Manifest Bestow power with a single augment for 3 points to recover 4

3) Metapower + Linked Power + (PP Reducer) + bestow power
    Select a level 1 power. Apply metapower targetting Linked Power to this power.
    Now you have spend 1 PP to cast something at -2 PP next round. Choose Bestow Power.
    Now you are spending 2 PP to generate 2 PP.
    Add a PP reducer such as earth power (requires another psionic focus) and you are netting PP.

8. - Top - End - #38

ElfRangerGuy

Alrighty then, here's John Seabright, a Human Favored Soul 3//Bard 1/War Weaver 2. No backstory/fluff yet, though I'll have that done by tomorrow. I have ~750 GP left to spend, and tbh it's tempting to blow it on a wand of CLW/Lesser Vigor and call it a day, but I think I'll just leave that cash blank for now. I'll have my application stored in this post:

Also, is HP rolled or do we take the average of each level?
    Spoiler: Rolling HP just in case
    Show
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]

Spoiler: Application
    Show
    John Seabright
    Male NG Human Favored Soul//Bard/War Weaver "Divine Leader", Level 3, Init 5, HP / , Speed 30ft land
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus +2
    Masterwork Heavy Mace +4 (1d8+1, x2)
    Masterwork, Composite +1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +4 (1d6+1, x3)
    Masterwork Chain Shirt, Masterwork Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition None

"I am a light upon the others, just as Pelor is a light unto me. None shall stand in the way of his will, as sunlight pierces all corners of the world."
    -A common prayer found within the church of Pelor

Spoiler: Appearance & Personality
    Show
    John appears as a common human male. He stands 5' 9" tall, wears fine clerical vestments, and has a small belly indicative of a life without hard work. He has long, brown hair, and speaks with a voice of righteousness.

John tries his best to be noticed wherever he goes. He speaks short prayers to Pelor in times of stress and hardship, and some say that it feels inspirational to hear ("Prayer" is his chosen bardic perform skill, so prayer is how he activates it). He doesn't shy away from a good challenge, and holsters a trusty mace for when people resist with violence. Curiosity reigns in his acceptance to this adventure, so John will likely remain inquisitive so long as there are unanswered questions in his mind.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    John Seabright was born to Jacob and Melissa Seabright in Whitehedge. After seemingly sorcerous magic appeared in him at a young age, he was sent to the Glassholt Downs to a boarding school in order to refine these abilities, a fine future within the various paladin orders in the Downs ahead of him. As he begun to age and grow in his studies, John showed an exemplary talent in divine spellcasting, and what was thought to be sorcery, instead turned out to be a divine favor. Surely a sign from the gods, John was taken into personal mentoring by a official priest to Pelor. His studies grew tenfold, practicing vigorously and in earnest.

One fine evening, John found a letter sent to him. This was of no surprise, of course, as he'd been sure to keep in touch with his family up the river. What was surprising, however, was the content of the letter; requesting a call to adventure, meeting in the Mermaid's Inn back home. Undoubtedly connected to those he knew as a kid, John had no choice but to return, both out of curiosity and concern.

Edit: Application Done!
    Looks interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    PP recharge means one of the various methods for recovering power points.

The first question is do you have a problem with a character being at full PP after a few minutes of downtime?
    (Recharge is not an in-combat activity, I would likely fluff it as an energy conservation martial art technique)

Since most of these methods require at least 13 con, I guess I should get this straightened out now

Spoiler: Explanations in case the specifics matter to you
    Show

1) Azure Talent + Psycarnum Infusion + bestow power
    Expend Psionic Focus to fill Azure Talent to Max for a turn.
    At 6th level this results in 4 bonus power points available for one turn only.
    Use bestow power to add 2 permenently to your total.

2) Midnight Augmentation + bestow power.
    There is an ambiguity on the meaning of the wording on how the reduction works for MA.

Option A: MA reduces the augmentation cost per augment:
    With 2 essentia Betow Power's augment goes to 1, so 2 augments starts netting PP.
    Manifest Bestow power for 5 points to recover 6 or 8

Option B MA reduces the total after all augments applied:
    In this case you need a PP reducer such as the Torch of power preservation (Expanded Psionics version)
    Or Earth Power which means you need an extra psionic focus. (Another 2 feats)
    Manifest Bestow power with a single augment for 3 points to recover 4

3) Metapower + Linked Power + (PP Reducer) + bestow power
    Select a level 1 power. Apply metapower targetting Linked Power to this power.
    Now you have spend 1 PP to cast something at -2 PP next round. Choose Bestow Power.
    Now you are spending 2 PP to generate 2 PP.
    Add a PP reducer such as earth power (requires another psionic focus) and you are netting PP.
    Yea I prefer to keep it to normal Resting periods

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Kiro is ready but I'm sending you a pm with some ideas that may fit the setting better. I just never have paid much attention to Fiendix code and the Hellbred has changed my initial idea.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Here is Aurellia Moonhart.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    A mysterious child, said to be raised by Fae, Aurellia struck off on adventure when she was young. Or maybe she ran away. She has a way with words, just like those who raised her, and a preternatural luck that is inexplicable. Perhaps she was blessed by Norebo Himself.

The origins of her power, as well as herself, are unknown. But she has squeaked by, utilizing her amazing luck in games of chance, or her magic to help deal with threats and claim a reward. Most of her wealth is squandered save for a magical trinket she kept for herself and some sets of, by all accounts, ordinary cards and dice which she claims are 'lucky'.

Not a balanced or sane build for combat in the slightest, but should have a heck of a lot of fun in taverns.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nine HP, level 3
    Oh, I get it! So she plays her luck both off AND on the battlefield?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I guess so! Behold the squishiness of the sorcerer//sorcerer!

That reminds me, were we supposed to be rolling for HP?

Because I do not think I saw any instructions regarding that.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Final application:

Kiro
    m CG Hellbred(Body) Totemist2/sws1//Bbn1//Apewarrior2, Level 3, Init 6, HP 54/48, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15, Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Girallon claws x4 +10/+5/+5/+5 (1d4+6 each, x2)
    Apeshape claws x2 and bite +12/+12 +9 (2x 1d4+8 and bite 1d6+4)
    Full attack ape shape +12/+12 +10/+10 +8 (Claws 2x1d4+8 Girallon' claws 2x1d4+10, bite 1d6+4 )
    (+3 Dex, +4 Natural, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 26, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition None

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Spoiler: Description and personality
    Show
    Athletic and lean as a beast. Kiro seems the part of a stalking panther or a beast of prey. In his early youth, he was trained to be a merciless hunter, a murderer follower of Kaaran and Erynthul.
    He suffered the Scourge and now reveres Nature in a different form while fighting demons and evil with the same relentless spirit he was instilled as a youngling. Still, despite his commitment to good, he fears and reveres the Darkside of Nature, the unforgiving face of death and destruction that Kaaran represents.

Show
    Kiro`s past is unclear and partially unknown to him. He only has flashes of a burning village and the scourge that turned him into the devil's favored creature he is now. After that he wandered, lost and confused, prey to the feral nature of his people.
    A couple of years ago he found a home on board the Cursebreaker an independent ship with ties to the Northbay Fleets. And he became a close friend of Captain Red-Harpoon. So much that the captain asked him personally to come with him to Whitehedge.

But they were outnumbered by brigands, Kiro fought bravely and so did the captain. Only Kiro survived. Now he has reached Whitehedge with nothing but a letter he can't read and a map that says nothing to him.

Options and notes:
    -The intended build up to level 6 is Swordsage1/Totemist2/Swordsage2/Umbral Disciple1 // BBN1/Apewarrior5
    His role is glass cannon and magekiller and I intend to get Pierce Magical Protection as level 6 feat. Unless there's the option of double early PrC in which case I'll drop Swordsage and just be a Totemist2/Umbral disciple4//BBN/Apewarrior

I have little use for gear, but I would like to buy an Enemy Spirit Pouch (Arcanists)
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2020-03-31 at 05:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Kiro is ready but I'm sending you a pm with some ideas that may fit the setting better. I just never have paid much attention to Fiendix code and the Hellbred has changed my initial idea.
    Yes itís a interesting race.
    Here is Aurellia Moonhart.

Show
    A mysterious child, said to be raised by Fae, Aurellia struck off on adventure when she was young. Or maybe she ran away. She has a way with words, just like those who raised her, and a preternatural luck that is inexplicable. Perhaps she was blessed by Norebo Himself.

The origins of her power, as well as herself, are unknown. But she has squeaked by, utilizing her amazing luck in games of chance, or her magic to help deal with threats and claim a reward. Most of her wealth is squandered save for a magical trinket she kept for herself and some sets of, by all accounts, ordinary cards and dice which she claims are 'lucky'.

Not a balanced or sane build for combat in the slightest, but should have a heck of a lot of fun in taverns.
    Looks interesting
    Oh, I get it! So she plays her luck both off AND on the battlefield?
    Lol
    I guess so! Behold the squishiness of the sorcerer//sorcerer!

That reminds me, were we supposed to be rolling for HP?

Because I do not think I saw any instructions regarding that.
    Letís do max hit points since itís e6
    Final application:

Kiro
    m CG Hellbred(Body) Totemist2/sws1//Bbn1//Apewarrior2, Level 3, Init 6, HP 54/48, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15, Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Girallon claws x4 +10/+5/+5/+5 (1d4+6 each, x2)
    Apeshape claws x2 and bite +12/+12 +9 (2x 1d4+8 and bite 1d6+4)
    Full attack ape shape +12/+12 +10/+10 +8 (Claws 2x1d4+8 Girallon' claws 2x1d4+10, bite 1d6+4 )
    (+3 Dex, +4 Natural, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 26, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition None

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Spoiler: Description and personality
    Show
    Athletic and lean as a beast. Kiro seems the part of a stalking panther or a beast of prey. In his early youth, he was trained to be a merciless hunter, a murderer follower of Kaaran and Erynthul.
    He suffered the Scourge and now reveres Nature in a different form while fighting demons and evil with the same relentless spirit he was instilled as a youngling. Still, despite his commitment to good, he fears and reveres the Darkside of Nature, the unforgiving face of death and destruction that Kaaran represents.

Show
    Kiro`s past is unclear and partially unknown to him. He only has flashes of a burning village and the scourge that turned him into the devil's favored creature he is now. After that he wandered, lost and confused, prey to the feral nature of his people.
    A couple of years ago he found a home on board the Cursebreaker an independent ship with ties to the Northbay Fleets. And he became a close friend of Captain Red-Harpoon. So much that the captain asked him personally to come with him to Whitehedge.

But they were outnumbered by brigands, Kiro fought bravely and so did the captain. Only Kiro survived. Now he has reached Whitehedge with nothing but a letter he can't read and a map that says nothing to him.

Options and notes:
    -The intended build up to level 6 is Swordsage1/Totemist2/Swordsage2/Umbral Disciple1 // BBN1/Apewarrior5
    His role is glass cannon and magekiller and I intend to get Pierce Magical Protection as level 6 feat. Unless there's the option of double early PrC in which case I'll drop Swordsage and just be a Totemist2/Umbral disciple4//BBN/Apewarrior

I have little use for gear, but I would like to buy an Enemy Spirit Pouch (Arcanists)
    2 prestigeís at 1 time is ok

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Vossler View Post
    Yes itís an interesting race.

2 prestigeís at 1 time is ok
    Ok, this is silly but fun and thematic (I'm committed to a melee/scout): and I need to ask about a

Swordsage1/Totemist2/umbral disciple3 // BBN1/Apewarrior1/Warshaper4?

He will have less HP and less BAB, he won't get the brown bear large form, but instead, he will get immunities and a static bonus to con and str while being able to be a very effective scout with some versatility on the side.

16. - Top - End - #46

ElfRangerGuy

Ok, this is silly but fun and thematic (I'm committed to a melee/scout): and I need to ask about a

Swordsage1/Totemist2/umbral disciple3 // BBN1/Apewarrior1/Warshaper4?

He will have less HP and less BAB, he won't get the brown bear large form, but instead, he will get immunities and a static bonus to con and str while being able to be a very effective scout with some versatility on the side.
    Thatíd be fine

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Thatíd be fine
    Then you got yourself a deal

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Background up

Buying mundane equipment still to do

19. - Top - End - #49

ElfRangerGuy

Letís put a end recruitment date of April 10th
    Could someone make a chart with submitted characters please and thank you.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

A table, some are there others are missing. But is easy to quote and add them.

Player Name Character Name Alignment, Race, and Class/es
    Auranghzeb Kiro CG Hellbred Apewarrior (Totemist2/swordsage1 // BBN1/Apewarrior1/Warshaper1
    Novabomb Solba Starfire Human Fist of Zuken//Abjurant champion
    Goaty14 John Seabright Favored soul//war weaver
    JNAProductions Melinda Caster
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2020-04-02 at 06:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

A table, some are there others are missing. But is easy to quote and add them.
    Edit: Fixing a few things

Player Name Character Name Alignment, Race, and Class/es
    Auranghzeb Kiro CG Hellbred Apewarrior (Totemist2/swordsage1 // BBN1/Apewarrior1/Warshaper1
    Novabomb Solba Starfire NG Human Fist of Zuken//Abjurant champion
    Goaty14 John Seabright NG Human Favored Soul//Bard 1/War Weaver 2
    JNAProductions Melinda Barrows NG Human Conjurer 3//Psion (Shaper) 3
    Wilphe Robina CN Human Beguiler 2/H. Paragon 1//Ranger 1/H. Paragon 1/Ranger 1
    Windstruck Aurellia Moonhart CN Human Sorcerer//Sorcerer
    TMQ Marcus Quintis NG Human Sorcerer//Ranger 1/Chameleon 2
    Fliggl Leifur Gudleifurson CG Human Monk//Barbarian 1/Frostrager 2
    Deadguy Aerilaya Ralothyra LN Human Bone Knight//Cleric 1/Prestige Paladin 2
    Valiance Nicolas CG Human Crusader//Sword Sage
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2020-04-07 at 04:18 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

***The sheet lists "Beguiler 2 / Human Paragon 2 / Ranger 2". I have no idea how this splits up into the gestalt, nor do I want to take potshots at what it might be, so I just have it blank.
    Beguiler / Ranger
    Beguiler /Paragon
    Paragon / Ranger

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

***The sheet lists "Beguiler 2 / Human Paragon 2 / Ranger 2". I have no idea how this splits up into the gestalt, nor do I want to take potshots at what it might be, so I just have it blank.
    Beguiler / Ranger
    Beguiler /Paragon
    Paragon / Ranger

But Beguiler 2/ Paragon 2/ Ranger 2 seems easier than that

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Beguiler / Ranger
    Beguiler /Paragon
    Paragon / Ranger
    You could write it Beguiler2/paragon1 // Ranger 1/Paragon1/Ranger1

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm... Iíd love to do something like a crusader or paladin / cleric of Wee Jas. Someone who hunts those that would use the magics of the Stern Lady to torment the weak.

As far as mechanics go, I was wondering if you'd allow Bone Knight prc?
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2020-04-03 at 10:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    Hmm... Iíd love to do something like a crusader or paladin / cleric of Wee Jas. Someone who hunts those that would use the magics of the Stern Lady to torment the weak.

As far as mechanics go, I was wondering if you'd allow Bone Knight prc?
    Allowed u can even start as a bone knight

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

This sounds almost exactly like what I was looking for when I joined the forum.

Hopefully it's not too gauche to state interest at this point, I know there's already a bunch of people finishing up characters.

How do you feel about shadowcaster? If allowed are you opposed to the fixes proposed by the class creator? (not sure if needed with gestalt honestly but felt I'd ask. I'd add the link here, but apparently I need to post more first, sorry about that. I can provide the full quote if need be and someone else might be able to actually link it.)

If shadowcaster doesn't fit would Incarnate from Magic of Incarnum be okay?

Thinking of gestalting with Rogue in either case. Probably human, though half-elf calls to me.

If that looks good I should be able to have the character sheet done by Sunday. If this is inappropriate at this juncture, I beg your forgiveness as I am new to the play by post scene (though not the hobby as a whole).

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Interest acquired, but first a question or two:
    -Follow up from the user above me, how do you feel about the Tome of Magic in general? I'm personally thinking Binder as half of the progression, and not sure how it'd fit into your current campaign idea
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2020-04-04 at 06:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stepfan View Post
    This sounds almost exactly like what I was looking for when I joined the forum.

Hopefully it's not too gauche to state interest at this point, I know there's already a bunch of people finishing up characters.

How do you feel about shadowcaster? If allowed are you opposed to the fixes proposed by the class creator? (not sure if needed with gestalt honestly but felt I'd ask. I'd add the link here, but apparently I need to post more first, sorry about that. I can provide the full quote if need be and someone else might be able to actually link it.)

If shadowcaster doesn't fit would Incarnate from Magic of Incarnum be okay?

Thinking of gestalting with Rogue in either case. Probably human, though half-elf calls to me.

If that looks good I should be able to have the character sheet done by Sunday. If this is inappropriate at this juncture, I beg your forgiveness as I am new to the play by post scene (though not the hobby as a whole).
    Iffy on the shadow caster but magic of incarnum is fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemyst View Post
    Interest acquired, but first a question or two:
    -Follow up from the user above me, how do you feel about the Tome of Magic in general? I'm personally thinking Binder as half of the progression, and not sure how it'd fit into your current campaign idea
    Tome of magic is fine binders are around in the world but not as worldly know a few kingdoms have cults to different vestiges

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Iffy on the shadow caster but magic of incarnum is fine

Tome of magic is fine binders are around in the world but not as worldly know a few kingdoms have cults to different vestiges
    So if Tome of Magic is fine might I ask what makes shadowcaster iffy? Is it the fixes that are the problem?
    Last edited by Stepfan; 2020-04-04 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard