Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Madness at Gardmore Abbey [4e]

Gardmore Abbey. Once the bastion of a paladin order devoted to Bahamut, this sacred monastery has become a monster-infested ruin. According to legend, the paladins brought back an artifact from a far-off campaign and stored it in the abbey for safekeeping, and evil forces assaulted the abbey in a failed bid to recapture it. What became of the artifact, no one knows…

The Nentir Vale

Winterhaven lies near the western edge of the broad borderland region known as the Nentir Vale. The vale is now mostly empty, with a handful of living villages and towns scattered over this wide area. Abandoned farmsteads, ruined manors, and broken keeps litter the countryside. Bandits, wild animals, and monsters roam freely throughout the vale, threatening anyone who fares more than a few miles away from one of the surviving settlements. Travel along the roads or river is usually safe – usually. But ever now and then, travelers come to bad ends between towns.

The Nentir Vale is a northern land, but it sees relatively little snow – winters are windy and bitterly cold. The Nentir River is too big to freeze except for a few weeks in the coldest part of the year. Summers are cool and mild.

Winterhaven

Population: 977

Leadership: Ernest Padraig, the Lord of Winterhaven

Demographics: The population of Winterhaven is predominantly human, with a scattering of dwarf families, and a handful of individuals of other common races, including a couple of elves.

Economics: Winterhaven is primarily an agricultural village based on barter and trade, though Lord Padraig keeps a monetary system afloat with his own coin. Adventurers should have no trouble purchasing appropriate items for which they have sufficient coin.

The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades. Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.

Most residents of Winterhaven have never traveled beyond the village vale. The majority of villagers are farmers, though the walled heart of Winterhaven employs various craftspeople as well. Wagons occasionally head east down old King’s Road from Winterhaven to find trade with the next village, which lies five days away. Sometimes wagons come into Winterhaven, causing the villagers to excitedly gather in the Market Square to hear news of the outside world and to buy new and exotic goods.

Winterhaven is the closest point of light to the dark ruins of Gardmore Abbey. It is here, in this small, isolated town, that your adventure begins.

I've been running 4th edition games since the system came out, and have always heard how great the adventure Madness at Gardmore Abbey is. Since I'm already full up on my virtual real-time games, I figured I'd see if anyone was interested in playing some 4th edition over pbp. There are some hurdles we'll need to cross, some solutions will need to be found but if I can wrangle the resources I used way back in my highschool days (or something equivalent), we should manage.

I will be picking four to six people to play this game. Anyone interested should make a standard level 6 character, post their sheet on Orokos or Mythweavers and add a link in their application post on here, along with some character art and a skirt-length backstory. I’d ideally like people who can post at least once a day, and who are in it for a longish haul - this is a big adventure and there’s loads of stuff that goes on. Also, if you’ve already run this material, I’d appreciate if you could somehow feign ignorance, because there’s some cool stuff that happens that can be easily spoiled.

Resources for 4th edition can be found in the 4e Discord.

Ultimately, I’m looking for interesting, engaging submissions that are defined by their character and give me a sense that they would be a cool adventurer to choose. Please refer to the spoiler below for details.

Spoiler: The Big Sixteen
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Points of Light (Nerath)

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-6 with one or two understudy/alternates if possible, in case we lose someone.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    PbP on these forums, with discord and possibly roll20 as a supplement.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 6

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard for a 6th level character. This means:
    • 1 common or uncommon item of level +1 (lvl 7)
    • 1 common or uncommon item of level (lvl 6)
    • 1 common or uncommon item of level -1 (lvl 5)
    • and gold for common items equal to level -1 (1,000 gp)
    • Mundane gear is free, within reason.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    The party needs 1 Defender, 1 Striker, 1 Leader. Ideally 1 Controller as well, but I've seen parties get by without. Anything beyond that is gravy.

You may take one character theme. You may take any number of backgrounds but may only gain the mechanical benefit of one. Note forgotten realms or campaign specific backgrounds (the ones that give you a bonus other than an additional skill or language), may not be taken.

Any full release (non-playtest) content from Huge Nerd Games is allowed. It won't be in the cbloader character builder but the pdfs are free.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    No pixies. No warforged. No draconian dragonborn alternate racial traits. Any other race is fine.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Standard 4th edition point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Standard 4th edition alignment. No chaotic evil characters.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Standard rules apply.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    4th edition combat is very important to the game, though this adventure allows for clever ways to deal with encounters. We'll work something out, but you will have to clearly list your reactions in combat so I know if I need to wait for your reply to continue a bad guy's round. Passive perception and insight will be used heavily.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    1. Numbers 1 and 3 from this site.
    2. Free expertise feat. Free improved defenses feat. Note, that's improved defenses. If you want superior will you have to qualify for it and take it normally. Note feat bonuses do not stack.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Keep backgrounds skirt-length. Long enough to cover the essentials, short enough to keep it interesting. If you want some basic setting information, you could do worse than perusing this fandom wiki.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    4th edition by its nature is heavily slanted towards combat or skill-based content. Madness at Gardmore Abbey, however, is very open ended and allows for plenty of roleplay and problem solving that don't involve a battle map.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    No dragonshards and no dragonmarks, no spellscars. Otherwise if its in the compendium and hasn't been called out already, it's fair game. Please don't make super optimized powerhouses, but also please aim to keep your primary stat within the 19-21 range.
    Last edited by ChaosCowboy; 2020-03-26 at 04:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Madness at Gardmore Abbey [4e]

Definitely interested. Working up a Goliath Warden to fill out the Defender role. :)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm interested in this! Was going to say Warden when I first saw the thread, but it seems I've been beaten to it. In that case, I'm thinking of making either a Seeker or... I dunno. I'll figure something out. It's been a while since I've played 4e.

By the way, how is the compendium or character builder even accessed these days? I've long since let my Insider account vanish and the compendium website doesn't even seem to work anymore.
    Characters:
    None right now!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's been a very long time since I've played 4e, but a lvl 6 character shouldn't be too mechanically difficult. I'm thinking of making either a warlord or a striker, haven't quite decided yet.
    Returning player to GitP. Here's hoping my second stint will be better than my first.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Oh, a chance for a 4e game. Those don't come up nearly often enough. I'll look at things a little more closely this evening, but I you've certainly got my attention.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Right. So WOTC fully removed their DDI subscription service so the onus is entirely on community created tools to replicate the accessibility of 4th edition. The problem is that it's a grey area copyright wise so I'm going to err on the side of not having my newbie account getting in trouble on here. If you want some resources I suggest checking out the 4th edition discord:

https://discord.gg/hhVXjtJ

If you're not a user of discord but want a working offline character builder and compendium, feel free to message me. That shouldn't cause too much concern.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I have a pretty neat concept for a melee-ish elementalist using stuff like the spellfury and white lotus feats
    Ill post details soon

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Gissel of Bahamut, Dwarf Invoker (pdf sheet pending entry on Mythweaver)

Gissel grew up in Hammerfast. The family home was always busy; her parents worked hard, and when Gissel was a child, her three older sisters were all becoming young women. This didn't always leave much time for little Gissel, so she spent a lot of time in temples, taverns and other places where adults were telling stories. She learned about courage, about good and evil, about times when honest men and women could freely travel the land without the constant fear of monsters and brigands.

As she grew older, she ended up singing in the temple choir. Not in Moradin's hall, unfortunately, but in Bahamut's Fane. Still respectable, sure, but still. And that's how she decided she wanted to be a priest when she grew up, spread Bahamut's light in the dark corners of the world.

As said, so she did. Today, years wiser, she hasn't lost much of her spirit. She has been tested, and come out stronger. She still believes in the best in others, and heads straightforward into danger with a hymn on her lips. She has a strong singing voice, too. Calling her "technically proficient, but lacking in passion" would be entirely inaccurate; her songs come out somewhat flat, but passionate, if passionate means "loud".

If this were high drama, her deep issues would be "not knowing who she is outside the job" and "alienation from her parents + deeply repressed resentment of her older sisters".

Gissel mostly works up front, with (ally-friendly) close blase and burst powers.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-03-28 at 12:09 AM.
    Semper ludens.

Last Watch * OOC * MAP
    The Moonscar * OOC

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since there is enough interest, I will withdraw from this game. Best of luck.
    Returning player to GitP. Here's hoping my second stint will be better than my first.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

One of my favorite pieces of dnd art. Great picture. Now just need everything else, haha!

11. - Top - End - #11

Oh my goodness, yes! I've heard many good things about this adventure but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Skirt-length bio: Seth Dawnscales, timelost Knight of Bahamut. A powerful evil wizard caught his squad by surprise and petrified them. Centuries later, a Cleric stumbled upon them, but only Seth's stone body had remained complete enough to revive. Having lost everything he knew and loved, Seth struggles to connect with the modern, darker world, and hopes that cleansing the taint on Gardmore will help him reconnect with the past he has lost.

Summary: Dragonborn Paladin Ghost from the Past, whose knowledge of history is part having *lived* it and part trying to learn what all he missed.

His speech will be slightly flavored with archaisms, but nothing severe enough to impede understanding. E.g. "Yeah, great job!" would come out more like, "Aye, clever done!", or "I'm not hurt very badly" more like "I am unfettered by my wounds." Just archaic enough to sound out of place, hopefully not enough to be annoying or confusing.

I'm not picky about exactly when Seth was petrified. He could have known Gardmore when it was active, or he could have long predated its construction. I'm open to whatever you think sounds cooler. Likewise, having one or more other party members be descended from someone he knew sounds like a great way to help bring the party together.

One aside. I like having relatively high secondary stats as a Paladin. I have played before with 16s in my primary stats (Str/Cha) and made it work by compensating in other areas (+3 proficiency weapon, expertise, etc.) If you think it would really be a problem I can build for 16/18 or the like, but I think I can handle it.

Final question: should we complete this adventure, are you willing to run further games? I hunger and thirst for a good long-running 4e game.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

If by some miracle we do finish the adventure then yes, if people are interested there's a couple of 4th edition adventures I'd like to run. It wouldn't likely be a campaign, however, mostly due to the fact that play by post games as a rule are very slow-paced and 4th edition play by post especially, if my experiences back in highschool are any indication.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

A couple of things that can definitely help speed it up if that's a concern for you...

1. Limiting the number of off-turn actions. Some are inevitable in 4e, but asking players to keep that number down and have very good guidelines about conditions when they will trigger helps a lot.

2. Use a map/combat tracker made with Google Sheets. A former DM let me use the one they had when I ran a game for a while. It was a huge help. If you haven't encountered one of these yet, let me know and I'll share it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I'd like to take a look at the resource you mentioned. Back in my highschool days we used a website that specifically was created to do play by post rpg maps. Every time you moved something you could save a new link and share it, showing what you did, where tokens moved, etc. It was pretty cool but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called and it is certainly no more.

As for the combat tracker I remember using a google sheet that had monster defenses hidden but you could enter your atk and it would tell you if you hit or not, making it easier to post, roll, edit, and have your post without waiting for dm to say if you hit or miss. I may just list defenses of monsters right out to make life easier, unless I can figure out how to replicate this resource.

15. - Top - End - #15

100% interested, though my next few weeks are crazy.

I'm seeing a bunch of defenders and a controller or two, and maybe a striker...Looking at some possible leaders, then.

Also, another way to speed things up- as a leader, good chance I'll be offering allies a chance to make basic attacks or to make saving throws off turn. If people are ok with that (or possibly even with me moving folks around on my turn), that can help.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The tracker is pretty much as you described. The map I used was just another sheet in the spreadsheet with color coded squares and images to represent characters. I'll send you a link when I get to my computer later.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2020-03-27 at 04:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

It seems we have plenty of bahamut-esque character

Maybe we can give everyone a connection through it?

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by masteraleph View Post
    I'm seeing a bunch of defenders and a controller or two, and maybe a striker...Looking at some possible leaders, then.
    Looks like "only" two defenders, counting myself. About as many undecided, so you've got room to kick around other options too.

Also, another way to speed things up- as a leader, good chance I'll be offering allies a chance to make basic attacks or to make saving throws off turn. If people are ok with that (or possibly even with me moving folks around on my turn), that can help.
    Sounds gouda to me. Bard and Warlord are both great picks for that. You can actually pull off some pretty amazing stuff as a repositioning Bard/Warlord with the right options; there's a theme from Dragon 399, Noble (not to be confused with the Dark Sun "Noble Adept," nor the "Neverwinter Noble"), that gives you an encounter move action to reposition two other party members *and* give them a power bonus to defenses. Lovely little tool for rapid deployment. Even better, it has a free action encounter utility power option that grants a saving throw with +2 bonus to an ally if you've just succeeded on one. There may be better Leader themes out there, but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    It seems we have plenty of bahamut-esque character

Maybe we can give everyone a connection through it?
    I'm up for that. As noted, my character lacks many connections to the present day, so linking up with someone who shares his faith makes perfect sense. It's one of the few things that hasn't changed about the world around him! Don't forget that Moradin and Kord would also make a lot of sense as deities, as would Pelor, Erathis, or Ioun (after all, the abbey is a place of lost history, and if I am accepted into the game, Seth is *living* history!)
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2020-03-28 at 01:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

So I've been badgering away at this character for the past couple days. Someone else said they wanted to play Defender so I worked up a Controller. Now I'm realizing that he's neither connected to Bahamut and we've got another Controller application. Should I go back to the drawing board and build the Warden or are people ok with something a little off-theme?

Bole of the Hiveguard - Wilden Swarm Druid

Character Sheet

Ability Details

Spoiler: Character Art - Normal / Wildshape
    Show

Bole serves the Golden Queen who rules the Springwood from the Amberhive, the seat of the beefolk's nation. Bole, like all Wilden, are born of the Feywild in all its diverse and wondrous and primal forms. All he has known is the honour and the duty of his role as Hiveguardian to the Golden Queen. Thief-catcher, courtier, guardsman, bodyguard, and scout, the Hiveguardians patrol the Springwood and entertain the Golden Queen. All was sweet and buzzing with life for what seemed like ages; time moves differently in the Feywild.

Until recently, a spreading darkness in the heart of the Springwood. A corruption leaking from another realm. The Golden Queen and the Amberhive must be protected. The corruption must be investigated and cleansed from the Springwood lest it poison the entire realm. And so Bole left the Feywild for the first time, passing through a glade lying halfway between the Bright and the Faded Realms.

Some time later, the Wilden finds himself staring out from between a stand of trees, taking in the sight of a real-life human village. He'd only heard about them at court, but here one was, as real as he was. With excitement, resolve, and trepidation, Bole strikes out towards what he will soon learn is called Winterhaven (he will like the name instinctively).

But first, he cups a hand behind his bark-encrusted ear and waits for the familiar tingle of six tiny legs. He brings the little bee to his month and hzzbzzes a message. With a flick of its wings, the bee bobs and darts away, zooming towards the half-way glade to report back to the Amberhive. The tales were right, town is still here. Long live the Queen.

---

Bole is confident, impetuous, hard-working, and steadfastly loyal. He believes in the inherent goodness and rightness of the world, a feeling made literally manifest in the dreamworld of the Feywild. Literally honey-tongued.

He is a wiry, green skinned Wilden with thicker brown wooden plating curving around his shoulders, midriff, and other hinging places. The wood is shot through with deep amber-coloured veins, the mark of a Wilden of the Amberspire. He is quick to laugh, but even quicker to sting when provoked.

Bole's also a Controller with close range burst and blast attacks. He will want to dart in and amongst the enemies to disrupt their back lines, using his damage reduction interrupts and reactions to absorb an opportunity attack or two. Like a stinging bee, he will zip around the battlefield, helping his allies where they struggle and honing in on weak targets who think they're out of harm's way.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

I started working on a warlock (star pact) last night. She has a criminal background (though she does have something of a moral compass about who she took from), so at present she doesn't fit too well with a Bahamut themed party. She has recently left her life of crime behind for the most part, she's on the run from a powerful member of a rival guild. I could see her running to Bahamut for protection, pledging to give up her life of crime. Though she is also a beguiler, so probably wouldn't really mean it.

Or I could leave the warlock behind and try to build something different. I've got a fragment of an idea for a Bahamut-worshipping kobold that I could try to build on.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by pr0l0t0r View Post
    So I've been badgering away at this character for the past couple days. Someone else said they wanted to play Defender so I worked up a Controller. Now I'm realizing that he's neither connected to Bahamut and we've got another Controller application. Should I go back to the drawing board and build the Warden or are people ok with something a little off-theme?
    Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with not having perfect thematic consistency across the party. A party with a common origin can be fun, but in general shouldn't be a requirement IMO. You should play what you find interesting. If you've got a character you're happy with here, you should play it. There's nothing wrong with having two controllers (or even two defenders, as long as they can avoid stepping on one another's marks), it's just a different situation. Having two characters of the same role lets their secondary roles become more relevant, because their primary role is necessarily well-covered.

@ChaosCowby How do you feel about allowing non-Cavalier Paladins to take the Call Celestial Steed power? Originally it was level 4, and thus could be taken as a 6th level Utility power, but then they made it un-levelled for...reasons I don't quite understand. I just think it's a super fun thing to have, but I can do something else if you'd prefer we stay by-the-book.
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2020-03-28 at 07:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCowboy View Post
    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-6 with one or two understudy/alternates if possible, in case we lose someone.
    please ping me if seven interested players somehow isn't enough. just wish I'd seen this sooner, lol. I like leaders and controllers most. most of my experience has been in first level one-shots (because this is the only edition where level one is actually fun to play), but got to tenth once, so should be able to handle sixth.
    Designer of Cortex Shuffle – Fantasy Playset complete, and available pending licensing
    Currently developing Mythikal Fantasy and coreTEK, both using Cortex Prime
    TwitterDiscord

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    Looks like "only" two defenders, counting myself. About as many undecided, so you've got room to kick around other options too.

Sounds gouda to me. Bard and Warlord are both great picks for that. You can actually pull off some pretty amazing stuff as a repositioning Bard/Warlord with the right options; there's a theme from Dragon 399, Noble (not to be confused with the Dark Sun "Noble Adept," nor the "Neverwinter Noble"), that gives you an encounter move action to reposition two other party members *and* give them a power bonus to defenses. Lovely little tool for rapid deployment. Even better, it has a free action encounter utility power option that grants a saving throw with +2 bonus to an ally if you've just succeeded on one. There may be better Leader themes out there, but not many.

I'm up for that. As noted, my character lacks many connections to the present day, so linking up with someone who shares his faith makes perfect sense. It's one of the few things that hasn't changed about the world around him! Don't forget that Moradin and Kord would also make a lot of sense as deities, as would Pelor, Erathis, or Ioun (after all, the abbey is a place of lost history, and if I am accepted into the game, Seth is *living* history!)
    I'd actually been looking at a Shaman (WIS|INT) with Halaster's Clone for the level 5 power to use for repositioning (move action if I'm going first, I don't move, everyone adjacent to me moves). But of course Warlord gets that built in, mostly, at 6 with Reorient the Axis. Also was considering a Cleric, but Cleric At Wills make me sad, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is hybriding (half-elf might make it a little more palatable, though). Warlord's in there, I guess, too, as a possibility.
    Last edited by masteraleph; 2020-03-29 at 12:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by angille View Post
    please ping me if seven interested players somehow isn't enough.
    Not claiming to speak for ChaosCowboy, but the default in this forum seems to be open submission -- as many players can "apply for the job" as want to.

I'm considering submitting a striker or leader myself. I haven't yet found a match between build and character for this scenario, though. EDIT: Making some progress now with a deva avenger.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-03-29 at 11:30 AM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

25. - Top - End - #25

Planetar

Ill retreat from the sorcerer idea but Ill still go as a melee striker like I planned, probably some sort of a twf build (Twin strike ranger, tempest fighter, or whirler barbarian) with bladeling and their cool racial feats (So I can punch and slash with a greatsword)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    I started working on a warlock (star pact) last night. She has a criminal background (though she does have something of a moral compass about who she took from), so at present she doesn't fit too well with a Bahamut themed party. She has recently left her life of crime behind for the most part, she's on the run from a powerful member of a rival guild. I could see her running to Bahamut for protection, pledging to give up her life of crime. Though she is also a beguiler, so probably wouldn't really mean it.

Or I could leave the warlock behind and try to build something different. I've got a fragment of an idea for a Bahamut-worshipping kobold that I could try to build on.
    I would love to build a warlock if you decide on the second option.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    Not claiming to speak for ChaosCowboy, but the default in this forum seems to be open submission -- as many players can "apply for the job" as want to.
    well if that's the case, here's Zeal, tiefling ardent. Zeal's thing is that she's the last of a noble line from an old empire — I figure as a final parent died she took up their arms, shuttered the estate, and has gone off trying to figure out... who the hell she should actually be in this world. Seth may well recognize her family crest. more story and MW sheet pending player culling.

there's also a bladesinger idea floating around in my head, if a controller ends up being more welcome. (edit: this build got significantly more strikery as I explored her, lol — she can nova fairly spectacularly)
    Last edited by angille; 2020-03-30 at 02:26 AM. Reason: added bladesinger sheet
    Designer of Cortex Shuffle – Fantasy Playset complete, and available pending licensing
    Currently developing Mythikal Fantasy and coreTEK, both using Cortex Prime
    TwitterDiscord

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

@ChaosCowboy: I see you're using the surge-ritual houserule. Are you also offering any free rituals learned/mastered? I don't know if that would qualify as "mundane equipment", but even if it does, the question "how much is within reason" remains. Maybe one learned at each level?
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

29. - Top - End - #29

Alright, I'll be working on a MW sheet, but here's one from the CB. Should have all relevant info.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yfH...ew?usp=sharing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I have a Psion|Warlock I'd love to try. I'll post a link to her completed sheet here in a day and a night.