New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Default trance techno suggestions

i've been a fan of the genre for like 20 years now. and it's a lot more mainstream than it used to be, with a LOT more options out there these days then previously as well.

one of my supervisors at work turned me onto a new group this week, which i've been binging on youtube. Cash CaSH. i also listen to a few channels on di.fm vocal trance, epic trance, classic trance, club hits, EDC festival, vocal chillout, progressive, dubstep.

I usually tend towards vocal trance, club stuff, upbeat. paul van dyke, paul oakenfold, atb, george acosta, skrillex, tiesto, infected mushroom, BT, benny banassi, sasha/digweed, dj quicksilver, dj ciacomix, dj doboy to name more than a few.

anyways, i haven't been out in the scene for like a decade, it's not conducive to a family life :P

can anyone reccommend some new artists, or artists that might fit into the broad picture i've painted as to my tastes worth checking out?

it's sad to say, but my techno folder for music is only 4gb... i need some new stuff
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: trance techno suggestions

I tend to lean towards the psy/darkpsy end of things. Schpongle and Aphid Moon, respectively, but neither are particularly new. Eat Static put out a good one a couple years back, and Underworld are still going strong!

Not very vocal, but for something different I'd highly recommend This Morn' Omina, who do tribal industrial. They get pretty heavy at times, but build in a similar way to trance, lots of 10+ minute hypnotic songs.

I would also be interested if others have more contemporary suggestions, particularly epic trance!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

I love vocal trance, so I will be following this thread for new goodies
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

...what is trance?

I assume everyone isn't talking about four hours of rest for an elf, but beyond that I'm lost.

i feel so out of touch.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    ...what is trance?

I assume everyone isn't talking about four hours of rest for an elf, but beyond that I'm lost.

i feel so out of touch.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

While they don't exactly qualify as new (mostly recorded during the mid 00s) I'll recommend Dutch Vocal Trance group 4 Strings, which I think fits within the general grouping you listed.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Better answer for what is trance: https://music.ishkur.com/

My favorite resource for understanding electronic sub genres and history!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by JoshL
    My favorite resource for understanding electronic sub genres and history!
    Now that's cool, thanks. A musical phylogenetic tree with sampling stations.