Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Cypher] Unmasked

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    Temped to take a Weakness in Might for another Edge in Intellect if that's an option available to us.

Could I possibly dip into flavours, particularly a magic flavour or however this would work in Unmasked? I find that a lot of the Speaker/Changer abilities come across as just very samey yet different ways to achieve a similar goal.

Having a bit of Magic flavour would allow for more information gathering things like Premonition, which might be useful for exposition potentially.
    Something to consider before doing that, don't forget all mask forms can pick from the Universal Mask form abilities and many are actually pretty neat from Unmasked. As for what Masks are, that's part of the mystery somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Ah, so the equipment is included, right? Hm... maybe two katanas, one in each hand? xD Or maybe a katana and a wakizashi? :D

And armor is included too?
    You could but note that there isn't really any big differences in what weapons do in Cypher system, just choose what type of weapon: Light, medium or Heavy and that's pretty much it. Some foci help with using weapons in a better way like master weaponry or wields two weapons at once for people who wants to dual wield.

Yes armor is included.

Quote Originally Posted by Talespin79 View Post
    Did you see my post about my connection?
    As for equipment I was thinking a short sword or katana and them maybe throwing knives or brass knuckles.
    As for armor I want it to be light and sleek I think.
    Yes, I saw the post for the connection, will update in the morning. Yeah can work on this equipment list.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

So are we doing this or is it another lost game on the fourms

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Personally, I am still eager to play.

BTW, in case our GM is looking - I think I finished my character mechanically. If I will get a confirmation "the stats are OK" I am gonna write his backstory.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...SxUruZ2g/edit#

This is, assuming we are playing?
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

4. - Top - End - #34

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Weeee, we have a GM :3 Nice :3

Could you look over my mechanics in my post above and tell me if everything is okay? I have never played Cypher, neither Unmasked, so... :-P
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

6. - Top - End - #36

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

I am still good to go but don't understand this system at all

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apologies, my laptop sparked up and managed to shock me before dying. I'm perfectly fine but I'm having to use another to write.

The mechanics are pretty much all contained in the pages regarding pools, edge and effort. Perhaps the page on skills too. The rest is just generally fluff or lots of various options. Any specific mechanics I can help you work out, or tell you how to do things as you need to do them.

Every task you attempt to do has a difficulty, your skills and special abilities might modify how difficult those tasks are, and you can apply effort to achieve some tasks easier. Combat is relatively simple, there's no damage rolls, just attack rolls, enemies don't roll attack rolls, you just roll to dodge. Cypher is a system that's made so YOU make all the rolls.

You roll a d20, each level of difficulty increases the difficulty of the roll by 3.

Spoiler: Difficulty Chart from Core Rulebook
    Show

TASK DIFFICULTY
    0 Routine 0 Anyone can do this basically every time.
    1 Simple 3 Most people can do this most of the time.
    2 Standard 6 Typical task requiring focus, but most people can usually do this.
    3 Demanding 9 Requires full attention; most people have a 50/50 chance to succeed.
    4 Difficult 12 Trained people have a 50/50 chance to succeed.
    5 Challenging 15 Even trained people often fail.
    6 Intimidating 18 Normal people almost never succeed.
    7 Formidable 21 Impossible without skills or great effort.
    8 Heroic 24 A task worthy of tales told for years afterward.
    9 Immortal 27 A task worthy of legends that last lifetimes.
    10 Impossible 30 A task that normal humans couldn’t consider (but one that doesn’t break the laws of physics).

Unmasked says that difficulties can go up to 15 but this is a good starting point.

I've decided I'm going to re-recruit in a separate thread so we have AT LEAST 3 players. I'll throw up that thread tomorrow at the latest and we'll see how it goes.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry, that laptop issue from the other day really threw a massive spanner in the works.

I plan to make a post in the near future and I'll invite you two, but don't hold your breath for now!