New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Wizards' Spellbooks

So I was reading up on it and something came to mind. With a wizard's spellbook there are 100 pages, so you can have 100 levels worth of spells. But what about the backs of pages? Can those be filled with spells too?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Wizards' Spellbooks

It's pages = spell level, but I never thought about using the backs of them. I'd say not, though I don't think there's anything preventing you from having a book of 50 pages and using front and back.
    Dragonseth says,
    On a related note: Support Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium! Practice random mating!
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

There's a difference between a page and a sheet of paper. A sheet has two sides, each of which is considered a page. So a spellbook contains fifty sheets, or 100 pages, and the back of each page is simply the next page over.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

That makes sense, just hadn't thought of it that way I guess.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Please keep in mind that when they're talking paper they are not talking the pages of your PH. For example, the Exeter Book is 131 pages. It's one of the largest collections of Old English poetry in the world.
    The Cranky Gamer
    Nexx's Hello
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *"I" is an English pronoun in the nominative case of first person singular. It does not indicate the actions or writings of anyone but the first person, singular.
    *Tataurus, you have three halves as well as a race that doesn't breed. -UglyPanda
    *LVDO ERGO SVM