Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder 1E Eberron (3rd Party welcome)

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    I've seen this argued before on both sides. I believe Keith Baker is mostly against it, recommending wands instead. I see it a completely within the flavor of airships, trains, noir, and swashbuckling. I prefer Eberron with Emerging Guns - they're a curiosity that not everyone has heard of. I can't imagine Cannith doesn't have a couple artificers tinkering on them for a specialized market that wants a wand with no magic, at minimum.
    I definitely see guns as a possibility too (and I've always rolled my eyes at the idea of wands being a substitute for guns - they just don't have the same aesthetic). However, the main objection and sticking point to gun inclusion is that Eberron is about magic, rather than science. But as you've said, we have recognizable trains and airships, they've just been given a bit of an arcane, fantastic twist. So, maybe magic guns would fit Eberron better? Even if it was only magic used in creation, rather than something that makes them dispellable. Magical or alchemical powders, rune-spiraled barrels, shot of crystal or stranger materials - all of that stuff seems like it could be a pretty awesome aesthetic quite in keeping with Eberron's.

I've no objection to just using straight up firearms though, and it probably is simpler to implement. I just thought I'd bring this possibility up.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Further question- for ABP, can I count my claws (permanent, through the bestial trait) as a pair of weapons? And do they count as two light weapons for the Dual Wielding sphere?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-03-30 at 11:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I had totally forgotten about the list of questions you had in the original post that you wanted answered for each character. I added the answers to the post with Nicodemus's backstory.
    The only one I wasn't sure about yet was a currently living person connected to him. I'll be working on that but it also like a good opportunity to check and see if anyone wants to tie in backstories.

My player profile.

4. - Top - End - #64

I have a concept of a warforged Sentinel (Spheres of Might). Does the below sound like it will fit for the game?

O1 (Owen) was a warforged, created for the sole purpose of being a soldier. It was all he ever knew until the war ended and his unit was disbanded. He was dropped off in Throneport and basically abandoned by the army who had no further use for him and no idea what to do with him.

Lost and unsure he was found by Halden who took him under his wing and started using him as muscle. Glad of having purpose and feeling like he had someone who cares about him Owen took to the work with dedication.

When Haldren took Owen aside and told him he was sending him to Rygar's Gift, Owen was originally devastated. He thought he had disappointed Haldren as he had the army and was being abandoned again. Haldren carefully explained to him though that this was a position of trust that he wouldn't offer to just anyone and Owen came around to the idea. He has been faithfully following instructions since he arrived at the gift and has otherwise been trying to fit in with the other inhabitants of the island. He doesn't really understand the purpose of sitting in the sunshine or drinking vast quantities of alcohol but he joins in anyway.

5. - Top - End - #65

MindFlayer

Sheet is still WIP, but here it is: Dax Kurret, Kalashtar Shifter: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2164307

To be kalashtar is live a life on the front lines of an epic battle of good and evil. To know that by your deeds, you can bring light in an age of darkness. To dedicate yourself to the greater good. The man now known as Dax Kurret wanted none of it. He'd lost family and friends to the Dreaming Dark, seen his people sold out by the humans they wanted to protect for the promise of Riedran gold, and finally witnessed the devastation of the Last War. And so, he asked himself, what was the point? Why dedicate your life to saving people from an evil they were all too willing to commit? And so he fled. Dax was no fool, he knew that the Dark hunted all kalashtar, regardless of whether they wanted a part in the war or not. So he turned his natural magical gifts inward, focusing on shapeshifting magics. Grew out his hair and sideburns and shaped claws for himself. As a shifter, he made a place for himself in Sharn, working as hired muscle.

Visually, Dax is lean and wiry for a shifter. Most humans and other races who see him just see a shifter, and that's how he likes it. He's almost performative in his shifter-hood, living up to just about every stereotype of a shifter. People interacting with him notice that he seems to scrutinize everyone who approaches closely, looking for something, and that he's tense and wired until he gets a sense of them.

A big turning point for Dax was a local innkeeper revealing his family's hideout to Dreaming Dark agents for money. It led him to question why the kalashtar resist and fight so much for people who are willing to serve the Quori for their own selfish desires. Dax doesn't hate humans or any other race; in fact, he finds the revelation freeing. If people of other races can just focus on what they want, why not a kalashtar?

Dax just wants to live well. He doesn't see the point in grand ambitions or fancy causes. He wants a nice meal, some strong drink, and good company. His secret desire is to fully integrate in shifter society as one of them, but his fear of being found out prevents him from pursuing it much.

The closest thing to family Dax has is Miss Scarlett, owner of a seedy brothel in Sharn. He works for her as an enforcer/muscle/bodyguard, making sure patrons don't get too rough with the girls and boys or try to cheat them. They share an appreciation for material comforts and have established a strong friendship. She doesn't like to talk about her past either, and that suits him just fine.

Scarlett introduced Dax to Halden as a potential employer, seeing as she doesn't need him full-time once his reputation is known. Dax is quick, perceptive, and not tied down by any moral constraints, making him perfect for Halden's work. He excels as a spy or thief, and isn't picky about who he works for as long as the pay is good.

Of course, Dax's greatest fear is being found by the Dreaming Dark. He's constantly worried that they'll find him, hence trying to establish himself so much as a shifter.

He's been enjoying the chance to relax for once. He's never been much of an outdoorsman, but the idea of being away from prying eyes and enjoying the sunshine has been liberating.

6. - Top - End - #66

AssassinGuy

Table: Participants
    Player Concept Sheet Completed?
    Novabomb NE? Human Gunfighter Ajax Scrimshander
    Omoikane13 N Empty Vessel Pactmaker Hieronymous Whitehorn
    FinnDarkblade LN Tiefling Hedgewitch / Conjuration Companion Nicodemus Glaucus / Aurora Yes
    PotatoGolem N Kalashtar Shifter Dax Kurret
    Stack N/A Changeling Eliciter "Allen Vhale" (Veil)

Added to the chart.
    Last edited by FinnDarkblade; 2020-04-03 at 09:21 PM.

My player profile.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnDarkblade View Post

This is what we have submitted so far.

*Edit* I've got pretty much everything except for equiment on mine. I have another question there though. I'd like to have two non-magical(wedding) rings made out of adamantine but there aren't any rules for making anything other than armor and weapons from that. The closest thing I can see as far as amount of metal to a ring would be arrowheads which cost +60gp. Would it work if I just used the cost a Signet Ring and added 60gp?
    Thank you for putting together the table of submissions. Signet ring+60g is fine for your rings.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Further question- for ABP, can I count my claws (permanent, through the bestial trait) as a pair of weapons? And do they count as two light weapons for the Dual Wielding sphere?
    I'll say a pair of claws counts as pair of weapons, and they definitely count as two light weapons for Dual Wielding. Additional natural attacks will need to be purchased/acquired separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread_Head View Post
    I have a concept of a warforged Sentinel (Spheres of Might). Does the below sound like it will fit for the game?
    Existential crisis + history of violence seems is a great start for a noir campaign, I've always said.

Edit: Also, regarding backstories - we'll do a "session zero" where everyone can intertwine backstories. Think of an NPC who had some influence on your life. It doesn't have to be anything crazy.
    Last edited by Novawurmson; 2020-03-31 at 09:37 PM.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Here's some of Mouse's info.

Spoiler: Questions
    Show

When someone looks at your character, what do they remember? AND/OR What's visually distinctive about your character?

Mouse usually keeps crystalline red goggles on (Deathwatch Eyes). This is to hide his distinctly wrong eyes, which entirely lack iris or white, and consist entirely of a shifting, dark, speckled color. Otherwise, his proportions are subtly off, with limbs and digits seeming slightly too long. There's some of the ancestral beauty there, but Mouse tries to hide it.
    This is counterbalanced by a well-learned joviality and social air, an entirely constructed persona. Mouse can be friendly, talkative, essentially what you'd expect from a cheerful bartender or enigmatic information broker. This is entirely fake, and was learned when on the run to help try and hide him from the Quori.

What's an important event in your character’s life that shaped who they are today?

Escaping Riedra, and consequently Sarlona, and eventually making it to Khorvaire. It was almost entirely accidental, and the journey itself was difficult and laced with spirit-based nightmares.

What's something your character wants to do? This could be a long-term goal, short-term goal, idle daydream, secret desire, etc.

Mouse is divided on how he would like to continue. He's been on the run for as long as he can remember, and has always seen living in Adar with the Kalashtar population as an ideal end. However, as he learned more about the difficulties Adar has, and how close to Riedra it is, this vision become somewhat more tarnished. A small spark is growing, however, of a potential life as someone in Adar fighting against Riedra and the Inspired/Quori, or possibly fighting the Dreaming Dark in other ways.

Who is one living person important in your character’s life? This could be a family member, friend, mentor, enemy, rival, love interest/partner, etc.

On the journey away from Riedra, Mouse managed to find a sympathetic Kalashtar to harbour him, and to take him on a ship away from the continent. This Kalashtar, a weathered and sunburnt captain named Laharati, initially believed Mouse to be yet another Kalashtar, but on further investigation discovered his true nature. Once she'd devised that Mouse had escaped, a small seed of sympathy for the young Empty Vessel grew. She took Mouse in, and taught him a variety of skills he could potentially use, as well as contacting a friend in Adar to obtain some training materials for Mouse.This kindness, and the gift of skills beyond just the Quori's intended encyclopedic knowledge, has made Mouse loyal to Laharati to the highest degree. She even stops by Rygar's Gift sometimes, occasionally as a captain and occasionally as a surrogate parent. As far as she knows, Mouse is bar-tending and information brokering, nothing more.

How did you end up working with someone like Halden? AND/OR What something your character is running from?

Quite evidently, Mouse is running from the entire nation of Riedra and any agents of the Quori. Empty Vessels are not supposed to escape, and they want him back.

As to Halden, Mouse happened upon him in one of his stints away from Laharati, something she encouraged him to do to round out his experience of the real world in Khorvaire. Laharati was no stranger to work of dubious legality, but she'd had no contact with Halden. Mouse caught his attention when performing one such dubiously legal job, and a jack-of-all-trades skill set meant he quickly became a useful contact to the criminal.

What has your character been doing at Rygar's Gift?

As seen above, bar-tending and information brokering are Mouse's two main jobs, and they often work in tandem. A bar-tender learns a lot from the ins and outs of random patrons and sailors, and this lends itself both to the brokering, and to Mouse expanding his knowledge of his pactmaking abilities.

EDIT: Just to quickly ask again, Novawurmson, can I start with more spirits known? Maybe something like an appropriate one per level? Rather than just the usual single spirit.
    Last edited by Omoikane13; 2020-04-01 at 11:40 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

How is ABP working with sphere staves? (I have found ABP to be a good idea with terrible execution, but I suppose it is too late to argue that point)

Sheet started here. Allen Vhale, changeling eliciter.

10. - Top - End - #70

AssassinGuy

Table: Participants
    Player Concept Sheet Completed?
    Novabomb NE? Human Gunfighter Ajax Scrimshander
    Omoikane13 N Empty Vessel Pactmaker Hieronymous Whitehorn
    FinnDarkblade LN Tiefling Hedgewitch / Conjuration Companion Nicodemus Glaucus / Aurora Yes
    PotatoGolem N Kalashtar Shifter Dax Kurret
    Stack N/A Changeling Eliciter "Allen Vhale" (Veil)

Added to the chart.
    Last edited by FinnDarkblade; 2020-04-03 at 09:07 PM.

My player profile.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omoikane13 View Post
    Here's some of Mouse's info.

Spoiler: Questions
    Show

When someone looks at your character, what do they remember? AND/OR What's visually distinctive about your character?

Mouse usually keeps crystalline red goggles on (Deathwatch Eyes). This is to hide his distinctly wrong eyes, which entirely lack iris or white, and consist entirely of a shifting, dark, speckled color. Otherwise, his proportions are subtly off, with limbs and digits seeming slightly too long. There's some of the ancestral beauty there, but Mouse tries to hide it.
    This is counterbalanced by a well-learned joviality and social air, an entirely constructed persona. Mouse can be friendly, talkative, essentially what you'd expect from a cheerful bartender or enigmatic information broker. This is entirely fake, and was learned when on the run to help try and hide him from the Quori.

What's an important event in your character’s life that shaped who they are today?

Escaping Riedra, and consequently Sarlona, and eventually making it to Khorvaire. It was almost entirely accidental, and the journey itself was difficult and laced with spirit-based nightmares.

What's something your character wants to do? This could be a long-term goal, short-term goal, idle daydream, secret desire, etc.

Mouse is divided on how he would like to continue. He's been on the run for as long as he can remember, and has always seen living in Adar with the Kalashtar population as an ideal end. However, as he learned more about the difficulties Adar has, and how close to Riedra it is, this vision become somewhat more tarnished. A small spark is growing, however, of a potential life as someone in Adar fighting against Riedra and the Inspired/Quori, or possibly fighting the Dreaming Dark in other ways.

Who is one living person important in your character’s life? This could be a family member, friend, mentor, enemy, rival, love interest/partner, etc.

On the journey away from Riedra, Mouse managed to find a sympathetic Kalashtar to harbour him, and to take him on a ship away from the continent. This Kalashtar, a weathered and sunburnt captain named Laharati, initially believed Mouse to be yet another Kalashtar, but on further investigation discovered his true nature. Once she'd devised that Mouse had escaped, a small seed of sympathy for the young Empty Vessel grew. She took Mouse in, and taught him a variety of skills he could potentially use, as well as contacting a friend in Adar to obtain some training materials for Mouse.This kindness, and the gift of skills beyond just the Quori's intended encyclopedic knowledge, has made Mouse loyal to Laharati to the highest degree. She even stops by Rygar's Gift sometimes, occasionally as a captain and occasionally as a surrogate parent. As far as she knows, Mouse is bar-tending and information brokering, nothing more.

How did you end up working with someone like Halden? AND/OR What something your character is running from?

Quite evidently, Mouse is running from the entire nation of Riedra and any agents of the Quori. Empty Vessels are not supposed to escape, and they want him back.

As to Halden, Mouse happened upon him in one of his stints away from Laharati, something she encouraged him to do to round out his experience of the real world in Khorvaire. Laharati was no stranger to work of dubious legality, but she'd had no contact with Halden. Mouse caught his attention when performing one such dubiously legal job, and a jack-of-all-trades skill set meant he quickly became a useful contact to the criminal.

What has your character been doing at Rygar's Gift?

As seen above, bar-tending and information brokering are Mouse's two main jobs, and they often work in tandem. A bar-tender learns a lot from the ins and outs of random patrons and sailors, and this lends itself both to the brokering, and to Mouse expanding his knowledge of his pactmaking abilities.

EDIT: Just to quickly ask again, Novawurmson, can I start with more spirits known? Maybe something like an appropriate one per level? Rather than just the usual single spirit.
    Sorry if I missed it earlier. Yes, one spirit per level is good - that's what I've done with in-person campaigns in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    How is ABP working with sphere staves? (I have found ABP to be a good idea with terrible execution, but I suppose it is too late to argue that point)

Sheet started here. Allen Vhale, changeling eliciter.
    Implements scale at the same rate as weapons, so you can swap a weapon attunement for an implement.
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

12. - Top - End - #72

MindFlayer

How long ago was the Last War in the campaign? I'm playing around with the idea of a Valaes Tairn Elf who participated in the War and helped reclaim Valenar, but grew disillusioned with his nation for some reason or another, and the timeframe would help formulate my thoughts more.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bluydee View Post
    How long ago was the Last War in the campaign? I'm playing around with the idea of a Valaes Tairn Elf who participated in the War and helped reclaim Valenar, but grew disillusioned with his nation for some reason or another, and the timeframe would help formulate my thoughts more.
    998YK - 2 years after the Last War.

Edit: I like to name my campaigns. The title of this one is now "Getaway"
    Last edited by Novawurmson; 2020-04-03 at 03:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Getaway - Pathfinder 1E Eberron (3rd Party welcome)

I came up with a living influential NPC.

Spoiler: Vorik Brand
    Show
    Nicodemus was almost entirely despondent by the time he wandered into Throneport, driven by little more than survival instinct. He slept in the alleys and lived off of what scraps he could scavenge or steal. One night, he attempted to rob a lone old man walking the city at night. Unbeknownst to him, the man was a Cleric of the Blood of Vol who had Nicodemus disarmed and writhing on the ground in pain in a matter of a few moments. Surprisingly, when the guards came to investigate the noise he claimed that Nicodemus was his friend and had simply fallen due to being drunk. The man half-dragged Nicodemus back to his house and locked him in a bedroom.

When Nicodemus awoke the next morning he found himself in a comfortable bed in a comfortable room with a knife at his throat held by the old man he had tried to rob. The man introduced himself as Vorik Brand, an exile from Karrnath and Seeker of the Blood of Vol. He told Nicodemus that he had seen the pain and loss that Nicodemus was going through and was willing to help him find himself again but would tolerate no further threats to his own safety or disrespect while living in his house. Enraged by what he saw as pity, Nicodemus attempted to get up and leave. With a word the man wracked Nicodemus with pain again and told him that it had not been an offer and that if he tried to leave without permission again his body would be found in a scrap heap. Not really having a choice, and barely able to move, Nicodemus agreed.

The next three months were an exercise in pain and patience. Vorik had seen some kind of potential in Nicodemus and seemed unwilling to let either of them rest until he had discovered what it might be. Nicodemus spent hours every day in exercise and study. His body, having grown gaunt and frail due to lack of care, filled out and he was forced to begin taking care of his appearance again. He reconnected with his ability to use magic, lost since the day he had burned Aurora's body. Eventually, and to Nicodemus's surprise and consternation, he suddenly declared himself satisfied that his help was no longer needed. The next day he introduced Nicodemus to Halden as a source of work. Within a week Halden had a job for him working as security for a loanshark. Vorik arranged living quarters for Nicodemus and arranged for the pay from his first job to cover his rent and a week's worth of supplies. The moment he got paid Vorik told him he was on his own from that point on. That being said, once he'd been living on his own and working steadily for another month he found a note in his apartment with a standing invitation for dinner with Vorik as long as it wasn't more often than twice a week.

Nicodemus is still somewhat nonplussed regarding Vorik's motives but considers the old man a friend nevertheless and the two have spent a considerable amount of time together. It was Vorik who encouraged him to take Halden's offer of the job in Rygar's Gift, saying that he was too young by far to spend the rest of his life in one place and that he had a responsibility to himself to do more with his life than threaten people into paying loans.

Nicodemus has made certain to spend some time at the Seeker Temple on Rygar's Gift despite not quite counting himself as one of them.

Also, let me know when you're considering your sheet completed and I'll mark the table as such.
    Last edited by FinnDarkblade; 2020-04-03 at 09:29 PM.

My player profile.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll start with the most important things:

24 hours from now, the thread will be closed to new interest (10PM EDT 4/4/2020). Everyone who has already posted on the thread is considered "interested" (list below).

Sheets will be due 48 hours from then (10PM EDT 4/6/2020). Trying to give people the weekend to get sheets done.

Spoiler: Interested people as of 10PM 4/3/2020
    Show
    Ragnarok'n'Roll
    Rokku
    stack
    AmberVael
    Omoikane13
    Bluydee
    FinnDarkblade
    PotatoGolem
    JNAProductions
    Elbeyon
    Nishai
    Athaleon
    tonberryking
    Novabomb
    Dread_Head

On the fun side of things, I added a "campaign playlist" of some songs I'm taking inspiration from.

Spoiler: Campaign Playlist
    Show

https://youtu.be/20zyUYOuk4Y - Cafe Jegog by Ricardo Gallardo

https://youtu.be/b7CUOa7wsd0 - Everybody Wants to Rule the World covered by NSP

https://youtu.be/h613Jrtd5EE - World Gong Crazy by Han Han

https://youtu.be/E5ofVsxTPoc - The Stranger by Billy Joel

https://youtu.be/wfLOt5P6nSk - Everybody Knows covered by Sigrid

https://youtu.be/7hfD9CHmj3U - I Walk the Line covered by Scott McFarnon

https://youtu.be/l4XZWZ91kfc - Gun Street Girl by Tom Waits

https://youtu.be/63JjmITR5Ns - Bang Goes the Knighthood by The Divine Comedy

https://bitterruin.bandcamp.com/track/soldier - Soldier by Bitter Ruin

https://jasonwebley.bandcamp.com/tra...ry-of-violence - History of Violence by Jason Webley
    Last edited by Novawurmson; 2020-04-03 at 09:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well I'm hoping to throw my hat in this ring as it closes up, hoping to have the full character sheet and background up tomorrow after work but as it's getting late and I need to get to sleep hopefully the following is sufficient enough.

I was thinking a gnome mesmerist from Occult Adventures. If Occult Adventures is better avoided, I would also like to try my hands at a psion, probably a human in that instance however.

Completely understood if that is too vague at this juncture, sort of new to this whole thing so figuring stuff out.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posting interest. Not sure what I'll be doing yet, but Eberron is always fun

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm also posting an interest before it closes. Probably looking to make some kind of martial class.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stepfan View Post
    Well I'm hoping to throw my hat in this ring as it closes up, hoping to have the full character sheet and background up tomorrow after work but as it's getting late and I need to get to sleep hopefully the following is sufficient enough.

I was thinking a gnome mesmerist from Occult Adventures. If Occult Adventures is better avoided, I would also like to try my hands at a psion, probably a human in that instance however.

Completely understood if that is too vague at this juncture, sort of new to this whole thing so figuring stuff out.
    Either class is fine. I'm not going be picking based on class (unless it's a class I explicitly disallowed). I actually made a little Mesmerist guide a while back, but I love Psions, too.

As long as you have ANY post by 11 hours from now, you're good, even if it's just "Hey, I'm interested."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Would a Gnoll Ranger be good for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew
    (again I have to wonder why anyone gives a crap about whether it's fair to depict monsters are evil in fantasy games)
    I CARE. I care, and every goddamn person in the world should care, because it's objectification of a sentient being. It doesn't matter that the sentient being in question is a fictional species, it's saying that it's OK for people who look funny to be labeled as Evil by default.

21. - Top - End - #81

BlackDragon

Posting interest, going for a thief type, currently thinking Human Technician2/Conscript1/Stalker(Vigilante)`

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yenek View Post
    Would a Gnoll Ranger be good for this?
    I love Eberron gnolls, but I would recommend something like Urban Ranger that trades off the woodsy stuff. There is a small amount of wild area on the island, but expect to be in civilization or on ships for most of the campaign.

23. - Top - End - #83

MindFlayer

How do you feel about multiple entries? I'm pretty much done with Dax, but I had a great idea this morning for a Warforged obsessed with the act of creation. EIther straight blacksmith or Blacksmith 3/Incanter 1 focusing on Creation.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

How do you feel about multiple entries? I'm pretty much done with Dax, but I had a great idea this morning for a Warforged obsessed with the act of creation. EIther straight blacksmith or Blacksmith 3/Incanter 1 focusing on Creation.
    I'd prefer you pick one and roll with them, just because multiple entries increases the number of character sheets to audit later.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't quite gotten a Symbiat that I'm happy with, so I may need to abandon that concept for something else. Still wanna do this, though.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Either class is fine. I'm not going be picking based on class (unless it's a class I explicitly disallowed). I actually made a little Mesmerist guide a while back, but I love Psions, too.

As long as you have ANY post by 11 hours from now, you're good, even if it's just "Hey, I'm interested."
    Well then count me as interested. :-) Always need more pathfinder in my life.

27. - Top - End - #87

MindFlayer

I'd prefer you pick one and roll with them, just because multiple entries increases the number of character sheets to audit later.
    Totally reasonable. I'll make both and see which resonates with me more. Few questions in making the Maker:

1. Can we start having crafted items? Crafting is a decent amount of the Blacksmith's power and sort of the Maker's shtick.

2. You approved the Leadership sphere up-thread. How do you feel about the Constructor talent /Construct Controller drawback? At the one talent level, it's very Eberron- 3.5 Eberron had a bunch of different homunculi, and golems shouldn't be that unusual. I'm thinking he views making other constructs as the purest expression of his talent, and his ultimate goal is to make other thinking constructs or, ultimately, other living constructs. I don't think the 2-talent level makes sense as something he can just buy at the outset though- it's something to work towards.

3. Warforged race talks about using craft (blacksmithing) to repair warforged. The Blacksmith class depends on Profession (Blacksmith). Can constructs be repaired with Profession (Blacksmith)?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-04-04 at 08:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Totally reasonable. I'll make both and see which resonates with me more. Few questions in making the Maker:

1. Can we start having crafted items? Crafting is a decent amount of the Blacksmith's power and sort of the Maker's shtick.

2. You approved the Leadership sphere up-thread. How do you feel about the Constructor talent /Construct Controller drawback? At the one talent level, it's very Eberron- 3.5 Eberron had a bunch of different homunculi, and golems shouldn't be that unusual. I'm thinking he views making other constructs as the purest expression of his talent, and his ultimate goal is to make other thinking constructs or, ultimately, other living constructs. I don't think the 2-talent level makes sense as something he can just buy at the outset though- it's something to work towards.

3. Warforged race talks about using craft (blacksmithing) to repair warforged. The Blacksmith class depends on Profession (Blacksmith). Can constructs be repaired with Profession (Blacksmith)?
    1. You can start with one crafted (i.e half-priced) item, as long as you otherwise meet the requirements for creating the item. You can also save some gold and start crafting an item immediately as the game begins.

2. Constructor talent is absolutely awesome and completely fits Eberron. I think you can even take the second level one; people will see it as a "not quite" warforged, as it relies on you for direction to do everything. This will have positives and negatives - some people will see it as an attempt to make warforged without House Cannith, some people will see it as a reasonable compromise between full sentience and mindless constructs, and some people will see it as poor taste as their are citizen constructs.

3. Either is completely acceptable.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Tossing interest in before this closes Been looking through Eberron stuff and have a character concept in mind. Basic idea is a high-charisma charmer that tries to solve problems with alcohol and words rather than fighting. We'll see how they come out!
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

hannahbbug3 will be the final person before the closure to new interest.