New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Crisis (OOC)

Agreed to head over to the FAI.

Edit: can I get a Preemptive Detect Magic ritual at everything within 30’, please? Special emphasis on the spellbook and letter, in case there’s something like an arcane mark.
    Last edited by cigaw; 2020-04-01 at 05:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Let me know when you're all ready to move on to next day after the appropriate long rest.

Also welcome to level 2 - don't expect to level after every fight, 1-3 always goes fast for me though. Roll for HP, reroll any 1s or 2s.

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    The spellbook has a heavy Abjuration pulse around it, probably the result of the spell that's keeping its pages shut.

The pin has traces of magic though any spells are long since faded - perhaps an enchantment was there originally and wore off, or it's just residual magic from being close to Gorion for so long.

Letter is non-magical.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amnestic View Post
    Let me know when you're all ready to move on to next day after the appropriate long rest.

Also welcome to level 2 - don't expect to level after every fight, 1-3 always goes fast for me though. Roll for HP, reroll any 1s or 2s.
    Yay! (1d10)[5] reroll of needed (1d10)[9]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

(1d10)[2] (I am much more a fan of taking average but hey).

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Reroll is needed (1d10)[3]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

May those of us who wish to please take the average instead of rolling?

Edit 2: Is Cunning Action: Aim ok for me to take? It's from the Feature Variants UA which gives every class a few more features/options for features.

Edit: Also given the recent forum difficulties some people are having, if anyone would like to add me on Discord in case the forum explodes again... I'm Ramsus#5188 there. You can also just do that if you feel like instead of because you're worried about the forum. *shrug*
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-04-02 at 11:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oh boy, Invocations time. Picking up Repelling Blast since it energizes well with Aintas, and Devil's Sight because in my experience superior darkvision is the best invocation.
    I'm ready to bury Gorion and hit the road in the morning when everyone else is.

Hit points: (1d8)[2]
    In case of 1 or 2: (1d8)[4]

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    The spellbook has a heavy Abjuration pulse around it, probably the result of the spell that's keeping its pages shut.

The pin has traces of magic though any spells are long since faded - perhaps an enchantment was there originally and wore off, or it's just residual magic from being close to Gorion for so long.

Letter is non-magical.
    Many thanks for the Detect Magic info. Melian will definitely keep Gorion's spellbook and try to study it.

@Amnestic, in the recruitment thread you had mentioned rolling for HP with min of average. Not sure if you forgot or decided to change it up, either way is fine by me.

In any case, here's (1d6)[3] and another (1d6)[5] if I need it.

e: I can feel that second roll mocking me

Gonna update the sheet and work on an IC post.
    Last edited by cigaw; 2020-04-02 at 12:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[/SPOILER]
    Yay! Level 2! So now I need to ask a question. I found an Unearthed Arcana Druid Circle that I'd really like to try, but of course I want approval first. It's the Wildfire Druid, found here.. Ramsus pointed me in it's direction. If it's not ok, I can easily go with Circle of the Land, but it can't hurt to ask.

Either way, I'll roll HP, and see what you've got to say about Cigaw's question on half being the minimum.

(1d8)[1] and a reroll just in case (1d8)[5] .
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #100

Melian's sheet is updated. I picked up Absorb Elements to set her up on her path of being a magical dodge tank eventually and Grease to give Aintas and Vyv something to help with getting sneak attacks and OAs.

e: me english wording good =)
    Last edited by cigaw; 2020-04-02 at 03:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

I will remove my last two posts as per request. Next time just deal with something like that OOC. You can assume Senna being around somewhere, being all bookish. (I hope the forum will calm down.)
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-04-02 at 02:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

You.... should probably have not done that. I didn't ask you to and now I've already made two posts that exist in a continuity where those posts happened. Given the way the forum is behaving I have no desire to ret-con the entire last scene (especially as it would require everyone else to re-do their posts).

13. - Top - End - #103

If I may make a suggestion since it seems tempers have flared a bit and posting hasn't really perfectly gelled yet: let's take a breath and cut to burying the body.

PBP is challenging in that it's surprisingly easy to overlook small things, nothing happens in real time and we often have limited to no indication of tone when someone posts.

We often take liberties with other PCs to move a scene along in PBP because it takes so long but people have different styles. Right now I believe nobody has done anything to deliberately annoy anyone else. I also think this is a solid lineup of characters and the current back and forth still makes sense with a bunch of violently re-orphaned teenagers/young adults.

Maybe it's worthwhile to make a Discord server to hash out tactics and goals in real time instead of relying on the Forums? If so, my username is cigaw#3896

Happy gaming, everyone.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I agree that ending this night scene would be best. I will not add nor remove any further posts, as I am not willing to loose any sleep over such a game. The only thing I ask is that you might dial back the liberties in creating your own scenes. That menas everyone including me.

It will take a bit of depth away, but we cannot afford to follow six separate storylines, but we should fixate on being a group. I am sorry for having overreacted but maybe we should act as an RPG party, not a main character with followers.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cigaw View Post
    Many thanks for the Detect Magic info. Melian will definitely keep Gorion's spellbook and try to study it.

@Amnestic, in the recruitment thread you had mentioned rolling for HP with min of average. Not sure if you forgot or decided to change it up, either way is fine by me.

In any case, here's [roll0] and another [roll1] if I need it.

e: I can feel that second roll mocking me

Gonna update the sheet and work on an IC post.
    I forgot. I checked my Big 16 offline notes and didn't find any mention of it. So yeah, HP is roll with minimum of average after all. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    May those of us who wish to please take the average instead of rolling?

Edit 2: Is Cunning Action: Aim ok for me to take? It's from the Feature Variants UA which gives every class a few more features/options for features.

Edit: Also given the recent forum difficulties some people are having, if anyone would like to add me on Discord in case the forum explodes again... I'm Ramsus#5188 there. You can also just do that if you feel like instead of because you're worried about the forum. *shrug*
    See above for the HP, CA: Aim looks fine to me. Kinda wish they'd made that baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Yay! Level 2! So now I need to ask a question. I found an Unearthed Arcana Druid Circle that I'd really like to try, but of course I want approval first. It's the Wildfire Druid, found here.. Ramsus pointed me in it's direction. If it's not ok, I can easily go with Circle of the Land, but it can't hurt to ask.

Either way, I'll roll HP, and see what you've got to say about Cigaw's question on half being the minimum.

[roll0] and a reroll just in case [roll1] .
    After reading about this one I'm going to say yes. Little bit concerned about the spirit but we'll see how it plays out. That's what UA's for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    You.... should probably have not done that. I didn't ask you to and now I've already made two posts that exist in a continuity where those posts happened. Given the way the forum is behaving I have no desire to ret-con the entire last scene (especially as it would require everyone else to re-do their posts).
    I'm gonna try to draw a line under this situation - might be best to leave the posts as they are and just wrap up for bed for a fresh start "in the morning".

...and while I was writing this and doing other stuff others have suggested it. Fashionably late, as always.
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2020-04-02 at 03:58 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #106

I forgot. I checked my Big 16 offline notes and didn't find any mention of it. So yeah, HP is roll with minimum of average after all. My bad.

[...]

I'm gonna try to draw a line under this situation - might be best to leave the posts as they are and just wrap up for bed for a fresh start "in the morning".

...and while I was writing this and doing other stuff others have suggested it. Fashionably late, as always.
    Thanks and thanks!

Let me know how you want to handle Gorion's spellbook. I'm fine with it being anything from a full-on sidequest to "due to your continued efforts the spellbook springs open at this incredibly convenient moment". Melian's first stab at it will be studying it as part of her rest, similar to identifying magic items.

Come morning Melian will share her findings on the pin and non-magicality of Gorion's possessions.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll miss not having a communal burial scene, but it may be for the best to "the next day" the situation.
    The Bear is Back.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cigaw View Post
    Thanks and thanks!

Let me know how you want to handle Gorion's spellbook. I'm fine with it being anything from a full-on sidequest to "due to your continued efforts the spellbook springs open at this incredibly convenient moment". Melian's first stab at it will be studying it as part of her rest, similar to identifying magic items.

Come morning Melian will share her findings on the pin and non-magicality of Gorion's possessions.
    I've got an idea for it to open plot-related down the line but I'm gonna keep it to myself for now. Melian's probably got enough sidequest stuff with his Inheritor shenanigans!

I'll throw up an IC post early tomorrow morning (UK time) to give people a last chance to RP going to bed if they so wish, but if not, well bed and sleep is assumed.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #109

I've got an idea for it to open plot-related down the line but I'm gonna keep it to myself for now. Melian's probably got enough sidequest stuff with his Inheritor shenanigans!
    Not a problem!

Guess we can do the burial scene before calling it!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's what Caelee's wildfire spirit will look like. I'd post it as an image but it doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

Bokono, Wildfire Spirit

I'm planning on roleplaying the first summoning being in the morning before we leave camp. Caelee has some pretty dire thinking to do about life and death, but as a druid she can fall back on the great circle of life.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

CA: Aim looks fine to me. Kinda wish they'd made that baseline.
    That's how I feel about a lot of the stuff in that particular UA.

Fashionably late, as always.
    Honestly that's the best place for the GM usually. I've seen way too many cases of a GM trying to step in to some kind of drama and causing the situation to explode instead of fizzle out. *shrug*

Rolling for HP: (1d8)[3]

22. - Top - End - #112

BlueKnightGuy

I'm cool with cutting to morning. Been trying to post about helping to dig, but the forum craps itself every time, so I'll just wait till the next scene to post again.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

In my experience, in PbP games, when in doubt, move the plot forward.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Feel free to do a spot of pre-meeting travel RP on the road but I'm looking to move the convo along this evening (for me).

I should have probably asked this before but what timezones are you guys in? We'll all be back to work eventually I expect so would be good to know when posting is likely to happen relative to me.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Feel free to do a spot of pre-meeting travel RP on the road but I'm looking to move the convo along this evening (for me).

I should have probably asked this before but what timezones are you guys in? We'll all be back to work eventually I expect so would be good to know when posting is likely to happen relative to me.
    UTT+2 for me. Athens, Greece.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

UTC +1 Berlin/Germany.

27. - Top - End - #117

Currently UTC-7; California, USA.

28. - Top - End - #118

BlueKnightGuy

UTC -6, but in Canada. So we don't have DST and it's more like I'm in UTC -7 to most people. I think. I'm still not entirely sure how DST works.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Our group: "These wanderers are weird. We do not trust them."
    Also our group: We must immediately tell them about our professions, destination, maybe our favorite color.,

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastern Standard US time here. Generally on a real week with work I post in the mornings and evenings.
    The Bear is Back.