New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Crisis (OOC)

Using Precision Attack maneuver, adding (1d8)[6] to the attack roll.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

T: (1d20+3)[9](1d8+1)[6]
    B: (1d20+3)[12](1d8+1)[6]
    J: (1d20+3)[19](1d6+3)[8]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Concentration check at a DC 10- (1d20+2)[11] for entangle.
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[6](1d6+3)[8]
    (1d20+3)[6](1d8+1)[4]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

It won't be relevant for this combat (or potentially the near future) but could people start thinking about magic items they'd want on their character for their intended playstyle/build. If you have any ideas, post them in the OOC thread (so it's easy to find). It's not intended as a 'shopping list' where you'll get everything you ask for - just ideas for me to build off of.
    Once Melian's posted I'll throw up a next turn thingy.
    Dear Satan.

Even though I was a bit naughty this year, I wish for the following:
    - a Bag of Holding for senseless looting
    - Heward's Handy Haversack for even MORE senseless looting. I promise not to evoke a rip in space and time if I get both things.
    - a necklace of prayer beads. I like my wizard spells, but I have to be there for my family.
    - a wand of magic missiles. Did I mention I like wizard spells?

I have many more wishes, that include stat boosting items or magic weapons but frankly they are incredibly silly. For one, +1 items are deadly boring to me. Stuff like Gauntlets of Ogre Strength oddly don't go on the fighter, because his strength is already insane. Then stuff that just clashes with style. Me getting bracers of archery would be insanely good, but I feel Caelee and/or Melian would take affront for me to be elvier than them. Plus some items are just made in such a way that Senna would never keep them for herself.

I like stuff that adds to my tool kit, or take stress out of my in group duties of buffing and healing so I can add other spells. Other than that, in the case of cleric items, I love these insanely divine stuff like candles of invocation, holy avengers, prayer beads or valkyrie helms. Even though in Senna's case, these items would rather be "a book that allows her to cast assorted bard/wizard spells", a statuette that allows her to summon a pegasus, a tabard with her god's holy symbol that allows her to provide bardic inspiration. Or something that shores up her frankly stupid options for Channel Divinity. Maybe just a copy of another cleric domain's ability, that expends the thing like regular, like Protection or Light domain's.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23](1d6+3)[6]
    (1d20+5)[20](1d10+1)[9]
    (1d20+5)[7](1d8+1)[8]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[6]
    Crit damage
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dear Bahamut Claws,

All I want for Dragonyule is a magical book of jokes that cause funny effects when they are told. I've been a very good boy and only made a bet with a Hellspawn once this year.

Sincerely, Sammy

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: A more jester-themed Bard-flavored take on The Grimoire of Questionable Spells, a magic item I've played with once or twice that produces a set number of scrolls for unusual spells each day. They can range from useless to surprisingly helpful.

Aside from the joke item, I don't have any set plans for items I want or am after. I don't know the 5e magic item list very well so I'm happy to take whatever comes my way.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Dear Tooth-faerie, I gave you a tooth. Now you are contractually obligated to give me items from the following wishlist.

Spoiler: Wishlist
    Show

Random Ideas
    A pair of shortsword darksabers

A pair set of magical gemstone shortswords. Maybe pink and green tourmaline. (Effects? Some kind of to hit pluses would be nice and other fun effects would be great.) Or maybe one is both pink and green tourmaline and the other is amber. *shrug*

Runed Leather Armor (studded leather with some amount of + to AC and maybe gives one or more of the Rune Magic features from Rune Knight (Fighter Archetype) as part of an attack rather than requiring a bonus action or some other effect so that's it's not just +X armor).

Bracers or Gloves that give the Two-Weapon Fighting fighting style

Some kind of construct or (non-fire) elemental familiar/pet

Jade broach of Tongues (the spell, always on)

An endless supply of Trinkets to leave as gifts for people

A magical bet. No particular ideas. But maybe could have a magic item effect from something in the official content list that she already has an item of or is a ring effect because wearing rings with leather gloves sounds a bit... tricky really.

Official Content
    Hide of the Feral Guardian (maybe change the polymorph creature types into all flying or all non-flying or maybe even things that aren't beasts, maybe elementals?)

Glamoured Studded Leather

Boots of Elvenkind

Cloak of Elvenkind

Dagger (or better yet shortsword) of Blindsight

Infiltrator's Key

Moonblade (but a shortsword and for CG alignment, though honestly a Moonblade with finesse and whatever else would probably better suit Melian)

Sword of the Paruns (but a shortsword)

Pretty much any magical sword but a shortsword that isn't intelligent, cursed, or emit lit.

Belt of Dwarvenkind

Censer of Controlling Air Elementals

Cloak of Arachnida

Cloak of Invisibility

Gloves of Thievery

Manual of Bodily Health

Periapt of Proof against Poison

Periapt of Wound Closure

Portable Hole

Ring of Air Elemental Command (assuming we're going to then fight an air elemental)

Ring of Earth Elemental Command (assuming we're going to then fight an air elemental)

Ring of Free Action

Ring of Invisibility

Ring of Protection

Ring of Spell Turning

Scarab of Protection

Slippers of Spider Climbing (though I'd prefer boots so they match the style of the character)

Stone of Good Luck

Tome of Leadership and Influence

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear and Great DM (Aintas has as a character ability to Break the 4th Wall, so he prays directly to the DM),

As a fighter, he unfortunately needs the boring items of Magic Weapon and Magic Armor (TM). However, if they could be quirky, memorable and unique that would be awesome (a Glaive or a Spear that shocks in a crit hit both the enemy AND Aintas, or which sings a battle hymn when it hits or something). Moreover, a Movement Thing (tm) would also be great, like teleporting 60 ft or moving double the movement once per short rest or allowing an attack after a Dash action etc etc.

On a tangent, why Charge is not part of 5e continues to baffle me to this day. It is cool, it is useful and it is easy to implement. What is Crawford's problem?

11. - Top - End - #191

BlueKnightGuy

Charge is actually available via the Charger feat if you were looking for it.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[14](1d20+5)[16](1d12+3)[5] Crit: (1d12)[1]
    (1d120+5)[45](1d10+1)[2](2d6)[6] Crit: (1d10)[10](2d6)[8]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13] vs [roll]1d20+5
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas reaction (1d20+5)[25] plus precision attack maneuver added to attack roll (1d8)[3] Damage (1d10+3)[11]

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a survival roll for tracks (1d200+5)[128] and a perception check (1d20+5)[22] for the scene with the vultures.
    The Bear is Back.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Here's a survival roll for tracks (1d20+4)[17] and a perception check (1d20+4)[18] for the scene with the vultures.
    That was a very impressive Survival roll. If help is needed (1d20+4)[17] and Perception (1d20+4)[18]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear Santa,

I would really like a new staff- a staff of the woodlands, a staff of healing, or some other cool staff that lets me cast more spells.
    Along those lines an Ioun Stone of Recovery would be really cool. More spells make Caelee happy.
    Alternatively, a longbow that uses Wisdom for attacks and damage rolls would be pretty cool.
    Ioun stones are nifty, even if they don't recover spells.
    Additional wildshapes (and therefore more summonings) would be rad.
    And scrolls and jewelry make great stocking stuffers!

Sincerely,
    Caelyn Syol'arael.
    The Bear is Back.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Initiative (1d20+2)[16]
    Int check about these vermin (1d20+3)[5] +2 if it is Arcana or Religion instead of Nature.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh oh. Caelee stepped in it this time guys. (1d20+3)[15] initiative.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #200

BlueKnightGuy

Oh goody, we can get Aintas that Ankheg armor after all.

Initiative: (1d20+6)[19]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas initiative (1d20+1)[19]

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian init: (1d20+6)[14]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

- To the Private Secretary of The Wonderworker -

Sir,

While conducting studious research at the renowned learning institution of Candlekeep I found references to your personage across multiple scholarly works dating back several editions. I attach a copy of the most recent article I located but I am confident its description matches that found on even older publications.

It would seem tradition dictates I must first assure you I have strived toward exemplary behavior this past year and, while I may have given in to pranking my siblings on occasion and have indeed shirked my menial duties in favor of more scholarly pursuits, I entreat you to judge me favorably based on the whole of my actions as these have, I believe, yielded a positive net result toward goodness. It must then follow that I have been rendered immune to any coal dispensing for the time being.

This new section should now, as my research indicates, provide a list for material compensation in exchange for the aforementioned "good behavior". I submit said list for your approval; where applicable I have used technical jargon to facilitate understanding.

• A magical (and preferably long) sword which can be wielded with finesse. Growing up I have always been partial to Flametongues and particularly Sunblades. I cannot overstate the significance of the Moonblade to my people and culture and would be delighted to be judged worthy or such an item. Researching old editions has also indicated the existence of the Artblade - alas a lost artefact which I hope one day be recovered.
    • Historically, bladesingers have been clad in light magical elven chainmail. While it seems that modern versions do not allow for a bladesinger to truly display their art perhaps you can manufacture one according to an older formula.
    • I would certainly not deny that magical elven chainmail may be eschewed in favor of the traditionally arcane white Robe of the Archmagi.
    • Some nice jewelry may be desirable, such as rings of free action or of spell turning or perhaps an amulet of health.
    • My cloak is getting a tad threadbare and a nice new cape of the mountebank, cloak of displacement or perhaps of arachnida would replace it nicely.
    • On the subject of footwear, a pair of slippers of spider climbing might do well to keep my feet warm.
    • Some reading material would also be great. I've read rave reviews of the Manuals of Bodily Health and Quickness of Action though, truth be told, I would really like a copy of the Tome of Clear Thought.
    • Perhaps an original first printing of the Tome of the Stilled Tongue?
    • Ioun stones!
    • Spell gems!
    • I would also like to meet more friendly students of the arcane arts who are willing to share spellbooks with me since learning spells from spell scrolls has become insane.

I hope this list has met all tradition requirements and that this missive finds you in good health. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss the circumstances that led a group of elves to assist you in your endeavors in what seems to read as indentured servitude spanning several centuries but I digress - and leave you now to your works.

Yours faithfully,
    Melian Galanodel

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(3d6)[16]

(1d20+5)[15](2d6+3)[13](1d6)[1]

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #205

BlueKnightGuy

Dex Save for half: (1d20+1)[17]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Dex save (1d20+1)[15]

Amnestic, what about the will save for the Ankheg? Is it frightened?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Boreathar's Grimoire
    Show

This thick grimoire is heavy in your hands - perhaps two hundred pages or so at a guess. Its cover is a mismatch of leathers from creatures you could only guess the origin of - most likely a variety of elemental planes. The script - bearing both Primordial and Draconic runes - prioritises that of Primordial first, Draconic second. As Firebead said, this is a copy. Most likely written by one who wished to bring the information to a wider audience by including a draconic translation given that primordial is a less prolific language among spellcasters.

The title of the tome translates roughly to Boreathar's Accounts of Elemental Binding. Just flicking into the first page or two shows a mirror of each page - the left is Primordial, the right is Draconic. Each one bears identical illustrations of spell circle designs. The tone is conversational, almost autobiographical, as opposed to directly instructional. The introductory pages are all extremely simple - talking about binding elemental forces as opposed to creatures, to mimic or copy the more traditional wizard spells such as firebolt but it ramps up quickly. You many need to spend an evening or two perusing it and making some arcana checks to suss out the full details for Vyvian's ritual.

Also history checks if you want to know more about Boreathar.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melian's gonna be all over that thing. Including Detect Magic and Comprehend Languages rituals to figure it all out.

I'm gonna roll Arcana and History with Advantage anticipating someone will use the Help action. If not, disregard the second roll.

Arcana: (1d20+5)[15] | (1d20+5)[10]
    History: (1d20+5)[7] | (1d20+5)[16]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Senna is here for helping.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Initiative

Enemies: (1d20+2)[13]
    Sam: (1d20+6)[18]