New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Wildshape Question + Extraordinary Abilities from feats.

A character with the Troll Blooded feat, with fatigue due to being in sunlight, wildshapes into another form. Does he keep his Regeneration? If not is he still fatigued?

Going by the rules compendium under Alternate Form (which wild shape is based on) "The Creature retains the special qualities of its natural form." I am assuming it would keep the regeneration and the fatigue.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Wildshape Question + Extraordinary Abilities from feats.

Seems like a pretty straightforward yes cause you still have the feat. Feats are retained when using alternate form, so your new form still just has the feat.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wildshape Question + Extraordinary Abilities from feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogibear41 View Post
    A character with the Troll Blooded feat, with fatigue due to being in sunlight, wildshapes into another form. Does he keep his Regeneration? If not is he still fatigued?

Going by the rules compendium under Alternate Form (which wild shape is based on) "The Creature retains the special qualities of its natural form." I am assuming it would keep the regeneration and the fatigue.
    While that logic seems iffy to me, on account of Troll Blooded not being explicit on whether it's regeneration is a special quality or not, you do keep the feat, so it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by MM Errata
    Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.