Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Results 601 to 616 of 616
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    He's taken by surprise at Grepha speaking up, spinning and changing position so he can keep everyone in his eyeline. "What's the- a bird?...no, nothing so simple. More magic then." He mutters, his eyes draw across from Grepha to Melian and Sam. "Ah. Ah-hah." He seems to gain a moment of recognition or understanding of something. Then, quite out of nowhere, he laughs - where before it was bitter, this laugh seems to come from the belly. Earnest. It's hard to tell if it's cutting the tension or just making it thicker. When he stops, he simply says,

    "Alright, lets go see the Guards and have a chat."
    Elen Verin avatar by Squark.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Red Hand of Doom IC | OOC
    Playing:
    Tales of Neutral Ground IC | OOC

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 16 HP: 21/21
    PP: 15 PIv: 14 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Warding Bond on Vyvian
    Concentration: -

    By Helm's shiniest helmet, Grepha? Senna is flabbergasted. She expected anyone to save the situation, even Firebead or Elminster, but certainly not Grepha. Sure, let's go...

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 25/25
    PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 15
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    Caelee swallows. I have a bad feeling about this... She murmurs to no one in particular.
    The Bear is Back.

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

    The sudden change of tune in the dwarf catches Sam off guard. Is this really just a misunderstanding? No, that scene in the alley was brutal. This dwarf has to be up to no good. "Alright. Let's go."

    Grepha flaps over to Vyvian's shoulder. She lands on the side where Vyvian keeps her coin pouch and squeezes with the corresponding talon. Not enough to draw blood, just to draw attention. The bird herself doesn't so much as look in Vyvian's direction, watching the door with disinterest until they make their way out. The dwarf may have figured out who took his coin pouch.

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    AC: 14 HP: 24/24
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13
    Conditions: Warding Bond (+1 AC & resistance, 1 hour)

    Vyvian looks actively relieved when both sides stop threatening each other for no good reason.

    When Grepha gets her attention, it only takes Vyvian a few moment to get what she's after and slip the bird the empty coin pouch.

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

    Grepha's talon holds onto the bag behind Vyvian's shoulder, delivered under guise of scratching an itch. Now to dispose of the evidence without old Kagain noticing. Samuel, if you'd please, see Kagain out.

    Hearing Grepha's voice in his head for the first time in awhile, Sam makes a motion towards the door and leads the way out. "Alright. You should probably lock up the place. No telling how long this is going to take."

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Sam attempts to get Kagain's attention to give Grepha advantage on Stealth to hide being passed the pouch.

    Grepha Stealth:
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[23]


  7. - Top - End - #607
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 20/20
    PP: 13 PIv: 15 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    "Very well, let us all talk to the guard then," Melian says sounding tired.

    She turns and starts to leave, unflattering images of being run out of town swimming in her head.

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Kagain moves with the sort of lazy purpose that says he's not worried or concerned. If anything, he seems in good spirits, closing up the shutters and ensuring they're locked with a small smile visible beneath his beard. For a moment he lingers at the armour but whatever he was thinking, he seems to decide to follow you unarmed and unarmoured, before gesturing for you to leave so he can follow you out and lock up, which he does so, slipping a thick key into a pocket on his coat.

    "Now then, my good deputies, if you would all escort me to the guardpost, we can hopefully put this all to bed. The magic bird too, of course. Can't forget your eyewitness." It is impossible to miss that he is enjoying this. He holds out his hands to indicate 'After you', so he can follow along.
    Elen Verin avatar by Squark.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Red Hand of Doom IC | OOC
    Playing:
    Tales of Neutral Ground IC | OOC

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

    "It might be my first day as deputy, but I hardly think it's proper for the suspect to walk behind with no way to ensure they don't slip away," Sam comments. He mimes Kagain's gesture, inviting him to take the front. Or at least the middle.

    The 'magic bird' remains perched on Vyvian's shoulder, waiting for her moment.

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Kagain stops in thought for a moment. "As you can see, I am unarmed and unarmoured, and you want me to turn my back to you? After you already tried to enchant me? I am many things Whelp, but a fool isn't one of them. I don't relish a dagger in the back."

    "But, for the sake of getting this over with..." He points at Senna, "Bad Liar can stay behind me. Chances are she'd bungle any sneak attack she tried. The rest of you stay in front."
    Elen Verin avatar by Squark.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Red Hand of Doom IC | OOC
    Playing:
    Tales of Neutral Ground IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

    I need him looking away, the voice in Sam's head urges. The half-dragon sighs and scratches his head. "Well, the two guards who deputized us never told us where the guardhouse is. So if you're really so scared of us attacking in the town streets in broad daylight. I guess we can wander around a bit."

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 16 HP: 21/21
    PP: 15 PIv: 14 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Warding Bond on Vyvian
    Concentration: -

    I take that insult as a compliment. Senna replies insulted. My dear Kagain, you need not fear our weapons or magic, else we would have dealt with you already. Heard of the bard that attacked us yesterday? She exploded into icy and magmatic pieces. Senna adds grimly.

    Who was this guy anyway, Kagain?

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 25/25
    PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 15
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    Caelyn was feeling worse and worse about this situation. This dwarf didn't act like a man about to be arrested for murder. He acted like a gambler with cards stowed in his sleeve. She took her position in the procession, her white birch arrow in one hand, the other fiddling with her onyx and gold ring nervously. She looked over her shoulder and tried to read their "prisoner", searching his features for any tell as to what he had planned.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Insight check- (1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2020-06-05 at 04:45 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    AC: 14 HP: 24/24
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13
    Conditions: Warding Bond (+1 AC & resistance, 1 hour)

    Vyvian shrugs and moves ahead, though she turns around to watch in horror as Senna fails to get the message and continues to embarrass herself by attempting to intimidate this man even though it's already been proven more than enough that she'd botched it.

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

    "You attacked me in my home unprovoked. Concern over a backstabbing by six armed, magical wielding people is smart, not fear." When he hears that you don't even know where the guardpost is, he lets out an exaggerated sigh. "Did you have any plan at all when you marched in on me? Seems not. I have things to do today, so we'll go down this street, head left at the first corner and then keep on to the end." As before, he gestures forward so you can begin moving.

    As you start off, he turns his head slightly to Senna, while still keeping one eye on the group at large. "I told you before you need to be more specific. That image you showed me - he didn't have a head. Hard to recognise anyone like that. Do you even trust the bird to tell you the truth? You sure you're not being played? What if I didn't do what you're accusing me of, and you've been misled?" He's not panicking. If anything the tone reminds you of the tutors back at Candlekeep when they were trying to have you realise a mistake you'd made.

    Aintas, who has been quiet for most of this mini-adventure, looks back at Kagain and purses his lips in a deeply thoughtful expression. He doesn't believe the dwarf, but he is concerned about the last few days and what it means to him and you. "Shed your weakness." The voice had said. Kagain was many things, but he didn't seem weak. Just the opposite. Is that what it would take for him too? Solitude and ruthlessness? He doesn't have an answer, and turns back to the road, frustrated with himself.

    Spoiler: Caelyn Insight
    Show

    If you were trying to examine his body language, it's relaxed. Almost too relaxed, considering the accusation. There's no indication his hands are straying towards anything or aiming for a sudden strike on you. If he does have something planned, the plan is unlikely to be executed here in the street, there's not enough tension in his movements. His casual smile doesn't reach his eyes though, which are still watching you keenly.
    Elen Verin avatar by Squark.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Red Hand of Doom IC | OOC
    Playing:
    Tales of Neutral Ground IC | OOC

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

    Sam shrugs and begins walking down the street, following Kagain's instructions. Frustrated by the dwarf's wily wariness, Grepha makes an exaggerated sigh of boredom. "You all walk too slow." In a flutter of wings, she turns invisible and takes to the air, no longer caring if Kagain has suspicions.

    Spoiler: Grepha
    Show
    Grepha returns to the scene of the crime, seeking to plant the pouch she stole from Kagain up against the body if the lazy guards have not moved it, or in a place it may have been blown by the wind otherwise.

    With the evidence planted, she will fly ahead to the guardhouse to meet with the others and wait on the roof above the door.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •