New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 16 HP: 21/21
    PP: 15 PIv: 14 PIs: 12
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Aside to Melian, after the fact they asked Firebead about familiars:
    I'm not sure Vyv is serious about this. Not to say she is not capable, or that she would not benefit from such teachings. But if she is not with her heart with this, all teaching is for naught. I know arcane spells can come from blood and from the mind alike, while my spells are formed by will and the grace of Deneir. But I am unsure if we have the money, and more precisely the time to dabble in such things now. We are wanted fugitives. If she is serious, I will do everything in my power to help her with that.

Senna takes out the scribbled glyphs. I recognize most of these. Give me a bit of time to write them down cleanly, and we can maybe unlock the first seal of father's abjurations. We don't want to fail because of shoddy craftsmanship now would we?

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas still has a silly smile on his face and the news of saving a damsel in distress is fine by him. Even if the aforementioned damsel seems to have a permanently sour expression.

"Don't trouble your mind, your madame-ship. If anyone comes to hurt you they will be sorry."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Wizard

"A familiar for someone with no magical talents?" He ponders for a moment, seemingly impressed at Melian's ingenuity. "No, the bonding process requires the arcane spark of the caster to establish the connection - even if you substituted your power...hmm...Loristar's though..." He moves across to one of the many bookshelves and teases a few spines before tugging a tome out. "That would work, yes. It wouldn't be too difficult either...perhaps..." He mumbles to himself as he leafs through the book roughly, as if to confirm the details he already knows are correct. Finally he turns back to the pair. "I trust you've not forgotten how to read Draconic? Been keeping up with your runes?" He holds out a thick tome, bound in what looks to be a mismatch of different, fantastically covered leathers stitched together. The cover has two sets of written script - one is Draconic, as he'd said. The other is..."It's Primordial." Firebead answers your unspoken question.

"Specifically the aquan dialect - this is a copy of Boreathar's Grimoire. I could bore you with the history but in short you'll find some rituals about binding elementals to items such as jewellery or armour. You'll find the full rituals in draconic as well as a copied version in primordial for each page. It won't be exactly the same as a natural familiar but it should suffice for the task you described. Now, I really must ask you to go - if you've got more questions you can find me in the morning."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll write up more details on this in a bit! Probably in the OOC thread.

Wandering

"Good. It's nice that someone around here understands proper manners when addressing a thespian extraordinaire like myself." She acknowledges Aintas' attempt at politeness.

With the bargain struck, there's little to do but wait for the supposed thugs to arrive. Garrick is clearly tense with the waiting, and attempts to make small talk with Silke (utterly unsuccessful, she essentially shuts him down at every opportunity) and the group. He seems earnestly interested in your eclectic band of travelers and is eager to probe for any stories you might be willing to share.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    AC: 14 HP: 24/24
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13
    Conditions: --

Vyvian engages Silke in small talk. Trying to avoid any details about who they are or the more dangerous subjects. She flat out lies about where they're from, choosing the name of some small town that would have been equally close to the Friendly Arms Inn. She asks about what kind of entertainment Silke engages in. And there's also some casual flirting, just to test the waters/disarm Silke a bit.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 20/20
    PP: 13 PIv: 15 PIs: 11
    Concentrating: --

Melian positively beams when the old wizard shows appreciation for her thoughts, a stark contrast to his earlier admonition. "I am still quite fluent in Draconic and I have the usual ways to interpret the Primordial," she says taking the tome carefully into her own hands.

"Thank you for your time and ideas, Master Firebead. You are right that we have taken up much of your evening, enlightening as the discussion has proven to be. I bid you a very fair evening." And with that, Melian excuses herself, carefully placing the tome inside a protective sack and then inside her pack before leaving the wizard's house.

As Senna and Melian walk, she considers her sister's words. "I think Vyvian disguises her intent with playfulness and not just a little bit of sarcasm most of the time, but it's still there to see. I may be wrong and maybe she's not actually interested in this but, in the off-chance she actually is, I'll gladly take the chance to make her happy." After a moment she clasps an arm around Senna and smiles. "And as you of all people would appreciate, the worst outcome is that we now have access to a new treatise on arcane theory! And I bet Deneir herself would appreciate a script as neat as this scribe's draconian!"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Wandering

It's maybe ten minutes of waiting before you - and Silke - spot three men walking down the centre of the road through the gloom of the recently fallen night. One, the 'leader' perhaps, is carrying a small lantern in one hand. They move with the casual purpose of one with an engagement that they're eager enough to meet, but don't wish to look overexcited. Silke loudly whispers to the group, "Here they are now: Feldepost's thugs. Strike when I tell you to." She finishes just as the group gets close, though stops about 15 feet away. Now closer, you can see that they're dressed in roughspun tunics over what you think to be leathers and each has a weapon at their belt - either a dagger or a club. Scarred, tanned hands give the impression of one used to physical labour, a complete departure from that of Silke's soft and delicate skin. The man in front has a determined look on his face, and speaks with a deep and clear voice.
    "Greetings, Silke. We're here as you asked, and we have the..." "Don't try to threaten me!" He's cut off by Silke who dramatically calls you to action. "I won't be easy prey for you to beat on, I've brought friends!" The approaching group all look distinctly confused. The two in the back whisper something to each other as they finally take notice of your group.
    "What are you talking about? We're here with the items tha-" "Shut up! There'll be no weaseling out of this one! Strike now! Kill them all!" She's yelling now, her face beginning to flush with anger, the rose colour filling out her beautiful features and adding a touch of normalcy that some how only makes her all the prettier. Garrick seems dumbstruck by what's happening and says nothing.

Melian and Senna, who had been otherwise taking a leisurely walk around town, finally look up from the book at the sound of Silke's shouting - they're behind the 'thugs', but in the light of the inn's entrance can easily spot their siblings - they do tend to stand out.

Spoiler
    Show
    What you gonna do?
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

If you submerge Vyv in the cold waters of a natural river, you could get a good link to the plane of water AND we can get a fun story to tell everyone. Senna says. She looks up to Melian to gauge her reaction. Senna's jokes have always been hit or miss, but her sister just stared forwards. She heard the familiar words 'Kill them all!' uttered. Words Senna said too but is ashamed of now. Ahead, she sees her siblings being commanded to kill.

Hey now, just wait a hot minute. Senna shouts. What did you do, Grepha?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9|14 PIv: 14|10 PIs: 10|13
    Conditions: -- | --

Looking over the 'thugs,' who seem casually unaware of the fact that they were ordered to kill Silke, Sam looks back at her in disbelief. "I think you're very confused." Senna and Melian arrive, and he waves to them over his shoulder, not taking his other eye off of Silke - a benefit of having them on the sides of his head was a wider vision range.

"Everyone just calm down..."

Grepha descends from the sky, her black raven form perching on the eave of the inn everyone is gathered alongside. "Of course, first thing you do is blame me." She comments at Senna's shouts. Grepha looks down her beak at Silke, carrying an air of disapproval. "It is clear that you intended to use us as a tool to renege on your bargain with these men. And if you intend to do away with them without paying for their services, I have my doubts you ever intended to pay us."

"Is that true?" Sam watches Silke, hands seemingly away from his weapons. Though his real weapons are already at the ready.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas frowns and his face becomes very serious.

"Now just a moment, lady. We are not killers or guard dogs to attack at your command. Shut your mouth for a second and we will sort this out.

And if it comes out that you were trying to trick us, you will pay us, whatever happens. I am much scarier than these people."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 14 HP: 25/25
    PP: 15 PIv: 10 PIs: 15
    Concentrating on:

Caelyn has her bow out, but after hearing the exchange between their employer and their "foes", she puts her palm to her face and groans. Sam, what have you gotten us into? She whispers quietly, keeping her accusing thoughts to herself. They wouldn't help the situation at all if she spoke them louder. She kept herself ready, eyes flitting back and forth between Silke and the men who stumbled into this ambush unaware that they were being betrayed.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

"Enough! Our deal is off! In any case, you're probably too cowardly to be any good in a fight. I'll deal with them myself, after I deal with you!" Any melody that had been in her voice previously has been replaced by sheer shrill rage. She thrusts a hand into her belt pouch and retrieves four small marbles. It's hard to get a good look at them before she launches all four directly into the floor at her feet. An explosion of different coloured swirls erupts around her. You're assaulted simultaneously by scorching heat and frostbitten chills. As the air clears, you see four creatures surrounding her chattering wildly, flapping this way and that on wings that hardly seem able to lift their forms - mephits, judging by their similarity to the one Tarnesh commanded. One drips with molten magma that sizzles and burns the cobblestones as it drops to the floor, another sheds ice crystals with each beat of its frozen wings, another seems to be made almost entirely of sand, its form shifting as it flitters too and fro, while the last one seems to be the most familiar cloaked in steam.

Silke draws no weapons herself, but magic hums around her fingertips as she takes a ready stance. Garrick, to his credit, quietly slinks back, not wanting to get involved, and likewise the 'thugs' seem to back off. This all seems to be a bit much for their tastes.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Initiative order:
    Aintas - 21
    Sam - 18
    Vyvian - 15
    Caelyn - 14
    Silke+'Friends' - 13
    Senna - 7
    Melian - 6

So everyone but Senna/Melian takes a turn please.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 14 HP: 25/25
    Concentrating on: Entangle

Enough of this nonsense... Caelyn mutters as she backs up thirty five feet. Raising her newly carved arrow made of white birch, she points it at Silke and her crowd of mephits and utters a simple command in Druidic. Plants whip up from between the cobble stones and try to snare them all in place.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting entangle so as to hit all of the mephits and Silke but no party members or other people. Might make some difficult terrain for our melee fighters, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. DC is 13 to avoid being restrained. Silke first then any order on the Mephits- (1d20)[9], (1d20)[7], (1d20)[7], (1d20)[3], (1d20)[9].
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue

Vyvian gives Sam an "I told you so" look as she sighs and almost casually take a few steps closer to Silke and tries to insert her blades into her.

Spoiler
    Show

Move one square northeast

Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[23]
    damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    if crit: (1d6)[1]

Off-Hand: (1d20+5)[11]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[16]
    damage: (1d6)[1]
    if crit: (1d6)[2]

Sneak Attack: (2d6)[10]
    if crit: (2d6)[7]

Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-05-18 at 01:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10

Everything erupts into violence before Sam can even try to iron things out. Not that it sounds like Silke is in any mood to parlay.

Grepha flaps down above the mephit dripping bits of magma, cawing. "Get lost, you impotent beast! Imagine being captured by a foul witch with a nose bigger than yours'!"

Hands igniting in flame, Sam steps forwards and faces the crowd of magical beasts- aside from the one obviously already on fire. He reaches wide and claps his hands together in front of him, calling out in a sinister tongue that seems to cause the streetlamps nearby and the lantern carried by the 'thugs' to flicker and glow redder.

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    "Ignite!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sam
    Move 1 East.
    Cast Burning Hands to the Southeast. Risks against all targets except the magma mephit.
    Damage: (4d6)[13]
    Dex Saves without modifiers, for half:
    Steam Mephit: (1d20)[10]
    Silke: (1d20)[1]
    Dust Mephit: (1d20)[11]
    Ice Mephit: (1d20)[1]

Grepha
    Move 1 West, 1 Down, flapping in place under the overhang of the roof.
    Uses Help action to assist whoever attacks Magma Mephit, and tries to annoy it to draw its attention.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas had a feeling that things would come to that

Why do people keep attacking us with no reason?

Almost shaking his head, Aintas steps into range and takes on the newly arrived creatures. Vyv is at the crazy lady's back so there will be no need for help there.

Staying just in reach, Aintas pivots his hip to strike the first such creature

Show
    Atk1 (1d20+5)[24] and damage (1d10+3)[7]
    Using Menacing attack if it hits to add (1d8)[4]
    BA Atk1 (1d20+5)[6] and damage (1d4+3)[7]

Reaction if someone moves (1d20+5)[11] and damage (1d10+3)[5]

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Aintas lashes out with his glaive, cleaving off one of the ice mephit's wings. Its scream of anger and pain is cut short by Sam's burst of flame that sweeps across the assembled foes. The heat from the burning hands is swiftly diminished though, as the ice mephit explodes sending ice crystals flying directly into its allies. Silke avoids the worst of it, but the other mephits are clearly injured.
    As Vyvian strikes at Silke, she feels a wave of...admiration? deference? Something about Silke is trying to throw her off the attack, but she pushes through and manages to connect with both her hits. The actress retaliates by unleashing thin black tendrils of magic that curl and swoop to wrap around Vyvian's eyes, but again it falls short and is ineffective at whatever its intended goal was.

Rather than trying to break free of their restraints, the remaining elemental imps strike out at the party. The Steam Mephit unleashes a caustic stream of hot air at Caelyn, hoping to disrupt her spell. She manages to avoid the majority of it, but is still caught in the aftermath. Magma is suitably distracted from Vyvian by Grepha's flapping, and manages to lash out with its claws despite its restraints, catching the flapping imp-bird across the belly. Finally, Dust tosses a glimmering ball of magic in between Sam, Caelyn and Aintas. It bursts and all three feel a wave of drowsiness wash over them. Eyelids get heavy, heads droop a little, but none actually fall asleep and the effect seems to pass in just a moment.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

I think I stole Purepolarpanzer's dice for this round. Saves abound on the party. No sleeps, no blinds.

Caelyn takes 2 fire damage. Grepha takes 4 (magical) slashing damage), and ignores the 2 fire damage.

Everyone gets a turn!

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

COWER! Senna shouts at Silke, her voice magically enhanced as she moves closer, with her weapon drawn, but not her shield. She then moves in front of the armed thugs. Run away now. she adds without the magical aid in her voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Command on Silke: Grovel! sounds kind of too dominant for Senna, but cower means the same for me. Either way, Wis save (1d20)[8] vs DC 13 or fall prone and end her turn.
    Draw shield and dagger as part of my move action.

Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-19 at 05:29 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

In his natural element,Aintas registers the first strange creature exploding and focuses on the others. A big sweep and a thrust, leads to a bash with the ferrule.

Show
    Atk1 (1d20+5)[19] dmg (1d10+3)[6]
    BA Atk1 (1d20+5)[25] dmg (1d4+3)[4]

If the first does hit, add (1d8)[8] to damage and force will save.

Reaction if an enemy provokes (1d20+5)[25] dmg (1d10+3)[8]

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 14 HP: 23/25
    Concentrating on:

Caelee shouts, more in surprise than pain, and suddenly the entangle spell ceases to hold the enemies in place. Infuriated, small flames begin to lick at her hands and drip from her eyes as she knocks her new wand/arrow and aimat one target. She lets loose a tirade of druidic...

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    Burn! Burn! Burn!

And a trio of flaming arrows shoots from her bow, zooming towards Silke at top speed.

Show
    Casting searing ray, all three bolts targeted at Silke. To hit rolls will be in the OOC because I screwed them up here. Damage for each (2d6)[3], (2d6)[10], (2d6)[9], and (2d6)[4] in case any of them crit.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2020-05-19 at 12:22 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue

Vyvian was about to give Silke an eyebrow raise and question what nonsense she'd tried on her, but then Senna did a thing to her that made eye contact and conversation a bit more difficult than it already was. So she just settled for trying to put more holes in this crazy woman.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[6]
    damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    if crit: (1d6)[2]

Off-Hand: (1d20+5)[7]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[24]
    damage: (1d6)[4]
    if crit: (1d6)[1]

Sneak Attack: (2d6)[10]
    if crit: (2d6)[10]

21. - Top - End - #471

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 6/10

Grepha squawks when the mephit's magical claws rake across her torso. She instinctively shifts back to imp form, landing on the doorstep of the inn. Shielding herself with her wing like a matador cloak, she watches the mephit for another incoming strike. "Aww, look at you. Your fire's useless, against a superior being."

The icy monster explodes in a burst of magic, and Sam gets an idea to do the same to another.

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    "Spark."

He flicks his finger into a crook, directed at the ground beneath the surprisingly flammable sand monster.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sam
    Create Bonfire on Dust Mephit's square.
    Save: (1d20)[2] to evade (DC 13 Dex)
    Damage: (1d8)[8] fire

Grepha
    Taking the Defend action, while taunting the magma mephit.

Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-05-19 at 09:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger

Melian chuckles at the notion of submerging Vyvian. "Right, I'm sure you're only suggesting submerging Vyvian to purely strengthen the connection to the elemental plane of water. For academic purposes."

Shaking her head, she stops dead on her tracks as violence erupts around her siblings yet again. Narrowing her eyes, she sighs heavily and holds her ground, drawing her shortsword.

"Can't leave you alone for fifteen minutes, huh?" she says weaving magical energy to coat the ground around their enemies in slippery grease.

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Move: draw shortsword.
    Action: Cast Grease, 10' square enveloping Silke, hotboi and sandboi. Save DC 13.
    - Silke DEX Save vs Prone: (1d20)[10]
    - Hotboi DEX Save vs Prone: (1d20)[2]
    - Sandboi DEX Save vs Prone: (1d20)[12]
    - Should they end their turn in the grease effect (*cough* Aintas has reach and Sentinel *cough*) DEX Save again vs Prone.
    Last edited by cigaw; 2020-05-19 at 11:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Aintas' glaive splits the steam mephit in two with a single stroke. Like its icy brother, it immediately erupts and explodes, a cloud of hot steam engulfing those nearby. Sam, Vyvian and Aintas all manage to turn and angle themselves away, such that any real damage is deflected however, and they come out of it unharmed.

Silke, now kneeling on the ground from Senna's spell and covered in a thick layer of grease from Melian, is not so lucky. This is only compounded when the dust mephit explodes from Sam's flames, covering her in a layer of blinding dust and sand. Silke writhes on the ground, clawing at her eyes and screaming. The three 'thugs' have backed up further. They didn't ask for any of...this, and are more than a little intimidated at the flurry of spells being cast. Silke's screams are ended by Caelyn's rays of flame setting the grease alight, and Vyvian driving her blade through the bard's neck, putting her out of her misery. With Silke's death, the remaining mephit explodes too. Even distracted by Silke's death, Vyvian is still able to avoid the worst of it, though she does receive some light burns.

"What the f..." The trio is still there, albeit a bit further back than they were before. They tentatively approach. "Gods I never expected something like this. She just hired us to get source some items. They're yours if you want them, since you know, you kinda saved our lives and all."

Garrick looks...kind of empty, as he stares at the body of his former employer. He's processing it, you can tell. Finally he lets out a long sigh. "Ah, that's a shame. A real loss for the stage. Still, I never knew she was so unstable." He muses. Whatever feelings he had for her, he seems to have gotten past them rather quickly. "I think I should probably go tell the local guard about this, wouldn't want you to get in trouble after...well, you were put in trouble."

Spoiler
    Show

Combat done. Vyvian takes 3 fire damage from the magma mephit exploding. Everyone rolled high enough to save on the steam mephit and he rolled a 1 on damage, which rounds down to...zero.

I'm going to presume that someone's going to loot Silke and also that you're accepting the items from the 'thugs'. For now it's 'RP time' (although all time is RP time really), Garrick and the 'thugs' are still here for now if you want to chat with them and you're literally right next to an inn, assuming this is the one you want to stay in tonight. There's also Feldepost's a few streets away.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show

From Silke:-
    A marble, similar to the one she threw before.
    A ring that clearly feels magical. Its made up of a single band of what looks to be obsidian set inside a larger band of ornately patterned gold.
    320gp

From the 'thugs':-
    A set of seven bells, held inside a leather carrying case. Magical.
    A ring that clearly feels magical. A simple silver band set with an ivory carving of a ramshead.

I'll be going over the magical items at the next long rest, along with Boreathar's tome.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas watches the grim end of the deranged lady with a sad frown. This went by him quick. He turns to the men offering items.

"I am sorry about this. But just for the sake of my peace of mind, would you mind explaining where did you get those items and what are they supposed to be?"

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

"They aren't stolen, if that's your stress." The leader responds. If he took any offense at your question he doesn't show it. "Silke hired us to source some items for her - aboveboard. Didn't say what they were for, and honestly we didn't ask. Doubt she'd have told us even if we had. She paid us a decent chunk up front for the job, though it all got spent on getting the damn things in the first place. Guess she thought she'd have us rubbed out rather than pay the rest of our fee." He looks at the items he's handed off to you, a slight pall of regret at the money spent ekes into the edges of his eyes. He looks tired. "Still, small price to pay for our lives." His companions murmur approval behind him.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    AC: 14 HP: 21/24

As Silke died, Vyvian was about to say something, but whatever the thought was gets cut off as she gets some magma on her. "Hot hot hot!" she says trying to smack it away with her blades and instinctively tries to get away from it. Which just leads to her wandering into the grease... and falling over. Where she proceeds to do the rolling part of stop, drop, and roll.

27. - Top - End - #477

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    AC: 12 HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 HP: 6/10

"Holy ****-" Sam covers his face and docks down as the steam creature explodes. He looks on in shock as Silke goes up in flames, her screams filling him with dread and horror. Vyvian quickly moves in and ends her with a blade, leaving Sam staring at her charred remains. He turns away and vomits in the street against the wall of the inn. The hobgoblins Caelyn burned... he never really looked at them, or smelled them like this so close.

The magma mephit's explosion leaves Grepha's face and wing splattered with sticky bits of flame. She looks at them impassively and simply shifts back to raven form, flying over to perch above Sam. She gives him distance to avoid getting sprayed with any bile. "You'll get used to it," is all the comfort she offers, before she goes to scanning the streets for signs of the guards coming running. It's not as if their exchange was quiet. Who knows, maybe these backwater militiamen are just incompetent.

To get away from the scene, Sam staggers around the side of the inn and sits against the wall. Anything the hirelings have to say is drowned out by pounding in his head.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Calmly and rather nonplussed, Senna asks: Why did you need to stab and incinerate the person we clearly had under control? Caelyn? Vyvian? Senna just stands there, sheating her weapon and shield, her face a mixture of distancing and shame. She was attacking us, but was it really necessary to murder her? Think about it. With only these words, she wanders off to find a place to read. Alone.

Finding a small hill near town, she sat down, and placed the treatise about summoning before her as well as her ritual book. She summoned Glyph to have some company, then she started working.

Spoiler
    Show
    Senna and me aimed to subdue the person. I am entirely okay with surviving this encounter. But the character is disappointed in you. Please don't take this RP any wrong way.

Work to distract, casting comprehend languages from the ritual book, then : Know Arcana (1d20+4)[24]

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    AC: 14 HP: 21/24

Still on the ground hurt and unable to get up from the grease without help, she just grumbles, "Hypocritical self-important [unintelligible grumble that might not actually be any specific word at all]. Can't take the time to heal or even help me up but you can lecture us for defending ourselves? If you wanted us to think to not kill her while defending ourselves after she attacked us for no reason you should have said something while the fight was happening. Not claim an unearned moral high ground after the fact." Still clutching her arm where the burn was (not really even a bad one, just painful) she just glares after Senna as she wanders off by herself, not even waiting for the guards to come to make sure her own name is cleared in the aftermath in her haste to chastise others and walk away so she can pretend because she didn't hear their rebutal that her words were validated by a lack of heard counterargument.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-05-20 at 05:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger

Eyes widening in horror as Silke is set ablaze, Melian watches in mute astonishment as the actress writhes in agony. Bile builds up in her mouth before she can swallow it down, grimacing. "What an absolutely horrid way to go," she says in a weak voice.

Seeing Vyvian struggling on the ground, Melian dismisses the grease spell and extends her hand down to her sister, helping her up. "That was some incredibly agile swordplay, Vyvian." Melian starts prestidigitating the grease stains away from Vyv's clothing. Trying to divert attention from the friction between sisters, Melian changes the subject. "Hey, I have some good news. I think there's a way to get you a familiar! Senna and I need to work out the specifics but it seems entirely possible!"

She then looks at Caelyn and in a not entirely inconspicuous fashion, points at Vyvian's wound. And at the others who are injured.