Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Iron Crisis (IC)

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    PP: 9 PIv: 14 PIs: 10
    Conditions: --

"Hey Mel," Sam's unblinking eyes stare at Gorion's broken from across the small clearing. Less broken now, after Melian had cleaned up the blood and gore and covered his wounds. "He looks peaceful now... thanks for that." Though his face is a lot different from his siblings, he's picked up plenty of facial expressions from them, making him a lot easier to read than he was when he was younger. His abnormally blank expression and dull tone speak of shock, now that the adrenaline of the attack is out of his system.

"I wonder who they were." Pondering over their attackers, he leans his head back against the uneven bark of the tree. "They didn't want him. They only wanted us-" More needling from the imp as she pokes him just under the eyes. "Buzz off!" Sam hisses under his breath, swatting at the air above his shoulder.

Grepha flaps her wings and lands on the tree above, out of reach of reprisal.

"She keeps bothering me... to ask if anything of his is magical," Sam tells Melian, quietly, hoping one else overhears. "Can't even get a moment's silence."
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-04-01 at 07:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Wizard
    AC: 13 HP: 8/8
    PP: 13 PIv: 15 PIs: 11

The elf listens closely to her half-dragon sibling, almost imperceptibly wincing at the mention of the imp - or whatever it was. Something else to deal with. Eventually.

Melian shivers as the adrenaline finally wears off and she stares at her hands for a drawn-out moment after Sam mentions Gorion's body. "You know, I only wish I could have done more than clean him. I was so..." She hesitates. Takes a deep breath and leaves the thought unfinished. Her sad gaze says it clearly enough - Wrong. Unprepared. Useless.

"You're right. Why would anyone be after us and not him? We're just a strange collections of orphans while he is - was - a powerful and connected wizard. It can't be some form of leverage, right? Otherwise, why kill him?"

"Anyway," she continues shaking her head clear. "It also occurred to me to check his belongings for any magical signs or signatures. I'll conduct a ritual after we've laid him to rest. Maybe your... companion can leave you be until then," she finishes with a half-hearted smirk.

She rests her head back against the same tree as Sam. "And I'll clean the rest of us up as well before we turn in."

Might as well use my magic for something.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I won't be milking Melian's self-pity party much longer. She'll be up and running as a responsible grown-up momentarily.

3. - Top - End - #63

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock

"Thanks," Sam smirks lightly, in gratitude, before returning to his tired expression. "What about our parents?" It's hard to say who they're all related to. Could some of them have important family these people want to ransom them to? Use as leverage?

"I can't think of anything else we all have in common."

4. - Top - End - #64

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Wizard

"Hmmm, maybe," Melian says in reply to Sam. "I can't think of anything else right now though, to be fair, I can't really think clearly at all right now."

She stands up, feeling stiff. "Come, let's check on Senna and Caelyn - I'm sure she can use some help with the digging."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas sits tiredly, waiting for the stream of sarcastic comments. He deserves it. Instead, the upbeat and happy-go-lucky Vyv erupts and starts crying.

Aintas takes her into his chest and holds her. It is a bit strange to hold someone who has two swords strapped in her back, but Vyv needs him. Aintas is not a clever man- he knows it for a fact- but he knows his siblings. Of all of them, Vyvian had the more difficult time before she came in. She wants old enough to remember it, too.

Still holding her, Aintas says

"You are not back there, sis. You are with your family. This is all new to all of us. Father always knew what was best and now... he is gone. Everyone tries to cope. Sam and Melian and Caelyn... they just try to do what he said.

You knows they care. They are all hurt, and feel alone and scared. Vyvian "
    - Aintas uses his full name, something he almost never does - " we are the oldest. They need us. I screwed up again and again.. I would have left Father's body there, trying to follow his orders. The others set me straight. I need them and they need us, Vyvian. I need you. All we have now, is each other.

Remember all the times we were talking about joining a group or enlisting in a mercenary company, see the world, make great things? It seems we got our wish. All these times that father said that adventures come with blood and sorrow, he was right about that too. I just never thought the blood would be his."

Aintas is also silently crying now. He sniffles once or twice, dries his tear and takes a mouthful of his waterskin. He offers it to Vyvian too.

"Let's get back. Find a spot and camp. We have two days journey ahead of us."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue
    PP: 13 PIv: 9 PIs: 13

Having been about to say something to Aintas, she wipes her tears away and looks around him at Senna who just rudely interrupted a private moment. "Sigh. Guess that's fair. I interrupted her prayer before. Shrug." she thinks.

She looks back to Aintas, peeling herself off of him, and gratefully takes a large swig from the sadly just water. She gives him a serious look and a nod. Then she walks over to Senna and puts her right palm over Senna's face and says in a far from serious tone, "Hey you. Don't you respect other people's privacy? Huh? C'mon you. Didn't anyone ever teach you manners? What's that? No I can't understand. Are you saying you value people's privacy now? Huh?" As she speaks she pushing her hand, not too hard, into Senna's face and driving her back and absolutely not moving her hand to let Senna speak until they're all the way back to the others, who should have a clear view of this display.

7. - Top - End - #67

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Wizard

Melian sees Senna and Vyvian and tiredness prevents her from picking up on Vyvian's more playful tone. "Please, everyone, just... Stop." There's no judgement in her voice, only exhaustion. "We're all tired. Let's lay father to rest.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn

I have something to say that needs saying before we bury father. Caelyn stands shakily from the grave she and Kess have dug. Her hands are raw from clutching the rock she used to dig, and her entire body feels like it has been trampled by animals, but she makes her way over to Vyvian and stands in front of her. Unlike most of their negative interactions, she isn't worked up and screaming, or sarcastic and venomous. Only bone tired and resolved. I was thinking about all of this while I was digging, and if I don't get it out now it will fester in my heart. She takes a deep breath before speaking without taking a breath of pausing.

You were right. Father would have been upset with us for having the wrong priorities back there. Honestly though, he probably would have had us flee and leave him there for the gibberlings, so we're all bad children in the best fashion possible for recovering him. But we all KNOW he would have been livid for you using a weapon instead of your words to correct us. We were scared, we were tired, and we'd all just lost the man dearest to all our hearts. We made a mistake by accident. But firing that bow shot past Senna and nearly into my hand was an intentional mistake. I know you're just as upset as the rest of us, so I think we can all forgive you that, but if father were alive he would have taken your bow and grounded you to your room for a month for that stunt. But father is gone, and we need to be better. Better than we could afford to be as his children in Candlekeep. That starts today. She turns her head to address everyone. For all of us.We need to be better. To ourselves, and more importantly to each other. She turns back to Vyvian, her face sorrowful and her body trembling. Before you sneer or make a crack, remember you're talking to the sister that has been shooting with you since father let us practice with wooden arrows. I've seen you miss, Vyv. And if you'd missed, Senna could have been hit. I could have an arrow through my hand. I'm not going to yell at you, threaten you, or harbor a grudge. We don't have time for that. But remember how father would have wanted us to act, and be better. If we don't all do that, he won't be the only loss we have. That being said, she moves over to the hole and looks down in it. It's not deep enough. Animals could still dig him up. She scoops up Kess and thanks him in his own language for his hard work. Can someone else take a turn? I think I'm going to pass out...
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue

Vyvian's small smile evaporates as Senna gets mad, Melian doesn't see her, and Caelyn ambushes her with a long speech. She's listening up until Caelyn starts lecturing about the shot, at which point her eyes clearly glaze over with lack of energy. When Caelyn finishes speaking, Vyvian takes a crowbar out of her belongings for lack of a better digging tool. She finishes walking over and with the end of the crowbar lightly pushes Caelyn out of the way. Then she proceeds to begin digging with it, though it becomes readily apparently she's physically and mentally exhausted and is basically just forcing herself to numbly carry out the motions as slow and sloppy as they become the longer she presses on.

Spoiler
    Show

Spore, don't freak out. I got permission.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas holds up his hand

"We are all tired. And drained. And hurting. Let us not take it out at each other. We only have each other right now.

I will dig the grave. I will also take first watch. It seems we cannot move anymore today, so let's camp here. No fires though.

Everyone eat something, dink some water. Sleep.

It would be best if we had watches of two. Anyone with good nightsight to stay first watch with me? I will wake up the next one in three hours.

Sleep."

11. - Top - End - #71

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Wizard

Walking up to Aintas, Melian lays a hand upon his broad shoulders. "No, Aintas," she says seriously in a matter-of-fact way. "We will all dig together. Then we will lay Gorion to rest together. As a family."

And then a bit more softly. "And then you will sleep. You cannot carry all of us alone, brother. I only need a little rest and my eyes are keen in the dark."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn

Caelee lets Vyvian go by her, moving across the clearing to place her bedroll down under a tree. Then she folded it up into a good spot to sit. Plopping down on it, she whispered good night to Kess and set him down on the ground. He may wander, but he never ran far. She waited for the others to finish digging, resisting the urge to trance until after they have laid Gorion to rest.
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Chapter 1

The dawn is especially cruel this morning. You awake with the realisation that this is not some terrible dream or fleeting nightmare. The weather does little to reflect the mood - blazing sunshine and clear skies. It is the height of the Sword Coast summer. An ever-present breeze is pleasant against the heat. Were it not for the nearby grave, this spot may have been lovely for a picnic. After breaking camp you set off in the rough direction of the Friendly Arm Inn, where Gorion had promised trustworthy friends - perhaps the last ones you have left outside of your group. Candlekeep is locked to you. Its draconian entry rules barring entry without Gorion's influence.

The weather is a boon for travel and you make good time. For all the concern about bandits and wild monsters you mercifully see none of them. There's a few grazing animals but they either ignore you or run at first sight. At maybe midday, just as you crest a small hill, you overhear voices and catch sight of two arguing figures ahead of you. One a halfling dressed in leathers with daggers at his belt, the other a tall human in a robe. The halfling's face is scarred, most likely from weapons and his face tan. He ha a mop of greasy hair pulled back into loose tie. The human's hair falls around his head in brushed waves of chocolate, but most notable is his facepaint or tattoos - lines of small circles on his forehead, elongated triangular 'tears' beneath his eyes and stretched lines of a smile to the sides of his mouth. You might think him a jester or a clown, were it not for his relatively ordinary clothing and the rest of his face being unpainted beyond the designs.

Both seem equipped for long travel, same as you. They stop as they catch sight of you. For a moment the halfling puts hands to his daggers but is waved away from them by his companion. "Hold, Montaron, these young wayfarers are in need! Someone has set about them and left them worse for wear." "Aye Xzar, they've got that smell." "Yes, yes, the smell. Still, my friends, my new friends, I can offer these healing potions if you wish?" He opens one of his bags to reveal a small cache of what look to be potions. "As goodwill, for fellow travelers harried by this most unfortunate world we live in." His smile is sickly sweet, but the halfling never quite relaxes his stance.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Senna is busy thinking all that morning. She never contributed to Gorion's last rest, short of a small prayer at the wrong place. She feels incredibly guilty and worse for wear, but being a junior glyphscribe, she never really contributed to the last rites of anyone. Yes, there were whole libraries dedicated to requiems, literature about the afterworlds and even getting people back. But she was not one to wield such powers, even though she feels she has unraveled a bit more of the divine metatext for her own being.

As her group meets these peculiar wanderers, something feels off, but Senna cannot quite put her finger on it. We thank you kindly for your offer, mister. But don't you think you need these more than we do for our wounds are not physical; and we are blessed by the gods and nature itself. Senna keeps her distance, even if just to be able to watch both wanderers at the same time. The halfling scares me. she whispers to the group.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas stays silent among the first greetings, but he keeps his weapon nearby and ready. There is something he doesn't like about these two

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show
    Insight (1d20+4)[18]

16. - Top - End - #76

Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Wizard

Morning comes and Melian finds her mood slightly improved. While rest helped, the realization that Gorion is gone is still too real and too raw.

She gets up, stretches and packs her belongings, pausing to look at her spellbook and her more private book. Both had unlocked something last night as she studied after her trance. Perhaps as a result of her desperation and real need for it, the basics of the Bladesinger tradition finally made sense. Gorion's spellbook, however, remains a mystery.

As they break camp she addresses the group. "I have examined father's possessions and, save for the wards on his spellbook, they are all mundane. The pin is worn by those who belong to an organization called 'The Harpers'; a semi-secret group of people to wish to do good, as I understand it. Seems like father's adventuring days weren't completely behind him," she says with a bittersweet smile.

While travelling, Melian keeps a sharp lookout. When they come by the two new travelers and she sees how tense her siblings are she pipes up trying to sound grown-up and wiser and defuse the situation. "Hail, travelers." She barely furrows her brow at her greeting. 'Hail', who talks like that? "We are looking for the Friendly Arm Inn, would you happen to know the direction to it?"

Show
    Here are some rolls:

Insight: (1d20+1)[10]
    Investigation?: (1d20+5)[8]
    Perception?: (1d20+3)[23]

Last edited by cigaw; 2020-04-03 at 10:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock
    AC: 14 HP: 16/16

During the burial of Gorion, Sam made a small grave maker out of sticks and stones, gathering the stones around the base of the branch to help it stand. He used a little of the flames from his belly to singe the top of the branch, then put it out. Giving the top a blackened texture like the top of a wick. Like a candle. He said no words allowed, but a prayer to Bahamut to guide Gorion to the just rest he has earned.

Sam's eyes felt fuzzy all that morning, and it was not tears. Actually, he wasn't sure if he was physically able to cry. Do dragons cry? Maybe it's just him. Beside him, on his shoulder, his reluctant companion kept rubbing her eyes as well. Thankfully whatever it was, it passed as they traveled.

When they come across the travelers on the road, Sam forces on a smile, trying not to look so morose. Despite Senna's objections, he smiles and approaches the two, offering a handshake. "Hey, sorry 'bout the ill mood. We lost someone the other day. Still processing and all that." He peeks down at the bag of potions the strangely-painted traveler is carrying. "And you know what they say, a dragon never turns away gifts, haha!" The actual phrase included 'a dragon never forgets his debts,' but Sam often conveniently forgot that part.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn

Caelyn is silent during the burial of Gorion. Her Druidic training was all self taught, and limited to the few texts in Candlekeep on the subject. She didn't feel equipped to pray or say words of his passing. She just stood with the others, tears making trails down her dirty cheeks, and threw her handful of dirt down into the grave to put him to rest. Then she immediately went to trance and try to collect her thoughts.

Early in the morning, after her trance is completed, Caelee takes her leave and makes her way deeper into the forest, staying within whistle range but far enough from her family to be alone. She finds a tree, as she is known for, but this one stands dead, having been struck by lightning in it's past. Sitting cross legged, as she does while she trances, she closes her eyes and begins to center herself. Speaking in the language of druids, she a cascade of words begins to escape her lips as the horror, confusion, and pain of the last day flows out of her.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    Spirits of nature, give me guidance. I've lost my father, my brothers and sisters are scared, and we are alone in this dangerous and dire world except for each other. In all I've read, nature has taught me many things, but nothing of death. My chest... my chest hurts and my mind is reeling. Why has he been taken away from us? What will happen to him? What purpose does his death serve? Please, tell me!

The tree is silent before her, split down the middle and and rotting slowly. She can't help but think that it is taking up earth and sunlight that the smaller plants needed to grow. It would better serve the natural order as ash to fertilize the world, it's death supporting a new generation of plant and insect life. She spoke in Druidic again, without spite or malice, a moment of clarity piercing through her pain and rage. This tree needs a fire to cleanse it. On the utterance of the word "fire", a sound of thunder rumbled, even in the bright, gentle sunlight of the early morning. Maybe she was just hearing things. Then there was a flash of light and a roar of flame.

Caelyn gave a high cry and retreated from the tree, which had burst into flames. The intensity of the heat caused the tree to crack and split, and from it emerged a creature. This amalgamation of vines, stone, and fire the size of a dog climbed it's way from the tree and floated down to the ground next to it. Flames spouted from it's tail end and danced around it's plantlike "legs". However, the fire didn't burn the undergrowth around the tree, only the tree itself. The creature half scuttled, half floated it's way closer to Caelee, the sound of it's ever burning body snapping and crackling. Caelee's meditative calm evaporated immediately as the creature came close, and she reeled backwards. NO! GO AWAY! She screamed. There was a loud whoosh of air, and immediately the creature was gone. Heart racing, she climbed to her feet and ran back to the others, leaving the tree to burn behind her. The flames were controlled, so she decided to keep this crazy event to herself until she could speak to Melian or Senna alone about it.

Later that day...

Caelee is quiet as they travel in the morning. She keeps trying to ask someone about the obviously magical incident she experienced earlier, but she can't bring herself to express it just yet. She felt... hot. Hotter than the bright sunlight warranted, as though a fire had been built inside to melt the icy pains of her heart. It felt... better. Her loss and mourning was not gone, but it did feel lessened. Maybe it will feel a little better every day... She was so distracted that she didn't notice the other travelers until hails were already being exchanged. She leaned on her hand carved staff and simply observed the situation, letting her brothers and sisters do the talking for now.

Show
    Insight check- (1d20+5)[13]. Caelee is down a use of wildshape for the day
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2020-04-03 at 11:49 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Vyvian Just
    Half-Elf Rogue

Vyvian couldn't really remember anything past the digging. She knew they buried the body and afterwards she assumes she collapsed into sleep somewhere. She doesn't remember having been woken up, so someone clearly let her sleep through her share of the night's watch. Probably not the wisest choice, but certainly a kind one since she could tell she'd needed the rest. She hadn't had a day that hard in a long while.

Thanks to her wakefulness, she was able to think critical thoughts like "Why are these two people, one of which had their hands on their daggers as if we are some kind of threat to them, now offering us expensive items for free? Also face tattoos like that aren't always a great sign."

However on the outside she just smiles and nods a hello at them.

After a moment a thought occurs to her/her old survival habits return from when she needed them now that she does again and she makes a hand sign that in Thieves' Cant is just a simple greeting.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight: (1d20+3)[13]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Lost someone? That's sad, very sad. Isn't it sad Montaron?" Xzar's tone is grandiose, and it's not hard to pick up the lack of complete sincerity. Montaron, on the other hand, seems bored as he replies "Yes, very sad Xzar." Xzar tugs one of the potions out of his bag and passes it to Sam, smile plastered across his face. "Ah but the Friendly Arm you say? No, no, you don't want to go there. You should go south. With us! You all look very..." He passes his eyes over the group in an exaggerated assessment, "powerful. My comrade and I are investigating the iron crisis. Have you heard? Up and down the sword coast. Oh it's awful. So awful. Weapons and tools just falling apart in people's hands. Some of our colleagues are worried about who's behind it...and who's getting the blame. Might you accompany us? In payment for the potions that is."

Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    You sense no ill-intent towards you/the party.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

So, who do you work for? Senna inquires not confidently but rather half-hidden behind Sam and Aintas.

22. - Top - End - #82

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock

"And now they want something from you. Good job," the imp on his shoulder chastises him.

Sam's gaze drifts briefly over to his shoulder, but he knows better than to counterquip at the imp in public. "Iron crisis? I've not heard of that," he shakes his head, brow ridge quirked in genuine interest. "When did this start?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh we're just a small consortium of companies, you probably won't have heard of us, but you know how people just love love love a scapegoat! Though speaking of not hearing things," Xzar turns on Sam, trying to loom but having it fail due to the difference in size. "I don't know what rock you've been living under to not hear about the Iron Crisis." For a moment, his tone became harsh, almost venomous, but as quickly as it came it was gone. "No one knows what's causing it but all the iron that's been coming out of the mines lately has been useless - breaks after barely any use. Hammers shattering, swords splitting, armour splintering, oh it's awful. And the bandits." "Aye, the bandits." "There's so many of them! Ready to kill for a scrap of metal. They'd take the hinges off a treasure chest and leave the inside. That's why we need big...strong...men and women like yourself to protect us. The Nashkel mines are meant to be where it's all gone wrong, so we're headed there."

His speech was quick, seeming almost practiced and singsong, going well with his jester's paint, and eschewing any interruptions.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Aintas

Aintas frowns when his siblings start giving away information to two unknown and not too trustworthy people. He decides to interject

"Thank you for taking us into your confidence. But he have an errand of our own. After we are done, perhaps we will seek you out and see if we can help you out.

Best of luck to you. We will be going now"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn

Caelee nods at Aintas' words, agreeing with his assessment of the situation. The jester had been scary when he got angry, and she didn't want any part of that.
    The Bear is Back.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Where can we find you once we are done with our business? Senna adds. She nods reassuringly when people look at her funny. If we are dealing with our affairs quickly, we might be two to three days behind you, maybe faster.

27. - Top - End - #87

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock

Keeping his friendly smile even when Xzar's mood seems to swing wildly, Sam nods along. "Our errand shouldn't take long. I'm sure the iron mines will still be in trouble when we get there, if you'd like to wait for us." Grepha leans forward on his shoulder, waving her intangible hand in front of the (attempted) looming jester's eyes. "Think all the torches are lit upstairs?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Bah, now I see what passes for gratitude in this backwater." Xzar's voice has turned sour, his amiable personality, thin as it was, seems to have vanished entirely. "Well if you do feel like helping the DOWNTRODDEN then maybe you will catch us up in Nashkel. Come Montaron. Mayhaps we'll find people with more steel in their blood than these wasters of time and words." Montaron says nothing as he and Xzar move away, heading in what looks to be a southerly direction. They ignore any further words and soon disappear from sight.

Your path continues on through the pastoral wilderness of the sword coast. Then, just as the sun begins to set, you catch sight of a plume of smoke a little ways off to the north. It's not quite on your path, but you would be cutting close if you kept your current trajectory and would almost certainly be spotted, if that's a concern. You can't make out the source of the smoke, as it's concealed behind some trees and small hills. The map indicates no settlements in the area (though it could be wrong - it's not exhaustive).
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I cannot decide how of these two I hate more. Senna bluntly states after they have left. Still, what I meant was that we should keep an eye out for them. You better know where your enemies are. Anbd I wouldn't be surprised if they take all but ten minutes to decide we are their mortal enemies. But hear me out. Maybe we want to help them. If these fellows of Gorion in Candlekeep are a dud, we might need allies, even distrustful ones like that.

The thought of calling Tattoohead and Knife-midget allies sends shivers down Senna's spine.

Half a day later they spot the small smoke plume. Should we check that fire? Xzar warned us about bandits, but he looked like the guy who warns you about their grandma's spirit haunting their head too.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn

Agreed. But hopefully father's friends are better allies than those two would be. A last resort comes last for a reason. Caelyn is sweating heavily at this point and trying not to show it, an internal heat matching the summer sun light to make her very uncomfortable. Vyv and I could check out that smoke and hopefully not get caught. I'd want the rest of you to be within shouting distance though. She wiped at her forehead and took a pull from her water skin. But before we do that, can I speak to you Senna? Something weird happened, and... I'm not sure what to think.
    The Bear is Back.