Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Re-filling the ranks of an ongoing level 15 5e game

Are we using same magic items prices or standard? Looks like I need to buy some healing potions.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian MD View Post
    Standard array character sheet (Rune Knight Bow-focused fighter): https://ddb.ac/characters/25826674/NSj0NC

Here's a roll though, cause why not, right?
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]

Backstory is rattling around in my head. Will complete tonguth hopefully, as well as purchases.
    Please get a backstory out ASAP! I don't consider characters "done" without them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokaze View Post
    Yes! Hopefully I can push through and reach bankai full Blackrazor level!

But, man. Really, no healers. Man... I don't want to give up the hexblade but how're we going to live? Sundered, do you want me to reroll a healer?
    Only if you want to...

Though, if you choose to reroll, you forfeit your spot until you get another character in. Not fair to anyone else, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Yeah it's just frustrating to be denied that basic bonus every other melee class can get, y'know?

Anyway, I'd assume it would come from honing the purity of the soul and whatnot.

(I'd also be fine with anything that works on Unarmed Strikes - which is also virtually nonexistent - working on the Arms of the Astral Self.)
    Maybe a pair of brass knuckles +2? I'm not sure if that would work for your Astral self, I haven't looked into that UA in forever, but perhaps that's enough for the bonus to unarmed.

Also, didn't even catch Malathorn! Thanks for pointing 'em out, Bob!

Let's see, I think we have one more slot, possibly filled by the rune knight when they get their backstory in? And maybe another one if Kurokaze is going to pull out and speed round make a healer? We're getting awfully crowded... act fast!
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    My Paladin is multiclassed with Divine Soul Sorcerer, it's no Life Cleric but surely it'll be enough to get by?
    That's cool. Actually one of the builds I considered myself, although I considered only having two paladin levels.

Well, we can try to get by with that and some potions. It's just we have so many HP at this level, you know?

4. - Top - End - #64

Are we using same magic items prices or standard? Looks like I need to buy some healing potions.
    Let's go standard, I think? I haven't looked into sane yet, when I run IRL games I just make up prices on the spot most times.

"Backstory," since this is going quickly:

Growing up in Sigil you meet all kinds of Berks, y'know? The Doomguard. The Wavers. The Takers. The Harmonium. Everybody had a gormin' name. They lived and died for some imagined ideal, or philosophy, god or goddess.

But all that do'en't change the fact that everyone in the City of Doors, in the end, is just a prisoner, does it?

Kore was just more a prisoner than most folks. He'd spent three years in this gormin' prison, and another three ta go.

And now someone was springin' him early. Who in the nine hells the berk was, Kore didn't much care. But he apparently had a lot of pull, or a lot of money, or both. He had gotten Kore out. And that was all that mattered. Clearly there was goin' to be a catch. There was always a catch. No one handed over five hundred gold to an ex-convict with no strings attached. But anything was better than rottin' in prison.

Seems the old geezer had taken a liking to his work back in Sigren on the Prime. Only thing that made any sense, that. What was it? Six, seven years ago? That had been some sweet justice, though he thought he had kept it quiet. Work for a beholder crime boss for seven years, and you'd think you'd earn a little trust, a little respect. Gorm, that had been a tight spot. See one thing you're not supposed ta and boom, yer out. They had tried to feed him to the fishes. Can't trust anyone these days. I mean, if you can't trust a psychopathic mafosio aberration, who can ya trust, amiright? Well, he'd shown them.

It couldn't possibly have been for the mess that landed him in the slammer. That was a gormin' mess. Stupid rich nobleman's son, playin' at war, trying to hang with the big boys out in the frontier in the Plane o' Fire. He'd gotten himself gutted right good. Kore sure as hell didn't feel any remorse about it. He'd been a fool and a coward and a traitor. A'course, that had meant the investigators had come in and strung up Kore's unit to 'teach him a lesson' afore they sent him into that dark hole forever. Didn't seem to care what the little git had been doing on the side. They had hushed that up right nicely.

Well, whatever it was, this merc figured he'd be payin' it back big time for the foreseeable future. That was fine. Wasn't like he had anything else ta do. It'd be an awful shame to let that five hundred go to waste, though. Sounded like a good night to celebrate. A stiff drink maybe for the road. And then off to the gormin' Astral.
    And it seems we're full! Sorry to everyone who didn't make it in time...
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Here's Granite, Goblin Sapper, Conjuration Wizard

Spoiler: Image
    Show

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    He was an orphan, adopted and raised by a loving human family where he was treated well and worked as a mason’s apprentice. His village was overrun by orcs and my family and the master mason were killed. He survived, escaped and volunteered with most of the other villagers for the army to fight the orcs. As a goblin, he was considered expendable and discriminated against by many. He was assigned as a sapper, where he worked for 2 years in the fight against the orcs. He would dig tunnels under fort walls and use fire and gravity to destroy the wall. It was dangerous work but he always volunteered for the most dangerous missions. He was given several field promotions and ended his military career as a mid-level noncommissioned officer (equivalent to a staff sergeant) leading a team of human and halfling sappers.

He left the army after the campaign ended, but still wears the military insignia proudly. Most of his fellow enlisted soldiers would have given their lives for him, and one risked his own life to save Granite's. He is well known by anyone who fought in the campaign with him and was treated as a mascot by those who knew him. Despite the occasional discrimination, he loves humans, especially the soldiers he fought with. After the war was won, he was discharged and banished for demolishing a tavern while on leave. He claims he was framed. Despite this, he loves halflings and humans.

Since then, he has wandered, studying masonry and wizardry. In his masonry book were hidden several spells. Over the past few years, he has also added his own spells to the book. He recently joined this party looking for adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modigar View Post
    Having been one of two wizard in my only high level game played, it really can be. Speaking of my character, meet Elirathol, renegade githyanki wizard that appropriately wound up far more gishy than I originally intended.

Show
    As with most of his kind, Elirathol was hatched in a well concealed military post on an obscure island on the material plane. Trained practically from birth, it became clear he had significant aptitude, both as a decent swordsman, and as an incredibly psionicist. Trained all the harder for this, he nonetheless prospered and stood out among his peers. And when the time came, he slew a mind flayer, as was tradition, and presented it's corpse to Vlaakith personally.

Having entered Tu'narath, however, he quickly found himself frustrated with the laziness of his peers. Although induction into the githyanki knights kept him occupied for a while, the boredom was nonetheless quick to set in. As such, he was first to volunteer for the next raid.

However, said raid only intensified his disdain for his culture. Less a battle and more a pointless massacre, it was then he made his decision. Feigning his death, and casting aside his silver sword, he abandoned Tu'narath. Now, he wanders in search of allies, that he might slay Vlaakith, and force a change from the outside that he could not have accomplished alone inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokaze View Post
    Here's my character. I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure what sort of group would be called marauders. Doesn't seem like a stereotypical paladin would fit in.

https://ddb.ac/characters/25765209/dRoYy4

Spoiler: Backstory:
    Show

Megil was born to two half-elf heroes - a holy paladin and a powerful wizard. It's a curiosity that he inherited neither his father's strength and conviction, nor
    his mother's intellect. He spent his youth being surrounded by their success and excellence, which was denied him. His parents were understanding - if his talents
    lay elsewhere, they were happy to support him in his search for a role. Might he be a cleric? But he had no faith in any gods, nor any interest in discipline or
    self-abnegation and humility. Perhaps a bard's path would suit him better? He was too proud and self-centered to perform.
    One day, he happened to be around when an unusual sword was brought to his mother for safe-keeping. Its black scabbard was decorated with pieces of cut obsidian and everyone was careful not to draw it. Was it cursed? Or just too powerful?
    She explained to him that it was called Blackrazor, and it was recovered from a terrible man who was just arrested by the authorities. She locked it away, pending sealing in a secret location the next day, but Megil knew where she kept the key.
    That night, he snuck in and opened the case but barely had time to even touch it before the alarm sounded and he ran. That touch, though, was enough to create some kind of bond.
    He ran away from home shortly after, determined - obsessed - to become powerful in his own way. To get by, he collected bounties by tracking down wanted men, but he craved more. This wasn't power! He began to hear whispers, telling him that he could have power somewhat like his mother's, and battle prowess somewhat like his father's. All he needed to do was agree and she would give it to him. For a price…
    He received power, training, information. He learned how to cast spells and fight in armor and with a greatsword. In return, he would receive mental orders which he did not dare to disobey.
    Over the last twenty years, he grew in power and performed increasingly more difficult tasks for his mysterious benefactor. Then, a little while ago, he was ordered to join a certain group and go with them to a special location on the Astral Plane, the first time he had left the Prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaryn View Post
    Here's my character, Varis Brightwood:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2164875

Show
    Varis was born in a joyful house. His parents were simple folk, and very much in love despite the difficulties their lifespans would bring in the future. From them, Varis learned to live in the moment and be grateful for his blessings.

He showed talent for music and song at an early age, and soon began to earn some renown as a troubadour. However, his sharp tongue got him into trouble as he punctured self-righteous individuals in high society, stood up to bullies, and generally stood up for what he thought was right.

Of course, he eventually overreached himself and had to go on the road after humiliating a visiting lord, who swore vengeance. From there, a life of adventure began to unfold itself as Varis tumbled from one situation to the next, led by nothing more than his conscience. He loved the look on people's faces when he managed to relieve their burdens or free them from their oppressors, and eventually travelled deep into the woods to swear an oath to the old powers that he would spread joy and light wherever he went.

Several escapades later, he crossed blades with a warlock beholden to one of the unseelie. He managed to disrupt the ritual being carried out which would have buried the whole kingdom in snow and darkness, but the backdraft blew him through a portal to the astral plane. Varis now searches for a way to get home - but not too quickly. After all, this place is new and interesting, and has many new things to experience!

Background now finished 🙂
    Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    Got my entry done. Hopefully, in the nick of time.

Malathorn

Show

Malathorn was a holy warrior, though he insists he still is one. Fed up with what he saw as the feebleness of his old order and their kowtowing to temporal authority, he struck out on his own path. Not only did he find he did not lose his god's blessing, but his abilities were improved exponentially when he learned to draw on the arcane might within his own blood; study and prayer proved useless in expanding his knowledge—only the heat of combat drew out his true talents. In the years since he abandoned his old oaths, he resolved to gain the might he needed to return to his country of birth and sweep aside the bickering merchant-politicians, the corrupt guardsmen and their incompetent captains, and the simpering old men who comically named themselves Templars. He would need to secure powerful allies and artifacts to do so, however, and his pursuit of both has led him to further realms than he had ever known existed.

Spoiler: Theme Song
    Show

Standard array character sheet (Rune Knight Bow-focused fighter): https://ddb.ac/characters/25826674/NSj0NC

Here's a roll though, cause why not, right?
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]

Backstory is rattling around in my head. Will complete tonguth hopefully, as well as purchases.
    "Backstory," since this is going quickly:

Growing up in Sigil you meet all kinds of Berks, y'know? The Doomguard. The Wavers. The Takers. The Harmonium. Everybody had a gormin' name. They lived and died for some imagined ideal, or philosophy, god or goddess.

But all that do'en't change the fact that everyone in the City of Doors, in the end, is just a prisoner, does it?

Kore was just more a prisoner than most folks. He'd spent three years in this gormin' prison, and another three ta go.

And now someone was springin' him early. Who in the nine hells the berk was, Kore didn't much care. But he apparently had a lot of pull, or a lot of money, or both. He had gotten Kore out. And that was all that mattered. Clearly there was goin' to be a catch. There was always a catch. No one handed over five hundred gold to an ex-convict with no strings attached. But anything was better than rottin' in prison.

Seems the old geezer had taken a liking to his work back in Sigren on the Prime. Only thing that made any sense, that. What was it? Six, seven years ago? That had been some sweet justice, though he thought he had kept it quiet. Work for a beholder crime boss for seven years, and you'd think you'd earn a little trust, a little respect. Gorm, that had been a tight spot. See one thing you're not supposed ta and boom, yer out. They had tried to feed him to the fishes. Can't trust anyone these days. I mean, if you can't trust a psychopathic mafosio aberration, who can ya trust, amiright? Well, he'd shown them.

It couldn't possibly have been for the mess that landed him in the slammer. That was a gormin' mess. Stupid rich nobleman's son, playin' at war, trying to hang with the big boys out in the frontier in the Plane o' Fire. He'd gotten himself gutted right good. Kore sure as hell didn't feel any remorse about it. He'd been a fool and a coward and a traitor. A'course, that had meant the investigators had come in and strung up Kore's unit to 'teach him a lesson' afore they sent him into that dark hole forever. Didn't seem to care what the little git had been doing on the side. They had hushed that up right nicely.

Well, whatever it was, this merc figured he'd be payin' it back big time for the foreseeable future. That was fine. Wasn't like he had anything else ta do. It'd be an awful shame to let that five hundred go to waste, though. Sounded like a good night to celebrate. A stiff drink maybe for the road. And then off to the gormin' Astral.
    So here's the final list for us! Let me edit this post with the links into the game and away you go!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...Multiverse-OOC
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-Multiverse-IC
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2020-03-30 at 08:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey, cool beans. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #67

Hey, cool beans. Thanks!
    ur wealcom
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2020-03-30 at 08:35 PM.