Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Exalted 3e - Welcome to Thorns

So, following critique of my houserules on the Exalted Discord, including one of the locals there calling them 'idiotic', I've decided to revise the current MA/Brawl/Evocations setup towards something a bit more free and accepting, while still encouraging the build variety I wanted.

Thus going forward, evocations will work fine with Martial Arts. However, to balance this all Brawl Charms ARE BANNED! I do apologize for the inconvenience to any players already working on a sheet, and hope that the end result will make it worthwhile. Happy creating!

*peeks* Did I get ya? ;)

Well, I really am considering revising that houserule, though more towards removing the Brawl cross compatibility and Evocation shutoff. ;) The stuff on the server didn't exactly make me feel more inclined to do that, but letting it weigh on me would just be petty. I'm gonna think it over. Merry April 1st gang. Hope you have fun, and take care out there

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Good thing I'm planning a lunar/Alchemical hybrid. No Brawl charms to worry about!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Note: you say Twilight caste on top but your caste abilities point toward Zenith.
    Zenith! That's the word for an object at its peak in a trajectory huh. Oops.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be playing a completely homebrewed Exalted type. They gain Caste/Favored Attributes as Lunars and Caste/Favored Abilities as Solars (at the same time). They also start with six dots in every attribute and double all sources of Essence gain (10m per combat round for example). They have no limit trigger, receive all the dice they would from an excellency as non-charm bonuses without having to pay the essence costs, and treat all charms the players have taken as if they were their own whether they've taken them or not.

They might be a little underpowered, but they also gain 50 dots of merits, so I think it evens out.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-04-01 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

Extended Sig

Brother of Battle by Emperor Ing

Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns
    Veritus-Timens Protectorate in Empire 5

Discord: HalfTangible#7505

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I'll be playing a completely homebrewed Exalted type. They gain Caste/Favored Attributes as Lunars and Caste/Favored Abilities as Solars (at the same time). They also start with six dots in every attribute and double all sources of Essence gain (10m per combat round for example). They have no limit trigger, receive all the dice they would from an excellency as non-charm bonuses without having to pay the essence costs, and treat all charms the players have taken as if they were their own whether they've taken them or not.

They might be a little underpowered, but they also gain 50 dots of merits, so I think it evens out.
    Aw man, I was gonna play that! Now I'm back to my first idea:Scarlet Empress as an Akuma of The Ebon Dragon who's managed to seduce the Unconquered Sun.
    Sorry for making things complicated!
    -Me

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Now that I've added the Warstrider to my character sheet, Rivers should be done...

...more seriously, sans Warstrider, they are basically done now. I might expand description of a few things here or there, possibly, but all the numbers are in the right places.

EDIT: Aww jeeze, I forgot to read the gazetteer. Might do some backstory tweaks based on your iteration of Thorns, Valin.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2020-04-01 at 06:44 PM.
    Braga avatar by Luci!

Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blind, with a ruined face. Crippled and left for dead. Only the mocking laughter of the Death Knight who took her future. A nameless swordswoman lifts a nameless blade, to erase those who wronged her from the annuls of history.

Finished sheet

Spoiler
    Show

“Just what are you doing?”

The swordswoman was startled from her kata, before frowning slightly, the motion lost in the pitch black of her cave. The sound of the voice sent the bats above her into disarray, squeaking and fluttering about before slowly settling themselves deeper into their home. This was odd. Not only was it unusual for her to fail to hear someone approach, only a few people even bothered venturing this deep into the dark caves below the village. Let alone a stranger. Few people above liked to think about her much. She was technically part of the community but they had come to view her first with something like pity, seeing her as a feeble broken thing. They had expected her to give up, and wallow in misery. She had not. She had risen every day, and this determination was an unfamiliar thing to them. And so, pity had slowly turned to fear. They didn’t speak of her to outsiders often, if at all.

“Training.” The Swordswoman responded to the voice, her own tone curt. She didn’t care for being interrupted but it was more than that. Speaking was painful, for her. Her tone was raspy, and her voice had a wet, slightly broken manner to it.

“Here? In a pitch black cave? Whyever would you do that, when you could be performing in the light above?” The question didn't have any cruelty behind it but that didn't make it any less painful.

She was a little bothered before, but now the swordswoman was growing annoyed. Speaking wasn’t easy for her, and she was getting so close to her goal. She was almost there. She bit against her top lip, the only lip she had left, and took in a short ragged breath before speaking. “Light is useless. My sight was taken by a cruel warrior. Here it is quiet and dark. Better to hone my senses..”

“A blind swordswoman then? Like something out of the old stories. But what use have you for a sword? Would it not be easier to find some other simpler craft, even if you didn’t wish simply lie down and die like those above kept waiting for you to do?” Once more, no anger or malice to the question and yet it cut deep.

As the womans voice faded into the quiet of the cave, she found herself with a realization. She couldn’t tell where the voice was coming from. She had honed her hearing. It was the most useful sense she had now, in her reckoning, and had pushed it gradually beyond what most humans used. She could tell someone's movement and position just from their sounds, though that wasn’t yet enough for her purposes. And this stranger....

She couldn’t tell where they were around her. She couldn’t even tell if they were male or female. It was like such concepts as ‘location’ and ‘identity’ simply slide off the woman’s words. And they where words. It wasn’t like having thoughts placed in her head. Someone was here with her. Not just a stranger. Strange.

“Who are you.” The swordswoman murmured.

“Answer my questions first, girl, and perhaps I’ll answer yours.”

The air was different, and her grip on the sword she wielded grew tighter. “I wish to prevent calamities like what befell my people. We were defenseless. We fought, even as we prayed for a savior, but there was nothing that could stop that devil. Someone should protect the world from monsters. From marauders. I would hunt them, and stop them. I would be a nameless blade wielded for all creation.” What remained of her ruined face quirked up in a mocking smile. “I cannot do all that. I know that. But I have to strive. A goal, even unreachable stops me from giving up. And if I save even a single soul, then perhaps this had some meaning.” Her throat felt raw and pained, this was the most she had spoken in months, the most she'd spoken since she'd been maimed.

“But what if you could?”

The world was... shifting. She was losing her balance as the cool cave suddenly became different. It was like the dimensions where changing around her and the floor rolling as it remained solid ground. Sounds she had never heard before where starting to bombard her mind- desperately trying to process. The swordswoman latched onto the strange voice, the only stability she had as a sensation like cool water began flowing over her mind, her body-

“They say I like survivors, and well, they’re not wrong. But people don’t understand what that means. Not dying is easy. Ordinary people manage to not die every day! It’s simple! Insects can do it! And I don’t shower my blessing on every one of them do I? No. I look for the people who do more than fail to die. I look for the people who continue to live. Who are faced with the destruction of who they are, and then keep moving forward. You intrigue me, swordswoman.”

The cool presence was overwhelming. She was able to... See was the wrong word. But sense now. Everything around her. Each still rock! Each falling drop of water. Power was burning inside her, ready to burst free like a fountain. She gripped the handle of her sword and it shattered under her strength, her hands unclenching suddenly in confusion. Horror. What was happening to her? Her body felt like it was being reforged as the sounds of the bats int he cave with her grew again, as they took flight, forming a cyclone around her during this bizarre metamorphosis. She felt it most of all in her ears, changing as each sound grew sharper and somehow more real...

“The Moon blesses you child. Seek your justice upon the land. Protect that life you cherish so much. Nurture it, through blood if need be. Oh little swordswoman. I cannot wait to see what you become next.”

The cool presence was fading. Gone. Along with the voice. Only the swordswoman remained, her flesh shifting, melting as she broke into the air, a sharp cry as a swarm gathered around her, bursting out into the night air.

Those in the village didn’t find her again. They searched the cavern, most assumed she’d gotten lost, and a few mourned the tragic death of the poor girl. Only a few saw that silver flash escaping from the cave, and though some guessed it may have been some sign, none knew the truth.

A nameless steward of creation now watched their lands.

A wandering swordswoman, with a blade with no name.

And for one Death Knight, sworn to the Mask of Winters?

Vengeance came.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2020-04-07 at 03:05 PM.
    Thought of the Week: There are usually only about ten people in the world you really care about. Maybe your parents, some friends, the person you sleep with, and me.”
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Aw man, I was gonna play that! Now I'm back to my first idea:Scarlet Empress as an Akuma of The Ebon Dragon who's managed to seduce the Unconquered Sun.
    Perfect, she shall make a fine addition to my harem.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

9. - Top - End - #39

Added a work in progress sheet to the nameless lunar
    Thought of the Week: There are usually only about ten people in the world you really care about. Maybe your parents, some friends, the person you sleep with, and me.”

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been contemplating a custom sorcery method for my geomantic farmer.

Does this seem reasonable as a base?

Leyline Sorcery:
    A character who performs this style of sorcery must do so in the presence of an attuned geomantic source.
    In an attuned greater manse, the caster may reflexively pull 2 sorcerous motes per action from the ambient power.
    In an attuned lesser manse, the caster may reflexively pull 1 sorcerous motes per action from the ambient power.
    In an attuned greater demense, the caster may reflexively pull 1 sorcerous motes per action from the ambient power.
    In an attuned lesser demense, the caster may cast without penalty.

In the presence of an attuned hearthstone linked to a greater manse, the caster may cast, but at a one dice penalty to the shape sorcery roll.

In the presence of an attuned hearthstone linked to a lesser manse, the caster may cast, but at a one success penalty to the shape sorcery roll. This can result in the loss of sorcerous motes as the power flows into the manse that produced the hearthstone.

I have not figured out any talents for it yet, but it can be discussed if I think of something.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-04-02 at 08:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Added a work in progress sheet to the nameless lunar
    I immediately thought of this.

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

My sheet is mostly done. I need to create an Evocation and maybe statblocks for Familiars, but I feel like that's the kind of thing that'd just generate more work to the ST if I'm not picked so I'd rather wait to see if it happens

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Now that I've added the Warstrider to my character sheet, Rivers should be done...

...more seriously, sans Warstrider, they are basically done now. I might expand description of a few things here or there, possibly, but all the numbers are in the right places.

EDIT: Aww jeeze, I forgot to read the gazetteer. Might do some backstory tweaks based on your iteration of Thorns, Valin.
    Lemme ask what may be a dumb question

Why do several of your charms have Xs next to them? What do they mark out?

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

On my end, still working on a character, just slowed by indecision, figuring out what I want to do and resisting the lure of having over half my charms be out of caste for that sweet universal excellency setup in exchange for not actually having a lot left for my actual job. Lunar charms are fun, but their out of combat stuff is throwing up a lot of potential options. I'll probably end up with a No Moon, though - I'd summarise the builds I've been coming up with as 'less good than a focused twilight at the job, but has a fair few neat little tricks'. Also a notable focus towards Perception charms, because I like a lot of that stuff (who knew I'd actually want to take read intentions boosting charms).

Also, as a setting question, what's the situation like with Thorn's borders with the outside world? Just wondering because of stuff like getting heart's blood, potential use of territory charms (because Secure Den Prana is a neat trick in this situation, and the basic territory charm is the least bad prereq there), and the potential for hiding things and people out there.

Lemme ask what may be a dumb question

I assume it's because they're her excellencies, it's just that DB excellencies have names and ability specific little quirks.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Okay, I've had a Not-Fun couple of days, though the Heirs text being dropped is a significant bright spot. Back in the saddle now though! We've got a good number of finished aps but a fair few still working - I'm eyeing group composition options, weighing how to start this off, ect. I've a question for everyone though. What're you looking to get out of a game like this? What storyline stuff would you like to focus on/be invested in? Anything I should hard-avoid or that you've got concerns about? If I've missed questions please nag me, and apologies in advance if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Also, as a setting question, what's the situation like with Thorn's borders with the outside world? Just wondering because of stuff like getting heart's blood, potential use of territory charms (because Secure Den Prana is a neat trick in this situation, and the basic territory charm is the least bad prereq there), and the potential for hiding things and people out there.
    The city is sealed against casual exit - work crews enter and leave pretty regularly, but are accompanied by loyal troops. Travel papers require the approval of Manderlay House, so the richer citizens can prooobably leave (so long as there are plenty of hostages still within the city to ensure their loyalty) but everyone else is screwed. Still, for a Lunar the boarder's still pretty navigable - Risa got in and out, you'd probably have an even easier time with shapeshifting

Nova, that's a pretty radical reworking of sorcery. It seems reasonable at a glance but why do you want that big of a changeup?

16. - Top - End - #46

MonkGirl

Aside from the usual 'don't deliberately be an ass' decency I'd expect from GitP forumites, I have no real boundaries that I'd say not to cross.

As far as interesting story directions, I'm fine with a blending of elements. We're in a dystopian city of adventure. Plucky rebels, horrific tortures, tense threat-laced flirtations with abyssals, an unexpected encounter with the Mask himself, it's all on the table.

If selected, Dancer can move among the higher rungs of society pretty freely, but she can get down in the muck if need be, and everything in-between.
    -Me

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    I've a question for everyone though. What're you looking to get out of a game like this? What storyline stuff would you like to focus on/be invested in? Anything I should hard-avoid or that you've got concerns about?
    "Underground resistance in Thorns" says "intrigue" to me. Divided loyalties, espionage and counter-espionage, sabotage and skulldiggery. Keeping to one city also affords the chance to get to know characters; the chance to become tragically invested in the lives of probably-doomed NPCs.

If I have a concern, it's that while I expect to be out-gunned much of the time, especially playing a Dragon-Blood, I do want to see chances to win little victories. Steep odds are great for drama, but it's hard to invest in hopelessness.

There are no dumb questions! Volthawk is right, though, the Xs are there to remind me which Charms are Excellencies. I might also go back through and mark elements and the Balanced keyword to ease Aura management.Dragon-Bloods are fun, but they have a lot of fiddly bits.
    Braga avatar by Luci!

Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I'm mostly going a dawn caste to get more familiar with 3e's combat; Valin knows why. That aside, I'm a shipper at heart, and would love to see some romances blossom like roses in Thorns (heh). I intend to play Nord as hopelessly in love with his lady back home, but characters being motivated at least in part by lovers or family are always fun.

I concur with Ascension that small victories are important, but setbacks and failures are also important. If the task is too simple then the immediate question becomes why WE had to step in and not, say, literally any other Exalt that has ever come near Thorns.

EDIT: I also love ambushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Aside from the usual 'don't deliberately be an ass' decency I'd expect from GitP forumites, I have no real boundaries that I'd say not to cross.

As far as interesting story directions, I'm fine with a blending of elements. We're in a dystopian city of adventure. Plucky rebels, horrific tortures, tense threat-laced flirtations with abyssals, an unexpected encounter with the Mask himself, it's all on the table.

If selected, Dancer can move among the higher rungs of society pretty freely, but she can get down in the muck if need be, and everything in-between.
    Dancer is your character, I assume? She linked anywhere?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-04-04 at 01:05 AM.

Extended Sig

Current Roleplaying

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nova, that's a pretty radical reworking of sorcery. It seems reasonable at a glance but why do you want that big of a changeup?"

It was meant to be a specific new shaping style. There are only 5 styles presented in the core book. My particular character is focused on geomancy so I thought I would generate a sorcery style focused on that. It is not really a problem for me to drop the sorcery, I have no selected / do not rely on any spells yet.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    "Nova, that's a pretty radical reworking of sorcery. It seems reasonable at a glance but why do you want that big of a changeup?"

It was meant to be a specific new shaping style. There are only 5 styles presented in the core book. My particular character is focused on geomancy so I thought I would generate a sorcery style focused on that. It is not really a problem for me to drop the sorcery, I have no selected / do not rely on any spells yet.
    There is a manse-based sorcery initiation in the book, though, that's not nearly as restrictive: The sorcerer may bathe in the geomantic fires that burn in her manse’s heart to gain (Essence + Willpower) sorcerous motes, at the price of taking a level of aggravated damage. These motes last for a fortnight, or until she next claims motes from the manse. While within the bounds of the manse, she also gains one additional sorcerous mote each turn while casting a spell.

Basically, shaping rituals are always a plus, just letting you get motes in a new way, there's no reason to take penalties like needing a geomantic focus to shape sorcery.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

21. - Top - End - #51

I immediately thought of this.
    Hee. While the overall theme of that doesn't fit her particularly well, the chorus did offer some inspiration when I was working with her. While a lot of JT can be hit or miss their chorus's almost always have some fantastic verses to them.

What're you looking to get out of a game like this? What storyline stuff would you like to focus on/be invested in? Anything I should hard-avoid or that you've got concerns about? If I've missed questions please nag me, and apologies in advance if so.
    My Lunar is made with the aim towards a somewhat more traditional wuxia feel, more Hero less Inglorious Bastards. I'm looking for some dramatic and memorable set pieces alongside treachery and intrigue and likely some chances to chew on the scenery at least a little. I admit I have a fondness for haming slightly. A darker tone is somewhat expected given the subject matter, and an expectation that that risks will be taken and people may die.

I don't have any hard avoids outside of obvious distasteful stuff, but if I am accepted I would appreciate it you could provide a warning before the death of children in particular. That can upset me if I'm not braced for it.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2020-04-04 at 11:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all! Working on an app myself, though it's not in any kind of condition to be showing off yet.

What're you looking to get out of a game like this? What storyline stuff would you like to focus on/be invested in?
    I absolutely adore games set in a single city, since it lets you go into a lot more detail on the ways your characters actions are affecting the people around him. That's something I'd like to see emphasized - Thorns is a city and for some characters likely their home; scorched-earth tactics will carry a very real human cost.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the people of Thorns have adjusted to living under a Deathlord, and, in the long term, how the surrounding powers will respond to our little rebellion.

Anything I should hard-avoid or that you've got concerns about?
    Hm... Nothing off the top of my head, but I am kinda curious how you'll be handling 'contingencies' without real-time months of planning posts.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Question:
    Would an effect like stopping the spread of a shadowland, necesarily be the domain of a sorcerous working, or would it be something that could be considered possible as a high level geomancy project? (Mostly asking to determine if I am going to need to rejigger stuff to increase occult more)

I am imagining a storyline that involves my solar farmer's company attempting to obtain particular lands around the city, through various means of purchase, blackmail, force, etc. And then turning those manses into a matrix that resists the shadowland. Perhaps requiring a secret abyssal aspected manse in the city itself. Possible story extensions related to a manse being subverted or attacked.

Additional potential stories related to supplying rebel groups with funds and supplies

EDIT: It is at this point that I re-read the manse construction rules and realized that craft architecture is the only skill to be used in conjunction with craft geomancy to make a manse.

Query, can I use craft farming + craft geomancy to create a demense?
    I find this a bit confusing since there are examples of "manses" that do not involve structures at all.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2020-04-04 at 12:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

MonkGirl

Dancer is your character, I assume? She linked anywhere?
    Good question! She is my character, and she is not linked. I would prefer to not reveal her character sheet at this time, as she has some fun story angles to play that will work doubly well if the other players are in the dark. Valin has access to her character sheet, so he’ll know if I am fudging numbers.

I will say for the purpose of not stepping on creative toes, she’s a socialization/performance focused Fire aspect with some Martial arts. Her immediate role in any rebellion would be intrigue. I’ll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Sticks; 2020-04-03 at 09:56 PM.
    -Me

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I'm not at all done yet, but here's the start of a sheet. My background/intimacies so far are on a different device, and I've still got a few dots/choices to make here and there (and actually putting in dots rather than numbers), but this is more or less what I'm going for.

I am bad at names, good name idea coming soon
    Spoiler
    Show

Caste: No Moon
    Spirit Shape: Spider

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Strength ●●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Charisma [F] ●●●●●
    Manipulation ●●
    Appearance ●

Intelligence [C] ●●●●●
    Perception [C] ●●●●●
    Wits [F] ●●●●●

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Archery
    Martial Arts ●●●
    Melee
    Thrown
    War

Integrity ●●
    Performance
    Presence ●●●
    Resistance
    Survival ●●●

Craft ●●●
    Investigation
    Lore ●●●
    Medicine ●●●
    Occult ●●●●●

Athletics
    Awareness ●●●
    Dodge
    Larceny
    Stealth

Bureaucracy
    Linguistics
    Ride
    Sail
    Socialise

2 dots and specs tbd

Merits
    Spoiler
    Show

Greenfriend ●
    Esoteric Botany ●●●
    Ever-Blossoming Mastery ●●
    Heart's Blood ●●
    Languages ●● (Forestongue, Old Realm, [common language])

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show

Strength
    Excellency
    Ferocious Biting Tooth
    Grizzly Bear Embrace

Dexterity
    Excellency

Stamina
    Excellency
    Ox-Body Technique x2

Charisma
    Excellency

Intelligence
    Excellency
    Bone-Mending Technique
    Flesh-Sculpting Art
    Sharing Luna's Gifts
    Terrestrial Circle Sorcery

Perception
    Excellency
    Ever-Wary Fox Technique
    Piercing the Hidden Veil

Wits
    Excellency
    Pack Instinct Affirmation
    Squirrel's Cunning Technique
    Magpie's Nest Resourcefulness

1 charm tbd

Sorcery
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiation: Root-Lore
    Shaping Rituals:
    Thousand-Blossom Arts
    Spells:
    [control spell tbd]
    Summon Elemental

Heart's Blood
    Spoiler
    Show

One-Dot:
    4 tbd
    Badger, Beetle, Butterfly, Cat (housecat), Cat (jagurundi), Chameleon, Dog, Eagle, Ferret, Frog (poisonous), Mouse, Owl, Raiton, Sparrow, Stag, Squirrel, Swan, Trout, Viper, Wasp
    Two-Dot:
    Bear
    Gorilla
    Hellboar
    Horse
    Panther
    Quoll-Lion
    Three-Dot
    2 tbd
    Human
    Major
    None
    Minor
    None

Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Essence ●
    Personal:
    Peripheral:
    Willpower 6/6

Join Battle 8
    Dodge DV 3
    Parry DV 4
    Soak 3
    Hardness 0

Guile 1
    Resolve 4

Bonus Points/XP
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonus Points: 15/15
    9: Per 3-5
    4: Occult 4-5
    2: Willpower 6

XP: Regular 0 Lunar 0

Rough gist I'm going for is a Lunar more accustomed to the wilderness, a wandering wise man/shaman who would have otherwise left Thorns to it if he didn't come across a group of lost and sick/injured refugees from Thorns. While treating and helping them, he got invested in their story and what happened to Thorns and became convinced that it's a worthy cause to fight for - even if he's a complete outsider and the average citizen probably wouldn't trust him or his ways - and a better way of using the gifts Luna gave him than what he was already doing - even though he was solving problems and helping people before Thorns, he was still starting to feel like he could do more, and this is that opportunity.

Not sure what to do with regards to said people - whether to just say he left them somewhere safe and leave it for future story potential, say they wanted back into the city and leave them as purely ST characters rather than followers or retainers (either due to lack of personal pull, them just wanting a normal life now, or them just being good enough to be noted, given even Followers are pretty skilled) or to give my Lunar some level of followers/retainers/etc to represent them accompanying him and being useful. I'm kinda leaning towards the last one, at least partly because I want to get some use out of Sharing Luna's Gifts and the average revolutionary probably still wouldn't want to trust spooky anathema blood-based mutation magic and already having loyal dudes solves that issue (I was considering a beastman command at one point, but that's a bit too overt for our situation).
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2020-04-04 at 12:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

Okay, last few days since I expressed interest have been hectic, and I've been putting this off a bit as the most complicated system that I'm least familiar with, but I'll be working on getting my lunar together today.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scarlet Snow (Little Tiger) is a dawn bodyguard with melee supernal and some criminal ability.

The general idea is that she grew up in Thorns before it got occupied, but headed out to see the world as a hired guard. After hearing about the occupation she returned, but determined that it was too dangerous to enter the city and believing that somewhere out there she would find the strength needed to free the city. After awakening as a Solar and retrieving her daiklave, it is time to return to Thorns and liberate her home.

Edit: A focus on intrigue sounds good to me.
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-04-04 at 11:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: It is at this point that I re-read the manse construction rules and realized that craft architecture is the only skill to be used in conjunction with craft geomancy to make a manse.

Query, can I use craft farming + craft geomancy to create a demense?
    I find this a bit confusing since there are examples of "manses" that do not involve structures at all.
    Psst, the houserules make Craft all one ability, with what you can do with it depending on background like how Lore works. You don't need to take all those variations, which should make your life a little easier. Saves you seven ability dots, if nothing else.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Can Lunars at least use evocations with MA? They don't have brawl charms to combine with MA charms.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Question:
    Would an effect like stopping the spread of a shadowland, necesarily be the domain of a sorcerous working, or would it be something that could be considered possible as a high level geomancy project? (Mostly asking to determine if I am going to need to rejigger stuff to increase occult more)
    I'd allow it with Craft - there's precedence with the Syndics creation of shrines on the Travellers' Road.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Can Lunars at least use evocations with MA? They don't have brawl charms to combine with MA charms.
    Eh. I'll let it go - sure. :) At this point I just wanna see what you're after from this.