New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default What Is The Strongest Build

There are many many many ways to make a very powerful character in pathfinder, but what are the strongest builds of the format. Specifically I知 interested in the different combat styles (melee, long range, control magic, etc.). What does the best wizard look like in comparison to the strongest barbarian, ranger, or gunslinger. I know Zenith games have a collection, but I知 not sure how up to date those are.

Also, yes I know there are millions upon millions of ways to build a character and no one build is the best at everything (and that stats aren't a substitute for interesting RP or personal story). I know certain builds can derail a game if not handled with care. I know what I'm getting into, but I am still very curious as to what these top tier builds look like and how insanely strong they are when compared to the build of a new player.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Is The Strongest Build

This thread has a solid comparison at level 10 (because this is a more relevant comparison point than level 20).
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Painter wizard is the strongest build, because nothing can be as strong as something that can also make CR 20+ permanent minions that can also do anything those other builds can do. It's basically PF's pun-pun.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

dunno how it is these days but for decades it was called 20 levels of wizard lol