New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pursuing the Exiled Prince - Game Thread

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. Neither of us are particularly fit, so we'd likely just be a nuisance to Mr. Black. Besides, if the prince really is there, he'll make short work of anything. The man could carry an oak on his back if he wanted! How about we put on a show for some coin; my magic and your... er, what can you do?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zand The paunchy man flips his hand dismissively. "I have other protection," he says calmly. "If you know what's best you'll leave here empty-handed. I can easily identify you, you're quite ... distinctive ... in appearance."
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    LISTENING to a VANISHED GOD
    Mythistorical bundle

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you left handed or right? It doesn't really matter I guess. If you have no hands or a tongue how will you tell someone. " Zand says pulling his dagger out.

4. - Top - End - #124

In the mansion The prince rests the edge of his big twohander sword against the side of the merchant's neck.

The merchant leans sideways in his chair, but Cal Arath's blade sticks to him.

"Start with the fingers of his left hand," says the prince. "He needs his tongue to tell us where it is."
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    Mythistorical bundle

5. - Top - End - #125

In the Paddling Duck A booze-breathed buxom broad approaches Cara and Aveus. Leaning over Cara in an uncomfortably close way, she says to Aveus: "You a ... wizard? Like the robes. Des you do ... tricks? I do tricks!"
    Mythistorical bundle

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara Cara looks at the woman "We have no money for tricks but our show will be starting soon and if you can bring a crowd, we can split the profits three ways. "

Zand Zand moves to grab the man's left hand.

7. - Top - End - #127

In the mansion The merchant snatches his hand away and keeps moving it quickly around so that Zand can't get a grip. The prince scoffs and wiggles his sword so that a trickle of blood begins to ooze down the merchant's neck. The merchant cries out a little shriek. "Stop! Please! The box. I'll show you the box!"

Cal Arath takes a half step back, lifting his blade from the merchant's neck. A line of blood remains to show where it rested. "Get up," he says calmly.

The merchant shakily shoves himself out of his chair, nearly falling against the finely-set table. He staggers around the table toward a doorway opposite the one you came in.

Within a few minutes, you are looking at a hefty iron-plated box with several locks. It sits in a small closet that opens on the merchant's bedroom, where his wife or concubine crouches wrapped in silken blankets on the bed, staring wide-eyed and open mouthed at Zand and the prince.

Urfan and the other ruffians have stayed out of sight.

What do you do?

In the Paddling Duck "Su...ure," slurs the woman. "M'a Dala. Who you?"
    Mythistorical bundle

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Aveus was dumbfounded by the sheer nerve of this strange drunken harlot. To come before a wizard and ask if he could do "tricks" would be like asking a dragon if he had any spare change. The answer is "Yes." accompanied with excessive amounts of fire. Before he could set her mouth alight, though, Cara answered her with what Aveus was beginning to suspect was characteristic obliviousness. Now Aveus was forced to be reasonable, which grated at his nerves.

"Aveus the Clever." said Aveus through gritted teeth.

9. - Top - End - #129

The Paddling Duck "Ooh you have a nick-name! They call me Dala Bosoms..." she wiggled her shoulders and jiggled. "Really, you want me to hype your show?" The woman abruptly seemed less drunk and more alert. The slurring of her speech had markedly diminished.
    Mythistorical bundle

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara Cara smiled at the woman as her speech improved. " I shall sing and maybe a musician will decide to help out, you may dance . Aveus can do his part and maybe he can make you part of his show and make you disappear. "

Zand Zand sheathed his dagger and went to pick up the box. He stopped and looked at his prince. "Maybe we should take our cut before handing it over. No honor among thieves. "

11. - Top - End - #131

The Paddling Duck Dala Bosoms smiled slyly. "I'll get to it, then," she said.

The buxom harlot began to move through the room, pausing at each table to say a few animated words with gestures toward Cara and Aveus.

The Mansion "Good point," said the prince, "but then we'll need to get out." He looked toward the wide window of the bedroom, which was on the second level of the mansion. "Get in the bed," he said to the merchant. Going to the window, he slashed down the silken curtains with a stroke of his sword and peered out the opening. "There's a roof below," he said, "an easy drop, maybe four feet down. You go ahead and I'll pass you the chest. Then I'll follow."

"Help!" cried the merchant.
    Mythistorical bundle

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara Cara stands up and starts to sing just loud enough for the closest tables to hear. An old tavern song about a drunken lad and the bear in the den. As she gets to the second verse, she points to the hairiest man at the table and exclaimed there's his son now.

Zand Zand climbs out the window, hanging from his arms and jumps down to the ground. He looks around and then whistles to the prince.

13. - Top - End - #133

The mansion - outside Cal Arath hands the heavy strongbox down to Zand. It is a weighty, jingly armful. A moment later the big man thumps down to the roof, swings himself over the edge, and drops to the ground. "Pass down the box!" he calls up.
    Mythistorical bundle

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Aveus panics, being unprepared to start so suddenly. Rather frantically, he conjures up a rudimentary pair of bear ears on the hairy man's head, hoping beyond hope that he finds it funny rather than insulting.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbius View Post
    The mansion - outside Cal Arath hands the heavy strongbox down to Zand. It is a weighty, jingly armful. A moment later the big man thumps down to the roof, swings himself over the edge, and drops to the ground. "Pass down the box!" he calls up.
    [Who is Cal Arath talking to?]

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    [Who is Cal Arath talking to?]
    I thought Zand was still on the roof ... we'll move the action onward though, it was a pointless pause.

The two men abscond from the mansion with the strongbox, not sure which way to go.

"It's that way back to the town," says the prince as they hasten away from the mansion with the heavy strongbox carried on his muscular shoulder. "I think you said that Cara was with you, and Aveus. I can't go into town, it's too likely I will be recognized. But I can keep the box safe outside of town - in a cave I know in the hills. It's near the stream that you'll cross on the way to the town. I'll go upstream when we get to the little bridge. Once you get Cara and Aveus, you should meet me at the cave tomorrow morning - or even later tonight."

After a few minutes, they reach the stream. From back in the direction of the mansion, they hear confused shouting.

What does Zand do?
    Mythistorical bundle

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Zand Zand makes his way to the Paddling Duck and waits in corner not even getting Cara or Aveus attention. He will wait for one of them to go to the out house or to their room.

18. - Top - End - #138

As Zand arrives, Cara is belting out a song while Aveus sits next to her fumbling with his hands. Just as Zand takes his seat in a corner far from his companions, he hears a roar of laughter. Looking up, he sees that a big burly bearded man has leaped to his feet and is clutching his head with both hands. Closer look shows that the man is fumbling with a pair of big bear ears that have sprouted from his curly hair.

"Get 'em off me! Get 'em off me!" bellows the man.
    Aveus needs to make a Magic roll to successfully vanish the ears. This is a one-shot roll.
    Mythistorical bundle

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Aveus quickly realizes that that was a stupid move and tries to undo the ears, which would be a lot easier if the man would just hold still for a second.

Magic roll
    (2d6)[1][5](6)

20. - Top - End - #140

The ears vanish from the burly man's head, which is a good thing, because it seemed like he was starting to cry. His table mates mostly are laughing at him, though one lays a hand on his arm and offers him a drink. People in the establishment begin to fling silver pennies toward Cara and Aveus.
    Gain 1 Wealth ...
    ... do any of you have a trait or skill that would enable you to notice someone sneaky?
    Mythistorical bundle

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Looking through everyone's sheets, not really. Scrying would be closest, but that would require active use of it, which hasn't been warranted.

22. - Top - End - #142

ok - just roll 1d6 for each character please
    Mythistorical bundle

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Sure thing.

(1d6)[3](3)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara (1d6)[5]
    Zand (1d6)[2]

25. - Top - End - #145

As she takes a deep breath before launching into her next song, Cara notices a rough-looking man with a stubbly face and a bald head. He has just stepped furtively through the door of the tavern and makes his way to a seat facing the door. He appears to be scanning the room.
    Mythistorical bundle

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara Cara scans the crowd trying to find out what the other guy is looking for.

ZandZand sees that Cara is looking around. He try's to get a serving girl so he can tell her to talk to Cara.

27. - Top - End - #147

does the bald guy notice Zand? yn: [2d6=2, 6]
    does Zand notice the bald guy? yyn [3d6=2, 1, 1]

Following Cara's gaze, Zand sees a familiar face - the stubbly bald guy from the warehouse. He has his profile turned to Zand, who is seated further into the corner of the room. His attention is fixed on the door, apparently he hasn't considered that Zand might have gotten here first (presuming he's looking for Zand). But he is positioned so that Zand can't get up or leave without being noticed.
    Mythistorical bundle

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Zand Zand waits for a serving girl to get close and then asks her to cause a seen so he can move away from his hiding spot and meet her around the back.

29. - Top - End - #149

"A scene!" shrieks the serving girl ... right in Zand's face. "A scene?! What ... do you think I'm an actress?"

Everyone in the place turns and looks, including the bald stubbly guy. He doesn't otherwise move, just smiles directly at Zand. He's missing a tooth. The smile becomes a savage sneer. He swings his legs around and leans back with his elbows on the table, very casual. I'm right here, says the bald man's posture. Can you get past me?
    Mythistorical bundle

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Zand Zand looks back at the guy and hopes Cara will see who he is looking at.