New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

Jens

Nodding to Flair at his suggestions, Jens will begin healing Jaume. "We will do this in stages so I don't over heal. Tell me how you feel after each application and I can adjust the dosage as we go. I will start with a full strength heal. As for basing your behaviour off of an audio-visual hallucination I forgive you. We all have a history of mental health issues if our amnesia is anything to go by and I am unsure how the alternate dimension we were in further complicates the issue. I doubt it was a healthy influence if there was any interaction at all." Jens says as he heads to the back of the group and begins healing Jaume.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Natural Healing at 4 PP for 12 HP healed on brother Jaume

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Jens, with myself now a part of the collective, could I perform a healing burst to affect everyone and then you direct it back to me? You mentioned something to that affect awhile ago, but I don’t remember putting it use”
    The big man scratches his beard thoughtfully.
    “I am still injured after that last healing. Maybe 60% of full health.”
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2020-07-06 at 12:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Seeing that Jaume is still wounded, Maeni summons more healing power, then looks at Flair with a smirk.

"You're better at the backside, aren't you ?"

Show
    Casting Cure Light Wounds once or twice to get Jaume back to fighting shape. Two only if he obviously still needs it.

(1d8+3)[4]

(1d8+3)[10]
    Last edited by silphael; 2020-07-06 at 12:50 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

"No, unfortunately I cannot do that Jaume." Jens tries to explain, "I can redirect healing from one person to another, but the amount I can transfer seems to be limited to the magnitude of the effect which caused the healing. For instance, if you released your burst, I could redirect the energy from one or more targets of the burst who are in the collective, but I cannot fuse the energy from those together into one person for that would exceed the magnitude of the original effect."

After that explanation, Jens releases another full power heal at Jaume.

Show
    4 PP converted to 12 HP to Jaume with Natural Healing.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair smirked. "I've done a lot of good work from the back side, I can assure you."
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-07-06 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Jens = Natural Healing at 4 PP for 12 HP healed on brother Jaume
    When Jens does this, it freaks Brother Jaume out, because as Jens concentrates and puts healing into him, a host of spectral figures surround Jens, crying out in anger and pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Casting Cure Light Wounds once or twice to get Jaume back to fighting shape. Two only if he obviously still needs it.
    He only needs one. It doesn't fully heal him, but it is enough that he does not "obviously ... need it."
    Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    After that explanation, Jens releases another full power heal at Jaume.
    Show
    4 PP converted to 12 HP to Jaume with Natural Healing.
    Jens sees how close Brother Jaume is after only one CLW from Maeni, and only needs one effect of natural healing at base power to heal him .... though again the apparitions crying out in anguish and sorrow surround Brother Jaume again.

Dorn looks to Jens after that double-dreadful display. "What .... what was that about?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

"I believe that was a visual display of his psionic power." Flair said, doing his best to defuse the situation "Unlike more common magicks, psionics don't have verbal or somatic components, but rather they have displays that announce their manifestation. It's possible that that vision that convinced you to abjure his collective was such a display."

8. - Top - End - #308

Dorn is confused for a split-second. "You mean, what caused Brother Jaume to not want to be in the collective?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Be that true, it is damn disturbing and I would prefer if you abstained from using your “powers” on or near me.” Brother Jaume says to Jens.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

”I can attempt to suppress the display if it disturbs you so much.” Jens says testily, “Honestly though I am curious why it is my power which disturbs you so when it is all that is supernatural which disturbs me. People should not have the ability to alter reality at a whim as we do. People should not be able to fire off gouts of flame, commune with spiritual entities, or heal themselves or others at speeds visible to the naked eye. It spits in the face of ever having a rational comprehension of reality when it can be warped in an instant with enough will and power.”

11. - Top - End - #311

The party moves forward with the marching order mentioned (in Discord), and Brother Jaume's staff intended to light the way. As the party gets to the front of the cave mouth, Dorn stops them, seeing a well-concealed multi-tripwire trap. He looks to Flair. "You are the smartest of us. Do you think you can bypass or disarm it?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair shook his head. "I don't really have any formal training on that, but even if I did, I don't have the proper tools, and with something as precise as a trap's mechanisms, there's no way. Our best bet is probably to stand back and try to trigger it from a distance."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“I could probably set it off from far enough away to avoid harm but it might alert who set it. Can we find a way past it safely?”

BJ will see if he can find a work around.

14. - Top - End - #314

Brother Jaume goes up and with his quarterstaff tries to look around but ends up tripping the trap with his staff. Several blades pop out, one of which hits the friar for 8.

Brother Jaume, you feel a numbing sensation at the site of the wound, despite the deep cut.

Roll a Fortitude save ...
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Bloody Hell!” hisses Brother Jaume as he flinches back from the painful attack.
    He tries to resist the numbing effect.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fort save - (1d20+8)[25]

16. - Top - End - #316

The numbing effect dissipates, but hey, the trap is disarmed!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair was just about to warn Jaume that the pole didn't look long enough, but seeing as the damage was already done, he motioned to Jens to see if he could patch the Brother up.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Shaking his head at the danger prone friar’s antics, Jens sends a pulse of healing his way focusing even harder to preform the feat without external display.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Natural Healing for 2PP which will heal 6 to Jaume. Concentration to mute display: (1d20+8)[15] vs dc 16

19. - Top - End - #319

In attempting to be sensitive to the danger prone friar's pecadillo regarding creepy displays of power, Jens' power fizzles, and with it ... 2 PP.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ takes a moment to pray for healing before making sure the trap presents no further threat.
    Spoiler
    Show

spam CLW up to 2 times as needed until healed up to full. Start using 1st level spell slots from top of order.
    1 - (1d8+3)[8]
    2 - (1d8+3)[5]

21. - Top - End - #321

Brother Jaume only needs to use one spell to fully heal himself. Now what?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Using the previous marching order, BJ moves forward with glowing quarter staff held out to light the way into the tunnel.

23. - Top - End - #323

There is a dark, limestone cavern that smells of mulch to the west, and a wooden barricade of small tree trunks lashed together with thick twine sealing the entrance to a larger entrance to the north. What do you do?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The big man scratches his beard. “Got a crude barrier here. I could probably batter it down, but someone should check it for traps or quieter means of entrance.”

25. - Top - End - #325

"Or, we could go left first where there is no barrier," says Dorn.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Someone is trying very hard to keep people out of this place. If they did not barricade that way, then it is because they were not worried about people going that way. No, the barricade is definitely the right way to go.”
    BJ will set down his staff and grip the tough hewn timbers of the barricade. If there is room in the cave to allow it, he will enlarge. Either way, he will test his strength against the structure, trying to pull it free.
    Spoiler
    Show

test strength to pull out the trunks. Enlarge first if room allows.

27. - Top - End - #327

Dorn steps to the side so Brother Jaume can get the barricade. He moves to the west of him and looks into the dank cave and comments, "I don't see much in here, anyway."

As for Brother Jaume, there are actually wooden loops attached to this heavy barricade for the purpose of being able to open the barricade. At 400 pounds, it is a heavy affair, but super-sized he is able to set it to the western wall of the cavern inside. The small cave system within opens into a large chamber with a sooty ceiling.

Also, there are four canine creatures that don't look quite right staring right at the good brother, who at oversize, looks like an even more delicious meal.

Surprise Round ...

S19: Jens, amazingly, sensed something amiss just as Brother Jaume stepped in and put the barricade to the side. You see two weird canine creatures and a woman with a spear and a flame in her hand behind them. This is a surprise round, so only a MA or SA, not both. What do you do?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Reacting quickly, Jens takes note of the dogs that bar the way, but dismisses attacking them as Jaume is usually rather good at receiving and dealing physical punishment. The woman at the back of the beasts then catches Jen's eyes. There were rumors about a witch living here, perhaps it is her?

Either way, Jens locks onto her and lashes out with his power attempting to wrest some control of her body from her.

Show
    Standard action: Manifesting Collapse at 3PP to add staggered to prone on a failed Fort save. Since I spent 2 additional PP on the power the DC is raised to 16.
    No attempts at hiding the auditory display.

29. - Top - End - #329

S19: Reacting quickly, Jens takes note of the dogs that bar the way, but dismisses attacking them as Jaume is usually rather good at receiving and dealing physical punishment. The woman at the back of the beasts then catches Jen's eyes. There were rumors about a witch living here, perhaps it is her?

Either way, Jens locks onto her and lashes out with his power attempting to wrest some control of her body from her. Low, whispering voices fill the area, speaking in what sounds like a long-lost language, as if they were ghosts or apparitions from another age. The woman loses her balance and falls to the ground.

S19: One of the strange-looking canines moves up and then a burst of dust explodes outwards from it in all directions. Dorn seems unaffected.

S15: Brother Jaume, you go back to regular size.
    Show
    Okay, first, I need you to tell me which of the four squares becomes the one that Brother Jaume occupies.
    Next, I need you to roll me a Fort save.
    Then, let me know what you do, as you noticed these things just as you set the barricade against the wall. As always, this is a surprise round, so you get a SA or a MA, not both.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Regular sized BJ takes a defensive stance and shouts, “We only want to talk!”. He then grows large once more, blocking the cave entrance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Growth . Total defense.