New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

R3T8: Now on her feet, Vilma swim-walks toward the shore.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T25:
    Brother Jaume, you are blinded right now, but you are sure the thing is where it was before. What do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume stumbles back a couple of steps before looking up to the sky hoping the rain can clear his vision before wiping his eyes with a damp sleeve.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

5 ft move back
    Attempt to clear vision.

3. - Top - End - #723

R4T25: Brother Jaume stumbles back a couple of steps, but being unable to see and the slick deck opened him to an attack, and he gets nipped on the chest for 2. Brother Jaume looks up to the sky, hoping the rain can clear his vision before wiping his eyes with a damp sleeve.
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume
    Show
    First, yeah, when you can't see, movement is double, so no five-foot free move.

Next, I do like what you did there with the rain. It was inventive and clever. On the other hand, you had a "critical fail" the first time round. So, I had you succeed on a Heal check which boosted a second save. This doesn't clear your vision, but dropped the remaining duration by half. If you tried it again, you could clear it. Note that this is not just a visual occlusion, or would be easier to resolve. The fluid the mouther spits out is a type of low-grade acid.

R4T18: Wren gets clear of the inner section of the pier and shouts, muffled some by the rain, but blaring over the collective as well: "Help! I can't swim! Help!"

R4T17: Jens, what do you do?
    Spoiler: Jens
    Show
    Because of the rain, you don't see Brother Jaume well enough to see what he's doing at your distance, and he didn't mention his distress had returned, so Jens doesn't know Brother Jaume has been blinded (again).

Gibbering mouther on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair made a split second decision. He tepe'd Jens "I'll get Wren" before turning towards the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Looking through the rain at the barely visible figures fighting in the distance Jens let's his doubts be heard over the collective.
    Spoiler: Jens >>> Collective
    Show
    "Yeah... If the plan relies on my accuracy we are in trouble. I guess I could try..."

His telepathy cuts off as Jens moves forward with an idea in mind. Back to where he was moments ago he focuses on the creature and fights against it's nervous system.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move diagonally right and up one square and then two more squares up using half speed movement. (Basically retracing his path from last turn to avoid Flair's space)

Assuming that his new position restores LOS and LOE to the creature, manifest Involuntary Bodily Function Augmented to 4 PP. Creature (assuming it is living and thus a valid target) must make a Fort save DC 15 or be nauseated for 4 minutes. If it fails the Fort save it also requires a Reflex at the same DC or fall prone.

6. - Top - End - #726

Flair made a split second decision. He tepe'd Jens "I'll get Wren" before turning towards the water.

R4T17: Looking through the rain at the barely visible figures fighting in the distance Jens let's his doubts be heard over the collective.
    Show
    "Yeah... If the plan relies on my accuracy, we are in trouble. I guess I could try..."
    His telepathy cuts off as Jens moves forward with an idea in mind. Back to where he was moments ago he focuses on the creature and fights against it's nervous system. Its amorphous nervous system is a riot, however, and Jens is unable to affect its body.

R4T14: The gibbering mouther glorps across the deck to bite Brother Jaume for 2. The cleric only barely manages to keep from being held. It shapes its body to have a section on the side not be blocked by the rotund rounder, and a stream of green acid hits Jens in the eye, blinding him with a burning pain!

R4T13: Flair, what do you do?

Dorn on deck, Vilma in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair dove into the water, doing his best to grab Wren and drag him to one of the supports.
    Show
    Jump into the water and attempt to help get Wren to the supports. You know, the logs the pier is built on. I don't know if there's a specific name for them.
    If the die result is greater than 8, I will use inspiration. If the inspiration result is less than 4, I will also use Daring Inspiration.
    (1d20-1)[6] + (1d6)[2] (1d6)[3]
    EDIT: WELP
    Last edited by digiman619; 2021-01-26 at 08:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728

R4T13: Flair dove into the water, but was surprised when his own ineptness and inability to swim kept him under waves and with no forward progression towards Wren.

R4T12: A few feet below him, Flair sees Dorn's warhammer lighting the water (and Vilma's shield behind him), as Dorn uses the piling to help him maintain forward progress and slightly up the sediment-ridden bottom as he is now underneath Flair (no gap).
    Spoiler: Dorn >>> Collective (Flair)
    Show
    "Why? Oh, why are you in the water now, Flair?"

R4T8: Vilma, what do you do? Flair is directly above Dorn (slight incline where Dorn is), and Dorn 10' from you. Meanwhile, Wren flails in the water by the pier 10' behind and 10' above you.

Brother Jaume on deck, Wren in the hole.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Worried about Wren, Vilma keeps walking toward the shore.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "Throw a rope ?"
    Last edited by silphael; 2021-01-27 at 03:15 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

10. - Top - End - #730

R4T8: Worried about Wren, Vilma keeps walking toward the shore.
    Spoiler: Vilma >>> Collective
    Show
    "Throw a rope?"

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T25:
    Brother Jaume, what do you do? You are currently blinded.

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Blinded, the portly friar scrubs his eyes again with his sleeve. With his sight restored, he takes several quick swings at the creature and a 5 foot move back.
    Show

if cleaning eyes takes an action, abort the attack. Take five foot step. Full defense.
    FAA, flurry of blows, ki strike(magic), buy extra attack 1 ki, risky strike.
    to hit#1 - (1d20+6)[17]
    to dam#1 - (1d8+9)[10]
    to hit#2 - (1d20+6)[24]
    to dam#2 - (1d8+9)[10]
    to hit#3 - (1d20+6)[23]
    to dam#3 - (1d8+9)[15]

12. - Top - End - #732

R5T25: Blinded, the portly friar scrubs his eyes again with his sleeve and the rainwater, but in doing so he is attacked by the mouther as it bites him in the groin for 4 but fails to hold him. Jaume's efforts find success and he stumbles back on the wet boards, the mouther already spent in its attack on the now unblinded Jaume as he has a little perspective ... which includes a blinded Jaume standing right behind him now.

R5T18: Wren is on the surface, and at the risk of sinking stops treading water to concentrate ... at which point he then turns into a misty form of himself that extrudes from the water! It seems that however Wren turned into a little cloudy version of himself ... looking like the myrad other curls of misty vapor in the rain ... he no longer needs a rescue.

R5T17: Jens, you are blinded. What do you do?

Gibbering mouther on deck, Flair on deck (but 5' below surface) ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Not trusting himself to move on the slick pier while blinded, Jens remains in place and speaks over the collective.

Show
    "Argh! It blinded me! Let me know if you need healing I'm not good for much else until I can see."

Jens prepares to manifest healing should an ally request it.

Show
    Readied action to Manifest Natural Healing over the collective to an ally that asks for it. Spending 3 PP for 9 Healing.

14. - Top - End - #734

R5T13: Flair, you saw Wren suddenly discorporate, but you don't see him now. Meanwhile, you are underwater. What do you do?

Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair had questions about Wren's sudden departure from the water. Right now, however, the important part was getting to the pier's supports; once he had something solid to grab ahold of, he could position himself back to the shore.
    Show
    Swim check. If the result is a 7 or better, I will use inspiration, and I'm going to use one of my Daring Inspriations.
    (1d20-1)[13] + ( (1d6)[5] or (1d6)[6] )

16. - Top - End - #736

R5T13-12: Flair had questions about Wren's sudden departure from the water. Right now, however, the important part was getting to the pier's supports; once he had something solid to grab ahold of, he could position himself back to the shore. He successfully rights himself, gets his head above water, and doggy-paddles towards shore using the pilings to help him. Meanwhile, directly below him and now almost to a point where Flair could stand on him, Dorn walks up the incline of the bottom.

R5T8: Vilma, what do you do?

Brother Jaume on deck, Wren in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Vilma keeps walking toward the shore, kinda lacking other options for now.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "The pier is far too fragile, keep pulling back !"

Show
    She keeps walking to the shore/wall.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

18. - Top - End - #738

R5T8: Vilma keeps walking toward the shore, kinda lacking other options for now.
    Spoiler: Vilma >>> Collective
    Show
    "The pier is far too fragile, keep pulling back!"

Her transmission is followed by someone else whimpering telepathically. "Voices, voices...."

Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T25:
    Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens ....
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: BJ>>>Collective
    Show

“Jens, use the rain water and your clothing to clear your eyes. Then move back.”

BJ swings at the gibbering horror.
    Spoiler
    Show

FAA, Flurry of blows, natural attacks punch, ki strike (magic), extra attack +1 ki, risky strikes. Stunning blow first attack only.
    to hit#1 - (1d20+6)[14]
    to dam#1 - (1d8+9)[15]
    to hit#2 - (1d20+6)[26]
    to dam#2 - (1d8+9)[13]
    to hit#3 - (1d20+6)[13]
    to dam#3 - (1d8+9)[16]

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: crit confirmation
    Show

(1d20)[13]
    more text to make this a valid post.

21. - Top - End - #741

R6T25:
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume >>> Collective (Jens)
    Show
    “Jens, use the rain water and your clothing to clear your eyes. Then move back.”
    Brother Jaume puts his connection into the first knee strike, but only glumps into its wriggly hide. He lost his ability to wreak havoc on its nervous system, but he chambers the foot farther back and having checked it with the first attack lets fly a devastating kick that even results in a satisfying crunch of the keratinized teeth of a mouth, but does 13. He lets out a quick jab, but is mainly preoccupied with the thought that he should have struck more keenly, and that perhaps this creature's strange makeup makes it immune to blows that would fell another.

R6T18:
    Spoiler: Wrens >>> Collective
    Show
    "Get out of my mind!" comes Wren's collective 'shout.'

R6T17: Jens, what do you do? You do recognize that Wren .... who seemed fine with the collective briefly before, seems to be attempting to leave it (but is failing).

Gibbering mouther on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Listening to the Friar, Jens attempts to clear his vision and move back to shore.

Show
    If still blind: Use whatever action necessary + water to clear eyes. If actions remain available afterword. Move at half speed toward shore.

If no longer blind: Double move at half speed to shore.

23. - Top - End - #743

R6T17: Listening to the Friar, Jens attempts to clear his vision, his medical expertise and the rain giving him success! He then moves carefully towards the shore.

R6T14: The mouther sends spittle at Brother Jaume, who dodges, but then attacks him with many mouths. Three mouths glom onto Brother Jaume for 8 total, but doesn't get to latch on.

R6T13: Flair, what do you do?

Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that his head was above the water, Flair took a deep breath as he brought his legs to the support, which now that he could breathe he remembered was called a piling. He sent a telepathic message to the rest of the party before kicking off of the piling in order to grab onto the next one, effectively shimmying his way across until it got shallow enough to walk out of.
    Spoiler: tepe
    Show
    "Wren, it's okay. You're not crazy, the collective just allows us to communicate telepathically. Jens, let him out and get that thing off this pier."

Show
    Swim check, using inspiration.
    (1d20)[19] + (1d6)[5]

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Barely seeing the one in front of her raising out, she keeps advancing.

Show
    Don't really have a lot of other options, so...

26. - Top - End - #746

[QUOTE=lostsole31;24910287]R6T13: Now that his head was above the water, Flair took a deep breath as he brought his legs to the support, which now that he could breathe he remembered was called a piling. He sent a telepathic message to the rest of the party before kicking off of the piling in order to grab onto the next one, effectively shimmying his way across until it got shallow enough that he could just put his feet down and not worry about drowning.
    Spoiler: Flair >>> Collective
    Show
    "Wren, it's okay. You're not crazy, the collective just allows us to communicate telepathically. Jens, let him out and get that thing off this pier."

R6T12: Dorn moves some and is now almost out of the water, side-by-side with Flair, his head just poking up as he gets a breath.

R6T8: Barely seeing the one in front of her raising out, she keeps advancing.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T25:
    Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Wren on deck, Jens in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-01 at 11:31 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume retreats to shore, moving carefully.
    Show

withdraw at half speed to dry land and no further.

28. - Top - End - #748

R7T25: Brother Jaume retreats to shore, moving carefully, while also going around Jens instead of past him (in his square) so as not to have his heavy body break the boards.

R7T18: Wren is no longer part of the collective. Still, because his dagger was lit, there is a strange ethereal glow over the water moving SW.

R7T17: Jens, what do you do?

Mouther on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-01 at 11:31 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair stands, his feet now on, well, not dry land per se, but enough that drowning was no longer immediate threat. Knowing that there were party members under water, he stretched his arm out as far as it could and tepe'd "Vilma, grab my hand!",hoping to grab ahold of her and pull her out of the water.
    Show
    Use my Pugnacious trait to increase my reach to 10 feet and grapple Vilma. If grapple is successful, move 10 south (as I can move half my speed controlling the grapple) so she's out of the water.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Moving cautiously off the pier, Jens will plant his feet on terra firma and ready himself for the approaching Monster.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Move action: move half speed to the square SE of Juame.

Standard action: Ready an action to Earth Blast the creature of many mouthes.

Attack: (1d20+7)[12] With PBS (unaltered earthy blasts are always point blank)
    Damage: (2d6+7)[14] with PBS