New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

Brother Jaume, beneath the pier where the rusted bucket sits is a wrapped bundle that is pretty easy for you to find. It's a hard rain and a miserable environment. Do you gather up the bundle, or do you open up the bundle in the rain and start going over stuff and getting whatever's in there wet?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will gather up the bundle and return to the group.
    “Lets go back to the inn and dry off. I need a dry location to open this up and maybe we’ll find Wren there.”

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Once they were out of the rain, Flair pauses the group, and turns to the party. "Okay, now that we've gotten everything settled as best we can and are out of the driving rain, I can say this." He walks up to the still soggy Juame and angrily pokes his finger at him. "What part of 'fall back' did you think meant 'Continue to stand there and attack it?'" He turned and pointed that finger at Jens. "And what part of 'hold your fire' did you think meant 'attack is as I retreat'? "

"We were in a bad position and rather than do the smart thing and get off the pier, you continued to fight there. This whole mess could have been avoided, as I was totally able to talk it out of the fight. If you had listened to me, you" he pokes Jaume again "wouldn't have been injured, and Wren wouldn't have had that panic attack and fled." He sighed. "I guess it's the last part that frustrates me so, as the while you're the only one that took any lasting damage from that encounter, you also are the reason I was able to talk it down, as it was in range when you channeled energy to heal yourself."

He rubs his eyes, already tired from the day's events. "Listen, when I say I have a plan, trust me, okay?"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ scratches his beard as Jen’s outburst dies down?
    “Yeah, so it all happened so fast. I wanted to retreat but there were party members in my way and I was blinded most of the time when that beasty spit in my face. We just need more tactical combat experience working as a team. We will do better the more we work together.”
    Back in his room, Brother Jaume dries and then unwraps the mysterious package.
    “Let is see what clues you hold my friend.”

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Nodding half-heartedly to Flair’s complaints, Jens follows Juame to see what they risked life and limb for.

6. - Top - End - #786

So does Dorn, and I imagine Flair and Vilma? I really doubt they had that battle, so Brother Jaume with the bundle and were like "Nah, it's good, brother. You go check out your birthday gift just to you. And yet, in Brother Jaume's and Dorn's room, Brother Jaume opens the bundle in view of the party to find something that does seem to suggest that well, it DOES seem like this bundle once belonged to Brother Jaume - specifically, a wand.

Here is what there is, and what is determined when all resources are brought to bear...
    Potion of nondetection
    Scroll of protection from energy [sonic]
    Wand of Death Knell
    [18 charges] - with the initials "B.J.P.B."
    120 gp
    6 pp
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume Pau Brodeur
    Show
    Finding and identifying this bundle triggers a brief flash of memory for Brother Jaume. He recalls a more fond relationship with Keldren, but the details are still foggy. He also recalls bundling up the equipment and sneaking down to the dock after a sunset to stash it, but is left with an unclear recollection as to why.

2 SAN restored.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-02-12 at 01:14 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Ahhh! Seeing this equipment does stir some memories of hiding this bundle. I feel better knowing that it is possible to regain some of what we have lost. I am also concerned that the stories we have heard about our past lives (and the evil spells that this wand carries) lead me to believe that my former self was in fact, a villain.”
    The normally cheerful monk looks despondent over the prospect.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair puts his hand on the monk's shoulder. "Who you were matters far less than who you are now. And who you are now is who you choose to be. You can't delete your past, but it doesn't have to define your future." He points at Jaume's holy symbol. "Besides, Erastil is a god of both law and good; if you were that vile before we got tangled in this mess, would you still have his favor?"

9. - Top - End - #789

Okay, what now?

Brother Jaume, what will you do with the equipment you found? Claim it for yourself? Share it out? Burn it with the memory of the right bastard you were before?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“At least we have some funds to reconcile our debts here at the inn. I would like to keep the wand so that it’s evil will not be a burden to another. The rest can be divided amongst our group.”

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

"I will accept your generosity Jaume." Jens says as Jaume volunteers to share the wealth, "Though I feel like if we are to continue to put our selves into life threatening situations, it may be best for me to invest in armor of some sort."

"Well, with the weather being what it is, I don't see myself patronizing a store today for armor." Jens sighs before he resumes speaking, "Before anything else though, anyone else require healing? I know Jaume did that burst earlier, but did that fix everyone up?"

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair accepted the proffered funds. "I think that Jaume was the only one it actually manage to get a hold of. Most of the rest of us had to worry about not drowning." For comedic effect, he tilted his head and shook, as if to get water out of his ear. "But the only other major thing on our docket was making sure to find our fisherman friend so he can take us out to the island tomorrow so we can recover our stuff. It probably wouldn't hurt to do a little bit of shopping before we finish the day, though."

13. - Top - End - #793

The only one still wounded is Brother Jaume (~60%). It is about noon.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Thank you for the concern and kind words, Flair. Erastil will heal my wounds Jens.”
    Brother Jaume will pray for healing.
    Spoiler
    Show

swap hold person for a CMW
    and mighty fist of the earth CLW if needed.
    you can roll

15. - Top - End - #795

By the time Brother Jaume has finished with his two spells, there is only the faintest yellowed area of a contusion remaining.

What now?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair nods approvingly at Jaume's recovery. "Well, I would like to get some shopping done before we try and find Mr. Remsatter. I got my crossbow back, but am currently out of bolts for it."

17. - Top - End - #797

Do folks go shopping with Flair?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will join Flair to window shop for a long bow of strength that he has been dreaming about.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens goes along with the shopping group looking for what armor is available.

20. - Top - End - #800

After asking around, the group is directed to the east of town to Binter's Smithy.

The center of Thrushmoor’s tiny dwarven community, the town’s smithy has been in business since it was repopulated in the wake of the Thrushmoor Vanishing. Nowadays the workshop is run by Kletta Binter (female dwarf), who inherited it from distant relations who had run it for almost four centuries. A bit lazy and disorganized for a dwarf, Binter is more inclined toward creative handicraft rather than the noble (and lucrative) art of weaponsmithing. For this reason, she produces quaint ornaments such as lamps made from old copper pots and vases created with scrapped lead tiles, which she displays on the lawn in front of the workshop. The smithy has more than one anvil, and other dwarves pay Binter a modest fee to use one, which keeps the business afloat despite flagging sales of her odd wares.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair greets the Dwarven proprietor. "Good morrow, madam. I was directed to your shop as the smithy in town. I'm looking for a brazier, and I was hoping you might have something that would help. Also, my friend here was wondering if you happened to have any armor for sale, though as I understand, that's less of your area of expertise"

22. - Top - End - #802

"Got a thurible. 'sat work?" the dwarven woman asks. "Got no armor, though."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair pauses, going over the ceremony that he needs it for. While not ideal, it should do the trick. "Yes, actually. How much are you looking to get for it?"

24. - Top - End - #804

"Fifty gold," she says.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair weighs his options. 50 gold was a lot, about a quarter of their current funds. That more than his share, even if he put the 10 he got from the artist into it. Add to the fact that he still needs to pick up bolts and pay Mr. Remsatter to take them back to the island, and all in all, it was more than he could reasonably swing at the moment. He then turns to the Dwarf. "I've only got about 36 gold on me, and I won't insult your art by trying to haggle for it. Can I ask that you hold on to it for me for a day? I should be able to access some more funds by tomorrow afternoon."

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Excuse me, artisan, but do you know where we might find a store selling bows and arrows?” asks a humble Brother Jaume.

27. - Top - End - #807

Flair weighs his options. 50 gold was a lot, about a quarter of their current funds. That more than his share, even if he put the 10 he got from the artist into it. Add to the fact that he still needs to pick up bolts and pay Mr. Remsatter to take them back to the island, and all in all, it was more than he could reasonably swing at the moment. He then turns to the Dwarf. "I've only got about 36 gold on me, and I won't insult your art by trying to haggle for it. Can I ask that you hold on to it for me for a day? I should be able to access some more funds by tomorrow afternoon."
    "Sure," she says, "but that ain't no contract. Someone really wants it from me and offers better and cash up front, they got it. I doubt that's gonna happen. Fact, I'm sure it's not. But it wouldn't be fair to not tell you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    “Excuse me, artisan, but do you know where we might find a store selling bows and arrows?” asks a humble Brother Jaume.
    She screws up her face real weird and looks at Flair as well. "This is a fishing town, not a hunting town, not a war town. We look to our nobles to protect us, like proper; just ain't something he seem fit to do lately what weird things happening amok about at night. No, the only armory of any kind is Fort Hailcourse as far as I know. And they definitely ain't for selling anything."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair nodded. "I was afraid that that might be the case. Still, thank you very much for your time. If all goes well, I'll be back by this time tomorrow to purchase that censer." As he turns to leave, he pauses. "Oh, before I go, is there a library in town? I am still rather new here and was hoping I could continue my research while I'm here."

29. - Top - End - #809

"Library?!" she asks, confused. "There was something like that on the islands, but I think that's shut down since the Count left."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair grumbled irritably to himself. "Of course. They don't have bolts, they don't have books, why was I expecting something to work out for once?" He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his hands unclenching as he calmed himself down. "Sorry for wasting your time. I'll be back with more funds tomorrow."