New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

Maeni keeps close to Flair, who kinda went too fast as she was planning to go in ready.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Toli makes a motion with his head, and his drinking partner collects the cards they were playing and his drink and clears out.

He makes a motion for Maeni, Dorn, and Flair to sit. Dorn obliges.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

She sits and ask in a low voice, mostly to avoid potential panic moves in nearby drinkers.

"Sorry to interrupt your game, but we are investigating that situation. Could you describe what you saw ? Anything could help."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #214

"Just before the kidnappin's started," begins Toli in a hushed whisper, "I noticed a glowin' light from a small cave along the shore about a mile outta' town. Now, say what you want about that crazy codger Nasmeth, but that doomsayer might be onta' somethin'. I'mma thinkin' that light I saw is the Briarstone Witch returned to once again take Thrushmoor inta' the bay. I keep tellin' folks this over cards and drinks, but people ain' takin' my warnin's ser'ously."

Dorn looks at his friends then to Toli. "We take you seriously, Toli ... at least that the light means no good. We're willing to look into it. Can you take us there?"

Toli thinks about it then nods. "For two silver shields a passenger, I will bring you right to the cave."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair nods and gives the man most of his remaining silver. "Deal. There will be five of us altogether, but this will pay for us three. When will you be able to take us?"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #216

Flair hands the man six silver. He nods his head and if you are ready, you leave the Stain and join the others outside.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will pay when asked. “Do you have change?” ​the burly monk asks the fisherman. He will hand over a gold piece.

8. - Top - End - #218

"Recently acquired," says Toli, looking to Flair and then handing Brother Jaume eight silver shields.

Jens, do you pay Toli?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens searches his money pouch and seems disappointed before pulling out a gold piece and asking, ”I don’t suppose you have more change by chance?”

10. - Top - End - #220

Toli takes the gold piece, goes into the Stain, and comes out a minute later to give Jens change of six silver.

Does Jens complain or take that loss stoically?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens takes his change without a care. It was almost worth the price not to need to enter the establishment. Besides with Jen’s luck he would charge them for the trip back and he can bring this up then.

12. - Top - End - #222

Toli takes the lot of you down to the pier, and his fishing boat is enough to take the lot of you.

As he takes you out along the water with lots of islets and the like, he will mention that this grotto he is taking you to has been used by all manner of smugglers, hunters, and addicts over the years, and most of Thrushmoor's citizens don't even know about them. Since they tend to be used only by those with shady behaviors, most who know of its location remain tight-lipped about it.

It is a mile away from town, and it takes about 45 minutes to get to it due to navigating obstacles and dealing with current.

When you step out of the boat onto the tiny beach leading to a cave mouth, I need to know what each of you have readied/ prepared/ in hand. I know that Jens' collective is running with all members of the group (sans Brother Jaume).

Brother Jaume? Flair? Jens? Maeni?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens will prepare his defense. Letting his skin take on the appearance of stone as the stand on the beach.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Maeni consults her spellbook, casts a spell, surrounding herself in a sheath of shimmering force, then consults her spellbook again.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I forgot to change Maeni base spells to include Mage armor, so... 1 arcane pool to quick study to get Mage armor, cast mage armor, then 1 arcane pool to regrab summon monster 1.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume hops out of the fishing boat onto the shore. He stretches, belches and scratches himself before readying his staff. He calls out a prayer to Erastus, asking him to light their way.
    Spoiler
    Show

cast light on staff
    #beardsareitchy

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair makes a note to himself that he really ought to get a alchemy crafting kit, but it's on an ever-growing list of things he needs to pick up. He otherwise spends the first half of the trip over trying to meditate, though as they being to approach,he does his best to limber himself up.
    Show
    Until I get said kit, all Alchemist is giving me is Inspiration, and since I bound my spirits already, there is nothing else for me to ready or prepare.

17. - Top - End - #227

A small strip of muddy sand choked with reeds sits at the entrance of a low cave just at the lip of the bay. Scraggly vines drape over the top of the cave and hang like tangled hair over its mouth.

Obscured from casual observation by vegetation, this small cave mouth opens in the limestone face of the water’s edge. This part of the shore is approximately 8
    feet above the water level, so if the PCs approach this area from the shore, they have to descend to what serves as a beach in front of the cave.

Okay, so how do you get down? what precautions do you take, etc.?
    Show
    Climbing down the damp limestone face of the shore may make for a very challenging climb.

Another way for some to go ... a pair of large rocks offers an easier path for more nimble characters: a PC can step or hop from rock to rock and hopefully end up safely in front of the cave.

Dorn doesn't wait. He simply springs from rock to rock and is down below. He takes out his hammer in a guarding position.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-06-04 at 07:12 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens makes his way to the wall and begins to climb down. He relies upon his connection to the earth and, in spite of the slipperiness, he almost feels as though the stone was latching onto him to keep him secure in his climb as he descends.

Show
    So take 10 for 22 to climb down the surface at base land speed? If I am reading my ability correctly.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Bj shrugs, tosses his quarterstaff onto the beach and attempts to hop down the rocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

acrobatics
    (1d20+2)[12]

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair likewise attempts to clamber from rock to rock to get down.
    Show
    (1d20+7)[24]

21. - Top - End - #231

Maeni, what do you do?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looking kinda horrified as they start climbing without even ensuring everyone can and without belaying each other, Maeni still goes nearby the edge and start climbing down.

"Wouldn't it have been easier with a rope ?"

Show
    Well, let's go for the best of both ! Which is climbing. (edited for wrong color)

Climb - (1d20+2)[18]
    Last edited by silphael; 2020-06-05 at 05:39 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Maeni is having a hard time. She is up at the top. She doesn't fall, but doesn't quite get anywhere, either.

Maeni, either try again to climb, or give up climbing and try Acrobatics instead.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Given how slippery her first tries were, Maeni tries to get some momentum before jumping from stone to stone.

Show
    Let's try the acrobatic path !

Acrobatics - (1d20+1)[8]

25. - Top - End - #235

It is just. not. Maeni's. day. She tumbles and falls to the ground, taking 4, which has the added effect of muddying up her fashionable clothes.

It is at this point that every single one of our sharp-eyed heroes realizes that something is not quite right with those thick vines at the cave mouth. As Maeni gets to her feet, the very large plants come to life!

Round One ...

R1T20:
    Dorn casts expeditious retreat on himself and takes out his dagger, the quality silver glinting in the afternoon light.
    Spoiler: Attunement
    Show
    Because it was a masterwork silver dagger, Dorn had used his attunement (see Weapon Attunement) on his dagger on the boat ride here.

R1T19: Maeni, you see two Large creatures made of fibrous plant material. Other than that, you have no idea what these things are, but you have a feeling they are not looking for friendly hugs. What do you do?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Trying to get the perfect shooting range for her flames, Maeni unleashes one more stream of fire.

Show
    Let's go to the square left of Dorn, and flame arc on the diagonal, as it should hit both. Reflex save DC 15 for half damage.

Fire Damage - (2d6+4)[12]
    Last edited by silphael; 2020-06-05 at 09:49 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

R1T19: Wiping some mud off of herself and capitalizing on the fact that the plants are only now situating themselves, Maeni rushes past all of her friends to the other side and lets loose with a stream of fire, catching both slow-moving plants fully for 12 fire each.

R1T17: Flair, what do you do? You need to prompt me if you want a Knowledge check.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair tries to identify the strange plant as he punches it, his skin glowing as he does so.
    Show
    I attempt to ID it.
    5 foot step as to be flanking with Maeni. Not included in the roll.
    SA: Attack! (1d20+3)[21] + (1d6)[6] (using Inspiration). If the inspiration roll is a 1 or 2, I will reroll it via Daring Exploit (1d6)[1]
    (1d3)[1] + (2d6)[10]. Using Gaston's capstone whose name I refuse to look up.
    Nothing as of yet requires a Performance Combat Roll.

29. - Top - End - #239

R1T17: Flair tries to identify the strange plant as he punches it for 11.

R1T15: Brother Jaume, what do you do?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Guess we need to do some pruning!”
    BJ will draw his sliver dagger and take a powerful swipe at the plant creature in front of him.
    Spoiler
    Show

draw masterwork silver dagger. Attack with power attack.
    to hit - (1d20+7)[12]
    to dam - (1d4+7)[11]
    if he can, he will try to see if he can identity the large overgrown plant. Strangely he feel a certain admiration for the creatures.