New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Question Can't find info I need.

I am looking for information regarding crafting costs. I want to add a skill bonus to an item that I have. (Escape Artist bonus to my armor, to be precise.) I seem to recall reading about that somewhere but I can't find it. I am specifically looking for epic information because I wanna pump that Escape Artist as high as I can afford. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Can't find info I need.

The info is all in the links Aracor provided, but remember that as it's adding onto an existing ability, it triggers the +50% cost modifier for multiple different abilities (see the first link).

So for example, adding a +40 competence bonus to Escape Artist to magic armor would cost 402 x 100 x 10 (epic) x 1.5 (multiple different abilities) = 2,400,000GP.

The maximum nonepic bonus is +30, which you can get for a relatively affordable 302 x 100 x 1.5 = 135,000GP.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by skunk3 View Post
    I am looking for information regarding crafting costs. I want to add a skill bonus to an item that I have. (Escape Artist bonus to my armor, to be precise.) I seem to recall reading about that somewhere but I can't find it. I am specifically looking for epic information because I wanna pump that Escape Artist as high as I can afford. Thanks!
    The magic item compendium is where the rules are codified for adding effects to existing items

keep in mind in your case ( escape artist to armor slot) there is also a extra cost for slot affinity , on top of the 50% surcharge that Biggus pointed out
    and it's +50% of the cost of either the existing item or of the effect you are adding, I don't remember if you have to +50% the costlier or the cheapest, you find this on the MiC in the same paragraph of the above things

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I gotchu bro

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?555939-Tying-Down-Escapology-An-Escape-Artist-Reference-Guide
    Last edited by daremetoidareyo; 2020-03-31 at 01:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ciopo View Post
    The magic item compendium is where the rules are codified for adding effects to existing items

keep in mind in your case ( escape artist to armor slot) there is also a extra cost for slot affinity , on top of the 50% surcharge that Biggus pointed out
    and it's +50% of the cost of either the existing item or of the effect you are adding, I don't remember if you have to +50% the costlier or the cheapest, you find this on the MiC in the same paragraph of the above things
    Ah, it's possible that the extra cost is the slot affinity then. In any case, they only cost 50% more total than standard, as the Slick armor ability does exactly what the OP asked for (apart from not giving a high enough bonus), and that's what it costs:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    Ah, it's possible that the extra cost is the slot affinity then. In any case, they only cost 50% more total than standard, as the Slick armor ability does exactly what the OP asked for (apart from not giving a high enough bonus), and that's what it costs:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm
    So, increase the caster level of Slick armor to desired level and add cheaper enhancements on to that?

8. - Top - End - #8

In theory, a Ring of Slickness +10 is 10k.
    It can be up to 30 non-epic, which is 30 * 30 * 100 = 90,000 gp.