New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PartyOfRouges Story Heavy 5e Game IC

"Oooh," Dom emotes, somewhat startled as he turns to face her. He curls his trunk bashfully, and says, "thank you. I suspect that few in these parts are familiar with the lyrical musings of the troupe called Rose & Crossbow." He blinks and shuffles his feet, then pauses to add, "I thought you played beautifully." He begins to walk away again.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"At thiss point you can even join uss" Arackx said. Something had perked up his interest- the loxodon said that he didn't want to barge into the Crimson Order's job. The wording implied that he wasn't part of it- which could be a trap but could also mean that he has no knowledge of Arackx.
    "It iss not like you are sseated far from here" and also, this way he didn't have to worry about eavesdropping.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner
    AC: 14 HP: 27/27
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 15
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating On: --

At Arackx's something surprising invitation, Pastelle nods and adds, "Yes, please join us." with a smile.

"I certainly haven't at least. My people travel a lot, but most of our poetry is about battles, warriors, romance, the nomadic life, nature, or the Small Gods. And the styles we use are nothing like what yours was." she says in reply to the poetry topic, clearly at least genuinely interested in the topic.

4. - Top - End - #34

Hesitant to make small talk with a perceived agent of the Order, but also tempted to possibly learn of various contacts and operatives who may be working in Mistspire, Dom reluctantly accepts. He slowly, gingerly takes a seat opposite of Arackx, testing the chair's sturdiness before resting on it fully. Finally, he exhales and thanks his table hosts.

To Pastelle, he says, "the style is something of my own embellishment to the Common adaptation. It sounds much better in the original Elvish."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx focused on his meal. It's not like he wanted to be rude, but he had literally no idea what to add. Music and poetry were things that flied way over his head.
    "Yess, that sstyle wass... Interessting. But I am not much of an artisstss" he finally said.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Sorry- was hoping you'd keep talking between you 'cause I had no idea what to add >.>
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-09 at 08:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

As the awkward silence grows, Dom eventually breaks the ice with a casual inquiry, "have either of you been in town for long?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

Pastelle shakes her head negatively and replies, "I just arrived here myself. How about you?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx perked up- that was a conversation he could actually follow.
    "Hardly. I do not think I ever even heard of thiss place before having to come here. Though it hass proven to be far more lively then I initially expected. You?"

9. - Top - End - #39

Their answers hold no surprises for Dom, certainly not after witnessing the diversity of the patronage at a place called the Dwarf's Hammer. It was clear at the beginning that these folks weren't likely to be regulars, rather just off the road, like himself. Still, there was no good reason to reveal too much, nor hide the one thing they all have in common.

"I am new here, too. Like you, Arackx Varackx, I am looking for someone in Mistspire. Like you, Pastelle of Clan Raptor, I cannot soon return to where I am from, and have been traveling for some time. Again, I apologize for overhearing, but I can seldom help it," he says as he gently flaps his ears, musing to himself how easily the dragonborn's name rolled off of his new tongue while words he had been able to speak for a century were now impossible.
    Last edited by Imbalance; 2020-04-10 at 01:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

"Well, I suppose you cannot help put poke your nose into other people's business with one as long as yours." Pastelle replies with a little self-amused smile, clearly not taking offense or meaning any. "I suppose I could return the favor and perhaps help you in your searches, while I search for whatever it is I am meant to find here."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx almost chocked on the beer when Pastelle offered to help. He couldn't say wether or not she was competent enough- what troubled him was the possible reaction to his... Origins. Still, he wasn't goinf refuse help from that probably wasn't out for his blood.
    "I would be happy to return the favor, where the need to arisse. But tomorrow. Honesstly, I have traveled enough for one night"

12. - Top - End - #42

Dom takes no insult from Pastelle's observation - he has thought the same thing himself. He smiles at her kind offer. Agreeing with Arackx, he says, "yes, perhaps in the morning we can all begin the tasks before us. Although,..." he pauses, wondering if he should say much more. "I must admit that I am not sure quite where to begin my search, and I'm afraid I will need to make finding employment a priority while I am here in the city. My reason for entering this...fine establishment was to seek a job board, but I seem to have overlooked it."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Honesstly, the jobss avalaible tonight will be the ssame that are avalaible tomorrow morning. According to the innkeeper, the two of you sshould have gained enough for one night of ssleep- and I have enough money to be able to ssleep comfortably. That ssaid" he stood up, pushing away the chair and stretching to his whole size "Goodnight" he waved and walked away, maybe a bit too rushed. He was sleepy enough to justify it though.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After resting for the night, you pack your equipment and head back down to the tavern to see about getting breakfast, as you reach the tavern you see the dwarf has already started preparing some meals for you three, ”Ah, I see you’re awake, I hope you slept well, breakfast comes with the room, so it won’t cost any extra.”

15. - Top - End - #45

Dom was relieved to hear this, and did not hesitate to accept the meal. Seeing the bulky Arackx the night before caused him to realize that maybe he hadn't been eating as much as befits his new form, but changing his diet would have to depend on how much coin he could earn.

"This is delicious. Thank you," he said to the dwarf. "Tell me, sir, do you know of anyone hiring here in the city?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

"Delightful!" Pastelle replies to the dwarf. As she sees the other two she greets them, "Good morning." Then aloud she muses to herself, "I wonder if I'll get used to these beds eventually?"
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-04-12 at 01:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx lazily greeted Dom and Parcelle.
    With all the days of travel, getting to sleep confortably was a welcome change. Though, it didn't look like everyone felt the same.
    "I do not think I ever heard your name" Arackx told the loxodon.

18. - Top - End - #48

The loxodon turned to answer. As if rehearsed, he said, "You did not, I'm afraid. I am uncertain that I can remember my name...correctly, I know that I can no longer pronounce it properly, and even if you heard me say it, you would not believe that it was mine." He lowered his head. "A nickname became attached to me in my travels," he added. "Call me Dom."

19. - Top - End - #49

AssassinGuy

”If you need work, the mines are always looking for skilled workers, there’s also a job board in the center of town if you’re looking for other odd jobs.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Mines?" A lingering tinge of Elvish arrogance flashed in Dom's eyes. He was about to give this poor fellow a piece of his mind when he saw the thick finger that he would have used to drive a point about not being caught dead in some dwarven hole, and remembered that he was not an elf. Instead, he scratched his head and humbly asked, "uh...would I fit? Maybe I'll check the town board...first. Thanks."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Aarackx badly suppressed a laugh.
    "Ssomehow I knew you would have not accepted. Poetss hardly ever frequent miness" he said. He was thinking about the words Dom used, which were confusing at best. No longer being able to say it... Yet, it didn't look like Dom had trouble speaking.
    "I can accompany you if you sso prefer" he said "It could be helpful to me too"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

"I may not know where I need to go, but I do know it's not to work in a mine." Pastelle says clearly off-put by the idea of hard labor and staying in one place for a great length of time.

23. - Top - End - #53

Poets, indeed, thought Dom. He looked at these two wondering if there might be a way they can all help each other, maybe even find work together and aid one another on their respective hunts.

Finishing his breakfast, he uses his trunk to wipe a napkin around his mouth, reasoning that it must be how a proper loxodon would behave. "Perhaps we should all see what this board has to offer," he suggests. "Perhaps the three of us have something worthwhile to offer Mistspire - perhaps all the more if we combine our skills."

He thanks the dwarf once again and moves the door, trying not to walk hastily. He turns to beckon the others before exiting.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"To offer Misstsspire, uh..." Arackx mulled it over. That wasn't what he had in mind, but he had no other real leads.
    "Fine, I will come too. Hopefully I will find some hintss- and I must ssay, it's unlikely for who I sseek to be working in a mine, though not impossssible. I could go there anyway later" he stood up and followed Dom.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

Pastelle moves to follow the other two and then darts ahead of them as she realizes she's not going to have an easy time reading it from behind the two much larger people.

26. - Top - End - #56

Almost as if to chase her, Dom's trunk shot straight out from his face into the open air as Pastelle squeezed by, and he ducked through the doorway already inhaling deeply the city and its smells. He wouldn't acknowledge just how shallow he'd been breathing inside the tavern, because he would then have to admit that it wasn't anything particularly offensive about that earthy dwarven aroma that made him do so, and that he was just being petty. He needed to get over that. Mostly, he had a keen interest in employing this new appendage of his to find the source of the scent that Pastelle carried. Where was this bird?

Spoiler: Perception? scent check to sniff out the chocobo
    Show
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[20]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx let the smaller companion through, walking behind the rest of the group since he was the most inposing figure.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    I have no idea whatsover what to post, were you waiting for me? For me we can just go on

28. - Top - End - #58

AssassinGuy

As you search for the chocobo, it isn’t hard to find, it seems like a large chicken with a saddle on its back designed for riding. After that, you make your way to the job board uneventfully, although most of the advertisements don’t seem interesting, you see one asking for “skilled warriors” and giving vague details about fighting a great evil, and an address in a different part of the city.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry for not posting for a little bit, iv’e been busy with online classes, but I should be posting regularly from now on.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

Pastelle points at the vague "fight evil" one and says, "Well this looks like.... a thing?" and looks at the other two and shrugs.

Spoiler
    Show

A large blue chicken!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"That iss ass sshady ass it getss" Arackx said, observing the paper "But if it iss a sscam then all the better, we did ssay to do ssomething usseful- sshutting down sscamss lookss usseful"