New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PartyOfRouges Story Heavy 5e Game IC

Dom was enthralled by the enormous bird, finding it difficult to look away. He had read a poem once about these creatures, and the descriptions danced upon his memory from time to time. However, nothing he had imagined came close to matching reality.

On the way to the job board, he could tell that even in a place as cosmopolitan as this neutral city, he and his new acquaintances stood out. He felt a pang of anxiety about being recognized by his quarry. He didn't actually look at the job board, having closed his eyes when they got there to avoid the eyes that stared and to rattle off some verses to himself. Dom hastily agreed, "yes, the thing...shady and useful...sounds like a good place to start."

He opens his eyes and looks at the posting for contact information. Pointing with his trunk, Dom says, "let's ask them."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After asking around for directions, you find your way to a house in the wealthier area of the city, after you knock, a dwarf opens the door ”Hello, I presume you are here about the advertisement?”

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Yess" Aarackx said. That didn't seem like a shady place, but who knew?
    "You needed sskilled warriorss right?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Footsteps alert you to the presence of someone coming up behind you. "Oh, I see I am not alone in my interest," a low, gravelly voice speaks out from the hood of the stranger's cloak. Looking past the colourful group, the stranger continues, "Yes, I am also here about that even if I'm a bit late to the party. Goswen Coventoe - may the Oak Father bring you solace."

Gos stands well over 6 feet tall, sinewy muscle albeit a bit gaunt from his recent travels (troubles?) A wicked double-bladed scimitar is strapped to his back, and his dark hair hangs haphazardly; he is dirty and messy from the road, eyes red-rimmed from some unspoken tragedy. He needs a bath and he knows it, but has no other choice but to go on. He lifts his chin high - that's what she would have wanted me to do - and waits for the dwarf's response.

5. - Top - End - #65

Dom turns to face this newcomer. He passes no judgement on sight, but casually holds his sensitive snout to the other side. Mostly, he observes enough to decide that this man is definitely not the druid from his nightmare. He smiles and nods deeply until his tusks press into his bosom. A lifetime ago, he may have regarded him as competition, but these days find him far more inclined to welcome aid no matter how it presents itself.

"Hello," he simply greets, before half turning back to the dwarf...so as not to block the way.

6. - Top - End - #66

AssassinGuy

”Good, please come in, my master will be with you shortly.” he turns and guides you to a small seating area before heading off upstairs.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx greeted the newcomer with a small nod, taking in his appeareance- by how he greeted them and the appeareance, he was a servant of the gods and meant business.

When they were left alone, he let himself uncerimoniously fall into a chair.
    "It may not be sshady, but it ssure iss feeling boring. I am Arackx Varackx, by the way. Ara or Vara if it iss hard to pronounce" he told Goswen.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner
    AC: 14 HP: 27/27
    PP: 15 PIv: 9 PIs: 15
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating On: --

"Pastelle of Clan Raptor" Pastelle says as an introduction and gives a little bow to the newcomer in greeting as they go inside.

9. - Top - End - #69

Dom entered last, doing his level best not to get caught in the doorway. Spending time with the bulky dragonborn has given him some semblance of confidence about how he can move about with destroying things. Though, he didn't presume to follow Arackx' lead in taking a seat. In this part of town, he could scarce afford to darken the rug, much less wrinkle the upholstery. He elected to stand, hunched, beside the door, with his hands clasped in front of his nose...or some part of it. There, he patiently stood still.

10. - Top - End - #70

AssassinGuy

After a couple of minutes a tall dwarf in fine clothes comes into the room “Greetings friends, I know you’re here for the job so I’ll just get to the point, there’s a problem with drow in one of the mines I own, and the guards are too scared to go any further. I will pay you very well if you can clear them out, as well as any other favors you may need. If you agree to help I will give you 25% up front for any equipment you need.”

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx couldn't contain himself.
    "Lookss like ssomeone iss going to go into the miness either way. Haha!"
    That had to be the first genuine laugh he got in the last days- it surprised even him.

12. - Top - End - #72

Somehow, without appearing to bend at any joint, Dom seemed to get shorter. He certainly hadn't come to Mistspire to prosecute trespassers. But jobs like this would be needed so that he could eat and live while conducting his search, he reminded himself. His sullen gaze fell on the floor as he tried to come to grips with his meager existence.

"Which way to the mine?" he asked, glumly. "And do you have a map of the tunnels we could borrow?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

Pastelle just sighs in response to Arackx's amusement. She really didn't want to go to an underground place with underground people.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gos nods at the others, and lifts an eyebrow at the elephant-like creature, having never seen one before. In fact, the only familiar creature was the dragonborn sitting in the chair.

At the mention of drow, Gos' face darkens. He hates the evil and suffering spread by those spider worshippers just as much as the oppressive undead lovers in the Order. The dwarf's words interest him, and many questions flood his mind. "What are drow doing in the mines? Are they your workers? Or did they drift up from the Underdark?"

15. - Top - End - #75

AssassinGuy

”They came up through the Underdark, but we don’t know why they’re here yet,” he hands each of you a pouch with 250 gold. “I don’t have a map with me, but I’ll have one tomorrow when we meet back here to take you to the mine.”
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2020-04-18 at 05:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Dom is reluctant to accept the money at first, but the work seemed honest enough. Further, it meant he wouldn't have to impose on anyone else for his next few meals. If he and the other three individuals present worked together, the job might even go smoothly. However, it seemed they had about as much enthusiasm about going into the mines as Dom did. At least they wouldn't be the ones digging, and this substantial advance was a good sign of more to come.

He looks at the others one at a time, then reaches out with his hand to receive the Dwarf's offer. "Thank you," he says. "At what time would you like us to return?"

17. - Top - End - #77

AssassinGuy

”Just after lunch, around 1 o’ clock”

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx stood up, stretching his bulk.
    "We can all go together I guessss" he said, taking his own pouch of gold "Ssomething interessting could happen, anyway"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-19 at 03:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Dom quietly nods. This was the most substantial amount of money he had handled since his return, and thoughts of how best to use it flooded his mind.

"Pardon me sir, but I'm new in town. Where might I go to buy armor and supplies to prepare for this task?" he asks.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gos takes the pouch of coin - he hates money but understands its utility. He'd much rather be trading skins or pelts in exchange for items but this was the "civilized" world; a place of metal coins and commerce. Feeling the heft of the pouch, he can tell that this is a tidy sum. In fact, it makes him a bit anxious due to the large amount given. Damned drow, he thinks to himself. Supplies, I need to get a few things if it's into the mines we must go.

He nods at the loxodon in agreement. "Yes, it would be smart to get things we will need for the journey into the dark." Chewing on his lip, Gos comments further, "The presence of these vile creatures worries me and I feel it plays into the favour of the Order and its foul brethren and undead-loving scum." Gos closes his eyes and tries to shut his mouth, but all he sees and hears when he does is the screams of his dead family, and the jerky twitching movement of them becoming undead. He will walk a short distance away from the group, trying to collect himself...

[he's ready to go to the supplies shop when everyone else is]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Arackx would have raised an eyebrow, had he any.
    "Why would the drowss be favoring the Order only? Misstsspire iss neutral- the Path could gain jusst ass well from it. Assssuming the drowss are not here on their own accord" he simply stated, biting his tongue before saying more. He could understand why people would dislike the Order- still, he couldn't help but get worked up.

22. - Top - End - #82

AssassinGuy

There’s a place where you can buy any armor and supplies about 10 minutes down the road called Argent’s Armaments”

23. - Top - End - #83

"Until tomorrow," Dom says as he takes his leave.

At Argent's, he seeks to purchase some properly fitting armor and boots, as well as some other sundries for mine delving and contending with drow.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gos catches up to Dom on his way to Argents. In addition to the items [mentioned on the discord] Gos will also buy some chalk and a hammer and chisel, and a vial of acid, if available.

"Ever deal with the dark elves before?" Gos will inquire to Dom.

25. - Top - End - #85

"Yes, the Ord..." Dom begins to answer before thinking, catches himself, and then slows his voice, continuing, "...inary um...treachery...of those deep...elves...is known to me." He turns to face this tall human, nearly eye-to-eye from hunching. "Have you?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gos looks warily at the elephant being, eyebrow raised a little. "Luckily no, but that lack of experience with them is a bad thing if we have to root them out like the vermin they are. When I was young, a nearby village - dwarven actually - was massacred by a drow raiding party." Gos would like to see if Dom is lying to him. [Do I roll here?]
    Last edited by CallMeLothar; 2020-04-23 at 11:39 AM. Reason: dialogue font

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Insight check on Dom: (1d20+5)[24]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

"I've heard tales of them having troubled my people in the past, but have never seen them myself. I believe they discovered we were often more trouble than we were worth to them." Pastelle replies.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight on Dom: (1d20+5)[7]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Aradrackx luckily could comment truthfully.
    "I wass a city guard- we never had problemss with drowss. We had our own sshare of night sskulkerss I guessss" he shrugged, doubting it was the same thing.
    "I am truly curiouss to ssee what you can do Passtelle" he added looking at her "After thiss boasst I am expecting ssomething impressssive and possssibly terrifying"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-23 at 05:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Pastelle of Clan Raptor
    Gria Summoner

Pastelle waves her hand, "No. Not me personally. Almost all of my people are trained to use weapons as we have to regularly fend off creatures trying to eat the animals we keep in our herds as we travel. I imagine this would be more of a fight than the regular human caravan or the like. Again, I am more like a priestess."