New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Pathfinder Soulknife Build Advice

Hey guys, hope you’re all doing well today.

I’m currently playing a Soulknife in the Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder campaign. I’m running the psychic class Soulknife, with the archetypes psychic armory and warsoul.

I’d love some input on how to take this build to stupid levels, because our DM is a sadist and wants us to break our characters.

Here’s the build so far:

Level 4 Psychic armory/warsoul

Race: Elan

PA/WS is WIS SAD, so my top 3 abilities are WIS, CON, and DEX.

Feats:
    - Psionic Talent (Class bonus)
    - Point Blank Shot (Class bonus)
    - Two-Weapon Fighting (pre-requisite to twin throw feat I’ll be taking later)
    - Rapid Shot
    - Psionic body
    - Psionic meditation

Bladeskills:
    - Two-Handed Throw (necessary if I want to throw the 2HW in the panoply)
    - Martial Blade recovery

WS Disciplines:
    - Riven Hourglass
    - Sleeping Goddess
    - Solar Wind
    - Tempest Gale
    - Veiled Moon

What do you guys think? Where would you take it from here?

Some input from me on direction: I’ll most likely be picking up the distilled panoply & panoply barage bladeskills ASAP, as they synergize really well with some of the full round maneuvers I’ll have access to at later levels.

I also like the thought of advanced study feat so I can get past 6th lvl martial maneuvers, and/or pick up a few maneuvers from thrashing dragon discipline.

Looking forward to discussing this fun and unique class with you guys, thanks in advance for your input!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder Soulknife Build Advice

Is your DM allowing the High Psionics Soulknife? If not, they really should since it's essentially the Unchained version of Soulknife. Especially for Wrath of the Righteous. Have y'all gotten your Mythic power yet? Definitely grab a copy of Mythic Psionics if you haven't, it's got some good stuff for Soulknife. (It's not on the Library yet because I've been working on Legendary classes, sorry.)

If your DM allows High Psionics, consider jumping into Awakened Blade or one of the special Soulknife PrCs like Ashen Blade or Dark Tempest, or maybe Dragon Fury if you're gonna get some Thrashing Dragon stuff (might be better than dumping a bunch of feats into Advanced Study to get high level maneuvers.)

Oh, almost forgot, are you using the old Psychic Armory or the newer, reprinted one?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

3. - Top - End - #3

I’m actually unfamiliar with what the key difference between high psionics be regular is (relatively new to PF, so not sure what unchained is either).

I’m using the newer reprinted Soulknife for my character. Thought about prestige class, just not sure when I would dip out of soul knife to do so.

Also unfamiliar with the mythic psionic stuff, but will definitely check it out.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

High psionics for soulknife is just them getting the Gifted Blade archetype for free.

Edit: You might also want to look at Battleship789's soulknife handbook. I find it to be very useful for my builds. Just search for Mind Becomes Matter.
    Last edited by J. Mirkson; 2020-04-01 at 01:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by J. Mirkson View Post
    High psionics for soulknife is just them getting the Gifted Blade archetype for free.

Edit: You might also want to look at Battleship789's soulknife handbook. I find it to be very useful for my builds. Just search for Mind Becomes Matter.
    This is what I primarily used for my build actually, agreed that it was incredibly helpful!