New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: New Bleach IC: Road Trip!

"...sarah."

Hollow Mask girl was clearly an easily manipulatable rube. This was to Sarah's advantage.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    "Nice to meet you Sarah! I'm Shiroihako, hollow hunter and occult investigator for hire! Wheres your parents or did they....? I apologize if I'm bringing up anything painful..."
    Shiroihako naturally assumes that her parents must've taught about this sort of stuff or something. There must've been some reason her family had been attacked, but she needs to figure out what she can do to help this child as much as she can, its only what a heroic Ronin would do.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: New Bleach IC: Road Trip!

Beatrix keep smiling, amused.
    Which seems quite creepy and inappropriated.
    dead men... turning into some sort of dragons?
    She looked at Balthazar. It might make sense... even if she never heard of it in Britian.

Balthazar look down.
    '...if it matters, I might help. Wether we call those monsters hollows or dragons... I had a similar experience. I don't want you to suffer the same.'

if they didn't believed in dragons, crazy witches with guns, would probably best not to mention
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, elsewhere in town:

The ghost of a blond-haired girl floats through the wall of a convenience store and looks around. "Candy, candy, candy~! Hmmm, which sort should I pick...? Oh!"

She stops as she stops another ghost... an identical ghost of a blonde-haired girl. She stops too.

"Oh, Susan Three! Fancy seeing you here", the first ghost greets.

The second ghost similarly stopped on her tracks. "Oh, Susan Two! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just came to pick up some candy. You? "

"Funny thing. I also came to pick up some candy."

"Great minds think alike, eh? Hehehe...

"Hehehe..."

The giggling ghost are interrupted by a third voice. "Well well well, who do we have here?"

A slightly antropomorphic tiger is leaning against one of the shelves, sipping a canned soda through a straw. The ghosts turn towards it and beam up.

"Hobbes!"
    "Hobbes!"

They shout in excited union. They look like they're about to dash to hug the feline, but stop halfway with questioning looks on their faces.

"Waaaaiiiit. What are you doing here?" , the first ghost ask of the tiger.

"Oh, school ended early, so me and Susan came to buy some candy" , he replies and takes a slurp of his soda. "So what about you two?"

"Oh, we also came to... buy... some candy. Heh.. he..."

The tiger shakes his head. "Tch. Tch. Didn't daddy teach you that stealing is wrong?"

"Yeah..."
    "Yeah..."

The ghosts look guiltily at their feet for a moment, but then they perk up.

"Wait a second, you moralizing furbal!" , the second ghost speaks up. "How did you get that soda!?!"

The tiger stops drinking, holds the straw between its claws and looks at the soda can awkwardly. "Uh..."

"Thief! Catch him!"

Meanwhile, willfully oblivious to the imminent commotion, a schoolgirl hands a bag of lollipops to the cashier. "I'd like these, please." The cashier checks the price and takes her cash, completely unaware of two clones of the girl chasing a miniature tiger through the aisles...

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Shiroihako:
    "Nice to meet you Sarah! I'm Shiroihako, hollow hunter and occult investigator for hire! Wheres your parents or did they....? I apologize if I'm bringing up anything painful..."
    Shiroihako naturally assumes that her parents must've taught about this sort of stuff or something. There must've been some reason her family had been attacked, but she needs to figure out what she can do to help this child as much as she can, its only what a heroic Ronin would do.
    Sarah Shrugs. "Hell if I know. Uncle Sam took the bodies. Home Town's ain't even on the map anymore."
    Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Beatrix keep smiling, amused.
    Which seems quite creepy and inappropriated.
    dead men... turning into some sort of dragons?
    She looked at Balthazar. It might make sense... even if she never heard of it in Britian.

Balthazar look down.
    '...if it matters, I might help. Wether we call those monsters hollows or dragons... I had a similar experience. I don't want you to suffer the same.'

if they didn't believed in dragons, crazy witches with guns, would probably best not to mention
    "It's fine... So we've got a woman who can leave her body behind to fight with a sword and a hollow-mask and a pair of twins who believe in fairy tails? There's a story here."

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Balthazar cover his face in shame.
    "No.. no fairies..'he whine anxiously.
    Beatrix laugh. 'Don't worry. Soon enough they will see. I am all for the hunts, the lasses would see soon.' She grin a toothy hungry grin.
    She pause. "Not on the map? How come?'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #37

"...Because everyone died and half the buildings were destroyed?"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-27 at 05:43 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "...Because everyone died and half the buildings were destroyed?"
    Beatrix seemed amused. "Oh boy. How intruging! So are we going there?'

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"It's fine... So we've got a woman who can leave her body behind to fight with a sword and a hollow-mask and a pair of twins who believe in fairy tails? There's a story here."
    "One, I am not associated with these people.

Two. I've no idea how I can do any of this. I just woke one day dead not remembering anything, saw hollows were killing people and fought back, at some point some nice guy gave me this thing he called a gigai to wear so that other people can see for a loan, and now I have to work to pay off the debt. Which I just remembered: you still scared off my clients, thanks for that.

Three, wait a minute why are talking as if your adult like? No child talks this way."

She says skeptical.

10. - Top - End - #40

Sarah pinches her nose.

"No, we are not going to the ruins of my home town. We're not even in the right state."

"Your clients ran off when you slumped over dead. They didn't even know I was there."

"And I'm not a child. I'm fourteen. I've snuck into a night club and made out with a drunk teenager who snuck in with a fake ID so I could steal her wallet and buy a sandwich. You gonna call me a kid after that?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix burst into a loud beastly laughter.

Balthazar
    'Wow... how daring!'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"And I'm not a child. I'm fourteen. I've snuck into a night club and made out with a drunk teenager who snuck in with a fake ID so I could steal her wallet and buy a sandwich. You gonna call me a kid after that?"
    Shiroihako is unimpressed by this. She is also losing her patience.
    "No, but I will call you brat, brat. Enough of this, your story doesn't matter and neither does theirs, what matters is that unlike the three of you I have job to do, and your both distracting and hindering me from it. So I'm going to go do it, find those girls again and get paid. Don't follow me."
    She begins walking away to try and actually get something done.

13. - Top - End - #43

Crap! There goes a mark. Why did Sarah have t be herself just now?

"Wait, stop... I'm sorry... Is there anything I can do to help? I haven't been in this town very long but I get the feeling that I've been doing... Well, this for longer than you have."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    She looks back, annoyed
    "Oh really, then maybe you should be more informative and helpful. Like, what actually are you? Whats your plan for finding both the girl and the clients? It may be my fault for jumping out of the body, but I felt that you were a hollow and I've done nothing but kill hollows, so you felt dangerous to me. Sure your something that....is like some hollow tumor thing, do you just call it "Hollow Tumor User" or something?"
    She keeps walking, what place should she go to? Perhaps she could try calling the girls back? They had to have called her to contact her in the first place, so she could just call them back and say everything is fine...

15. - Top - End - #45

"My power is called Fullbring. It works by communicating with and manipulating the souls of all things. For example..."

Sarah jumps, with a flash of green light, to the location where Shiroihako's clients had been standing jut before running off, and then, dropping her armor, she kneels down and touches her fingers to the ground.

"I can literally ask the ground which way the people who were standing here went and I'll get an answer."

Which she does.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Their trail leads further into the park, but that much Shiroihako could probably tell from what she saw. Calling the girls back probably would be faster than tracing them with spiritual powers.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix just smile like a creep and following them, Balthazar just walk along.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #48

"...Yeah, they went that way and they're still close enough that if you called out for them they'd hear you," Sarah says.

Spoiler: The Legend of The Maken
    Show
    Once Upon a time, there was a blacksmith who served along an army of thieves and murderers. He created many, many swords of great quality with which this army enforced its will by any means. One day, he stumbled across the means by which the stuff of souls could be made into metal and forged into swords greater than any made of mere iron.

He found a great and evil spirit and forged it into a mighty blade to be wielded by one worthy of being king.

He forged four blades emblematic of the Noble Houses that is army secretly served.

He created a harem of living swords who could appear as beautiful women.

And he created a process by which fragments of souls imbued with the properties of the souls of the Gods of Death, who composed the army of thieves and murderers, and forge them into "empty" swords that bond with the soul of the wielder and become one with it, efficiently manifesting the native powers of the soul and awakening within it a manifestation of one's true self, a feat that earned him a place forging swords in the realm beyond.

However, with every great art there comes... Imitators. Centuries ago, a blacksmith who studied the work of the earlier smith attempted to replicate and improve upon the design of the shallow hilts by combining them with the first and greatest of the Soul Cutting Swords, merging not only the shards of Shinigami souls(created... The Hard Way) but also those of hollows and, by some twisted sorcery, that of a single still-living human and a single still living Quincy. None of those beings still exist, they are merely raw materials used to create a perfect sword. A Magic Sword. A Demonic Sword.

The Maken(魔剣)

The swordsmith who created it, for having violated the Laws of the Afterlife and pursued illegal means of research and forbidden magics in his creation of the blade, was pursed by the authorities of Soul Society for his crimes and when confronted in his forge without his personal weapon tried to defend himself using his prototype. This was a mistake.

In theory, the Maken is an ordinary Asauchi other than that it would enhance the powers it draws out an allow them to manifest in a manner that is more instinctive than otherwise. In practice, combining the Ausauchi's ability to bond with and merge with the souls of their wielder with the raw mutability of human souls, the... absorptive and manipulative properties of Quincy power and, most importantly, the infectious, corruption, and assimilative nature of hollows resulted in a blade that didn't adapt to it's hosts soul by devoured it, broke it apart, and assimilated it.

The Foolish Swordsmith was driven into a murderous rage, slaughtering all but one of his would-be captors and devouring their corpses in a manner not unlike a hollow before breaking apart into raw reishi and being absorbed into the blade within seconds. The blade was taken for study, to figure out what had happened, and then as many times happened in the history of Shinigami Science, (hypocritically)unethical experimentation began.

Established Shinigami volunteered to wield the blade and we consumed. Students from the Academy tested it and were consumed. Random souls from the Rukon, volunteering just for a warm place to sleep that night or a good meal, tested it and were consumed. The sword was even presented to a handful of hollows, speculating that a hollow like Asauchi might react better to a hollow, only for the hollows to themselves be consumed. It was speculated that perhaps an Arrancar could handle it, but Arrancar are so rare in nature that testing that theory was deemed unfeasible and that no good could come from further study.

So, the sword was sealed away and hidden in the mortal world in the wilderness far away from what the Shinigami at the time considered civilization, as they saw it as potentially too valuable to destroy but feared what could happen if it fell into the wrong hands or worse, if those wrong hands somehow new how to use it properly: The Sword was composed of a lot of souls and devoured a lot more. If someone were to manage to properly bond with it not only would it become the ideal weapon to draw out that person's power, but it could potentially grant them much, much more.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako
    "Girls! Girls!"
    She calls walking through towards the direction they ran off.
    "Don't worry, I'm alive!"
    Technically!
    "There is no threat! You can come out now! False alarm! False Alarm!"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Shiroihako doesn't need to walk for lomg before she sees the girls further ahead. They stopped when they heard her calling and cast wary looks at her as they wait. "O-okay? What was that?" , the tall teen asks when she gets into hearing range.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    Shiroihako doesn't need to walk for lomg before she sees the girls further ahead. They stopped when they heard her calling and cast wary looks at her as they wait. "O-okay? What was that?" , the tall teen asks when she gets into hearing range.
    "Just...an occult thing. Can't exorcise bad spirits with my physical body. Don't worry, it was taken care of, and we have a new...ally. There is no danger. As you were saying, you were telling me about this girl?"
    She says trying to get back on topic.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh-huh." The girls cast suspecting glances at Shiroihako's companions, then look at one of their own, the one who was saying something about thr judo club.

"Oh, right!" , she perks up, "Before that crap went down, I was just about to say... That brat's dad! I think he's called Richard Thorne. He holds lessons in an amateur judo club! I think it's... Jundokan something or the other. Their junior classes are held every Saturday at a nearby gym, starting at 12'o'clock."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Balthazar, pressed, starting to doodle and draw in his notebook.
    'Richard?'he raise his head.
    'My oh my, the British are coming?' Beatrix laughed.
    'Or is he anglo-saxon from one of the colonies?'

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Balthazar, pressed, starting to doodle and draw in his notebook.
    'Richard?'he raise his head.
    'My oh my, the British are coming?' Beatrix laughed.
    'Or is he anglo-saxon from one of the colonies?'
    "We ain't been the colonies in over 200 years," Sarah says with her natural accent slipping through, Ya'll lost the War, get over it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    She decides to ignore the colonies tangent and writes down "Richard Thorne, judo club, saturday, 12 'o clock."
    "Thank you. I think this might actually be enough information to get this sorted out."
    she will look up "Richard Thorne judo club (city name) saturday" to be as specific as possible so she can find his phone number.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Shiroihako finds a phone number, no problem. Meanwhile, the tall girl gives the Barhams an incredulous stare. "... British? Richard's a pretty common name, you know..." Really, what are these people on about.

The others look at Sarah while whispering amongst themselves. "Who the Hell is that? When did she drop in?" It's clear the unwanted audience growing is not to their liking.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-05-03 at 05:41 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix shrug. "Touche. Everything are fun and games after all. I am just amused.'

Balthazar raise his head from his notebook. 'Maybe she shouldn't harrass them... they probably dont need us."

Beatrix has rolled her eyes. "Don't you want to see their wierd oriental dragons?"

Balthazar look away. "I have seen enough dragons..."

Beatrix. "What about us?'

Balthazar. ".... We might be a danger for them.'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    Shiroihako finds a phone number, no problem. Meanwhile, the tall girl gives the Barhams an incredulous stare. "... British? Richard's a pretty common name, you know..." Really, what are these people on about.

The others look at Sarah while whispering amongst themselves. "Who the Hell is that? When did she drop in?" It's clear the unwanted audience growing is not to their liking.
    "Technically, you all dropped in on me. If it helps, think of me as a hired consultant who can, for example, see the invisible ghost that's untying your shoes right now," Sarah says as she casually uses fullbring to untie green-voice's shows without touching them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"... Wha-?" The girl who was speaking glances at her shoes and jumps back, startled, when she notices they're untied.

"That could've been a coincidence" , the third girl offers, but doesn't sound so sure herself.

The tall girl narrows her eyes and looks over Sarah. "... I don't like your attitude. You remind me of that brat" , she says after a while of glaring.

30. - Top - End - #60

"That brat's probably a spoiled trust-fund baby whose never worked a day in her life. I've worked my ass off for everything I've ever gotten. If you don't like that personality that's one thing, but once I start something I finish it and it's not like you're paying me. Think of my services as a free bonus."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks