New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Bleach IC: Road Trip!

Shiorihako:
    "Aaaaaand we're done here, I'm going."
    Shiroihako gets out of here before Sarah causes anymore of a scene and will call Richard Thorne to get this started.
    "Hello? Is this Richard Thorne? I'm Shiroihako, an occult investigator there has just been a little bit of case I've been hired to do involving some mishap at school involving your daughter, I'm sure its all a misunderstanding and I'd just like to speak or meet with you get to this all cleared up as soon as possible. How are you doing today?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a moment of silence on the other end, just long enough for Shiroihako to question whether anyone's listening at the other end. Then, a tired sigh comes through, followed by a low male voice: "... yes, this is Thorne. Who did you say you were again?"

Meanwhile, behind Shiroihako, the one of the girls rolls her eyes at Sarah. "She's seventh grade, we're ninth, none of us have done any serious work. Normal people don't have to. Are you an illegal immigrant or something?"

The tall teen keeps glaring at her. "You think you're oh-so-special, don't you. 'Cause that's what I mean. I don't give a damn if you think you've earned it, it's still the same aggravating bull crap. But whatever. Go do your thing." She flips her hair and turns around, ready to walk away.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

"Ain't illegal. Just an independent working-class kid from the sticks who's paid her dues, but I guess someone with your life experiences wouldn't get it. Pray that you never do," Sarah says to the girl who dismissed her.

By the way, the invisible ghost is messing with your shoes now, Ms. 'Hypocritically looks down on people that I think are looking down on others.' "

Hope the girl that's walking off doesn't trip on her shoelaces.

"I can get rid of it of course, but first I'd like an apology. You three are all quite rude and it's really no surprise that a spirit of some kind is messing with you at your school. Probably the ghost of some poor girl who got bullied to death by a bunch of Heathers lashing out at anyone who reminds her of her killers."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-03 at 02:58 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Balthazar is sort of just there.

Beatrix is focused on her sense of smell. She is smelling something, and she see... something.
    Alien smell how curiouse.
    For now, she just watch and smell
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    There's a moment of silence on the other end, just long enough for Shiroihako to question whether anyone's listening at the other end. Then, a tired sigh comes through, followed by a low male voice: "... yes, this is Thorne. Who did you say you were again?"

Meanwhile, behind Shiroihako, the one of the girls rolls her eyes at Sarah. "She's seventh grade, we're ninth, none of us have done any serious work. Normal people don't have to. Are you an illegal immigrant or something?"

The tall teen keeps glaring at her. "You think you're oh-so-special, don't you. 'Cause that's what I mean. I don't give a damn if you think you've earned it, it's still the same aggravating bull crap. But whatever. Go do your thing." She flips her hair and turns around, ready to walk away.
    She can't respond to this to any this because she is on the phone, but she gives a glare at Sarah while talking to Thorne
    "My name is Shi-roi-ha-ko. I'm sure nothing is wrong, just something that needs looking into, the incident wasn't harmful or anything, I'm sure this is just some teenagers worrying over nothing and we can straighten this out. They said one of them had an out of body experience, suspect that your daughter did it, but nothing bad happened. I'm just the person hired to look into this, and don't worry you won't need to pay me for anything, and I want only the best for your child.

has this been a repeat occurrence? any similar incidents?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe the tall girl would've tripped, if Sarah hadn't said anything. Now, she looks down, spots her untied laces and kneels to retie them. She shoots a glare back at Sarah over shoulder, but then turns her head away and stands back up without further words. "Hmph!"

"Let's get out of here..." , the other girls murmur, huddling together as they walk away, giving scared glances to Sarah and Beatrix as they do.

Meanwhile, on the phone: "... hired? By who? Teenagers?" The man's tone is flat enough that it's hard to tell if it's an honest question or a sarcastic stab. "... tell me, how much are they paying you?"
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-05-05 at 09:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    He tried to bribe her. Big mistake.
    "First of all, normal people who don't know what is going on? just call me crazy and hang up when I introduce myself as an occult investigator. You are instead trying to bribe me. Which means you have inkling that there is some truth to what I say. That there is some substance to what I'm investigating, and are willing to pay to keep me quiet despite me reassuring you that you won't have to spend a cent. Which means I'm on the right trail.

Second of all, I don't take bribes. What I'm being paid is confidential between me and my clients. Its enough, that is all you need to know.

Third, I mean it when I say I do not mean you or your daughter any harm. If there is a secret that needs keeping, thats free of charge. Why spend money when you can make someone else spend that money for a fools errand so that your daughter can be safe? They don't need to know the truth if that will help you and your daughter."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"... bribe you? Don't jump the gun, Miss, I didn't get that far yet" , comes a reply with vague undertone of amusement. "I was merely thinking that, if you're a genuine investigator who's been genuinely hired, there ought to be someone paying you some genuine money. But if you're being pranked by my daughter's classmates, all you're going to get paid in is Monopoly money."

"Just thought I'd give you a fair warning before you waste too much time on teenager nonsense. Oh, and if people keep hanging up on you, you probably aren't doing too hot, professionally speaking. Sure you aren't latching to this job because you think it's your last chance to make it?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"... bribe you? Don't jump the gun, Miss, I didn't get that far yet" , comes a reply with vague undertone of amusement. "I was merely thinking that, if you're a genuine investigator who's been genuinely hired, there ought to be someone paying you some genuine money. But if you're being pranked by my daughter's classmates, all you're going to get paid in is Monopoly money."

"Just thought I'd give you a fair warning before you waste too much time on teenager nonsense. Oh, and if people keep hanging up on you, you probably aren't doing too hot, professionally speaking. Sure you aren't latching to this job because you think it's your last chance to make it?"
    "Sir, your concern is appreciated but I consistently make enough money when people hire me to investigate a mysteriously wrecked car or murder- turns out its always a hollow. For being ghosts that feed on the souls of the living, they're not subtle in the least, not surprising given that they're mindless animals. People only hang up when they don't experience a hollow wrecking their lives."
    She says in complete seriousness. She really does. Hollows occur frequently enough and cause so much incidental destruction with their jumping and running around that she is honestly surprised that more people aren't investigating them. One would think people would question why the collateral damage from fighting them isn't investigated more, but apparently not.
    "However your probably right about the monopoly money thing, they're only a couple years older so I doubt they have an allowance. Which means they're probably not dealing with me fairly like some of those villains in Ronin. Which is bad, they shouldn't do that. So about investigating your daughter to make sure she isn't like some weird proto-hollow threat or something...how much do you want to pay me to make sure you and various people don't die, since your willing?"
    She says, ping-ponging back and forth between complete naivete and asking him for a real investigation job.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

On the phone:

"... hollow? That's an interesting word you're using." The man on the other end sounds genuinely curious for a change. "Tell you what. I can say with perfect confidence that no dead people, hollow or not, are involved in my daughter's case. But I'm willing to meet and discuss some unrelated things. So give me a time and place. If I can't make it personally, I'll send a representative. "

---

Meanwhile, elsewhere:

A girl steps out of a convenience store, happily licking her lollipop. "Hobbes! Ho~obbes! Where are you? "

She looks left and right several times, untill she spots a scruffy tiger plushie leaning against the store wall. It looks like it's been lying there for a while, but a passerby might rub their eyes and wonder if it was there when they first looked.

"Oh, there you are! You shouldn't go running off on your own like that, silly cat! You might get lost" The girl scoops the tiger up and gives it a tight hug. "Come on! Time to go home." She sticks the candy in her mouth and skips away, hugging the tiger with both arms.

Seconds later on the ethereal plane, two ghosts slide through the wall. "Grrr. You win this time, furball!" , one of them shouts after the girl. A perceptive onlooker just might notice the plushie turning its head on its own and casting a sneering look behind it...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    She says a location and will go there, when they meet she will say
    "so anyways about your daughter potentially being what I've been informed is a fullbringer...I'm sorry Mr. Throne, but I'm not interested in discussing these unrelated topics. I need to make sure I'm doing my job right. There might be a danger your or I don't know about which takes priority."
    Sarah is allowed to follow along, but the twins weren't helpful so she'll try to lose them.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Thorne turns up dressed in a thick, black work coat and trousers. There are stains of white paint on them, so it looks like he may have hurried to the meeting spot straight from work. As Shiroihako opens the discussion, he sighs wearily, takes off his glasses and rubs his temples. "Miss... Shiroihako, was it? I assure you, there is no danger, and my daughter is not a Fullbringer... whatever that's supposed to be."

He doesn't seem to be paying attention to Sarah, nor the twins, should they still be around. Since Shiroihako didn't mention them on the phone and didn't introduce them, it might be he's simply assuming they're not part of her company. This might be an opportunity, should Sarah, Beatrix or Balthazar want to observe the man or otherwise snoop around without drawing attention to themselves.

"... but, I see you are dedicated to your case. So. I suggest a fair trade. You ask me a question, and I'll answer to best lf my ability. And then, I ask one of you, and you do the same. So on and so forth, untill we reach some kind of understanding. Deal?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

They sort of just hang around unless, stricly banned from it.

Beatrix find it all very amusing. But she isn't one just ro stand and watch other talk. She drag Balthazar, and together they are snooping around to see what they were NOT told about.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

14. - Top - End - #74

Sarah sits quietly. If the guy is going to ignore her, that's his business.

She pulls a book out of her backpack and makes to look like she's reading it.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

As Beatrix drags Balthazar around, either of them might spot a man nearby leaning against a building wall, arms crossed. He's dressed in similar clothes to Mister Thorne and is positioned so that he can see the meeting spot. He occasionally glances that way, as if to check if the meeting's still going. If Beatrix or Balthazar stop to watch for longer, they might notice the man looks quite similar to Thorne in build and facial features as well - a younger sibling, perhaps?

---

Elsewhere:

"I'm home!" , Susan Thorne announces as she swings their house door open and steps in.

"Welcome back" , her mom replies from the kitchen. "You're just in time for dinner. Be a dear and fetch your father."

"Okie dokie!" Susan walks into their living room and places her tiger doll on a nearby couch. "Dad! Food's ready!"

Her words ring through the room, but are replied to only by silence. Susan perks her ears, furrows her brow and makes a circle around the ground floor, then runs upstairs to see if hee father's taking a nap. "Dad?"

Finding no-one, she returns to the lobby and peeks into the kitchen. "Dad doesn't seem to be home yet."

Her mother, dressed in a blue appron and oven mitts and in the middle of taking roast chicken out of the oven, gives her daughter a puzzled look. She puts the chicken on the kitchen counter and glances at a clock on the opposing wall. "He isn't? He should be out of work by now. I swear I heard him park the car in the garage and shuffle something around..."

Susan shrugs. "I'll check the garage then. Be back in a sec."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    "Very well. Question: Is there any incident of your family being physically attacked by an invisible force in your memory? I'm not taking about a mere wind or anything, but something that would break your window, grab people punch them across the room as if there is a giant beast you can't see, wreck anything it barges through or steps on, that kind of thing."
    She asks straight out.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Surprisingly enough, no", Mister Thorne replies with a tired smile. Then his smile fades. "Though I've been... extensively preparing for the eventuality. My turn: who told you to call these things 'Hollows'? It is not a common term."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Surprisingly enough, no", Mister Thorne replies with a tired smile. Then his smile fades. "Though I've been... extensively preparing for the eventuality. My turn: who told you to call these things 'Hollows'? It is not a common term."
    Shiroihako:
    "The Merchant."
    That is all she says in answer. That is all she can say, the person is quite mysterious and their identity is a mystery to her.
    "My turn again: has your daughter exhibited incidents similar to one told to me today or had problems with other children?"
    She doubted that this was a one time thing. If Thorne's daughter was capable of that kind of thing, why only use it once? a child has little to no concept of restraint and skewed priorities of secrecy.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Mister Thorne's brow furrows at the mention of "The Merchant". He seems to still be thinking on it while Shiroihako asks her question and takes a moment to respond.

"... it's something she's capable of doing. Regardless of whether she actually did, mind you", Thorne says while rubbing his chin. "This merchant... what did he sell to you?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    "This body that I use to interact with the world."
    She says back.
    "What are your daughters supernatural abilities in full then?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, it is an artificial body" , Thorne says matter-of-factly. He looks over Shiroihako head-to-toe and back. "Hmmm." He puts a hand in his pocket as he contemplates on the answer.

"... full abilities of my daughter? That'll take a while." He pulls out something that looks like a Petz candy dispenser, with a silly rabbit on top. He pops one candy pill in his mouth, then offers the device to Shiroihako. "Would you like to chew on some candy while I talk?"

The dispenser is a copy of a Shinigami device and filled with Gikongan - Soul Candies. Putting one in her mouth would kick Shiroihako's spirit right out of her body. But she might not know that....

22. - Top - End - #82

"Don't do it, it's probably drugs. You take that, you'll pass out and wake up naked and chained to a wall in a basement halfway across the country while some organized crime boss is asking a crooked doctor to verify if they should whore you out and, if so, how much to charge, or if they should just carve you up and sell your organs."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    While the exact scenario is improbable, the point was sound: you probably shouldn't eat candy randomly given from strangers.
    "Thanks Sarah. No I wouldn't, but perhaps if it does as a Sarah says, perhaps we can give it to one of the balthazar twins and knock out the other, then we would haven't have to deal with them next time we see them."
    She jokes with a smile as she puts it in her pocket.
    "you have yet to answer my question, I have 1 question saved up."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Thorne raises an eyebrow and looks at Sarah when she makes her comment. He looks vaguely amused before returning his attention to Shiroihako. "It's not a drug" , he says, "It was, however, a test. That thing's called Soul Candy, it's part of standard issue Soul Reaper field equipment. You really should've been given one alongside your artificial body. It is concerning you didn't recognize it at a glance. "

He puts the dispenser back in his pocket. "The way it works, it evicts any spirit in a human body and then installs an artificial intelligence in its place. It is fundamentally similar to how you are possessing that body right now. I hope you understand that with a device such as this, anyone could've done the thing you suspect my daughter of."

There's a weird half smile on the man's face. "It's a shame you didn't eat it. I'm starting to wonder just what kind of spirit you are."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    She blinks
    "Oh. Its...Soul Candy.....wait whats a Soul Reaper? and...and...I'm pretty sure I'm a good spirit. I help, I'm not like those nasty hollows. I'm a modern ronin! I fight to protect!"
    She says with a smile, fully believing this.
    "If thats all the candy does, I can hop out of my body myself if you want. I'm not bad at all if thats what your worried about. Its not as if I'm suddenly going turn into a big monster or anything."

26. - Top - End - #86

"Stay in your body and hand me the pill. I can tell you if it does what he says it does."

Sarah turns a page in her book while she speaks.

"Also, there are witnesses that say it was your kid. Does she, or did she, have a problem with bullies? Maybe a terminal one? Becuase assuming this isn't some dumb prank she's acting like a vengeful spirit and it seems like her targets are all a bunch of Heathers."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Thorne eyes Shiroihako skeptically as she makes her proclamation, then glances at Sarah. "... eyewitnesses are unreliable even when it comes to mundane things. I doubt any of your clients saw a damn thing."

He turns back to Shiroihako. "Frankly, my daughter isn't your problem, and shouldn't be your job. If you don't even know what a Soul Reaper is, you're the spiritual equivalent of... a vigilante, in lack of a better word." Thorne waves his hand in the air for a moment as he looks for the word, then lets it down and crosses his arms before his body. Frowning, he continues:

"However, since they could sell you an artificial body, I have a reason to suspect that merchant you mentioned is either a Reaper or connected to them in some way. What I'm getting at here, is that your own presence here is a bigger mystery than any of the cases you've been taking. Especially since there shouldn't have been enough cases for you to take in the first place. "

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Shiroihako:
    "...What are you talking about? Your making it sound as if there is some conspiracy going on here. Thats stupid. Everyone knows conspiracy theories are nonsense. Next you'll be telling me there is a mastermind behind everything with some byzantine plot for some esoteric purpose.

As for being a vigilante....well yeah. Ronin. Lordless wandering sword-wielding warrior? Its in the name. Of course there is a samurai equivalent around. Bound to run into them eventually, like a private eye having trouble with cops, but they're useless so I solve the case anyways. I notice that you've skillfully distracted us from talking about your daughter by trying to focus attention on me and my problems-a common psychological tactic to sow doubt and make an one give up on what they are doing and focus more on themselves than their goals.

I'm just some dead girl with amnesia- and thats all I need to be to help make this world better as best I can. Focus on the positives, not the negatives! While the Merchant has helped me and its only fair I pay him back for it. You hope to hide what your daughter is capable of by making me think there are other things I should be worried about, what is so interesting about her that your so willing to hide it, hm? Perhaps something that, you wouldn't want these soul reapers to know?"

She says standing strong and raising an eyebrow as she thinks upon what he is doing, scrutinizing him with a smile.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Me thinks that maybe this guy is the byzantine conspiracy guy and he's trying to send you off on a wild goose chase to keep you from discovering his evil plans."

"Maybe we should just make an anonymous call to CPS about his kid's delinquent behavior. They'll investigate his house, probably take the kid away while investigating the home, put her ub foster care where she'll probably be killed by fundies in a botched exorcism because they saw her supernatural powers as proof that she's been possessed by Satan."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Thorne rolls his eyes. "There was a time when people thought NSA was a conspiracy. Would you lump the people who thought NSA was real, in with the people who think the president is a reptilian?" He taps his foot on the ground as he gives Shiroihako a moment to think on that parallel.

"... but you're right. I do have something to hide from the Reapers. But there's a flipside to that, one you are forgetting: I have a reason to be worried about you, and the Reapers." He taps his chest for emphasis.

"Hence, I propose you a new deal: help me figure out who this merchant is, and what the local Reapers are doing. You can tell your old clients you're still working on my daughter's case, that's as good cover as any. In exchange, I'll promise to talk with my daughter and supply you with information, and if possible, equipment you are missing. "