New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Bleach IC: Road Trip!

Beatrix attack the ice cream with vigor, as expected.. she isnt looking too thin.
    Balthazar is more timid.
    "Tha-thank you. It is a crazy story, I must warn you."
    Beatrix was focused on giving in to her gluttony.

Balthazar sighed. "Well. Our parents were... odd. And did the wierdest things. Like cults and everything." Pause.
    "In late years, they have joined the wierdest cult, and became... well.. inhuman."
    Beatrix has finished her ice cream and now grabbed Balthazar's.

Balthazar continued.
    "... eventually... we discovered they were merely hosts for... dragons." He pause, his muscles intensify,ready to grab Beatrix and run away.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" listens silently, stirring his coffee and occasionally takes another sip. "And? What then?" , he asks. "You look really tense. Are you still running away from those posing as your parents?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"You believe us?" Balthazar blinked in shock.
    "You don't think I am mad?'

Beatrix sighed,tossing away the ice cream cup, and starting sipping the coffee.

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe you are two teenagers on the run" , he answers matter-of-factly, "so even if you are mad, having someone listen to your story is what you need right now."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix now in Balthzar's coffee,doesn't seems in urgent emotional need.
    On the surface at least.
    "....Well. a witch has arrived.. and.. kiled them. At least she was dressed a s witch,and something like a gun.. but not exactly."
    "A wand. Slurp*" Beatrix correct her brother.
    "We ran away, she chased us as well, so I had to.. neautralize her." She finish the story.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" raises an eyebrow and looks at Beatrix. "You, ah, neutralized them?" , he says skeptically. "Somehow, I doubt a girl of your age and build could neutralize an armed aggressor, gun or wand. But if you did, that would explain why you two are on the run."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh." Beatrix snickers.
    "I am not a helpless little gamer nerd girl. I have my ways. So." She say, tossing the empty cup of Balthazar away.
    There something savage about her, very arrogant.
    "We ran away from dragons and witches, and here we find ghosts and what not. What is YOUR tale?"
    Balthazar had his time for their sob story.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"My story? Well, my boss happens to be s judo coach" , "Jack" says, smiling coolly at Beatrix. "I sometimes serve as his aide and sparring partner. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good fighter myself. I can call him and ask if we can go to the gym, if you want to see." He finishes his coffee. "Maybe you can show me how you "neutralized" a "witch" while we're at it."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "Oh no, I'm fine. I was just making conversation."

Sarah has found that a sleeping bag in a relatively secluded alley or the roof of a building makes for more than comfortable lodging, as long as it's away from the public eye.

That hippie van in the abandoned junkyard had been particularly nice. She'd been able to stay in the same place for a whole month before the land got bought. she thinks there's a Motel 6 there now.

The truth is, not unlike a soldier back from a long deployment, Sarah can't feel comfortable in a normal bed--elevated with no protection on the sides, far to exposed and vulnerable. And she's far too used to the ground to sleep on something too soft.
    Shiroihako:
    "Okay then."
    She will go to her hotel and sleep on her bed then, maybe things will be better in the morning? When she wakes up the next day, she will be in pretty much the same clothes....but the coat is grey now, the pants are blue and the shoes are black. As if they were just....palette swaps rather than separate clothes? Or that the color has been filled now.
    "Good Morning, Sarah."
    She will say when they meet again.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    "My story? Well, my boss happens to be s judo coach" , "Jack" says, smiling coolly at Beatrix. "I sometimes serve as his aide and sparring partner. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good fighter myself. I can call him and ask if we can go to the gym, if you want to see." He finishes his coffee. "Maybe you can show me how you "neutralized" a "witch" while we're at it."

Beatrix grin. "Sure. Sound like fun.' She get up.
    Balthazar looks nervouse. "Jack. You really shouldn't. Beatrix isn't playing around!'

Beatrix laugh. "What are you talking about? I always play around! Let's go!'

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" looks at Balthazar with weary smile that seems filled with... pity? "You seem oddly more worried about me than your sister", he says as he stands up. "Relax. It's just going to be a friendly spar." He reaches forward and gives Balthazar a reassuring pat on the shoulder, provided he doesn't shirk.

He gestures for the Barhams to follow and pulls a phone out of his pocket as he walks out of the cafeteria. He makes the call as they head for the gym. "It's Jack Thompson. I'm taking the Barham twins to the dojo. The girl has some unresolved business. We'll try to not break anything. I'll give you another call if something bad happens."

Apparently, Mister Thorne has no objections and little to add, because Jack ends the call almost immediately after.

The walk lasts for good fifteen minutes at a brisk pace and takes them to an old, yellow wooden building. "Jack" walks straight to its front door, pulls out a key and opens it. Inside, there's an indoor basketball court, with various sports equipment strewn on the edges.

"This used to be a school's sports hall, but the school itself got demolished when a newer one got built" , "Jack" remarks. "They rent it out to various sports clubs now. The tatamis are over there. Help me make a square so we can get started." He points to a far corner, where two piles of tatami mats stand, each as tall as "Jack".

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Balthazar just sigh, and he is the one to help with the tatamis, while, Beatrix, stand with wrapped up hands, looks amused.
    'You seems confident in yourself. I am enterained. Any rules?' she ask, while her brother drag tatamis

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're supposed to help, you know?" , "Jack" retorts while arranging the mats. When they're done arranging them into a large square, he bows and steps in. "The rules are as follows: if you are injured, feel sudden pain or find yourself unable to do anything, shout 'Maitta!' to surrender. If you're unable to shout, tap your partner or the ground three times in rapid succession, with your open palm, to do the same. If your opponent surrenders, you cease any attack on them. "

He pulls out his phone and hands it to Balthazar. "Here. If someone gets badly hurt or your sister doesn't know when to quit, call my boss. The phone's unlocked, it's the first number on the list."

He turns to face Beatrix, but still talks to Balthazar: "Give the mark for us to begin."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"You're supposed to help, you know?" , "Jack" retorts while arranging the mats. When they're done arranging them into a large square, he bows and steps in. "The rules are as follows: if you are injured, feel sudden pain or find yourself unable to do anything, shout 'Maitta!' to surrender. If you're unable to shout, tap your partner or the ground three times in rapid succession, with your open palm, to do the same. If your opponent surrenders, you cease any attack on them. "

He pulls out his phone and hands it to Balthazar. "Here. If someone gets badly hurt or your sister doesn't know when to quit, call my boss. The phone's unlocked, it's the first number on the list."

He turns to face Beatrix, but still talks to Balthazar: "Give the mark for us to begin."
    "Well,Balthazar do the boring stuff, I do the fun stuffm this how we split our efforts" Beatrix explain.

"On g-g-guarde?' Balthazar say weakly.

Beatrix launch forward, her fingers spread
    (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...a-vg&usqp=CAUL
    Charging toward her foe, slashing.

"Beatrix! Dont kill him!" He shriek.

Beatrix doesn't try to hit- so assuming she miss, few tatamis are shred, from the air pressure of her claws.
    She mostly testing right now.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" barely moves. He merely observes Beatrix's motion with a raised eyebrow, wondering why she's telegraphing an obvious miss.

He soon regrets his decision when the pressure from the near miss breaks the tatami mat next to him. He takes a few rapid steps backwards to create distance between himself and Beatrix. "I suppose this is on me for not telling you to not break anything..." , he says wearily.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Indeed it is.' Beatrix grin like a beast.
    "So. Are you sure you can deal with me?"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

In response, "Jack" takes several rapid steps towards Beatrix, moving just off her center line and reaching to grab her right wrist with his left hand. If successful, he'll pull her to grappling range and see what she'll do.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix let him grab him she has the confidence of someone who consider herself immortal.
    She smile, amused to see what he will do.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Beatrix doesn't bother to intelligently defend herself, "Jack" reaches and grabs her collar with his right hand, then sweeps her right leg and slams her to the ground. He immediately continues and tries to put Beatrix's right arm into an armbar. If succesfull, it will be very painful - and if Beatrix does not surrender, "Jack" will very seriously try to break her arm.

(Demonstration)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Since Beatrix doesn't bother to intelligently defend herself, "Jack" reaches and grabs her collar with his right hand, then sweeps her right leg and slams her to the ground. He immediately continues and tries to put Beatrix's right arm into an armbar. If succesfull, it will be very painful - and if Beatrix does not surrender, "Jack" will very seriously try to break her arm.

(Demonstration)

Beatrix fall under Jack, laughing. She doesn't show any sign that she feel the pain. It seemed she lacked even the basic self preservation instincts.
    "Ah. How curiouse.'
    She try to roll on him, with inhuman weight and strengh, not caring at all about the hand of this husk.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

The floorboards under the tatami creak as Beatrix rolls. "Jack" shifts his position so that he isn't trapped under Beatrix, trying to use her own movement against her. But, once her arm is twisted in a position that'd mean broken bones for any human, he realizes this tactic won't work. So, he lets go, rolls out of Beatrix's way and stands up in one fluid motion.

"It's as I suspected" , he says matter-of-factly. "The real Beatrix died a long time ago, didn't she? " He shoots a glance at Balthazar when he says it.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

The floorboards under the tatami creak as Beatrix rolls. "Jack" shifts his position so that he isn't trapped under Beatrix, trying to use her own movement against her. But, once her arm is twisted in a position that'd mean broken bones for any human, he realizes this tactic won't work. So, he lets go, rolls out of Beatrix's way and stands up in one fluid motion.

"It's as I suspected" , he says matter-of-factly. "The real Beatrix died a long time ago, didn't she? " He shoots a glance at Balthazar when he says it.
    Balthazar freak out. Deep inside he know.
    But deny.
    And he still is.
    "Don't speak nonesense!' He say angerly, himself radiating beastly draconic aura, his pupil shrink.
    "Let's go Beatrix!' He hiss.

Beatrix get up, if anything look... annoyed.
    She neither aprove, nor deny.
    "Well. That is inconvient. So are you working for the witches?" Her hand again does the dragon fist gesture.
    "I don't care if you spit your conspiracies around. I just don't want to deal with the bloody witches. Killing you, will also be a mess to clear after."

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" is taken aback by change in Balthazar's demeanor. He wasn't expecting the boy to have any powers. However, "Jack" soon collects himself.

"He's in denial", he remarks, returning his attention to Beatrix, "though I suppose his story was a bit more literal than I thought." He takes a few steps towards Beatrix, trying to goad her into taking another swing. If she does, he will duck under her swing, grab her arm and try to throw her over his shoulder. She is inhumanly heavy, but "Jack" is inhumanly strong - if she fails to defend again, he is strong enough to throw her through the floor if he has to.

---

Meanwhile, elsewhere:

Susan Thorne is just finishing doing the dishes when she hears the sound of a car arriving. She puts the last dish to dry, wipes her hands on a nearby towel and then tip-toes towards the garage door. She waits beside it, listening as her dad opens the garage door, drives the car in and turns off the engine. Then, she sneaks into the garage, ambushing her dad just as he's stepping out of the car.

"You missed dinner", she says and puffs her cheeks, arms crossed. "Mom was really confused. Where were you?"

Richard Thorne pauses and looks tiredly at his daughter, then sighs and closes the car door. "Unexpected things turned up. I'll need to talk to you about after I've dined."

Susan tilts her head, curious. "Oh? About...?"

Her dad closing the garage's outside door cuts her short. "I need to talk to all of you."

Susan raises am eyebrow. "Oh?" The her eyes widen and she continues with a more excited tone. "Oh! Well, all right! The food's in the fridge. Remember to apologize to mom!"

"I will", Richard replies. "Wait for me in your room."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Beatrix this time take Jack more seriously.
    "I really don't want to clean up a mess. I was going to let Balthy to play Scooby Doo around. Give me your word, you won't snitch to the witches and I'll let you live."

Balthazar moving toward Jack, prepared to attack, while Beatrix stay on the defence.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if Beatrix won't attack, "Jack" will have to take it himself... but then he hears Balthazar step on the tatami. He reverses direction and takes one inhumanly fast step towards Balthazar, then tries to kick his left leg from under him. If it connects, it could knock Balthazar down - or even break a bone. "Jack's" shins are like steel bars.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if Beatrix won't attack, "Jack" will have to take it himself... but then he hears Balthazar step on the tatami. He reverses direction and takes one inhumanly fast step towards Balthazar, then tries to kick his left leg from under him. If it connects, it could knock Balthazar down - or even break a bone. "Jack's" shins are like steel bars.
    Balthazar, pant and hiss with pain, getting crushed down.
    Beatrix frown, her expriession is quite... draconic.

'This is MY human, you filth! Only I get to bully him!' she roar, her hands turn into dark claws, slashing without any regrad beside punishing Jack.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" ducks under the slash and blocks Beatrix's swing at her shoulder, narrowly avoiding her claws - but the sheer force of impact makes him grimace, his bones creaking under Beatrix's weight. He tries to use her momentum to throw her over his hip, right on top of Balthazar.

(Demonstration)

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

"Jack" ducks under the slash and blocks Beatrix's swing at her shoulder, narrowly avoiding her claws - but the sheer force of impact makes him grimace, his bones creaking under Beatrix's weight. He tries to use her momentum to throw her over his hip, right on top of Balthazar.

(Demonstration)
    Beatrix isn't a martial artist. She is a predator, who now believe she is immortal. Her attacks are direct and fierce- but simple.
    She is falling to Jack's technique easily, crushing Balthazar under her.
    She jump up, hissing.
    "You don't understand what are you playing at." Clasp her hands/claws together, lifting her combined punch together, to hammer it on Jack's head.
    Again, powerful, direct and easily readable move.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack" may be the better martial artist of the two, but part of that is realizing when your opponent is stronger than you. So while technically he could block her blow and throw her again, he doesn't want to get under that blow. A slight error could cause irreparable damage to his body.

So, instead, he jumps backwards, far out of Beatrix's range. A calculation is going on in his head: Beatrix seems immune to pain and putting her in a joint lock was useless. Throwing her down made her angry but didn't seem to cause any damage. A change of tactics is in order, or this fight won't be over before the entire building is reduced to rubble.

>>Full combat augments activated
    >>Activating soul-to-energy conversion engine
    >>Converting 0.05% of soul-mass into spiritual pressure

"Jack" pulls back his hand. It looks like the windup to a simple, telegraphed straight punch. "Hollow Annihilation Method I", Jack recites, "Soul Gun!" And then he leaps forward like a rocket, the floor breaking under him, his fist speeding towards Beatrix's center of mass, blue flames licking his body, the shockwave causing the entire building to quake. If the punch connects, it has enough force to knock Beatrix off the tatami, against the wall and then through the wall. A normal human would just be reduced into fine red mist.

---

Meanwhile, elsewhere

Susan steps into her bedroom, clutching Hobbes in her lap. As she closes the door, she spots two ghostly copies of herself sitting on the bed. One is reading a Calvin & Hobbes anthology while the second is braiding her hair. "Oh, four and five! Here you are!", Susan chimes. Then it hits her. "Wait... have you been her all day?!?!"

The two ghosts pause and look at each other, puzzled. "Uh... yeah? Was there something we were supposed to do?", the first one asks. "I thought we were two and three...", the second one adds, placing a finger on her lips.

Susan huffs and rolls her eyes. "No~o, two and three were out looking for dad." She tosses Hobbes on the bed, then throws herself on it as well and sighs. "Anyways, we had a roll call earlier today. You really should've been there."

"Well okay", the ghosts reply in unison. After a while of thinking, the first one continues: "What... was it about?"

"Yeah, what was it about?", Hobbes joins in the conversation. Where a second ago there was a stuffed doll, there now a miniature tiger, stretching its back and paws. "I feel sort of left out. I've just been sitting on the couch for hours, pretending to be a good doll."

"Well, dad was late for dinner", Susan starts, "and things had been moved around in the garage. And now he wants to talk with us. All of us."

"Oh", Hobbes says. Then he connects the dots and his eyes widen. "Oh", he repeats with a much darker tone.

The three Susan all fix their attention on him. "What? Do you know what this is all about?", they ask, curious.

"Not really? It's just... garage is where your dad keeps his... errr, army stuff", the tiger answers evasively. His fur is bristling. "This could be bad. Have any of you done something really bad?"

Susans look at each other. "I dunno, have we?"

Hobbes jumps out of the bed and goes to look out of the window. "... I think someone needs to fetch the rest of you here. I will be back soon. Don't go anywhere." His paws turn up in a distinctly humanoid manner as he pulls the window open, then slips out of it with feline grace. Susans are left waiting for their dad, wondering what on Earth is going on...

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

While powerful, and seemingly immortal, it doesn't mean she can't be moved.
    Still full of herself, over eating a witch, she just allow it to happen- her eyes widen- for a moment, a black goeey thing is spat from her mouth, as she sent flying through the wall- but, while flying, she send her hands, pushing it back inside, just to be covered in rocks.

Jack seemed to win... but for how long will the rocks hold Beatrix down?

------
    My previouse Avater