Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Arbites Strike Team (DH1) OOC

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    WP test [roll0] TN 34 (no charm for me unless a packet of Lho sticks counts )
    Maybe if you were actually smoking one? Nah, not really =)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I feel like we really need to organize ourselves. We are currently less a "team" and more a "loose group of strangers".

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    I feel like we really need to organize ourselves. We are currently less a "team" and more a "loose group of strangers".
    That may be wise, I guess.

Right now, you know there's some sort of alien involved - well, it seems quite likely - and that it has some sort of connection with the colony leadership, possibly (likely?!) psychic. Not everyone seems to be behind what's going on, your friendly enforcer guys being the example. Then you have the Special Branch, who seem to be some sort of ... elite, private guard?

You have with you a pile of evidence, which may clear up more. And a good, safe (-ish) place to study it would be aboard the gavel.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the plan is to get back on board the ship, review the data, blow up the xeno, then arrest the governor. We might want to call for backup for the zeno destruction. I am not exactly clear on how much firepower the ship has.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

IF we have access to their comm network, we can perhaps place our own messages, like ordering the regular forces to take the special branch into custody or something.

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    IF we have access to their comm network, we can perhaps place our own messages, like ordering the regular forces to take the special branch into custody or something.
    Well - you can certainly try. It'll require some rolls, Tech Use to actually put it in there, and some form of social skill to create convincing orders. Any type of Lore related to military or Arbites would be best.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well, i can do tech-use (if you ignore the results of the last 5 rolls...) who is our military man? They can make some official orders to transmit.

8. - Top - End - #98

Well, i can do tech-use (if you ignore the results of the last 5 rolls...) who is our military man? They can make some official orders to transmit.
    Well - you can make 'official' orders, but not official. You're not actually in the chain of command. If you lack the skill, you can roll vs Fellowship - that's at half value, so it's not ideal, but clever wording and good roleplay always gives bonuses, so at least it's not an auto-fail. Or you can ask the crew on the Gavel to cook something up (as in, ask your friendly GM to do it) which will have some sort of chance of succes. Certainly there's people on board who can help. How well they perform will depend on the wording of the request (after all, they're not familiar with the situation) and the fickle nature of the GM. I will not, however, deliberately screw you over - though I also give no guarantees of unproblematic succes.

9. - Top - End - #99

Shutting down the colony defense batteries will - very robustly - shift the firepower in your favor. Finding the location of the Gunnery Control Bunker may pose a challenge, but not one that can't be overcome. Getting in is another matter. But again, manageable with a bit of cleverness - or good rolls. Or help from someone.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Does the asteroid have a Mechanicus enclave on it? They would be separate from the regular administration, and although, not technically under our purview, might be amenable to not getting the asteroid nuked by the Arbites.

11. - Top - End - #101

Does the asteroid have a Mechanicus enclave on it? They would be separate from the regular administration, and although, not technically under our purview, might be amenable to not getting the asteroid nuked by the Arbites.
    Yes, there's a Mechanicus presense here. For one thing, the giant drill crawler that made Shaft 51 is the kind of thing only the Mechanicus can operate.

12. - Top - End - #102

Like an hour or so ago, Anton was born. He has the size and shape of the average human baby, with the expected number of heads, appendages and so on.

He says hi. Or, more accurately he says little burbling sounds which I interpret as hi 😊

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Like an hour or so ago, Anton was born. He has the size and shape of the average human baby, with the expected number of heads, appendages and so on.

He says hi. Or, more accurately he says little burbling sounds which I interpret as hi 😊
    Congratulations! We'll start expecting many posts from you at 3am now
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

14. - Top - End - #104

Congratulations! We'll start expecting many posts from you at 3am now
    Thanks =)

Currently he's exceedingly well behaved, so I have high hopes =D

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Massive congrats from everyone on my side of the computer screen!

16. - Top - End - #106

Tanks a bunde =)

So, the consensus is to go talk with the mechanicus?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tanks a bunde =)

So, the consensus is to go talk with the mechanicus?
    That's my understanding.

18. - Top - End - #108

A note of (maybe) general interest: You needn't have the pilot skill or roll tech-use or the like to operate everyday machinery. You can use data slates, access cogitators to check public data networks, and drive your everyday commuter vehicle - all free of checks.

Accessing anything not on the public data networks, or flying a vehicle is another matter.

Also, I want to revisit the question of command structure. Who wants to be sergeant?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Hey

Sorry, been busy with the mundane realities of lock down life. I'll catch up with the thread at the weeknd
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

20. - Top - End - #110

Hey

Sorry, been busy with the mundane realities of lock down life. I'll catch up with the thread at the weeknd
    I'll be honest - I consider this game to have died, sadly. But I do not abandon my games. I'll gladly try and poke it, see if we can nurse it back to life. Maybe try to recruit some replacements? How many still actually follow the thread?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm still here. I might reroll my character; I'm feeling that Religion is not a great fit with Law. Also, we really need to settle on a chain of command, or at least a leader.

22. - Top - End - #112

I'm still here. I might reroll my character; I'm feeling that Religion is not a great fit with Law. Also, we really need to settle on a chain of command, or at least a leader.
    I just don't want to be making decision for the group, at least.

Religion is pretty close to the Law, though. It's not like reverence for the God-Emperor is voluntary =D
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2020-06-28 at 07:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Still around.

24. - Top - End - #114

Well so long as there's still 3 players, we're fine. Could do with maybe one more, but it's no biggie.

Decide if you want to just walk in the front door and talk to the mechanicus, or not - and do so.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm still keeping an eye on things. I like my character, but I seem to have foolishly failed to purchase some useful skills like driving and seeing things.

26. - Top - End - #116

But I still need someone to post something or other on how you want to approach the Mechanicus enclave. I could just assume you walk in the front door and ask for the manager - but I really don't want to.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

That's actually exactly what I was thinking! But i wasn't sure if we needed to roll drive/awareness to avoid security patrols or being hassled by space-cops.

28. - Top - End - #118

That's actually exactly what I was thinking! But i wasn't sure if we needed to roll drive/awareness to avoid security patrols or being hassled by space-cops.
    Nah, I'll call for checks when needed. Basically, you can do anything you want up until the point you encounter resistance - the need for a check. I'll always tell you when that is =)

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I love exterminators. They are a great way to start a fight. Not many people can easily see past a fireball!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I love exterminators. They are a great way to start a fight. Not many people can easily see past a fireball!
    Smells like victory?