Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Let's Read] Dungeons the Dragoning 40,000 7th ed. v1.6

Up into the equipment section of book 1. Fixed a few typos I've run across too.

I worked out alternate costs & bits for the custom weapon charts in book 2. Existing weapons can be replicated or approximated with the new costs.

Worked out a 'balanced' set of vehicle melee weapons and got the lascannon from book 1 in as a vehicle weapon. It's size 4 so if you want to have a one-peice mp las cannon t's about the size of an average human.

My additions to the armors are going to involve a fair bit of squeezing. Some weapon pics in the equipment section may have to go. That's ok since most of those are pretty lousy images anyways.

Still taking suggestions for pics for blank spots and replacement weapon images.

Should have done properly object oriented code for the vehicle builder. But I wasn't sure about some of the middle bits when I started. If this were paid/job I'd give it a proper refactoring. Since it's hobby I'll luve with imperfect cut & paste.

Realized that since I have all the rollers and the vehicle builder in html I could slap around a simple website to hold everything in a single place. Anyone want to recommend a particularly good free hosting service?
    Niven's Laws, #5
    If you've nothing to say, say it any way you like. Stylistic innovations, contorted story lines or none, exotic or genderless pronouns, internal inconsistencies, the recipe for preparing your lover as a cannibal banquet: feel free. If what you have to say is important and/or difficult to follow, use the simplest language possible. If the reader doesn't get it then, let it not be your fault.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Vehicle builder web page done. This version at least.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11uu...w?usp=drivesdk

Edit-Found errors, new version soon.

Edit-Fixed errors, same link, still html page.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-02-05 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Fixed errors

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Done with straight text alterations through the equipment section.

Added my batch of armors, fixed some spelling errors, added a pic at the end of the cyber stuff. Left the trashy weapon images in, nobody said anything and I'm not spending that much of my limited time on finding new ones. That said, I can move stuff around on the pages and combine the trash pics into a single space for larger images if anyone has some.

I have some notes on tasks, TNs/DCs. Need to type those up for either PDF notes or an appendix of DMing advice.

How good?
    TN 5 @ 50% for even 1k1
    TN 10 @ 50% with 7k1 (2k2 does 50% at about TN 11.5)
    TN 15 @ 50% with 10k1 and 3k2.
    TN 20 @ 50% with 7k2 and 4k3.
    TN 25 @ 50% with 6k3 and 5k4.
    TN 30 @ 50% with 9k3, 6k4, and 5k5.
    TN 35 @ 50% with 8k4, 7k5, 6k6.
    To figure what the chance of rolling with a raise add 5 to your TN and look at those dice. So TN 20 has a 50% chance at success with a raise at 6k3 or 5k4. For figuring checks go the other way, TN 20 has a 50% chance of failure with two checks at 7k1.

Straight roll vs. TN = target shooting.
    Straight roll vs. raises over TN = jumping distance.
    Straight opposed rolls = spell saves, grapple, dodge, parry.

Number of successes: This is a time measure roll. How long it takes to complete some task. Can be simplified to a slightly higher TN, one roll, and shift the time based on checks/raises.
    Number of successes before number of failures: This is a time check with a chance of failure in the middle. If you want to use this learn from the D&D 4e mistake -> more rolls = more average results, less rolls = more random. If the people are rolling at better than 50% for each roll then more rolls = more chance of success and is thus 'easier' to succeed than fewer rolls. Again, you can just +10 the TN and declare that failure by three checks or something.

Total amount: Add up the rolls to a gigantic TN. This is another "how long" check.
    Total amount over a TN: A slower "how long" that can gate out characters with fewer dice. I like using this for opening really big stuck doors. Strength+Size TN 20 to total 50. Or you can say 10 raises over TN 20. Mind, 8k4 has a 10% chance to throw a 50+ result.
    Total amount with reducers: This is a form of extended opposed rolls. Even if it's a constant -10 on the total that's like being opposed by a 7k1 or 2k2. Again, this is a time check with a chance of failure. Barring the dice god's curse it's "do you have more dice than the reducer?".

Break it down: 1) Straight success/failure, 2) how well you rolled, 3) how long it took, 4) how long with the possibility of failure. That's it, those are what you're really rolling for.
    Niven's Laws, #5
    If you've nothing to say, say it any way you like. Stylistic innovations, contorted story lines or none, exotic or genderless pronouns, internal inconsistencies, the recipe for preparing your lover as a cannibal banquet: feel free. If what you have to say is important and/or difficult to follow, use the simplest language possible. If the reader doesn't get it then, let it not be your fault.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Update: got into playing the game section last weekend, will make more progress this weekend. Found another problem with vehicle builder web page, fixed but not uploaded. Started writing up text for appendices on breaks.

Who wants a randon daemon generator? The defaults are a bit naff, even my "just add daemonhost qualities & a magic school" make them just OK. Building it as above plus adding two random skills, a npc trait or mutation(weapon limb or stat rearrange) or warp power(simply a few of the warp crap roll results as usable abilities), and a feat package or "daemon of foo" ability(modified forms of the chosen exalt assets).
    Niven's Laws, #5

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Status update:

Straight text editing done. Going back through and cleaning up some formatting since I found a better way to do it half way through. Then I need to build my appendices, although I could also rebuild the main book and start adding the notes/annotations then attach the appendices at the end. The dice rollers and such are going at the very end and then you do bookmarks last.

The daemon improvement randomizer is going well. Since its two buttons and a text box it will be included as one of the forms pages. Since its properly object oriented I may be up adding lich / vamp / young dragon / etc., to it. I think I'll end up translating it to java, moving the lists to text files, and adding it as another page of the andriod app.

I rewrote a couple magic items, but if you want to rewrite a couple of the magic bead ones I'll willing to replace a couple of the lamer ones with whatever you come up with. Just keep it around the same word count / length.

Also still willing to replace pics in the equipment chapters with whatever you want. Same thing, try for the same-ish size, but I can move text around decently so you could combine a couple size worth of pics for replacement.
    Niven's Laws, #5

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

25 pages left to format and the straight text changes are done. Then I work on the appendices.

Daemon & hero randomizer are done. Will upload and link hrml & pdf versions "soon". Will build them into andriod app "someday", probably after book 2 editing completes.

Last call (probably) if you want replacement pics / artifacts included.
    Niven's Laws, #5

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

I blame you guys. It's been too quiet.

minion rules page pdf

So the straight text edits are done in book 1. I'm on to compiling the appendices and putting them into PDFs, then I'll stitch everything back into one big PDF and begin the final run of inserting notes and bookmarks.

I made a spaceship builder html page and bit to automate space ship shield hits and regeneration. Then I tested it by comparing the shields. Well, the spaceship shields are another thing to balance now. The high end multiphasic shields turned out just too good in testing, they have effectively increasing regeneration and resistance to disruption as they go down. I fooled with other way to run them, since the book is vague on how to do that, and anything but each layer being it's own separate shield but not going out until all shields have gone out was just trash. So... Gotta fool with that a bit.
    Niven's Laws, #5

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

I love how the Fluffy Bunnies are straight up more dangerous than the kobolds.
    Last edited by lightningcat; 2021-03-14 at 06:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lightningcat View Post
    I love how the Fluffy Bunnies are straight up more dangerous than the kobolds.
    That's original to the book. I'm blaming you lot for my picture choices. You dang near ened up with some almost nsfw motivators from the old thread we killed rpg.net with ("got better").

The appendices are going faster. I'm replacing the "example of play" section with them. It was kind of "bleah" that's just getting replaced by optional rules and charts.

Did figure out a better balance of shields. I threw a 33 dmg 3 dis hit on 1/round and 2/round. Same with a 28 dmg 8 dis hit. Then x2 and x4 17 dmg 0 dis, and the same as 13 dmg 5 dis. Then 1/round and 2/round mini torps and monopole torps. Ended with 1/round rift torps. Kept track of how many rounds & fractions it took to knock out the shields. Balance is that each shield was best against some and worst against some, except standard that wasn't best anywhere but was only worst against multiple torpedo hits each round. Values mostly went up to increase the difference between shields to the point theres a noticable difference. Amount/regen of mk1 to mk4 follows. Standard: 80/15 to 150/20. Cov: 100/5 to 200/10. Regen: 60/25 to 100/40. Resil: 80/7 to 170/13. Multi all still 20/10 but now x3 to x6.
    Niven's Laws, #5

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Still on p.2, but was asked to post comments I made elsewhere… here (I hope).

So, I've only gotten to actually *play* a very little dtd40k7e - mostly I've been planning and world-building and making NPCs. But the *negative* side of my impressions so far: "Cons: character creation feels too complex for the benefits. Class system offers too little crossover potential. Feels too much like "one trick pony" is the optimal play. Needs better (more extensive) tables. Limited potential for growth. Perhaps most of all, "raises" system feels horrifically underutilized."

My biases: my group likes Daemonhosts, and Wealth.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

You have done more with the system than I have then. I have only gotten characters made.
    The downsides to life I suppose.

But all I can say is read fast, Telok is almost done with his Revised edition. Which I am not saying "I told you so" about.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

The heck I'm almost done. I need to do the last bit of the magic appendix (pushing animate dead), then the chase rules (built like the book 2 vehicle chases), then the npcs-minions-fight-estimation, then the bit about the setting (how availability of astropaths & navigators affects things). Then recompile from loose page back into one pdf.

That'll be the draft. If I'm really lucky I might get that done this weekend. I'll post it for comments. Thing is, the text edits are only about... 3/5 of it all? I'm going to go through and put in notes and page links. The notes are where all the optional rules and useful advice will be.

If you want to suggest rejiggering class feats for more crossing go ahead. I made fairly few changes to them. I'll try to dig up and post the exact changes I've made so far.

Um, tables. Insanity and shock got reworked tables, plus I tried to de-uberstat willpower a bit. Appendices have big lists of derangements and phobias. A d200 mutation list, for funsies. Doubled the size of the armor table. Personal fav add is Plastic Man armor, cheap trash but also managed to make it a callback to Rifts, Starwars, and Paranoia. Also threw in a powered exoskeleton so you can do the Aliens polwer loader fight scene and have cheaper but lousy open-face power armor. Fixed the grand daiklaive, added a compound bow, tweaked grenades. Added a listing of... either conditions or situations. To the combat chapter. I think. Late night fixing coffee machines and family computers. May check lat$+?:
    Niven's Laws, #5

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

So, to explain my issue with the classes… as the man said, everything should be as simple as it can be (and no simpler).

All the classes have prerequisites. That would be fine, but… for the most part, the only way to enter "foo 3" is through "foo 2". The class system has all the disadvantages of 3e D&D, with none of the advantages of its "Legos" nature.

What it *does* give is the rare Easter egg when one actually *can* enter foo 2 from bar 1.

How would I fix it? Well, that's a tough one.

My first though would be to make another 20 or so class progressions (so, 100 extra classes), with an eye towards overlapping abilities. Maybe a D&D based class, like wildshape Ranger, who could transition to and from Druid as well as one or more ranged or melee classes. Maybe a Psion and Psychic Warrior class progression, which… heck, who knows what they might be similar to in this system, but they've definitely got cross-class school access.

Or maybe class tracks based on other systems, like Warhammer fantasy "Winds" Mage, who gets access to exactly 1 school of magic, and… whatever else that system gives them. Or a "cultist of Tzeentch" class track, that gives odd magic (make the target vomit? Really, Tzeentch?) and social skills.

My second thought was to parallel prestige classes. Much like the "command crew" classes, they would be 1-2 levels long. Unlike those classes, they would explicitly be built a) to allow entry from many classes; b) to allow exit into many classes; c) to carry a cost.

So, for example, a very *specific* class, like bar-bear-ian, who can rage, and change into a bear. Suppose it's a level 2 class. Then it would be designed to enter from Barbarian 1 or Druid 1, and able to exit into Barbarian 2 or Druid 2… *or* enter from Barbarian 2 or Druid 2, and able to exit into Barbarian 3 or Druid 3. So it slows down your progression, while giving you level-appropriate abilities, and definite exit options.

Or, for a more general example, a very generic Mystic Theurge. It would be a generic caster class, able to be entered from any caster class, granting all schools of magic, and exits to any caster class. Maybe it slows you down even more, enterable by any level 3 caster, and exiting to any level 3 caster.

Note that, in order to guarantee exit to a class, you have to grant at least the skills that that class requires.

Which… is another concept that my group is struggling with.

At character creation, you can start with up to 3 dots in any skill. Now, the system lets you fiddle around with how you assigned your skills, which is great.

But suppose that your character, for character reasons, didn't take a skill, like Stealth or Ranged or Forbidden Lore or Drive. If your character takes interest in this skill… they cannot advance it unless their class offers it. Which means that, to get the skill, they have to take a class from a different track… if they can even qualify for one that gives that skill, without actually *having* the skill.

So, the two issues with skills (which are more "feel" than "fact") are "you need the skill to get the skill", and "you *could* learn it when 'classless', but not now that you've chosen a class".

A third way I might try to make the class system complexity match what it offers is to give classes explicit career exits (like Warhammer fantasy does). So maybe "Ranger 3" exits to "Ranger 4", "Druid 2", "Arcane Archer 1", and "Pokemon trainer 1". And some classes are still "basic" classes, that you can enter from anywhere.

The downside is, if you make a new class in a new book, it has to edit all the previous classes that should allow entry into it. So a new book with "Faustian lyrist" has to say, "add this class to the 'Bard 3' career exit table". Which isn't as clean as the other 2 solutions, IMO.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

SQUEE!

The first draft!

The file size is 85 megs because I haven't done any optimization on it yet. No bookmarks, no links, no notes in it. I also can't tell if all the forms are working as I'm running Adobe Reader through the WINE program because apparently Adobe doesn't compile stuff for non-Windows systems. At least one did work, I don't know about the others because I haven't done extensive testing and I can't tell if it's the PDF compiler I'm using, the Adobe Reader having an error, or there's a bug in the scripts on the forms.

Quertus: I went though and looked at the classes again, then did a spreadsheet with lines all over it. I tweaked some of the requirements and offered feats. Other than the barbarian track there ought to be two off-track entries into the 2nd and 3rd level classes, and at least one off-track entry into each 4th level class. I'm OK with the 5th level classes being locked to the 4th level class from their own track. Originally (and I didn't change it) anyone can buy up any skill, it's just 2x the XP cost if it wasn't in any of you class skill lists.

Remember, any adding of pages means that I'd have to go through and manually re-number every single page after that. So any proposed changes to the class setup should fit within the current page count.

Edit: found logic errors crossing rogue & assassin levels. Issue on p.81 werewolf feral heart power table - background lightening from the original table dosen't match. Pic background for p.123 isn't transparent. Capitalization & clarity in text p.129. Text spacing p.133. Words p.157 WoF: "think fog" - thick & contingency "pointing tp" - at. Mind net p.160 "include" add "s". Command p.162 cross check against magic appendix for subversion resource. General magic check spells to find missed saving throw keywords. DesigTarg p.163 clarify who saves (target). EGrasp keyword line extra \r. EBits p.165 roll - focus power test. Image p.168 add subtle. PI p.169 untill caster wants animation to stop. Transform p.173 proficient & add "with". Sword schools, check backgrounds on diff monitors at diff settings. Insanity p.270 change some willpower check(s) to composure. Non cobatant def to 14, p.337. Add paragrapg title after example or move example down p.372.

Edit: found issue with forms, was same name fields, have new compiled rollers with fixed names, will replace on next draft. Initial optimize test reduced to 26mb, still 2x original but much better than 85.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-03-30 at 12:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Disappointed in you guys. I'm still finding and correcting lots of little issues as well as reworking some stuff.

As a time filler have a pdf, not only of the compiled assorted rollers, but with the vehicle and spelljammer builder html files attached to it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16pi...w?usp=drivesdk

I rewrote the class pages, they now note which classes they exit to. Tweaked a few bits on the artifacts, after I noticed that I would never consider some of them even if they fit a character. Amusingly artifact 1 can get you artifact Plastic Man armor. Artifact 4 can get you artifact Plastic Man armor, artifact autopistol, artifact ammo for said pistol. Added a few more appendix bits, stuff on dice rolling, hacking, chases, etc. Need to rewrite the index pages now. Decided to make them a 2 column format and start with an index of tables that, in the end, will be hyperlinked to each table so you can just hit the index page to hop to any table in the book.
    Niven's Laws, #5

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Well the problem is I looked it over and saw little different from the usual thing aside from your additional stuff which I didn't have much of an opinion on. so its like, I'm not sure what I should be saying?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well the problem is I looked it over and saw little different from the usual thing aside from your additional stuff which I didn't have much of an opinion on. so its like, I'm not sure what I should be saying?
    Well for starters when I'm opening a pdf page in LibreDraw it renders bold MPalatin font as bold outline MPalatin font and drops the MagicMedieval font for it's default setting font. I found at least one place where I'd missed a word (melee weapon table). I'm throwing in things that I notice or think of as I go along. Most are pretty minor, but I tweaked the grenade costs and added the compound bow that way. In this next draft I'll have touched all the artifacts, mostly minor changes but a couple new items I just though up.

The graphics on a few of the backgrounds of the tables has been pretty bad in a couple places that I've noticed. I'm checking the visuals on my two home screens with slightly different settings and on a phone and a tablet. But I can't always easily tell if something looks off and there's no way for me to go through every page four times, mostly because of time constraints. I get to do most of my work after the rest of the house has gone to bed.

The appendices are all written in my own tone. While I try to be clear and concise I know that I don't always succeed and that I can't tell when that is. So if there's anything in those that's incoherent I'd love it if somebody piped up about it.

Last, I really am taking suggestions. There are a few remaining spots for pictures and I'm not exactly emotionally attached to a lot of the pics in the books. I think there's a bit of a heavy WH40K graphical influence that I'd like a little lighter. But finding images that are reasonably possible to use takes a fair bit of time. The images in the equipment section, I'd love to replace on pages 209, 210, 212, and 213. Since moving text around on a page is easy I can combine or split space for bigger or smaller images. The artifact hearthstone Windstone is pretty lousy (seriously, parrying bullets is what stunts are for I seriously don't want that sort of air-breathing mermaid issue here) but I don't know what to replace it with or how to change it. The essence union dart is probably pretty weak too. Gemstone of Immortality, exalts are already canonically immortal plus RPG character life expectancy make it pretty pointless as an artifact for the PCs and I can't really see NPCs going for it too much as I'm sure other methods to gain immortality exist (level 1 vampires are tough but not invincible so it's perfectly possible to go for a turn & kill setup or just buying your way in, promethians are made, and there's always the Deadpool method of trying to become a daemonhost or werewolf).
    Niven's Laws, #5

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Oops.

During lunch I stuck a random generator on the spelljammer builder html page...

I now have a 16000 line text file of assorted spelljammers. Some of them involve bad decisions. A few are quite good. I only looked at the first 80 or so.

I may never need to build another jammer again...

Crud. I need a random name generator linked in. And a rule to reject a few bad decisions.

Edit: right filtering out the worst decisions (like holdings 5 ships with quality 1 crew and shields) was trivial. Next, names.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-04-13 at 08:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

New draft up. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XTh...ew?usp=sharing

Over 80 pages edited from the last one. All classes and almost all spell list pages got touched.

Naturally I've already found 9 pages that need little fixes.

Edit: Boo-Ya! Boo-Ya! Little edits & fixes done. Will do an optimized pdf with working form pages (two broke up there) today. After that I'm doing the hyperlinks and option/comment stamping. Last call for picture recommendations replacements, or other requests.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-04-19 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Update

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I can tell you one flaw I have with your pdfs over the original: the original has various bookmarks for ease of jumping to one section or another

Whoa whoa whoa, what are the "exits" on the classes? why are those there? do they limit what I can exit into, because I don't like that, and wouldn't play this version.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think they limit what you can exit to, rather they not which classes this class will allow you to qualify for on there own. Unfortunately its hard to prove a negative so I can't say that it is always true but that is what it suggests to me.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

No, the exits aren't limits. They're just the easiest next step.

Bookmarks. So, um, many posts ago I spoke about the actual process that this was going to take. Step 1 was extracting the (apparently custom/unusual) fonts and getting them into my editors. Step 2 was splitting then entire ~380 page document into ~380 one page documents so I could edit them without paying a year+ subscription to Adobe. And it actually turned out that Adobe Pro would have been terrible for editing large amounts of text anyways. Then of course all the pages had to be reassembled (the program for that is what's breaking the dice roller forms at the end, have to use pro on lunch break to remove & re-add). That ended up with a 89 meg document, too big. Optimization takes it down to 29 megs or a little less.

Yeah, bookmarks and hyperlinks go in last because there's something like 3 or 4 steps that would break them.

Edit: also all the classes got evened out, no more creative cross classing to get to 5th level under 20 feats (get evocation through daemonhost/atlantean and have meteor storm when other characters are just about to/unlocking 4th level with no magics/swords). The best I can do is get a very specific gnome cleric build that ends at 3250xp & 5 healing or abjuration when the other classes end out at 3200xp but no swords/magics.

But keep up the checks. The exits confusion is the sort of thing I need to know about before I finish off a section.

Edit edit: ok, figured can put "how to read a class" on p.88 or p.89 and will add explanatory annotations in the intro classes. Don't really want to kill the pic on p.89 but may need room. Opinions? Suggestions for a different pic half as wide?
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-04-21 at 12:34 PM. Reason: More stuff

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18eS...w?usp=drivesdk

New version. 30mb, has working rollers and attached vehicle/spelljammer builders.

You know, turns out it helps if you remember to turn on the image compression stuff when exporting pages to pdf format. One page went from 8mb to under 200kb.

Updated vampire undead resilience. See, originally it barely did anything, except it referenced the Undead trait in the npc section. That originally just removed I think eating, breathing, and sleeping. Which meant you could technically kill zombies & skeletons with bleeding or knock them out with fatigue.

One thing I'm doing is building characters, intentionally building ones I wouldn't play or usually build. For just this reason, to find these things.
    Niven's Laws, #5

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

OK I haven't really had time to go into any depth, I tried just skimming it but there is so much going on I couldn't really pick anything out. But there is something I noticed while searching for "exits" for the last post. And that is maybe instead of marking starting/level 1 classes just put the level number there. It feels like knowing being able to pick out level 2, 3, 4 and 5 classes would be helpful.

Also now I forget, and it just occurred to me so I'm going to skip checking, do you have page references on the class list? That might be useful too.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cluedrew View Post
    OK I haven't really had time to go into any depth, I tried just skimming it but there is so much going on I couldn't really pick anything out. But there is something I noticed while searching for "exits" for the last post. And that is maybe instead of marking starting/level 1 classes just put the level number there. It feels like knowing being able to pick out level 2, 3, 4 and 5 classes would be helpful.

Also now I forget, and it just occurred to me so I'm going to skip checking, do you have page references on the class list? That might be useful too.
    Planning on hyperlinking the crud out of the index and classes and feats. Putting some in the "how to play section too". That sound good?

Edit: also spells, sword schools, and the appendices are the big change areas. Looking for outliers in spells, stuff to absolutely always take or never take. Checking that you'd want to take acsword school to 5 dots (get effectively 50xp per dot to spend on a move when buying a dot of a school). Want the extra stuff to make sense and be readable.

Have started editing pages from book 2 until probably the weekend. Then will start in on annotate and marking book 1.

More edit: improved random spelljammer generator, added bookmarks & set page numbering to match, fix 2 typo.

Next step should be annotating & commentary. Annoying - adobe will do custom mark icons but won't copy/paste, okular will copy/paste but not correctly do custom icons. Searching reveals both issues going back several years.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-04-29 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Update