New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)

Hello everybody. Today I'm going to review a classic Sci-Fi movie of the 2001 movie A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Spoiler: My Thoughts Of A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
    Show
    This movie is about a robot boy named David who was programmed for love. He was sent to a Cybertronics employee and his wife as a test run. It was very difficult for David to be accepted by his human family. As soon as their human son revived from his illness it becomes worse for David. The family couldn't deal with David anymore so the mother took drove to the forest and abandoned him there. As soon he walks out he met a womanizer robot and they were capture from other humans so they can destroy robot as sports. David and his friend escaped. They were looking for the Blue Fairy. And it was only David alone. 2,000 years have passed and the aliens revived David and the alien explain to David that he can revive his mother by a sample of her hair. So they revive his mother and David and his mother was very happy. This movie was great. I enjoy it. It's Oscar-worthy in my opinion. So I'll give this movie 5 out of 5 stars.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)

According to the script, David's saviors at the end are actually descended from robots who survived humanity's end. I think this makes the story better, as it means for all the abuse the humans gave robots, they survived in the end, and still loved the memory of humans enough to look after David.
    yo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteless View Post
    According to the script, David's saviours at the end are actually descended from robots who survived humanity's end. I think this makes the story better, as it means for all the abuse the humans gave robots, they survived in the end, and still loved the memory of humans enough to look after David.
    Well, the script does make sense though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Are you still looking for advice on how to write reviews better? Or are you happy with how you write them now?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Are you still looking for advice on how to write reviews better? Or are you happy with how you write them now?
    I'm happy on how I write now. I think it was a very solid review? Right?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I'm happy on how I write now. I think it was a very solid review? Right?
    If you think it was solid and your happy with it, then that's what matters most.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Was I the only one who got there were robots not aliens when watching the movie?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

A.I. was a mess of a movie.

It was intended as a modern retelling of Pinocchio, but seemed to stumble through a few different tonal shifts that didn't do the story any favors. It's the sad a result of Kubrick's original idea being filtered through the Spielberg schlock machine. You can see where Kubrick likely had intended for it to be a darker, much more introspective and thoughtful film, but Spielberg couldn't resist trying to put in his trademark whimsy and shoehorned "happy ending"

I feel like the movie would have been a lot strong overall if it had ended with David trapped in the ice forever. A somber ending, but one that makes much more sense than the sudden time jump and sappy attempt to give him his wish.

Just my 2 cents. Been a few years since I watched it and I have no desire to ever watch it again.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwire View Post
    A.I. was a mess of a movie.

It was intended as a modern retelling of Pinocchio, but seemed to stumble through a few different tonal shifts that didn't do the story any favors. It's the sad a result of Kubrick's original idea being filtered through the Spielberg schlock machine. You can see where Kubrick likely had intended for it to be a darker, much more introspective and thoughtful film, but Spielberg couldn't resist trying to put in his trademark whimsy and shoehorned "happy ending"

I feel like the movie would have been a lot strong overall if it had ended with David trapped in the ice forever. A somber ending, but one that makes much more sense than the sudden time jump and sappy attempt to give him his wish.

Just my 2 cents. Been a few years since I watched it and I have no desire to ever watch it again.
    Yeah, no. The happy ending was Kubrick’s idea. The whole project was Kubrick trying to do a movie in Spielberg’s style and Spielberg then trying to finish the movie by sticking to Kubrick’s style. That’s why it doesn’t work in either.
    Forum Wisdom

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Yeah, no. The happy ending was Kubrick’s idea. The whole project was Kubrick trying to do a movie in Spielberg’s style and Spielberg then trying to finish the movie by sticking to Kubrick’s style. That’s why it doesn’t work in either.
    Ok. The little "Yeah, no" feels very unnecessary and condescending.

Regardless, if it's true Kubrick was originally attempting something in Spielberg's style, than it's even more baffling that Spielberg himself couldn't make it work.

I still think the film was a mess of tonal shifts and could have benefitted from a more somber ending.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

Kubrick was said to admire Spielberg a lot and he even mentioned a few times that he was jealous of how well Spielberg could do some things.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. The little "Yeah, no" feels very unnecessary and condescending.
    Right, that was uncalled for. My apologies.

Regardless, if it's true Kubrick was originally attempting something in Spielberg's style, than it's even more baffling that Spielberg himself couldn't make it work.
    Well he wanted to be true to his dead friend so he refused to change things that Kubrick wanted.

I still think the film was a mess of tonal shifts and could have benefitted from a more somber ending.
    Oh definitely, that film was a mess. but it wasn't a mess because Sppielbreg couldn't resist doing his thing and messed up Kubrick's vision, this film started as a mess and ended as a messier mess.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-04-04 at 07:16 AM.
    Forum Wisdom