New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder Magic Item for Ghost Touch

Hey all plain and simple I am wondering if there is an item in either 3.5 or pathfinder that grants the armor enhancement Ghost touch to Non-Armor item.

IE Gauntlets of ghost fighting effectively grant ghost touch to weapons held

I am looking for something like this but to grant it to Non-Armor item

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder Magic Item for Ghost Touch

Arguably, Ghostwall Shellac from Dungeonscape might do it. Normally just painted on wooden walls to keep incorporeals out, but might work when applied to a wooden weapon.

Serren (BoED) gives the ghost touch quality to bows and arrows, and probably due to an oversight there's nothing to say it wouldn't work on an elvencraft longbow and thus a quarterstaff.

There's also Riverine from Stormwrack which when used in armor blocks ethereal travel, spell effects and breath weapons just as a wall of force does. Imparts a deflection bonus, which is consistent with ghost touch since it affects incorporeals. It isn't specified that you can use it in weaponry, but when used in anything other than armor it costs an addition 2,000 gp per pound of item, so it seems implicit that it can be used in weapons - though whether it would then impart the ghost touch quality specifically is then a matter for DM adjudication.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

gauntlets of ghost fighting from the magic item compendium are the best i can think of but you already mentioned them. when you say non-armor slot you mean something that doesn't take up a magic item slot?
    Last edited by the_tick_rules; 2020-04-04 at 05:14 PM.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Pathfinder has several options for you. In order of cost:

Ghost Salt - Alchemical item, you have to apply it to your weapons each time you strike. This is however the cheapest option by far (200gp), affordable even at very low levels - and better yet, you can apply one coating to 10 pieces of ammunition, letting you outfit a ghost-fighting militia fairly cheaply.

Elixir of Spirit Sight - Perhaps the best consumable option - this gives all your weapons AND armor ghost touch for 10 rounds, as well as See Invisibility, for the low price of 1000gp. At low levels, may be worth the party having a couple of these handy. Note that martials with Master Craftsman (e.g. Fighters) can make elixirs.

Soulsight Goggles - Upgrades your attacks - nonmagical weapons now deal half damage to incorporeal, while magic ones deal full damage. You also gain constant arcane sight. 15k.

Amulet of Grasping Souls - your natural and manufactured weapons (including ranged weapons) gain constant ghost touch. You can also get to use a free Ectoplasmic Spell 1/day. 21k.

Spiritualist Rings - fairly pricey at 70k, but in addition to the constant ghost touch also gives you speak with dead 3/day, spectral hand 3/day, and a sacred/profane bonus to saves against negative energy. Despite the name, these only take up a single ring slot.

I didn't find anything in the hands slot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not sure if I've really got the scope of the question, anyhow there is a weapon crystal (maybe crystal of truedeath, lesser?) in the MIC that applies the ghost touch property to the weapon it's attached to.
    Last edited by Kaleph; 2020-04-06 at 01:42 PM.