New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Oona's role

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

confused Oona's role

It occurs to me that Oona's complaint that the Dark One isn't that important to bugbears and the like may be a critical point when Durkon tries to convince Redcloak to get the Dark One to help defeat the Snarl. She may bring up the fact that maybe if he paid more attention to the fringe goblinoids he could survive a universal reset.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Oona's role

I like where you're going with this, but i don't think she'd specifically talk about how accepting fringe goblinoids would help The Dark One survive, personally i doubt that relatively small addition of power (From what we've seen, there are fewer bugbears then hobgoblins for example) would help a whole lot.

my guess is she'll end up being the goblinoid voice of reason that Redcloak listens too, even if all she's doing is repeating what Durkon is saying. the fact that it's coming from a goblinoid might just be enough. If Durkon tells her about it, she may be able to convey that the dark one wouldn't be able to survive the waiting period to the new world in a way that Redcloak would listen too, or at least consider. Granted Redcloak seems like the type to not believe this information if he knew it was coming from an enemy dwarf. so some secrecy on Durkon's part, or soul-searching on Redcloak's part may be needed.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I don't think this specific argument is going to come up. But Goblins who don't worship the ground Redcloak walks on and are generally sceptical about the Dark One are very likely to play a major role in the big finale.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think her role is to be Belkar's rival.
    Everyone have a nemesis or adversary except him.

Ranger vs Beastmaster makes sense.

Especially if bloodfest returns to action.
    Last edited by SlashDash; 2020-04-07 at 12:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Redcloak's shock at getting head pats still cracks me up. He really took it in stride though.