New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Password Reset Issue: Outlook users, try this if you are not getting the reset link.

Greetings all,

About 6 months ago I bought a new phone and was trying to bring all my accounts over to it. Unfortunately, I forgot my Giants password. I could still access the site with my old phone (password save feature) and tried changing my password, but you cannot change your password without knowing your current one. After many attempts to get an automated reset link it would not come through to my email.

The primary culprit was my email service: Outlook. Oddly enough, I could receive standard email and messages from Giants, but the automated reset link was blocked (it wasn't even going to junk mail). Rawhide, Roland and I went through numerous messages over months. Eventually, Rawhide suggested it may be due to Outlook and to look at my settings. Turns out that was the case.

Here's a brief tutorial on fixing this if you find yourself unable to receive the automated password reset link from the forums.

1. Open your Help Search and Type in "Unable to receive mail."

2. There are a number of things you could check. What worked in this case was #4. Check your Blocked Senders

3. This will be a Junk Mail Settings window. You want to scroll down to "Safe senders and domains." Click "Add."

4. In the field, you want to type: forums.giantitp.com
    For whatever reason, Outlook blocks this unless you deliberately add it.

5. Done!

I was able to get the password reset link on the first time after that. I'd like to thank Rawhide and Roland for their patience and help during my months of emails.

Have a good one,
    Sol
    Character for HIRE! Loads of RP exp. (Table/PBP) Apply within

Registration and sample characters played post for more info.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Password Reset Issue: Outlook users, try this if you are not getting the reset li

Nice! Welcome back, so to speak.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Password Reset Issue: Outlook users, try this if you are not getting the reset li

Thanks!

I know, right?! Who knew a manual site address would be needed?

Thank again!
    Character for HIRE! Loads of RP exp. (Table/PBP) Apply within

Registration and sample characters played post for more info.