New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Red Hand of Doom 5e (IC)

Freya

Freya bounds out of the room moves to take cover behind one of the boulders in the courtyard closer to her allies. She fires off a blast of eldritch force at the manticore while in transit. As she reaches the boulder she shouts out to Aetus,
    "Steady your aim with deep breaths!" to inspire his attacks.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Okay, so Freya's token should move 3 squares down and four squares to the left behind that boulder. She's actually moving diagonally to reach it, but I just wanted to be clear on the position she ends at. A little bit of cover might protect her from getting shot.

I considered a Stinking cloud in the room, but let me wait one round to see who bails out of that room through the rubble exit. So here's two shots against the Manticore:

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage (1d10)[8]

Attack 2: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage (1d10)[10]

Finally, giving Aetus Bardic Inspiration with her bonus action. That's a +1d8 to a single Ability check, attack roll, or saving throw of his choice. Hope it serves him well.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks' spell manages to snare half of those it was aiming to enrapture. The remaining hobgoblins respond with practiced precision, immediately shifting to awaken their companions who do the same in turn. They've had training in dealing with spells like these it seems, and aren't taken aback by the interruption. They split up, two remaining in the room staring down Gaks while the others move out from the east break in the wall. One of the remaining hobgoblins, freshly awoken, seeks its revenge on Gaks and manages to connect with its longsword.

The focus fire - javelins, arrows, eldritch spells and tiny snakes pepper the manticore. As it's writhing and snarling in response, it looks like it might be going to attack the flying snakes. As it does so, the spellcaster bursts from the room held aloft by magic. "Arluugaan daan rhaan, telaan daan haak-" It's orders are cut off when the manticore succumbs to the onslaught and falls limp, crashing down on top of one of the giant skeletons, sending bone shards flying across the battlefield. The bugbear screams in anger and utters a quick incantation, pointing at a spot near Freya between the party. A ball of flame coalesces above the bugbear's hand before darting at the designated spot. On connection with the ground, it erupts in an inferno that quickly engulfs everyone nearby. The spot is well chosen though, and the flames fall short of hurting his allies. It finds no purchase - the hard packed earth, skeletons and rocks offer no fuel, and it quickly dies out.

In the wake of the flames the minotaur strides up and seeks to grab at Roswyn. Meeting him hand for hand, she pushes back. Despite the size difference between the two, the minotaur finds himself unable to properly grapple the halfling and stumbles back, before roaring directly in her face. He is not used to losing tests of strength, especially to one so - in his eyes - small.

Spoiler
    Show

Would you believe me if I told you that the crit was just enough to kill the Manticore? 'cos it was. I was so *ready* for another turn with it too.

The entire party takes 13 fire damage except for Gaks who failed her save and takes 26. Gaks also takes 17 slashing damage from the hobgoblin to her bottom left. None of the snakes were in the fireball.

The spellcaster is flying, 15' off the ground to be precise.

Spoiler: Goblinoid
    Show
    "Ignore the beasts, strike the peop-"

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Reeling from the ball of fire, Zuri stands up, gets an angry look in her eye, her determination evident as she marches into the hall and stares down the spellcaster.

"My beautiful children, kill the wizard! Protect my friends." she tells the snakes, pointing at the spellcaster.

The snakes fly at the wizard, attacking and harassing, surrounding it on all sides.

Zuri quickly grows a long spectral vine and tries to attack the hobgoblin closest to Gaks, just inside the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    She moves to behind the nearest boulder.

Thornwhip: (1d20+7)[15] Damage: (2d6)[10] (she does not pull the hobgoblin)

1. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[18] Damage: (3d4+1)[6] (1 piercing and 3d4 poison)
    2. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[16] Damage: (3d4+1)[8]
    3. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[13] Damage: (3d4+1)[11]
    4. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[16] Damage: (3d4+1)[9]
    5. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[11] Damage: (3d4+1)[6]
    6. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[7] Damage: (3d4+1)[9]
    7. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[17] Damage: (3d4+1)[6]
    8. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[17] Damage: (3d4+1)[8]

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft., swim 30 ft.
    STR4 (-3) DEX18 (+4) CON11 (+0) INT2 (-4) WIS12 (+1) CHA5 (-3)
    Senses Blindsight 10 Ft., passive Perception 11
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Flyby. The snake doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Actions
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage plus (3d4)poison damage.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-05-20 at 06:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks scowled as the vitality Zuri owed her was burned away, but at the end she had pulled the worst of the heat off of her with her abjurations. She pointed at the minotaur, and screamed out: "KAC!"

Spoiler: Tasha's Hideous Laughter
    Show
    Minotaur must add its WIS save to (1d20)[11] and beat a 15 or be knocked prone, incapacitated, and forced to laugh really really hard. It can repeat the save at the end of each of its turns.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Amnestic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you believe me if I told you that the crit was just enough to kill the Manticore? 'cos it was. I was so *ready* for another turn with it too.

The entire party takes 13 fire damage except for Gaks who failed her save and takes 26. Gaks also takes 17 slashing damage from the hobgoblin to her bottom left.
    Freya

"Eep!" Freya covers her face when the fireball hit. Damn, her beautiful hair singed! That's personal!

She hums a soothing lyric (Healing Word) to Gaks in hopes to boost her ally.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Well, no regrets from slaying the manticore over gassing the room. Just gotta keep the party alive now.

3rd level slot, Healing Word on Gaks: +(3d4+4)[13] HP.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Roswyn manages to get her shield up in time for the resulting flames to not completely annihilate her body. She lashes out in retaliation against the unfortunate hobgoblin lackey standing in the door. "Hah! Gonna take more than your minotaur matey to keep me pinned down!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Reckless Attack: (1d20+6)[7] or (1d20+6)[24] for (1d8+3)[8]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+6)[26] or (1d20+6)[10] for (1d8+3)[9]+3 crit = 12
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2020-05-20 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Aetus

Aetus grunts as the flames engulf him. He is dressed mostly in leather, but he feels the heat blister his exposed arms.

But the manticore is now down, so he is free to pin down the goblins. He is good at that. He shifts his concentration to the flying spellcaster. Flying or not, it makes no difference to him.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show
    BA to transfer Hunter's Mark to the splelcaster.
    Two attacks, one with inspiration, or four, depending on what Beorn does. Shifting targets if the spellcaster falls to the hobgoblins.

First attack (1d20+4)[21] plus (1d8)[2] dmg (1d8+16)[20] and (1d6)[6]

Second attack attack (1d20+9)[13] dmg (1d8+6)[8] and (1d6)[5]

If there are more attacks

Third attack (1d20+4)[21] dmg (1d8+16)[23] and (1d6)[2]

Fourth attack attack (1d20+9)[16] dmg (1d8+6)[8] and (1d6)[6]

EDIT:Ironically, the less likely to hit shots did hit

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn expertly ducks behind his shield, deflecting the flame into the air above him. "Let's take out that caster. Roswyn and I will carve the cow." His blade flashes as he attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    reaction: shield master to reduce damage to 0 on successful Dex save

bonus action to overwhelming mark the enemy caster. Next hit does +1d6 damage and the caster must make a CON save or be stunned 1 round, DC 10 or equal to damage, whichever is higher

If minotaur alive,
    1st attack vs minotaur (1d20+7)[12] (if prone, advantage (1d20+7)[22]) for (1d8+4)[10]

If minotaur still alive,
    2ndattack vs minotaur (1d20+7)[23] (if prone, advantage (1d20+7)[8]) for (1d8+4)[7]

If minotaur drops to 0, unused attacks to Aetus

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks spell finds its mark on the enormous bullman. The minotaur is unable to resist the compulsion collapses onto its back, bovine laughter erupting from its maw. It's strained laughter, pained even, especially when Beorn cuts into the beast's side, but it can't stop itself.

Despite the snakes and the arrows that flurry against the caster, he manages to withstand the assault, albeit with fur that's clearly starting to mat from open, bleeding wounds. He points at the origin of his irritation - Aetus and Zuri. A thin, almost impercetible beam launches forward from his extended fingertip. It impacts the floor just in front of Aetus' foot, and for a moment it does nothing. Then, the air seems to fold in on itself around the point before bursting into a sudden loud noise. It pierces through the mind and body, and the surrounding terrain. The walls around the pair hold up, barely, but cracks are starting to form, debris is breaking off and a wooden beam from the ceiling drops down behind the two. With his spell cast he turns and flies east - from his posture you could judge that he is fleeing the battle.

If the movement of their leader brought any concern to the militarised hobs, they don't show it. The four hobgoblins continue their assault. The pair inside the room target Gaks and Roswyn, seeking to push through the party's defensive line. Gaks' attacker fails to find purchase, his blade being deflected against her metallic shield. Roswyn takes on two foes, one from outside the room stepping up to try to fill the gap left by the convulsing minotaur. She trades blows with one while deftly deflecting the attack from another.

Finally the fourth hobgoblin makes a mad dash around the courtyard. As he moves, his eyes begin to glow and the blade in his grip ignites. Flames lick up the length of the sword as he brings it down against Freya. Any hope she had of a reprieve following the fireball is quickly extinguished by the flaming blade's strike. After the slash is concluded though, the flames slowly dissipate into the air, leaving nothing but an extremely angry and forceful hobgoblin looming over her, steel in hand.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

The minotaur failed his save, he's still laughing like a fool on the floor. Have you ever heard a cow laugh? Because I tried to look up what it sounds like and got nothing. I don't even know if they can laugh.

Aetus takes 16 thunder damage. Zuri takes 8.
    Roswyn takes 9 slashing damage. Freya takes 6 slashing and 4 fire damage.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Gaakach looked back at the hobgoblin standing above Freya. Making sure to keep her shield between herself and the fighters in front of her, she brought her hand down in the direction of that hobgoblin. "Duuch daan Draal!" she shouted in defense of the friend who had just healed her.

Spoiler: Rollz
    Show
    It must add its WIS save bonus to (1d20)[12]; if it doesn't beat a 15 it takes (2d12)[12] necrotic damage
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

"Keep on the the wizard!" she tells the snakes, pointing again at the spellcaster. The snakes continue to fly at the wizard, attacking and harassing, surrounding it on all sides.

Zuri then whips her spectral vine to attack the hobgoblin closest to Freya.

Show
    Fewer, high-damage attacks is a better way to attack someone under Tasha's so I'll try to take out the wizard, saving Aetus for the Minotaur, although he needs to move up to it first since it is prone.

Thornwhip: (1d20+7)[14] Damage: (2d6)[7] (she does not pull the hobgoblin)

1. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[7] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    2. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[18] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    3. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[24] Damage (3d4+1)[7]
    4. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[14] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    5. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[12] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    6. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[12] Damage (3d4+1)[10]
    7. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[15] Damage (3d4+1)[6]
    8. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[16] Damage (3d4+1)[8]

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Flyby. The snake doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Actions
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage plus (3d4)poison damage.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

The wizard and manticore neutralized, Beorn continues to focus on the next largest, though not entirely immediate, threat, striking down at the minotaur at his feet before it can regain control of itself."Time to clean up. Roswyn, mind the terrain."
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[8] adv (1d20+7)[21] damage (1d8+4)[5]
    attack (1d20+7)[8] adv (1d20+7)[18] damage (1d8+4)[9]
    Bonus action aid another for Roswyn's next attack

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Roswyn chuckles, "Aye Cap'n, time to swab the decks!" She delivers a pair of sweeping strikes at the hobgoblins around her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[7] or (1d20+6)[22] for (1d8+3)[7]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+6)[7] for (1d8+3)[10]

Continuing to smash the hobgoblin in the doorway. Should it no longer be a target, swap to the one hiding by the minotaur.
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

14. - Top - End - #284

Freya

"Ahh! Helvíti ávíta!" As soon as Freya is struck by the flaming blade, she reacts with hands cupped outward at her attacker, dark-red flames bursting forth.

She then turns and points to the hobgoblins in the doorway. "Softhu vel!" she whispers in a cadence.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    As a reaction from being struck, Freya casts Hellish Rebuke on the hob that hit her.
    Hob takes (2d10)[15] fire damage, or half on a successful DC 15 Dexterity save.

As her action for the round, Freya casts Sleep into the room to catch the two hobs, but not her allies (20-ft radius, so drop the point about four squares south to catch them?).
    Sleep: Affecting (5d8)[32] HP worth of creatures, starting with the lowest HP creature.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Aetus

Aetus shifts his focus to the remaining hobgoblins and the minotaur. The tide is turning.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

Not sure if there are extra attacks, so I am gonna roll for two and two and see how it goes. First at the hobbos if still standing and then at the minotaur

First attack (1d20+4)[18] dmg (1d8+14)[20] add +2 if goblin and (1d6)[2]
    Second attack (1d20+4)[22] dmg (1d8+14)[18] add +2 if goblin and (1d6)[2]

and

Third attack (1d20+4)[22] dmg (1d8+14)[16] add +2 if goblin and (1d6)[5]
    Fourth (1d20+4)[20] dmg (1d8+14)[21] add +2 if goblin and (1d6)[2]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks' tolling bell, Freya's hellish fires and Aetus' arrow fell Freya's attacker in short order. It seems to have taken him quote by surprise, but the looming figure crumples at the pink haired caster's feet. The extending vine covered in biting thorns lashes out over Gaks shoulder, but Zuri's target deflects it with his shield. The mocking sneer he starts in response is cut off just as quickly by Freya's Sleep spell, dropping him.

Beorn cuts into the laughing minotaur again and again. The beast is hardy, still alive despite the injuries, but still forced to laugh. It's taken on a distinctly ghoulish quality at that point, setting your teeth on edge.

Seeing their leader go down to the snakes, and after taking an arrow to the shoulder along with a hit from Roswyn, her (still awake) opponent calls out. "Ter ac dhach rhan! Haar duur duun Oz-"
    He turns on his heel and moves to escape, but Roswyn is faster and cuts him across the back, felling him for good. The sole remaining hobgoblin doesn't argue with the order given, even if it was interrupted. He dashes out of the room and keep through the gap in the southern wall, before breaking to the west and leaving your line of sight.

Show

So, funny story, the map's borders aren't actually that big outside of the keep >_> Just pretend it's more greenery and not an endless white void. Because of the altitude, none of the snakes can see or reach the fleeing guy and attack - they can get to his square (or one short of it, for half of them) but still be 15' up.

I took the presumption of using Roswyn's reaction on opportunity attacking the hob, which killed him.

All that's left alive inside the keep is a sleeping hob next to Gaks and a laughing minotaur, both of which are near death.

Spoiler: Goblinoid
    Show
    "Split and fall back! Get word to Oz-"

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

"Don't let him escape! Kill the one that is fleeing" she tells the snakes, running as fast as she can for the south entrance, just behind the flying snakes.

If she gets close enough to the hobgoblin, she then whips her spectral vine at it trying to stop it.

Show
    The snakes have 60' flying speed so should be able to keep it from fleeing. If they have to dash to catch it they will. Then use these rolls for opportunity attacks if it continues running.

Thornwhip: (1d20+7)[11] Damage: (2d6)[7] (she will pull the hobgoblin back 10' so it is still in the reach of the snakes - from 5' in front to 5' behind them. If she has to dash to keep up, then ignore this roll)

1. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[7] Damage (3d4+1)[12]
    2. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[21] Damage (3d4+1)[10]
    3. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[21] Damage (3d4+1)[10]
    4. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[13] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    5. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[10] Damage (3d4+1)[7]
    6. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[12] Damage (3d4+1)[11]
    7. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[19] Damage (3d4+1)[9]
    8. AC14 15HP, Attack: (1d20+6)[20] Damage (3d4+1)[10]

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Actions

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn grimaces, continuing his attempts to silence the morbidly mirthful minotaur. The others seem to have matters in hand regarding cleaning up the foot soldiers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[15](1d20+7)[8] for (1d8+4)[12]
    (1d20+7)[9](1d20+7)[11] for (1d8+4)[11]

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks removed the weaponry from the sleeping hobgoblin at her feet and got out some rope to bind it up.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Freya

"Yes, we are hilarious," Freya muttered. She stepped forward to the minotaur and plunged her blade into the creature in hopes to help him die laughing, for she had a funny bone to pick with him.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Freya moves right 1 square and south 1 square.

Rapier attack (advantage):
    (1d20+5)[7] or (1d20+5)[11]

Damage: (1d8+2)[7] piercing
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Roswyn hurtles past the laughing minotaur and gives chase to the escaping soldier. She reaches for her last pair of javelins and gives them both a hefty throw at the hobgoblin in the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[22] for (1d6+3)[6]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+6)[7] for (1d6+3)[6]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

The snakes bite and hiss at the fleeing hobgoblin who flails to get them away from him. He doesn't see Roswyn's javelin coming, and it spears him directly through the back of the neck. He's dead in a moment. He slumps forward, but the javelin pierces into the ground, leaving him propped halfway up like a gruesome puppet with half-cut strings. Beorn, Aetus and Freya finish off the minotaur, a combination of blade and close-quarters arrow bringing his sickening mirth to an end. He never did shake the spell, and he went to his death forced to spend his last moments laughing with furious tears in his eyes. Gaks' efforts to bind the sleeping hobgoblin are successful, and he doesn't awake during the process, though he will in less than a minute once the spell concludes.

Quiet falls over the keep as you realise there will be more skeletons added to the giants who already 'reside' here, but you aren't at least in any more immediate danger.

Show

Combat concluded. Please ensure your health totals and spells expended etc. are updated.

Most of the dead don't have much worth talking about - 80 arrows between the hobs, along with mundane equipment (longsword, chainmail, longbows, shields). An oversized greataxe on the minotaur). The sorcerer is still clutching a wand in his grip and has a potion on his belt that managed to survive the fall.

Gonna give some time for RP/recovery before I narrate exploring the rest of the keep and its findings there. If you're gonna do a short rest, I'll provide the details of the magic item(s) at the same time.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Gaakach took a look at the Sorcerer, looking anywhere but at her surviving kin.
    “Shall I identify these?”
    She asked Beorn, pulling the wand from her hand.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

"Nice throw, Roswyn!" she tells her friend.

Glad that the combat is over and no one was seriously injured, Zuri searches the dead hobgoblin and then returns to the keep with her snakes. "Is everyone ok? Is anyone hurt? If you want to interrogate this hobgoblin, I can have the snakes hover over the prisoner to help intimidate it into talking."

While the others are deciding what to do with the prisoner, she will use her magic to dig graves somewhere not immediately visible so we can hide all of the bodies. She likes to do this to reduce any clues we might be leaving but also out of respect for Gaks. This has to be hard on her, having to fight her own kind so much, so we should not defile their bodies.

Otherwise, she'd like to finish exploring the keep and then rest once everything seems secure, dismissing the snakes and thanking them for their help.

25. - Top - End - #295

Freya

"That fight was... chaos. I should have done more to control their movement, but at least we live. Rest would be good after we take care of the prisoner," Freya says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Aetus

Aetus runs to the rampant to hit the fleeing hobgoblin, but Roswyn spears the deserter before he manages to draw his arrow. Aetus turns an admiring glance the halfling.

"This was Solonor's own throw, Roswyn!"

In response to Zuri's question, Aetus just points to his recent wounds, and starts binding them. He then proceeds to help with mopping out the bodies.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

The captured warrior wakes up before long. After blinking the sleep out of his eyes, he confirms the situation he's in, and promptly shuts up. He's still injured of course, but it doesn't look like he's willing to spill his guts (figuratively speaking) without some prompting.

After you've taken some time to rest and recuperate, the exploration - and looting - of the rest of the Keep begins. It was originally a treasure hunt, after all. The Manticore's nest is first - what this squat, uncovered building might have once been used for is unclear. All the furniture has been long crushed into rubble and a large mound of tree branches, bones, rotting animal parts and long, thin spikes (from the manticore) fills the northwest corner of the room. It's unclear if the valuables you find inside the nest are payment or spoils, but either way, they're now yours.

The main room, where the fire pit sat, is next. The interior is open and spacious. Wooden timbers support the roof above, and here and there are the remains of what were probably once interior dividing walls. Two large boulders sit on the floor to the south, near the large hole in the wall. Rubble from the hole has been piled to form the fire pit. Against the west wall of the room are arranged four double bunk beds, each strewn with filthy covers. Another bed, much larger, sits near the south wall, partially obscured by a badly damaged wooden screen. A poorly stuffed owlbear looms in the centre of the room. There majority of the room is as it seems at first glance, but under the largest bed is a bag stuffed with gold pieces.

The small room to the north side of the firepit is filled primarily by a large table that just barely leaves enough room for the half-dozen chairs arrayed around its edge. Pinned to the table's surface by daggers is a massive map of the region - all of the Vale. The map has scribbles across it in goblinoid. Some have little important, being little more than "death to humans!" and "take prisoners for eating", but there are crucial notes attached to it too. While they don't specify the numbers, it specifies a "horde" under the control of 'Kharn' gathering at Cinder Hill a small and otherwise unforgettable feature on the northwest edge of the witchwood, past Skull Gorge Bridge. Equally as concerning - it has estimated days of how long and how far the attack will go. It spreads far beyond Drellin's Ferry. They plan to go all the way to the capital. Once the horde moves, it looks like they estimate 5 days to reach Drellin's Ferry, and then a further 30 days to rampage up the Dawn Way all the way to Brindol, burning at least three towns along the way at various points. Perhaps most importantly in the short term is that they've identified Skull Gorge as a problem point - it's the only real route they have south, and so they've stationed advanced guards there to secure it against interference. 'Ozyrrandion', another unfamiliar name, seems tasked to hold the bridge until the Red Hand crosses.

Spoiler: OOC/Loot
    Show

There's more - specifically the tower - but I didn't want to overload with info all at once. With the map and the hob to deal with, I'll give some time for that before touching the tower.

The manticore's stash 148 gp, a gold necklace, and an embroidered cloak that might look very fetching once cleaned. Or you could sell it, either/or.

The minotaur's(?) bag contains 177gp.

Magic item info will come once exploration fully completed.

Show

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #298

Freya

Freya sings a song of healing to restore (2d4+4)[9] HP to Aetus.

She then attempts to talk to the prisoner. "You are very loyal, yes? Do not wish to talk to us about what your war band is doing, but come now-- everyone has their price, yes? You share what you were doing here, we treat you well." Freya is attempting to play the good role of Good-Guard/Bad-Guard. She assumes someone is going to pick up the other role.

Persuasion: (1d20+10)[18]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks surveyed the map and the Goblin writings for a time after her inventory of the magic items was complete. "It is unfortunately unlikely that removing this 'Kharn' will do much to slow the army. There is likely a rigid chain of command prepared for just such an assassination." She then turned to her other task of actual wizardry, casting Detect Magic before lending her eyes to searching the area, hoping her divinations would uncover secrets that the less arcane members of the party had missed.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn again leaves the questioning to those that speak goblin. Once the immediate area is secure, he studies the map, comparing it to his memories of others he has seen of the area. So the mage here was not the one in charge. Unfortunate; I had hoped that we could nip this here. We need to inform the local authorities. We can finish checking this place, of course. Let us keep an eye on the approaches also, in case patrols come back. Best deal with the bodies soon also, they would give warning to any patrols that saw them."