New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

With cacophonous shrieks, the torn-up monkeys came swarming down tree trunks and dropping from low branches, fangs bared in their double heads. One leapt down into the bed of the wagon and over the side as it pursued the porter who was running for his life into the jungle. Ignasio transfixed it with a bolt from his crossbow, the shaft sinking into the already battered flesh.

Niala began calling upon her allies as the monkeys closed in.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    OK, the initiative order is below. For simplicity, I am going to assume those acting before the monkeys wait until the monkeys are in range if making a melee attack. Ignasio hits with the crossbow, needs to roll damage. Niala begins a full round casting of summon nature’s ally.

Initiative:
    Ignasio 29
    Niala 21
    Cederick 21
    Karan 20
    Porters 18
    Niala's cat 13
    Alan 13
    Spire Monkeys 11
    Guards 8
    Thorik 6

The monkeys are going after:
    M1 à Guard 1
    M2 à Thorik
    M3 à Niala’s leopard
    M4 à Niala’s leopard (they must hate cats?)
    M5 à Cederick
    M6 à Porter 2

Everyone else can declare their actions and make the appropriate rolls.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

As Cederick looks up at the spire monkey to try and study it he notices it getting bigger and bigger until one of them lands right next to him. He quickly move back and takes position next to one of the guards hoping that this noble warrior will fend of the wild beast in his place. Once he's no longer next to the crazed ape though he does take a shot at it. He had been relucant to attack them while they were still just moving overhead but at this point they were clearly hostile. His gloves start glowing white-blue and from his cane he fires of a beam resembling a ray of frost (though it seems a bit different) straight at the spiremonkey he had moved away from.

Show
    Taking a move action to get in the square left of G2 so that I'm not next to any of these monkeys. As a swift action I use a charge from my Gloves of Eldritch Admixture to add 2d6 of cold damage to my Eldritch Blast both for extra damage and to disguise my attack a little (but it doesn't change the original damage to cold hence the reference to my attack looking [i]almost like a ray of frost. Finally use a standard action to actually attack Monkey5 with my Eldritch Blast fired from my cane (seems to make more sense for a scholar-y character than making a finger gun).

Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[18] against touch (BAB+DEX+2 from Knowledge Devotion]
    Damage: (2d6+2)[7] (Eldritch Blast Damage +2 from Knowledge Devotion) + (2d6)[2] Cold Damage (from Gloves of Eldritch Admixture)

2 of 3 Daily Charges left on the gloves after this.
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given

Play-by-Post Characters:

Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ignasio watched the bolt hitting its target (obviously) and noted with satisfaction that the hit seemed to have an impact. He had more drastic means at his disposal but it didn't look like these will be needed.
    He did regret having to shoot the very first local creatures encountered, he was hoping for a more educational and less violent encounter but… oh well.
    He carefully cocked another bolt aiming again for any threatening target in close range.

Spoiler: Damage roll
    Show
    (1d8+1)[6]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thorik grunts as one of the creepy monkeys runs up to him and engages, lining up his axe for two powerful swings.

If he should destroy that one, he will look to move to help Guard #1.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

HP: 66/66
    AC: 18
    power attack: -1 attack for +2 dmg

Full round action: Full attack on M2.
    1st attack=(1d20+10)[14]; damage=(1d10+9)[18] magic slash
    2nd attack=(1d20+5)[7]; damage=(1d10+9)[11] magic slash

if M2 dies, 5 ft step to engage M1.

5. - Top - End - #95

Niala and her Cat

While Niala is still calling nature for an ally, the cat follows the order to defend. The cat lunges forward towards the first monkey that comes into its reach biting and clawing at it, furiously.

Spoiler: Cat's Full Attack
    Show

Alright, here we go. I will not try any improved grab/rake for now, after all, its kinda unnatural if you are confronted with two enemies. Just plain ole full attack, one bite and two claws. The cat will attack M3 first.

BiteAttack - (1d20+10)[15] for BiteDamage - (1d6+4)[8].
    In case of nat 20, BiteAttackCritConfirm - (1d20+10)[28] for BiteCritDamage - (1d6+4)[10].

Claw1Attack - (1d20+5)[18] for Claw1Damage - (1d3+2)[3].
    In case of nat 20, Claw1AttackCritConfirm - (1d20+5)[20] for Claw1CritDamage - (1d3+2)[5].

Claw2Attack - (1d20+5)[7] for Claw2Damage - (1d3+2)[4].
    In case of nat 20, Claw2AttackCritConfirm - (1d20+5)[15] for Claw2CritDamage - (1d3+2)[4].
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2020-05-20 at 12:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well this is less than ideal, something has definetly hurt these primates. I wonder if they are undead... still better to try something instead of simply waiting for death.

Alan stretched out his hand and muttered a few words as a lance of shadow extended from his palm to slammed into the nearest monkey. Taking notice of the spell Cedric had thrown out, which seemed off somehow though his magical talents obviously lay in a different area.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23] ranged tough attack (Arrow of Dusk)
    (3d4)[8] non-lethal damage

(1d20+12)[23] identifying Cedric's spell, not sure the DC and I get a -4 since I don't cast spells (which goes both ways funnily enough)

7. - Top - End - #97

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ignasio’s crossbow bolt sunk in to thetattered monkey with a dull thud as Niala conjured a vicious looking batnearby.

As another monkey dropped from the lowest branchof an overhanging palm tree, Cederick leveled his cane in its direction andblasted it with a ray of black and icy blue, but the creature continued itscharge towards him. It swung a paw towards him in a jerky manner that he deflectedaside with the cane.[1]

The porters scattered into the jungle forcover, though the monkey that Ignasio had struck managed to claw Mazaro across hishamstring and calf. The monkey stopped, however, as it seemed to notice the quarrelprotruding from it, and turned its dead eyes towards the merchant-sorcerer.Alan took the opportunity to strike with his arrow of dusk, eliciting a hollowthumping sound.

Niala’s leopard found itself bracketed by apair of the spire monkeys, lashing out a catching one with a paw but in turnbeing struck with a claw along the side. [3]

Towards the front of the caravan, the guard Henekkiwas confronted by one of the charging monkeys as the two exchanged blows, with thespearman comporting himself well in the face of the spire monkey and despitetaking a scrape to his forearm. [4] Karan charged in to deal with the othermonkey nearby, felling it with a single blow to the back of its head, splittingopen the already battered flesh. [5]

Thorik swung mightily at the last monkey, hisfirst blow thumping the thick hide obliquely without causing damage, and his secondcut passing over the creature’s head as it dug a claw into his off-hand. [6]

Show

(1) Cederick notices that the monkeys seem tomove unnaturally, like marionettes as someone if pulling their strings in aherky-jerky manner.
    (2) The spire monkey claws the porter for 3damage, but then turns towards Ignasio who struck it with the bolt. Alan hitsit as well—need a confirmation on the damage—as it turns towards he andIgnasio.
    (3) The leopard takes one claw hit for 3damage. Make a Fortitude Save for the leopard.
    (4) The guard Henekki takes one damage, buthe manages a counter attack for 8 points of damage
    (5) Critical hit from Karan, dropping thebeast
    (6) Thorik misses with both attacks, and thenis hit for a single point of damage. Make a Fortitude Save for the Thorik.

OK, I think we are still pending an action forNiala since we determined she cast summon nature’s ally in the prep round, plusan attack from the summoned bat.

Also, just a note on the NPCs: the porters anddrivers will only defend themselves if they can’t otherwise flee. The guardswill defend themselves if attacked, but you also have the option of making themmore proactive-if you want then to attack, you just have to specify whatactions you want then to take. Pisco will be a bit more proactive, but mostlyfight defensively.

http://imgbox.com/iYPOHWpZ#

Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-05-21 at 11:23 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"SEE, THEY ARE GOING TO KILL US" Jacob shouted from Cederick's shoulder when the monkey took a swing at which didn't make dodging the attack any easier. He noticed that the beast was moving in an unnatural way, though after narrowly avoiding getting his face clawed open he didn't think he had the time to properly examine what kind of magic (if any) might be in play here. Cederick took a step back and gave a quick angry look at the bird before firing another blacker ray from his cane aimed at the monkey. Jacob clearly sensed what his boss was trying to get across because he quickly moved a wing in front of his beak to indicate he would be silent from now on which gave Cederick the opportunity to address one of the guards.

"I do believe you are considerablly more suited for this kind of up close and personal brutality than I am, mister Overi." Cederick said to the guard standing next to him, hoping the guard would get his hint and step in between the poor scholar and the crazed ape.

Show
    5 foot step back to get away from the monkey and standard action Eldritch Blast (no extra cold damage this time though). Hoping that Guard 2 (who I believe is named Overi) will step in between me and the spiremonkey and wack it with his sword)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[18] (same modifier as last time but with -4 penalty from firing into Melee because I don’t have Precise Shot)
    Damage: (2d6+2)[11]

Play-by-Post Characters:

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Cursed monkeys are tougher than I thought. Maybe it's the extra head. Let's try this again!

Seeing Karan rush in and smash the monkey that had clawed him, Thorik turns to help the guard next to him.
    He will attack M1, unless it dies before his action, in which case he'll attack M3. If they both fall, he will 5 foot step back towards the wagon.

Show

HP: 65/66
    AC: 18

Fort save against M1's attack: (1d20+10)[14]

Full round action: Full attack on either M1 or M3.
    1st attack=(1d20+10)[13]; damage=(1d10+9)[10] magic slash
    2nd attack=(1d20+5)[10]; damage=(1d10+9)[12] magic slash

10. - Top - End - #100

Niala

A dire bat materializes next to Niala and attacks the monkey creature threatening Cederick (M1 M5). The cat further enforces her attack on her previous enemy (M3). Niala starts summoning another dire bat.

Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show

Niala: Forgoe summon swarm for another dire bat, which she summons near M6.

Cat: Bite +10 (1d6+4), 2 claws +5 (1d3+2) vs. M3, if this one goes down on M4.
    CatBite - (1d20+10)[11] for CatBiteDamage - (1d6+4)[9]
    CatClaw1 - (1d20+10)[24] for CatClawDamage1 - (1d3+2)[3]
    CatClaw2 - (1d20+10)[29] for CatClawDamage2 - (1d3+2)[4]

Bat: Bite +5 melee (1d8+4) vs. M1
    BatBite - (1d20+5)[18] for CatBiteDamage - (1d8+4)[7]
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2020-05-25 at 11:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Alan was intrigued. It was hard to tell if the mystery had any effect, though more then he would have expected from simple undead. His curiosity was fully engaged and he was excited at the possibility he saw before him.

As for Cedric's power, that he recognised and understood why the old man was not found of advertising his abilities. That calmed Alan somewhat, it seemed they might have more in common then he had worried about.

But to study this he first needed to survive and he was unconvinced his lesser mysteries were helpful or that his greater ones were needed here. And his skill with a blade were fairly lacking. He notices a guard sitting behind the caravan and gestures at the nearby ape, "Perhaps good sir your blade would be best applied at this enemy, I shall keep our back secure with my magics" More fly with honey after all...

Show
    Eldritch blast is a first level spell so I believe I identified it, if I'm wrong I am happy to edit

12. - Top - End - #102

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ingasio quickly reloaded his crossbow and launched another shot that struck the charging monkey in the shoulder between two of its arms. The beast lurched at the sorcerer, raking him with two sharp claws, though Ignasio managed to jam the stock of his weapon in the monkey’s mouth as it tried to bite him. [1]

As Niala began calling forth another dire bat, the monkey near her lashed out, clubbing her in the ribs. [2]

With a satisfying thwack, Cederick’s ray smashed the two-headed monkey upside the right head, sending the limp carcass summersaulting through the air. As the body flew away, however, something was left behind—a shimmering, ghostly white figure, no more than two or three feet tall. It looked like a young child, but the features were a mix of human and simian, and it wore a hideous, evil grin. The translucent figure bobbed in the air where the spire monkey had been, fixing the warlock with a hungry smile.

Ah, now the strangely jerking motions of the monkeys could be explained: the monkeys were merely animated corpses, not undead but rather like puppets controlled from within by the strange spirit that rose before Cederick. As this fact became clear to him, the spirit floated overhead and unleashed a bolt of energy at him. An argent fork sprung from its pudgy, oddly monkey-like hands, slicing effortlessly past his defenses and sending a stinging surge of energy through him.[3]

Behind Cederick, another of the creatures crawled out of the wreckage of the monkey Karan had slain, discarding the monkey corpse like a suit of armor before floating above the half-orc. It also unleashed a bolt of energy, but the hunter dodged aside as he dropped his falchion and took out his heavy bow. He drew a single arrow and fired it at the creature, slicing through it nearly perfectly—only, his arrow seemed to have caused no damage at all! Likewise, at Cederick’s direction, the nearby guard grasped his longspear and stabbed at the floating figure, again to no avail. [4]

Niala’s cat was in a fury as two of the lurching monkeys clawed at her from either side. It tore at the first creature twice with its claws, with the monkey behind it nipped at it flanks, drawing a small amount of blood. Niala’s bat swooped in to help, raking the same opponent across the left face and shoulder. The spire monkey was nearly torn apart, and in fact a white glow could now be seen between the worst of the rents in its body. [5]

Meanwhile, Henneki was in a furious battle with the northernmost animated monkey shell and holding his own. One of its four paws tore into his knee and thigh, but he struck back again with a blow that cut low and severed one of its feet. Not to be outdone, Nephi managed an even more potent blow on the monkey’s harassing Niala’s cat from the rear. [6]

Thorik, unfortunately, continued futilely swinging and missing at the nearby target.

Show

[1] Ignasio hits the monkey for 3 points of but then is struck by 2 claw attacks for 3 damage himself. Make 2 Fortitude saves for Ignasio.
    [2] Niala takes an AoO hit for 2 damage. Make a Concentration check on her spell, and make a Fort save for her as well.
    [3] Cederick kills off the monkey 5, only to have this ghostly spirit come out of the corpse. It levitates 10 feet off the ground and strikes him with some sort on enervating bolt, inflicting 10 points of damage. Also make a Fortitude save for Cederick.
    [4] Spirit 1 misses Karan, and while the half-orc’s return arrow seemed to strike the floating spirit, it appeared to have caused no damage. Same for the guard striking at the other spirit.
    [5] Naila’s cat scores two hits, and the bat flies in to help out. Since M5 had already been killed by Cederick, I switched the attack to M3 to help the cat-you can change this if desired. It is obvious the monkey’s is nearly finished (1hp left). Unfortunately the cat takes a minor wound. Make another Fort save for the cat.
    [6] Henneki (guard 1) takes 3 damage but strikes back for 6 points. Nephi (guard 4) hits M4 for 9 damage.

Health Status:
    PCs:
    Cederick 64%
    Ignasio 83%
    Niala’s Cat 91%
    Niala 96%
    Thorik 98%
    Alan 100%
    Karan 100%

NPCs:
    Mazaro (porter 2) 50%
    Henneki 67%
    All others 100%

Back to the top of the order, but don’t forget all the checks and save rolls.

13. - Top - End - #103

OrcBarbarianGuy

OOC: Forgot the map!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ignasio started to get worried, the monkey was hit by two bolts already and he expected it to run away in panic. The monkey however seemed to be brainlessly attacking him regardless. It stung! And it was tearing at his shirt!
    That was inexcusable, he took a step back, dropping his crossbow and pointed at the monkey with his three middle fingers, feeling the tingle of electricity in his body before it was discharged at its target.
    Last edited by Koral; 2020-05-27 at 03:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Koral View Post
    Ignasio started to get worried, the monkey was hit by two bolts already and he expected it to run away in panic. The monkey however seemed to be brainlessly attacking him regardless. It stung! And it was tearing at his shirt!
    That was inexcusable, he took a step back, dropping his crossbow and pointed at the monkey with his three middle fingers, feeling the tingle of electricity in his body before it was discharged at its target.
    Spoiler: Many rolls for the above
    Show

Saving throws
    (1d20+3)[17]
    (1d20+3)[11]
    move and 3 magic missiles at the shirt hater
    (3d4+3)[6]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thorik

Blast these creepy monkeys, or whatever they are! Gotta smash one of them.

Thorik curses in dwarven, tightens his grip on the axe, and swings again, still trying to help the guard next to him.
    He will attack M1, unless it dies before his action, in which case he'll attack M3. If they both fall, he will attack the spirit of either of them.

Show

rd 3
    AC & FF = 18, Touch = 12

Effects:

Actions:
    Full round action: Full attack on M1 or M3.
    1st attack=(1d20+10)[23]; damage=(1d10+9)[13] magic slash
    2nd attack=(1d20+5)[9]; damage=(1d10+9)[16] magic slash

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

After killing one of these monkeys, Cederick gets blasted by some kind of spirit that came out of the now dead body. He surpress the urge to curse at it when the thing mentions to actually hurt him, he doubts the creature would understand just what kind of mistake it just made and he doesn't want to strike a bad impression with his fellow travellers. He does almost try to pull out his danger to rebuke the spirit but before he can try he realises it is not actually the ghost of the spiremonkey. It is more likely that these things are some kind of otherworldy being, possibily related to the cloud and almost certainly the one actually in control of the spiremonkeys. Weapons so far don’t seem to hurt them, but what about energy? He fires a ray at the one that hit him to find out. He then shouts at the others:

Those spiremonkeys seem to be controlled by these spirits, if we can subdue the monkeys without killing them we might be able to prevent more of these spirits from arising

Show
    Knowledge Devotion grants me a +4 against these things, so that should be useful.
    I’m assuming that these spirits are not threatening me given that they are flying 10 feet of the ground. If that assumption is wrong, Cederick would like to take a step to the left so that he no longer has a spirit breathing in his neck before firing an Eldritch Blast

Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[26] (BAB+DEX+4). This assumes that Spirit 5 is not considered to be in melee with Guard 2 because he’s floating 10 feet above the ground, making it so that he is more than 10 feet away from Guard 2. If this assumption is wrong, apply -4 to this roll

Damage Roll: (2d6+4)[10]

Basically, my suggestion is to use non-lethal damage against the monkeys if at all possible.

Play-by-Post Characters:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

If only those ghosts would group up I could unleash my powers at them. But I do think I can at least try wht Cedric suggests better to deal with the monkeys as they are.

Alan mutters some more words that seem to hover in the air around him as another bolt of shadow slams into the nearby monkey.

Show
    (1d20+5)[19] shadow arrow
    (2d4)[4] damage

19. - Top - End - #109

Niala

For a short moment, Niala stares at the spirit. She had seen something similar before. In a dream maybe? But something was wrong. So wrong!

Niala's pets however are teeth and claws in the fight with the spire monkeys, having little patience for such theatre pieces. Hearing the growl of her cat, she swings around whacking one of the monkey (M3) over the head with her staff.

Show

Niala: Attack +5, damage 1d4 bludgeoning, targeting M3
    NialaAttack - (1d20+5)[24] for NialaDamage - (1d4)[3]

Cat: Bite +10 (1d6+4), 2 claws +5 (1d3+2) vs. M3, if this one goes down on M4.
    CatBite - (1d20+10)[12] for CatBiteDamage - (1d6+4)[6]
    CatClaw1 - (1d20+10)[25] for CatClawDamage1 - (1d3+2)[4]
    CatClaw2 - (1d20+10)[11] for CatClawDamage2 - (1d3+2)[3]

Bat: Bite +5 melee (1d8+4) vs. M3 (if its still standing after the cat's attacks) or M4.
    BatBite - (1d20+5)[22] for CatBiteDamage - (1d8+4)[10]

20. - Top - End - #110

OrcBarbarianGuy

Three magic missiles hurled out ofIgnasio’s hand, thumping dully into the animated money corpse and bowling it over. As before, an evilly grinning spirits slipped out of the like a genie escaping its bottle, floating into the air under the overhanging canopy.

Alan was stepping forward to launch a dusk arrow at one of the monkey’s still harassing Niala’s cat, and the spirit opened its palm, sending a white ray at the shadowcaster. It struck him painfully in the shoulder, but not before he was able to unleash his spell. Grimacing through the pain, he saw that Niala’s leopard had slashed his target with its razor sharp claws moments before his arrow of shadow had struck the monkey corpse, the twin blows causing it sprawl on the ground where it twitched feebly, trying to regain its feet but was unable to do more than piteously twist in circles in the stones of the old road.[1]

In front of the wagons, Cederick and the still rising simian-child spirit exchanged blasts. Cederick’s eldritch blast struck true, though so did the spirits, burning him painfully with an overload of energy. [2]

Niala bashed the monkey on the mound of rubble over the (right) head, splitting the carcass in two, letting the glowing spirit slip free into the air. It rose to the circling dire bat, attempting to blast it with its charged ray, but the bolt of white energy flew past the madly flapping creature and seared its way into the trunk of a tree across the road.

The death match between Henneki and the last remaining monkey continued. Another of the monkey’s claws raked the guardsman’s forearm as he lunged forward with his spear, skewering the creature and finishing it off, solo. Another spirit began to claw its way out of the puppet corpse and Thorik seized the opportunity, striking before the spirit could float out of the reach of his stout dwarven axe. His blade struck solidly through the glowing body, but it failed to catch anything of substance. [3]

As Karan drew for another shot with his bow,the floating spirit struck him with ray, jolting him though the physical damage was not severe. [4]

Show

[1]Ignasio finishes off monkey 6. Alan’s arrow of shadow strikes non-lethally and along with the claw attack from Niala’scat brings the monkey corpse to exactly 0 hit points, disabled. Importantly, no spirit escapes the still functioning, but disabled, animated monkey body. It seems there might very well be something to Cederick’s musings about subduing the monkeys rather than destroying them outright. If Alan is holding anything in his hands, he needs to make a DC 14 Fort save or drop them.
    [2]Both Cederick and the spirit hit. If Cederick is holding anything in his hands, he needs to make a DC 14 Fort save or drop them.
    [3] Henneki lands a 3rd consecutive blow, finishing off M1 all by himself, which is a pretty impressive trick for a 2nd level warrior. If he survives the battle it looks like he will earn another level. Thorik unfortunately seems to have nothing but bad luck. His attack is easily enough to hit, but it is foiled by the incorporeal body of the spirit—it needed greater than 50 on the percentile dice, and got a 51.
    [4] Karan is struck for 6 damage but needs to make a DC 14 Fort save or drop his bow.

OK, I am just going to roll Karan from the bottom of this round to the top of the next—that way if Auranghzeb is able to come back he can declare his action, otherwise I can still bot him without missing his turn.

M4 is disabled with a spirit trapped inside, but all the other spirits are out. S1 is at ground level, S3 and S6 are 10’ off the ground, and S2 and S5 are 20’ off the ground, so all are out of reach of the guards the next time they get to act.

Health Status:
    PCs:
    Cederick 25%
    Alan 79%
    Ignasio 83%
    Karan 87%
    Niala’s Cat 91%
    Niala 96%
    Thorik 98%

NPCs:
    Mazaro (porter 2) 50%
    Henneki 50%
    All others 100%

Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-06-02 at 09:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Oooh, did you see that?" Ignasio shouted with excitement to no one in particular "Watch out, there are spirit kids jumping out of the monkeys!" he shared his big reveal with his friends, surrounding guards and any other living being within a decent radius.
    Only this time he did not wait for signs of hostility. He pointed his finger at the spirit and braced himself for another jolt of electricity to run through his spine. He really hated this spell but could not risk any more damage to his shirt.
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Magic missiles (3) (3d4+3)[13]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thorik

Wait, they don't even die? This must be what the elders tried to warn me about, damn these cursed monkeys!

Thorik continues cursing in dwarven, frustrated by how difficult it is to hit a stupid little monkey. He re-grips his axe and swings again even harder, still trying to help the guard next to him.

He will attack S1, unless it dies before his action, in which case he'll attack S2.

Show

rd 4
    AC & FF = 18, Touch = 12

Effects:
    power attack: -2 attack for +4 dmg

Actions:
    Full round action: Full attack on S1 or S2.
    1st attack=(1d20+10)[25]; damage=(1d10+11)[13] magic slash
    miss chance (1d100)[44]
    2nd attack=(1d20+5)[15]; damage=(1d10+11)[17] magic slash
    miss chance (1d100)[37]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

After being hit by a second blast Cederick feels a sudden jolt of pain that made him drop his cane. Though he does compose himself quickly, he realises that he is in bad shape. These spirits were bad bussiness. His gloves being to glow again, but this time they glow green as something resembling an acid arrow flies at the spirit that attacked him. As soon as the attak is fired Cederick sprints to left, hoping to find cover behind the trees ans foliage of the jungle.

Show
    Standard Action attack with Eldritch Blast, Swift Action activate gloves to add Acid Damage to my blast (which in my head modifies it to a corrupted Acid Arrow, similar to the corrupted Ray of Frost that happened from cold damage)

Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[28]
    Miss Chance: (1d100)[61]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[10] + Acid (2d6)[8]

As a move action Cederick moves 2 left and 1 up. The forest is difficult terrain, hence only 3 squares of movement

1 of 3 Daily Charges left on the gloves after this

Play-by-Post Characters:

24. - Top - End - #114

OrcBarbarianGuy

Karam cursed as the jolt from the monkey spirit loosened his grip on his bow and it clattered to the broken stone road. He ducked down to snatch it up, rapidly drew an arrow and fired, only to curse again as the spirit once more seemed unfazed by his shot. Both Cederick and Ignasio had more success, unloading their magic on the floating spirits. Their attacks struck home, and each spirit winked out of existence with a popping flash.[1] Cederick dashed for the cover of the jungle after his successful attack, ducking behind the wide trunk of a massive gum tree draped with choking vines.

As Thorik swung back his axes, the spirit drifted upwards and unleased its bolt of radiant energy. Although it was a glancing blow, his nerves jumped with the infusion of energy.[2]

The remaining two spirits continued to float higher, grinning evilly. They each pulsed with light, as if their energies were recharging, but neither loosed another blast.

Show

[1] Karan fails his Fort save and drops his bow. He spends a move action to retrieve it, then fires a single arrow which again passes harmlessly through the being. Cederick and Ignasio kill, or perhaps drive away, each of their targets.
    [2] Thorik gets struck for 5 points o fdamage. He needs to make a DC 14 Fort save or drop his weapons. Even if he holds on however, the spirit has risen 10’ high before he can deliver his attack.

The other two spirits do not attack this round. Based on their pulsing lights and actions it is fair to surmise they have some sort of variable recharge before they can unleash another bolt of radiance.

That brings us back around to the party again.

Cederick, Ignasio, and Karam with his bow might be the only ones able to damage the remaining spirits at this point, soif anyone has healing capabilities you might want to make sure they can carry on the fight.

Health Status:
    PCs:
    Cederick 25%
    Alan 79%
    Ignasio 83%
    Karan 87%
    Niala’s Cat 91%
    Thorik 91%
    Niala 96%

NPCs:
    Mazaro (porter 2) 50%
    Henneki 50%
    All others 100%
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-06-13 at 04:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Cederick reappears out of the forest to blast the closest spirit. It's not ideal, the point of being with a party is for him to take minimum risks himself but given the limited amount of people here with effective ranged attacks he has no choice but to continue fighting himself

Show
    Move action back out of the forest, standard action attack the closest spirit

Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[21]
    Miss Chance: Success if >50 (1d100)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[11]

Play-by-Post Characters:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As he prepares to attack, Thorik sees the spirit rise away from him before unleashing its blast, and he takes advantage of the chance to try one last swing before it gets away.

Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity
    Show

Effects:

Actions:
    1st attack=(1d20+10)[17]; damage=(1d10+9)[14] magic slash
    miss chance (high = success) (1d100)[53]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Frustrated that all of the spirits have flown out of reach, Thorik looks around to see how the rest of the expedition is doing, to make sure no one looks too badly damaged. If anyone seems in immediate danger, he will move towards them.

Having no way to affect a flying spirit, he holds his ax at the ready, prepared to strike if one of them comes down close.

Show

rd 5
    HP: 60/66
    AC & FF = 18, Touch = 12

Effects:
    power attack: -2 attack for +4 dmg

Actions:
    Ready to strike if any spirit comes within reach.
    1st attack=(1d20+9)[29]; damage=(1d10+11)[13] magic slash
    miss chance (high = success) (1d100)[37]

28. - Top - End - #118

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thorik lunged forward as the spirit starting to float upwards from the monkey corpse it had been using as a shield. The dwarf's axe slammed through the evilly grinning face, this time catching hold and tearing the argent figure in two, sending it back to whereever it came from.

Cederick and Karan also made well-placed shots, but the spirits laughed them off yet again.

Show
    Thorik's AoO is just enough to hit--good thing he didn't use another point of ppower attack or it would have been a miss--and he wipes out S1.

Both Cederick and Karan are again foiled by the spirits incorporeal forms.

That leaves Ignasio, Naila, and Alan still to act this round. However, both of the remaining two spirits are still recharging this round-finally seems like you guys caught a break on dice rolls there--so everyone gets to act again, and Ig, Niala, and Alan can act twice if desired.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-06-17 at 08:37 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Niala

Seeing the spirits attacking from the air, she assumes that she can move along the ground in relative freedom. She hops on her cats back, and guides her towards Cederick. Once she reaches him, she casts cure light wounds on him.

Show

I had no idea what to do, so I decided for healing the one with the least hit point percentage.
    (1d8+5)[9]
    As I'm not quite sure how many actions it takes me to get there (I think I get on the cat as a move action, the cat can move on her own the way. But then I probably can't take my standard action thereafter? Mounted combat is always confusing). If I turn out to have a standard action left, I'll use my pearl of power to re-memorize the CLW.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ignasio was fed up with those pesky little bolts of energy, sometimes it seemed like they were not really worth the annoying sensation in his spline, and on top of that it was…. Boring.
    He grimaced at his own lack of sty le and versatility and hoping that no one else notices he searched for yet another one of those monkey-ghosts, firing a third volley
    Show
    magic missiles yet again at any visible target within range.
    [roll] 3d4+3[/roll]