Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [OOC]

Hi All,

We have a replacement player coming on board that is going to pick up the character of Karan, who as it happens did indeed "scout ahead" and is waiting for you just outside the city ruins. I had to rework Karan slightly as after picking him up as an NPC I saw that his build was broken/illegal, but he still a pretty decent hybrid combatant and spellcaster. So perhaps not the prototypical tank, but should be effective even if the party isn't perfectly balanced.

I still need a marching order, including how you want the guards arranged. How about:

Karan Thorik
    G1 G2
    Alan Cederick
    Ignasio Axwheel
    G3 G4
    G5

Or you could have Karan or Thorik at point and the other at rearguard. If you have other suggestions let me know
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-09-22 at 09:01 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 | Init +10 | AC 16 T12 FF14| Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +6 melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- blade of blood, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd- animalistic power, sonic weapon D, sound burst (DC 16 partial)
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

That looks great to me. :-)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ignasio will in any case walk next to Axewheel.
    there were a few intricacies regarding cooking herb use that he didn't quite finished explaining to her....

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Hello everybody!

My name's Adam, and I'll be taking over everyone's big, sulky, fanged favorite - Karan. I'll post IC soon, but for now, wanted to introduce myself:
    I've been playing on and off for, hmm, about 30 years now. A lot of those games were with Dan, and some with Rob and Scott. It's been a while since I played a non-cleric, and basically forever since I've tried my hand at a ranger, so this should be fun.
    In my non-virtual life I'm an anthropologist by training, currently studying flat-earthers. So I don't find six-limbed, bi-headed, monkeys serving as containers for glowing spirits particularly weird.

Looking forward to playing with you all,
    Adam

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

As for the IC post:
    Karan has, as you may recall, scouted ahead. If I got it right, you're about 2 miles from Madro-Shanti. He'll make his appearance as you come closer to the ruins, rather than at the campsite the waiting Pisco just set up. So the IC post will wait until you start moving.

Adam

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Welcome to the team Adam !

Its been a while :-)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sorry for the slow posts, it's been a crazy couple of weeks at work that I wasn't expecting. Makes it hard to focus on anything on a computer after hours. I'll work to get better at that. Plus my weekly online IRL game, which is time that I often share with posting for this game, has been crazy lately, narrowly avoiding a disaster.

Welcome, Oso. Good to see a new player join in, and bring Karan back to the team.

As to marching, Thorik is fine being in the front. He doesn't have the perception skills for scouting, but he can take the first hit, and likes to have room to charge when things get ugly.
    My characters:
    Thorik Harthur [ OoC / IC ]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

..okay, are we waiting for other players to respond to Karan's return, and his subsequent departure, or are we assuming the group is moving forward after him, and it's time for Merc to kill us do his stuff?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I would assume its into the ruins time myself.

10. - Top - End - #250

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    ..okay, are we waiting for other players to respond to Karan's return, and his subsequent departure, or are we assuming the group is moving forward after him, and it's time for Merc to kill us do his stuff?
    I was indeed waiting to see if anyone else wanted to post anything. But since the answer appears to be no, I'll push us onwards.

Unfortunately it now looks like Cederick's player has taken a break from the forums, I don't see any recent activity and his last post in this game was 5 weeks ago. Sigh.

OK, I'll get a post out in the next 24 hours.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 | Init +10 | AC 16 T12 FF14| Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +6 melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- blade of blood, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd- animalistic power, sonic weapon D, sound burst (DC 16 partial)

Show

11. - Top - End - #251

OrcBarbarianGuy

Meanwhile, he is some old school art from the adventure to tide you over. I assume that is Alan, the guard Henneki, and, uh, some random dude as you approach the gatehouse.

Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Nice artwork.

Let's see if Thorik notices anything unusual in the picture of the gatehouse. Highly unlikely, but at least he has a racial bonus.

Spot: (1d20+2)[5]
    My characters:

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The style of the art looked familiar, but it took me a while to realize familiar to what: the early issues of Dave Sim's Cerebus.
    Now that was an impressive comic. Ambitious as hell, and in later issues too pretentious, but still, quite a feat.

(rolled in the IC thread)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I mean that looks more like cedric to me, though he is sadly mia for now.

Still really cool art. :-)

And sadly we all know the quiet is temporary. ;-)
    Last edited by Stepfan; 2020-10-08 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Removed thoughts on Dave Sim

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

ah crap, I keep expecting the site to remind by email me that people are posting, and when it doesn't, time slips by.
    My most humble apologies. I'm gonna need to get into the habit of checking the site every day, because otherwise a week slides by and Axwheel contributes nothing. I kinda expect that from Patience but Axwheel is supposed to be a little more loquacious, although Ignacio seems to have been filling that gap quite well so far.

right, lets catch up....

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzroy95 View Post
    ah crap, I keep expecting the site to remind by email me that people are posting, and when it doesn't, time slips by.
    My most humble apologies. I'm gonna need to get into the habit of checking the site every day, because otherwise a week slides by and Axwheel contributes nothing. I kinda expect that from Patience but Axwheel is supposed to be a little more loquacious, although Ignacio seems to have been filling that gap quite well so far.

right, lets catch up....
    I think you can change that - perhaps if you subscribe to the thread(s)? At any rate, I get an email notification anytime someone replies in the IC or OOC threads.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

yes, you can set it to send emails but it only ever tells you about the first one, and not any subsequent ones.
    so I read the first one, then wait for others to respond, but it never sends any more emails.
    I'll try playing with the subscriptions more and see if it reacts differently depending on whether its set to send emails instantly vs daily...

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

It looks like something’s happening as we approach, there are creatures spotted in the ruins.

Are we still posting any actions as players, or should we roll initiative, or is there another post coming with more info?
    My characters:

19. - Top - End - #259

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    It looks like something’s happening as we approach, there are creatures spotted in the ruins.

Are we still posting any actions as players, or should we roll initiative, or is there another post coming with more info?
    Still posting any actions as players. No need for initiative at this point.

Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Sorry folks midterms are happening and my life has imploded. I'll try to post something today, but I will be a bit intermittent for a minute.