Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [OOC]

Wow, for all the other problems in this crazy year, I managed to line up my vacation with the DM? who knew?

I'll also be travelling next week, 10th thru 14th, with probably limited internet access. Not as far or as long or as remote as I had hoped before the pandemic, but at least a few days to get away.
    My characters:
    Thorik Harthur [ OoC / IC ]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I admit my focus is going to be a lot on my upcoming move to start graduate school so I might be a little less chatty myself. Totally fine just going slow not in a rush. :-)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fever checks:

Ignasio:
    Con - (1d2)[2]
    Dex - (1d2)[2]

Cederick:
    Con - (1d2)[2]
    Dex - (1d2)[1]

Henneki:
    Con - (1d2)[1]
    Dex - (1d2)[2]

Mazaro:
    Con - (1d2)[1]
    Dex - (1d2)[2]
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 19/38 | Init +10 | AC 16 T12 FF14 (18/14/14)| Fort +7 Ref +3 (+5) Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +6 melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 (+7) ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 15), summon monster I; 2nd- catís grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

That sounds dangerous...
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given

Play-by-Post Characters:

Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Huh I can't tell if that prophetic dream is a threat, a warning, or an offer.

Since Alan is certianly interested in sources of shadow magic and enveloping darkness sounds good to him. Lack of control less so though...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Damn, keep expecting the form to email me each time someone posts, and it doesn't seem to be doing so, despite being subscribed to receive immediate emails.
    my apologies for Axwheel sleeping late and not responding earlier.

7. - Top - End - #217

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hi all,

I am back from my trip but have been a little slow to respond here as I try to unbury myself from work that piled up while I was away. I'll try to get a post out today

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzroy95 View Post
    Damn, keep expecting the form to email me each time someone posts, and it doesn't seem to be doing so, despite being subscribed to receive immediate emails.
    my apologies for Axwheel sleeping late and not responding earlier.
    Yeah, the system will send you an email the first time someone posts since you last visited the forum, but ONLY one, even if 20 other posts pile up behind it. It resets once you visit the forum. Rinse and repeat.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 19/38 | Init +10 | AC 16 T12 FF14 (18/14/14)| Fort +7 Ref +3 (+5) Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +6 melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 (+7) ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 15), summon monster I; 2nd- catís grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sorry, been away hiking for a couple of days...

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Totally fine, this has been a slow burn anyways. :-)

So did Alan get CLW or nah? I know there was an earlier offer but don't want to assume anything. :-)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

at this stage, Axwheel has only done the Cure disease (4) and lesser restoration (3) as required.

once Scott has given us a health status update based on those, I'll reconsider any extra healing needed.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Sounds like a plan, I'm honestly not super hurt right now.

12. - Top - End - #222

OrcBarbarianGuy

Axwheel's work gets the party back to very close to full strength:

Health Status:
    PCs:
    Ignasio 100%
    Cederick 100%
    Alan 92%
    Niala 100%
    Nialaís Cat 100%
    Thorik 100%
    Axwheel 100%

NPCs:
    Henneki (guard 1) 94%
    Mazaro (porter 2) 100% has contracted fever [-1 Con, -2 Dex]
    All others 100%

I'll move us along later today--hopefully we can pick up a little momentum soon.

Nio, are you still with us?

Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sorry, just realised I've got no idea how we are doing dice rolls.

Axwheel wants to do
    * Knowledge (religion) - d20+3
    * Knowledge (arcana) - d20+2
    * Knowledge nature - d20+4

around the queries about antelopes in local religion, or ghosts thereof

14. - Top - End - #224

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzroy95 View Post
    Sorry, just realised I've got no idea how we are doing dice rolls.

Axwheel wants to do
    * Knowledge (religion) - d20+3
    * Knowledge (arcana) - d20+2
    * Knowledge nature - d20+4

around the queries about antelopes in local religion, or ghosts thereof
    You can do dice rolling here, in the OOC thread, or in the IC thread within a spoiler tag. Where on Paizo you use [dice] and [/dice] to tag your dice rolls, here it is [roll] and [/roll].

You'll also find that this roller is much more finicky that Paizo's roller. Don't hit "preview" here on a post that includes a dice roll or the roll won't work. You also generally can't go back and correct a roll if you messed up the format or had the wrong dice specified; that, too will result in a null roll. If you have to correct a roll, you pretty much have to go back and make a brand new post with the corrected roll.

In terms of the rolls for the questions above, Axwheel generally agrees with Pisco's take, he stated all the pertinent facts.

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi everyone,

sorry for coming back to you so late. I finally admitted to myself that it's not really working out for me to continue my forum games in the long run.
    I am sorry if you were worried about me, please rest assured that I am really fine, and there is no reason to worry at all. I just somehow lost touch, and don't feel like returning.

Thank you for your efforts and patience.

All the best,

Nio

16. - Top - End - #226

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Niobaran View Post
    Hi everyone,

sorry for coming back to you so late. I finally admitted to myself that it's not really working out for me to continue my forum games in the long run.
    I am sorry if you were worried about me, please rest assured that I am really fine, and there is no reason to worry at all. I just somehow lost touch, and don't feel like returning.

Thank you for your efforts and patience.

All the best,

Nio
    OK, Nio. thanks for letting us know and good luck going forward.

To Everyone Else: It is certainly not atypical to have some turnover fairly early in games as peoples' situations change, so it has been pretty typical so far and about what I would have expected.

Does the rest of the group wanting to press onwards? We have been slower than I typically like to run games because a slow posting often indicates, or reinforces, lagging interest. I am happy to go on, but want to check how the rest of you are feeling. Let me know.

--Merc

Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I am good with still going, I've been trying not to post constantly so the whole thing doesn't just become Alan's suspicious mutterings. But I can post more if you would like.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I am still here and attentive.
    To be honest, I could not find anything for Ignasio to say lately, or significantly do so I was waiting for further development.
    I did not plan Ignasio to be a leading character, his motivations are not justifying it and he is happy to come along as a rather useful sidekick.... This was not done due to my inability to post but as a contrast to characters I usually tend to play. I wanted a comic relief this time around.

Short version: still here, and will post whenever something interesting happens.

Dan

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

likewise. Axwheel is more of a support role, but could become more involved if necessary, I just don't want her becoming too bossy

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Also still here and interested, I know my post rate has been up and down, but I can make an effort to increase it. As with a lot of things this year, real life has been chaotic lately, which sometimes takes me away from the game.

Thorik is more of an action character and less of a talker, and I'm still feeling out the rest of the group, but I can find more for him to contribute.

I like the game and the setting, and would like to see the adventure continue. We might need another player, as we're down to 4 casters and one warrior, even losing the big cat that the druid rode.
    My characters:
    Thorik Harthur [ OoC / IC ]

21. - Top - End - #231

OrcBarbarianGuy

Been a little busy with work so sorry for the slow response on this end too. Glad most everyone is still interested in continuing. I'll have a new post to throw over to you in the next 24 hours.

Show

22. - Top - End - #232

OrcBarbarianGuy

RE Axwheel's checks...

Axwheel knows, as Pisco stated before, that the totem animal that is associated with Cho-Oda is the monkey. She also knows that, like the monkey, Cho-Oda is represented as curious and inquisitive, and that some stories tell of how these characteristics get the nature spirit into trouble occasionally.

Show

23. - Top - End - #233

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dan,

If you think Adam would be up for joining in, sure, he'd be more than welcome.

Show

24. - Top - End - #234

OrcBarbarianGuy

So...

Is the plan to proceed towards the ruins on the old road then? Do you have any ort of party marching order in mind? Are you bringing the guards, or leaving them with Pisco?

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I would think we leave the guards.

Marchjng order is a good question, sadly we are all (almost) casters at this point. I'd still like to be towards the middle, but I am at least in armor so I can be a bit more forward then say Ignacio.

26. - Top - End - #236

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well, although Niala and her cat are magically disappearing, you will be picking up some help -- either a new player or Karan, who was scouting ahead, as an NPC.

But all the more reason you should consider bringing the guards. They are four Warrior 2's and Henneki is now a Warrior 3, so they aren't completely hopeless, and if nothing else they can suck up damage for a bit. This is a one-shot adventure, and it is sort of old school, so they are completely disposable!
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2020-09-19 at 04:55 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #237

SwashbucklerGuy

I was under the impression that the guards were too superstitious to join in. If this is not the case I will post something IC to encourage them to join us.
    Just hope they don't turn into nameless cannon fodders.....

28. - Top - End - #238

OrcBarbarianGuy

On the contrary, the guards are there precisely to act as cannon fodder and trap-setter-offers. This is a one-shot after all! The porters are superstitious, true, but the guards expect to use their martial skill until such time as they fall tragic victim to some horrible monster or limb-rending trap.

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Oh well in that case I think Alan wants them to come with...

30. - Top - End - #240

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    On the contrary, the guards are there precisely to act as cannon fodder and trap-setter-offers. This is a one-shot after all! The porters are superstitious, true, but the guards expect to use their martial skill until such time as they fall tragic victim to some horrible monster or limb-rending trap.
    Shame on you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopdYE3_QoU