Thread: Homestuck 2

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default Re: Homestuck 2

9/16.

Spoiler
    Show

Another long dragged-out episode on the horribleness of a character that looks like Jane but isn't. Sorta frustrated that Jake knew about Yiffany the whole time but didn't do anything to help her.

I'm glad the war conflict is getting started, though (I mean, not that I like war, just that at least things in this narrative are happening).

2. - Top - End - #32

GreataxeFighterGirl

9/30.

Spoiler
    Show

...not a bad update, really. Great shot of Jade reaching for Yiffy; the art has definitely improved so much.

Glad to see Vrissy still loving her Moms. Hope Jade and Rose have a damn good explanation on leaving their daughter with not-Jane for over a decade.

3. - Top - End - #33

GreataxeFighterGirl

10/15.

Spoiler
    Show

Just talking in my own little corner...

Anyways...what, exactly, possessed Jane to attack the house of one of the most powerful people on earth-C? Why didn't John use his wind powers to stop it? Why didn't he just blow away the ship?

I kind of liked Candy over Meat at first, just because the omega kids were so fun, but it looks like Candy is devolving into its epilogue status.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Yeah, I have to agree, confused & disappointed that John didn't attempt to deflect the missile. His skillset is perfect for it.

5. - Top - End - #35

GreataxeFighterGirl

10/31.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, Karkat's design rocks. This update did feel nice, and I like Karkat pointing out why people are still hung up on relationships during a wartime zone (although I'm still pissed at Jade's character being completely eviscerated for Dave and Karkat).

Unclear on Dave's death, though. How did John find out? Jade didn't even know, and she was with Dave.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    10/31.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, Karkat's design rocks. This update did feel nice, and I like Karkat pointing out why people are still hung up on relationships during a wartime zone (although I'm still pissed at Jade's character being completely eviscerated for Dave and Karkat).

Unclear on Dave's death, though. How did John find out? Jade didn't even know, and she was with Dave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought Jade did know about Dave's death when she spilled all the beans to John about Yiffy. She focused more on her daughter's abduction (which was ongoing and could be rectified), but when she was talking about Dave she started to break down toward the end and never finished her last sentence, which was where Rose took over. I assume that covered the topic of finding his corpse. At the very end John asks about Dave just in time to bring everything to close on a cliffhanger. Later, Harry Anderson saw the group of John, Rose, and Jade having some serious-looking conversation together, with Kanaya looking on, and he then asked Tavros what it felt like to know someone who'd died. I gathered they had been talking about Dave when Harry espied them.

It was a sort of mirror from the Candy universe there to the Meat universe -- it's John, Rose, and Jade in one universe talking about Dave's death with Kanaya to the side, while in the other there's a heartfelt moment of Dave talking to Kanaya about how all three of his original friends are now MIA. In one universe they all mourn him, while in the other he mourns the three of them.

How Karkat doesn't know seems odd, but I guess Jade felt it wasn't her place to break it to him? Plus she was preoccupied.

7. - Top - End - #37

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by B. Dandelion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought Jade did know about Dave's death when she spilled all the beans to John about Yiffy. She focused more on her daughter's abduction (which was ongoing and could be rectified), but when she was talking about Dave she started to break down toward the end and never finished her last sentence, which was where Rose took over. I assume that covered the topic of finding his corpse. At the very end John asks about Dave just in time to bring everything to close on a cliffhanger. Later, Harry Anderson saw the group of John, Rose, and Jade having some serious-looking conversation together, with Kanaya looking on, and he then asked Tavros what it felt like to know someone who'd died. I gathered they had been talking about Dave when Harry espied them.

It was a sort of mirror from the Candy universe there to the Meat universe -- it's John, Rose, and Jade in one universe talking about Dave's death with Kanaya to the side, while in the other there's a heartfelt moment of Dave talking to Kanaya about how all three of his original friends are now MIA. In one universe they all mourn him, while in the other he mourns the three of them.

How Karkat doesn't know seems odd, but I guess Jade felt it wasn't her place to break it to him? Plus she was preoccupied.
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. I totally got mixed up with Jade asking where Dave went versus her saying they got Yiffy abducted. That's a neat parallel as well.

When it comes to Homestuck material, I read through it and wait in completely confusion until better people explain what all just happened.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Hi all, I did not know there was a Homestuck2 Thread. THis is cool.

9. - Top - End - #39

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by D&D_Fan View Post
    Hi all, I did not know there was a Homestuck2 Thread. THis is cool.
    Now you know

11/29.

Spoiler
    Show

Didn't Jade and Calliope separate? Loving Roxy though; they're my favorite character period. Not really much else to say.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Didn't Jade and Calliope separate? Loving Roxy though; they're my favorite character period. Not really much else to say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are two Calliopes. One is the dead God Tier Calliope who destroyed the Green Sun. The other is the dead not-God Tier Calliope who's wearing a Life Ring. The God Tier Calliope was possessing Jade, and left to... apparently go possess a different Jade. The not-God Tier Calliope was on the ship all along, just holed up in her room (or, the vents, apparently).

I assume she didn't want to go near Callie-possessed Jade because it was weird.

You can tell the difference because God Tier Callie is a ghost, so she doesn't have eyes. Not-God Tier Callie is wearing a Life Ring, so she has eyes.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2020-11-30 at 07:02 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Because of his classpect, Horuss Zahhak is basically a 404 error.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Maybe not as useful as a Page of Hope but still useful under certain circumstances and occasions.

13. - Top - End - #43

GreataxeFighterGirl

12/25.

Happy holidays to all!

Spoiler
    Show

Just John, Roxy, and Calliope chilling, I guess. Did they ever mention that Earth C was in a black hole? 'Cause if not, that was a pleasant twist to read. (or more likely, I just completely missed that).