New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Starsong War (IC)

"I am lieutenant Vale, and I'm in charge of investigating this ship. You are not forbidden from being in the area, but do not get in our way." A terse female voice answers Adrian's question over the radio. "As for your question, we are only just getting started. However, my men tell me that the ship appears to have been stripped completely of anything that could provide a hint to the nature of its crew. Was that the case when it arrived here, or is there a warehouse in the middle of one of those radioactive craters containing everything I've been send here to find?"
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-05-02 at 04:25 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

"That was the case when we investigated, yes," Yue answers. "Why? What were you sent to find anyway? We could keep an ear out in case someone knows something."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, good to know. And we were send to find anything and everything that could provide further information on the whereabouts and allies of these terrorists." the Lieutenant responds to Yue's question. "If there's anything useful you can tell me from your own investigation, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I've got a search to organize."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

"Probably nothing that could help you right now. I got the feeling they planned to leave nothing of value in there," Yue muses. "Our only real contact with them were the wreckages of the Zakus, which I assume another team is handling."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I looked over the ship myself," Zeke would chime in. "Feel free to search it, I was by myself and pressed for time. I just came back to make sure nothing was going on while we were distracted."
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

"Well then. If you do remember something useful, don't hesitate to contact me." The lieutenant responds.

Several moments alter, a large group of people gathers outside one of the imperial shuttles. A figure disembarks and seems to give orders to the group, which then splits up in smaller teams and heads off into the ship.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll go take a peek" Adrian said, getting down from the Fluffy "I've yet to see this ship after all" with that he'd go check out the Latrodectus insides- mainly looking for locked systems he could force open. No real hope to find anything, but trying wouldn't hurt.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

The imperial troops let Adrian pass as he enters the Latrodectus, but one soldier does stick close to him from the moment he boards the ship. The interior of the ship is pretty much as Zeke and Yue would have described them, with some signs of wear and tear, but all decoration and personality stripped away. Imperial troops are moving all over the place. Some of them seem to be performing a thorough room by room search of the ship, while others are working on the ship's computer systems.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-05-03 at 11:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"Anyone minds if I try removing the locks? We could find something and I'm good with machines" Adrian asked the imperials- not really waiting for an answer, given that this tecnically was his territory.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Pick locks! Or disable device, same bonuses.

(1d20+11)[25] with int

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Adrian sets to work on getting the various terminal on the bridge unlocked. For a moment, it seems like one of the imperial soldiers is going to stop him, but then she thinks better of him. As he works, it's very clear that he's being watched closely.

Unfortunately, it quickly becomes apparent that the contents of these computers are much like that of the rest of the ship. Each terminal seems to have been reset to factory conditions, with no traces remaining of its previous activities, with one exception. While bypassing the password on the navigation computer, Adrian found signs of a fairly recent automated data-backup. Restoring that data returns the ship's navigation solutions for the past month. This includes the ship's flight through empire territory, but also where it was before coming to Avron. According to the backup, the ship had spend at least a week docked at the starport of the city of New Geneva on Arcadia Prime, the capital city of the entire federation, before flying directly for Avron.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"Lo and behold, I made it" Adrian said "I'll make a copy of this navigation data to bring back to the portmaster and then it's all yours" he worked on that and then presented the console to the imperials.
    "Glad to see we can work together" with that he left the ship, not interested in a complete search.

"Zeke, Yue- good old back-ups always betray no-gooders he told them, getting back on the Fluffy "Unless you two want to check something, I'm done"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

The soldiers let Adrian take a copy of the data, and then start working over it themselves. They seem quite enthusiastic by the find, and Adrian can hear one of them refer to it as a 'smoking gun' as he leaves the bridge. The soldier keeping an eye on him follows him all the way back to the ship's airlock, but remains there as Adrian returns back to Fluffy.

13. - Top - End - #283

Zeke starts heading back to the Victory Crater, "I think I'm fine, I've already looked and it seems the ship wasn't like touched anytime soon. They probably didn't plan on returning to it because it already suspect. But what did you find Adrian?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"Here- I'm sending it to you two. If basically shows the ships departing from the Federation's capital, stopping by Avron then it's time on imperial space" Adrian replied.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

"... more than just passing strange," Yue remarks. "They spent so much effort scrubbing the ship of all its markings, but didn't erase their navigation logs? That seems either an obviously basic mistake, or something they wanted people to find... which."

She shrugs quietly. "Well, given what's happening with the imperials now, that's just the fuel they want to sabre-rattle with the Federation, is it not?"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

The idea downed on him.
    "With how much focus I had on them framing the Empire, I forgot about them framing the Federation. We should probably hurry to the portmaster" that wasn't really a proposal- he turned the Fluffy and took off for Victory Crater.

17. - Top - End - #287

Post Re: The Starsong War (IC)

"On it," Zeke says, hastening his way around the radioactive waste. "I definitely think that is too convient."
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2020-05-03 at 05:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Darkness has fully fallen by the time Zeke, Adrian and Yue return to Victory crater. A large camp of tents has sprawled around the existing farm buildings now, and the camp seems surprisingly well lit. There's a bit of a nervous atmosphere as well, with small groups of people gathering to talk and then dissolving again.

The portmaster is fairly easy to find. She is at a small group of tents near the centre of the crater. A large antenna dish and accompanying equipment has been set up there, and two engineers in imperial uniforms seem to be putting the finishing touches to setting it up.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Yue sets on down with a sigh, feeling quite hungry and tired. But more things lie in wait first, as she gathers with Adrian and Zeke, then to the portmaster's tent.

"There was one thing we missed with the Latrodectus - its flight log was fully intact, and it includes its docking in New Geneva in Arcadia Prime." She tilts her head. "I'd say that the Imperials finding this information, and Stork coming here soon with a Federation fleet is playing right into the conspiracy's hands..."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

The portmaster grimaces. "This is worrying me. If the plan for this attack had gone off without a problem, the Latrodectus should have been destroyed, so if they planted this information just in case... It sounds to me like whoever planned this had way too much time to map out contingencies." She shakes her head. "Guess we'll see how far ahead they planned soon enough though. If the Federation's 2nd fleet comes here as soon as they hear the news, they should enter the system around noon tomorrow at the earliest. The empire should have left by then. If they somehow got advance warning though..." The portmaster shrugs.

"You lot look hungry, by the way." She goes into one of the tents, then returns a moment later with a stack of sandwiches, which she starts handing out. "Eat something, and then we can figure out what exactly we want to try to broadcast to the rest of the federation."
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-05-04 at 05:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree with that assessment... remember the badge we found in the Fujin warehouses?" Yue muses. "If an Imperial team had managed to seize those assets and find the badge in there, that would be yet another way the implication could go."

She blinks once and nods with a soft smile. "Thanks, Kameko." She finds some water to drink as well, knowing it's important to take a break after going almost non-stop all day -- not to mention getting into a skirmish.

"... I suppose the main distinction would be to highlight signs of planted evidence and conspiracy, as we've uncovered quite a bit. Ser Kay seems willing to work with us, so I hope Stork will be as well. Fortunately, we generally took photographs on our phones as we went, so not everything is up in smoke."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Adrian took the sandwich with a grateful look.

"Then we can point out that, you know, the big evil empire came to us to say thank you and help us out, instead of trying to shoot us in the head"

23. - Top - End - #293

Zeke takes the sandwich, glad for some real food. "Stork will likely be fine, but we'll have to make sure to get I him before the fleet gets started on a war path... The Imperials not being here will definitely help with that."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm, sending all of it directly to Stork was something I hadn't considered." The portmaster replies. "I'd been thinking about sending it out as publicly as possible, and hoping that it'd either gather enough attention before our enemy could attempt to suppress it, or that we'd overestimated our opponent. However, sending it directly to Stork..." She nods. "It's easy to think of him having no backbone given just how much of a stickler for the rules he is, but I know for a fact that he won't just take it if people start messing with those rules. It'll be slower than going fully public, as Stork would try to pass it on trough the proper channels, but if someone tried to make the information disappear, he'd raise a massive stink about it. In addition, the conspirators wouldn't learnt that we're still alive as quickly, minimizing the risk to those that choose to stay here."

The portmaster is silent for a moment as she thinks it over. "This should be a safer and better approach than going public, but it does rely on Stork not being part of this conspiracy. I don't believe he is, but..."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't we just do both? We broadcast it and also make sure to send it to Stork. This way we give doubts to whatever fleet is first coming here and also tip off our possible ace" Adrian chimed in.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

"I think the first priority is to avoid an immediate skirmish between the imperial forces stationed here and Stork's incoming fleet, so I agree that keeping him informed would be wise," Yue remarks. "Honesty is our best weapon at the moment, not deception. Even if Stork passes it on up the chain and someone makes it disappear... that would hopefully be another trail to follow of our shadowy conspiracy."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

"So we're all agreed on sending it to Stork." The portmaster taps out some commands on a tablet attached to the communications uplink. Some lights blink, and after a moment the portmaster nods. "I've send him the official report. It'll be at least four hours before I can expect any sort of response from him, so no point waiting up for it. All that's left to decide is whether we also want to throw this news out as publicly as possible. This runs the risk of bringing the conspiracy down on us again, but it means we won't have to rely solely on Stork."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"Personally, I have a stake in uprooting this conspiracy. Ouroboros' End is out there, and part of it; I don't wish for more people to lose their homes and be harmed because of them," Yue muses. "And... I would not begrudge any citizen of Rustport who wishes to seek protection from the federation or empire as a result of this. But I'm here for the long haul."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"Same! For obvious reasons. And I mean same about staying AND goin' public" Adrian said "For all we know, Bernhard is still here"

30. - Top - End - #300

Zeke nods, "As long as we can keep citizens from any fallout that may come our way as a result. Though I guess they would be more upset at the ones that called them out directly."