New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Starsong War (IC)

A message arrives on Zeke's, Adrian's and Yue's phone, sent by the portmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Portmaster Iseri Kameko
    The main group of civilians will be leaving Rustport for Victory crater in about forty minutes. I'd feel a lot more relaxed if you could watch over them as they do. You lot are the only ones in the colony with combat hardware that isn't older than the breakaway war, and if these terrorists do decide to try something I'd like to have our best-equipped fighters in the vicinity.

Be safe out there,
    Portmaster Kameko
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Yue lets out another soft breath as she looks towards the message. Time to go.

She returns to the Ophanim, checking that the children are safe too; before long, she's descended down beside the colonist group, pensive thoughts in her mind. This still isn't over...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

ºWait, she was with Ouroboros!? But that means... Noº Adrian shook his head ºNo way she's a traitor. Logically, she wouldn't have mentioned it like thatº and not logically, Adrian didn't want to mistrust Yue of all people- nor Zeke, but Zeke was a given.

When he received the portmaster message, he and Fluffy made a sharp turn for the evacuation route.
    On the way he wrote something to Revalk:

When all this somewhat settles, I have to talk to you and Rief. Alone.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Just outside of Rustport a large and varied collection of vehicles is gathering. Off-road cars, flat-bed trucks, industrial mecha, motor-cycles and even a couple of atmospheric transports are all parked haphazardly. Supplies are being loaded on some of the vehicles, while others are clearly intended to transport people. Two Zaku Mark 1 mecha in the blue and white livery of the colonie's police corps are patrolling the edges of the mass of vehicles, instructions ringing out from the speakers mounted on the mechs.

Just as Yue and Adrian approach, two VF-1's in the green of the port officials land nearby and transform to their two-legged form to join the police Zaku's in managing the operation. More and more people come walking out of Rustport, packs filled with supplies in their hand or on their backs, to join the convoy that is slowly taking shape.

Adrian receives a response from Revalk just as Fluffy touches down near the mass of vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revalk Maserat
    I hope we get the chance to have that talk.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

ºNot ominous at allº Adrian thought reading the response.
    Arriving at the meeting he waved the other troops there and Yue, surveying from up in the sky what happened.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    For Spot! (1d20)[18]
    Plus usual Blindsense. Tecnically there's also Blindsight, but with 30 mu keeping to the air it probably doesn't reach.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seemed there was nothing else to be done. Sighing to himself, Zeke would make his way to the evacuation site, though he would stay a ways off so he would have view of the whole area and the area around it.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

It takes about half an hour for the convoy to get organised, but eventually the mess of vehicles start straightening out and looking somewhat organized, all the goods are loaded and everyone finds a seat on or in the available vehicles.

Spoiler: Adrian's spot check
    Show

You don't notice anything off or suspicious, but one little thing does stand out to you. Revalk would have been easily recognizable, even from the air, given his large size, but you haven't spotted him among those preparing to evacuate.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-21 at 01:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

It didn't take much for Adrian to get worried. WAY worried.
    "No... No no no!" he screamed to no one in particular, whirling frantically around to try to see him.
    ºThe way he wrote that message... Could it be... Did he knew...?º
    "I'm sorry I need to check up the Latrodectus! I'll make sure to come back before it's time!" he said on the comms, not sure anyone wss there hearing him.
    ºHe could even part of the terrorists...º he took off pushing Fluffy's engine to the max output, using the relative free sky to write a short message to Revalk.

Where are you???

Then he got called by him, which resulted in a torrent of words and worrying before Revalk could even get a word in.
    "Wow, kid, relax! I'm fine, and reasonably safe. The Portmaster just asked me to check if it was safe to move the Latrodectus, that's all."
    "Then when are you coming?" Adrian asked. There wasn't much time left.
    "I won't be joining the main evacuation. It looks like the ships hasn't been boobytrapped in any way, so I'll be moving the ship a couple of kilometres the other way. If it does contain a bomb of sorts then the colony might just survive, and if it doesn't, then we have an intact ship of sorts."
    Adrian was almost accepting that, but realized something.
    "And how are you getting back? Aren't the avalaible robots deployed at the evacuation line?"
    "I've got a dirtbike here, so I should be able to catch up to you before the bomb goes off."
    Right. A dirtbike.
    "Should? Is Rief with you?" he asked, not sure if he saw the other man at the group.
    "He's not. Last I heard, he wanted to check some final things on the Inferno before joining you lot. If you're worried about me, you can always come and pick me up once you've seen those people to Victory crater."
    Yes, he could most definitely do that.
    "I will. Not that I doubt your survival skills, but Fluffy's all about speed"
    "Heh, I know that. See you in a while then, kid!"

With the call concluded, Adrian briefly thought of going to the Inferno, but there was no time so he headed back to the evacuation group.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-21 at 01:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

As the convoy starts to get ready, Zeke, Adrian and Yue receive a message from the portmaster, containing the radio-frequency that will be used by the convoy's defenders. Shortly after tuning in, the Portmaster's voice can be heard coming over the radio. "The convoy's almost ready, so here's how we're going to do this. The regulars from the police and port authority will be the first line of defense in case something goes wrong. The three auxiliaries will jump in if trouble emerges. If anything does happen, do everything you can to keep trouble away from the convoy. Things shouldn't get any more complicated than that." The portmaster sounds tired and weary. "Let's have a quick round of introductions, since not everyone here has worked together with everyone else."

"Roger that, portmaster." A deep male voice replies. "I'm Erik Sjö, with the Avron port authority. My callsign is Sparrow 1, and I'll be guarding the convoy's left flank."

"Izumi Kameko, Sparrow 2, right flank." A youngish female voice replies matter-of-factly.

"I'm officer Liza DeMarko, Cruiser 1 for this mission. I'll be all the way at the front of the convoy. Nice to have some extra muscle with us in case things go wrong." A slightly older-sounding female voice replies.

"And I'm Bobby Fergus, Cruiser 2 for the military-minded folk among you!" An enthusiastic male voice cuts in right after Liza. "I'll be on rearguard duty!"
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-21 at 01:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

"Zeke Mathis, I'm here to back you all up." he would active his Quantum Generator before moving away from his vantage point. He would move up to on side of the group.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm Adrian and... Uh... Izumi Kameko? Are you the portmaster's daughter?" Adrian said, the Fluffy hovering high over the evacuation group in a circle, its black armor and white collar making it look like a vulture.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-21 at 02:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

The Ophanim stations itself near the right flank, the prototype G-Territory device activated; might as well absorb any blows that come from the front, though anything can happen at this point. "Yue Shiratsuyu, Ophanim."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

"Niece, actually. Is there a problem with that?" Izumi's replies to Adrian's question, her tone still neutral, but there's a a hint of anger or exasperation there as well.

"Attention everyone, we're moving out." The portmaster announces over the radio, and the convoy lurches into motion. Officer DeMarko leads the way, with the vehicles behind her keeping a respectable distance from the Mech, to give her room to fight if need be. Sparrow 1 and Sparrow 2 take off again and start patrolling the convoys flanks, while Bobby takes up his position at the rear.

As the convoy slowly makes its way to its destination, other vehicles join in. Some of these are stragglers from Rustport, others are trucks from the various salvaging companies that had been busy at wrecks near the colony, including a vehicle with the logo of Revalk's crew on the roof, coming from the direction of the Inferno. This slow trickle quickly dries up as the evacuees leave Rustport and the closest wrecks behind.

Beyond Rustport and the first ring of wrecks, Avron is barren place, the terrain a mixture of sandy dunes, rocky gorges, impact craters and the remains of crashed starships.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I'd like everyone to roll spot and listen checks, as well as any other checks they believe relevant to their current situation (such as move silently or hide for the more stealth-inclined).

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm guessing I shouldn't have asked. It was just curiosity" Adrian commented, soaring through the sky.

While flying, seeing Revalk's crew join in, his humor lifted a bit knowing at least Rief was with them- he barely knew the man, but he was included in the photo he found or at least was similar to the man, so he wanted to ask him several things.
    "I'll go ahead of the group- I should be able to act as some kind of scout"

Show
    As I said, I'll move ahead- with 100 flying mu speed even while moving silently he should still be able to stay ahead.

Not sure Hide applies while moving, but I'll roll it anyway. Thanks to Nacht System I can hide even without any cover!

In the order, Spot/Listen/Move Silently/Hide
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20+12)[16]
    (1d20+12)[27]
    As always I'm relying more on Blindsight/Blindsense then my Spot and Listen :p

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Yue looks for a moment towards the vehicle the kids are in, giving them a wave from the Ophanim's hand for a moment - then turning her attention outwards again.

Show
    Spot - (1d20+11)[30]
    Listen - (1d20+8)[19]

Not bothering with Stealth, since it's better for her to take the aggro than anyone else.

16. - Top - End - #166

Zeke would move quietly, keeping his sight one the horizon for any threats.

[Spoiler=OOC]
    Spot
    (1d20+13)[29]
    Listen
    (1d20+3)[8]
    Move Silently
    (1d20+2)[15]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

The convoy slowly winds its way towards victory crater, passing by gorges, around wrecked ships and through the craters left by the breakaway war 30 years ago. There are plenty of possible ambush locations, keeping the convoys defenders wary, but no sudden ambushes or explosions occur.

After about half an hour of travel the convoy enters a section of open desert, uncluttered by wrecked ships, with the only notable feature for the next couple of kilometres being the end of a large ravine cutting into the desert, terminating fairly close to the rudimentary road the convoy has been following.

Adrian, flying ahead, is the first to get a proper view into the ravine, and though he can't make out much himself due to the glare of the afternoon sun on his cockpit, his mecha's sensors pick up two unknown contacts within the rocky crevasse.

At the same time, Yue and Zeke notice a glare of reflecting metal from a large dune on the other side of the road from the ravine.

Before much more can be done than a quick warning, the dune on the right side of the road seems to dissolve as two Zaku mark II's in imperial crimson burst from it. At the same time, a further two boost out of the ravine on jump-jets.

The two Zaku's emerging from the dune are about 60 MU away from the front of the convoy. One is equipped with a shield and an assortment of close quarters weapons, the other one is covered in missile launchers. Thw two Zaku's emerging from the ravine are about 145MU away from the front of the convoy and are equipped with a variety of guns. One has two massive railguns on its back, while the other is loaded down with a large variety of cannons and rifles.

Show

Roll initiative!
    Missile Zaku: (1d20+3)[13]
    Melee Zaku: (1d20+3)[10]
    cannon Zaku: (1d20+3)[23]
    railgun Zaku: (1d20+3)[20]
    Cruiser 1&2: (1d20+4)[13]
    Sparrow 1&2: (1d20+4)[13]

Some further notes on positioning:
    Adrian scouted 140 MU ahead, so the Zakus emerging from the ravine are only 30 MU away from him, while those emerging from the dune are 80 MU away, and closer to the convoy than to him.

Yue and Zeke would be a bit behind the front of the convoy (the convoy itself snakes over a distance of about 150 MU), but they are free to decide where exactly they are (including right next to cruiser 1 at the front).

Cruiser 2 is at the rear of the convoy, meaning that he's about 210 MU away from the closest hostiles.

Sparrow 1 and 2 where flying on the convoy's flanks. Sparrow 2 is about 100 MU away fro the Zaku emerging from the dune and 200 Mu away from those emerging from the ravine. Sparrow 1 is 120 MU way from the dune Zaku and 190 Mu from the ravine Zaku.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Yue's eyes widen for a moment as she looks to her radars. Why are those units...?.

She flinches for a moment, but resolves herself -- as she emerges and presses forward herself. "... Zaku units. This is the Ophanim. Do you recognise me?" She frowns. "These are civilians! Do not open fire on them! Your target is me, if anyone!"

Show
    Init - (1d20+5)[11] and... attempted Diplomacy - (1d20+13)[30]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"Huh, should have run further away, Yue." Yue receives a reply to her plee over a tight-beam connection. The one responding clearly doesn't want anyone else to listen in. "You get one chance to stand aside and let us do our work. Otherwise, I'll happily martyr you too!"

The hostile Zaku's surge into motion. The one laden down with guns and cannons whirls around to face Adrian's mecha, unleashing a barrage of shots with its beam rifle, though moving steadily towards the convoy as he deos so. The railgun laden one fires a pair of shots at Cruiser 1, one shot taking off the mecha's head, the other ripping through it's left leg. Cruiser 1 topples, but the surprised curse from the mech's pilot suggests that she survives her mech's execution.

The missile armed Zaku likewise approaches the convoy, firing a missile at the oncoming Sparrow 2 as he does so. The missile hits the rear section of the flying mech, and the resulting explosion tears the engines apart, leaving the cockpit to tumble towards the ground. Before it crashes though, a flash can be seen from the cockpit as the pilot ejects. This is immediately followed up by a retaliating shot from Sparrow 1, striking the Zaku in the side and tearing off one of its two missile pods.

While this is going on, Cruiser 2 is running up from his position at the rear as fast as he can manage. As he does so, he fires a smoke canister covering the front of the convoy.

Show

Fluffy gets shot at with an armor breaker, rolling a 27 to hit. If this hits, Fluffy's DR is halved untill the next round and he takes 7 damage.
    Fluffy is also shot at with a beam weapon, with rolls of 20, 27 and 12 to hit. These shots deal 10, 20 and 12 damage slashing. This weapon has the power (meaning only half AC from natural armor, armor and shield bonuses), rending (only apply half DR) and disarming properties. The mech gets a bonus to disarming, so roll against 26, 33 and 18 respectively to avoid getting disarmed if the respective shots hit. This targets the biggest weapons on fluffy first (first the roche saber, if that one goes, the twinned beam rifle, and if that one goes down, the lt kinetic cannon)

The railgun Zaku moves 40 MU forward, putting him 100 MU away from the convoy's front (175 MU from Zeke's current position, 60 MU from Fluffy) The cannon Zaku also closes in with the convoy, but slower, keeping its weapons trained on fluffy (110 MU from convoy, 40 MU from fluffy, 185 from Zeke). The missile Zaku slowly closes with the convoy, and is now 50 MU away from it (125 MU from Zeke, 90 from fluffy).

Yue and Adrian are up in the initiative order.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-24 at 03:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

"That voice... Janus Ober...!" Yue murmurs, looking towards her radio as if she wants to glare at him. "Just what is your aim here? Why does Ouroboros' End want Rustport?!"

There is a grimace, then she switches: "Adrian, pull back if you need to recuperate. The nanomachines in the Ophanim can help reconstruct the Fluffy."

She sees the missile and railgun take Cruiser 1 and Sparrow 2 out, and there's a deeper grimace. "Don't push yourselves too hard - pull back as you need to!"

I have to do this. For the children's sake. For everyone's sake...

The Ophanim's eyes glow as it raises its arm towards the incoming missile-armed Zaku, a large cannon coming into view as the targeting reticle scans over her eye. Nanomachines suffuse over her as she whispers,

"Target acquired... multi-lock. Sub-routing power to the Buster Rifle..."

There is a low, ominous noise -- and a momentarily horrific black line of gravity streaks through, widening into a gravitic shot upon the missile Zaku.

Show
    HP: 90/90 (regen 14)
    EN: 70/120 (regen 24)
    AC: 37 (with Focus)
    DR: 10 + 5/magic + 5 hardness

Remaining SP: 15/30 (SP Regen: 10)

Free: Focus (Spirit) (15 SP)
    For 1 round you gain +6 Perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC and saves, plus your attack rolls automatically hit on a natural 14+ and attack rolls against you automatically fail on a 6 or less.

Full-Round Action: Concentrate One with G-Impact Cannon on Missile Zaku.
    Effects: Power, Heavy, Area(Line), Brutal, Pinning
    Attack 1: (1d20+20)[35] Damage: (5d12+12)[53]
    Attack 2: (1d20+20)[38] Damage: (5d12+12)[34]
    Last edited by Merilan; 2020-04-24 at 03:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

The first shot from the Ophanim's buster rifle cracks the Zaku's armor and leaves a large crater right at its centre. In desperation, or maybe defiance, the Zaku's pilot fires a missile back at Yue, but the missile goes wide as the Ophami's second shot tears straight through the hostile mech. The mech collapses, with nothing left of its core, or its pilot.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"****!" Adrian screamed when he found himself in front of a giant cannon.
    "I'll take you up on that offer if I can make it back!" he replied, quite pissed off. Turning towards the convoy, he blatantly ignored the cannoneer and pointed his rifles at the railgun-user.
    "Let's see if take that off, yes?"
    After shooting, he put the foot on the pedal and run all the way back towards the main group, prepping his smoke round.

Show
    Right, those railguns are too dangerous.

First, Scan on it to get -2 AC and know those are actually two separate railguns.

Then turn towards it (-5 ft. Every 90º angle)

Shooting with twinned beam rifles:
    One hit roll for 31 and 8 damage with Power property, 35 check to disarm a railgun.

One hit roll for 20 and 12 damage with Power property, 24 to disarm a railgun.

Then if I can get them without triggering AoOs I'm moving 90 ft. (Assuming 10 got lost to turning) while picking up the railguns (no action required for techno-thief).

Otherwise I'm just running the **** back.

In any case, when/if I get to move and get back I'll spend my immediate action to shoot a smoke round at my feets to cover me in smoke. If it requires a roll, it's 16.

At the end of my turn in all cases it's 7 additional damage to the zaku and 3 additional damage to enemies within 30 mu of it, ignores DR.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-24 at 08:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: scan: railgun Zaku
    Show

30/30 HP
    105/110 Energy
    0/0 Spirit
    AC: 23
    DR: 5
    Movement: 40 MU land
    feats: defend, counter x2, glory in death, running shot
    weapons 2x burst railgun, 1x Md kinetic cannon

The railgun-armed Zaku takes the hits from fluffy's beam rifles, but seems to shrug them off with only minimal damage, the railguns themselves remaining attached and functional. The nanite payload delivered by the shots seem to have a far greater effect on the mecha, as the nanites start eating through its armor.

Back at the convoy, the Zaku equipped with melee weapons charges at the Ophanim, a blade of energy forming in its right fist.

Show

The Melee Zaku charges the ophanim, attacking with a melee weapon. He rolls an 18 to hit, and deals 13 damage if it hits. The weapon has the power property, meaning it ignores half of the natural armor, armor and shield bonuses the Ophanim might have.

And Zeke's up now.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-24 at 09:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

"Don't overextend yourself Adrian, Zeke says calmly as he dismounts the rifle that was over his left shoulder. Take careful aim at the railgun Zaku, he would fire a single powerful round.

Show

Swift action and 15 Energy;
    Standing Snipe
    Gun Maniac (Stance) [Rifle], [Launcher]
    Level: Real Pilot 3
    Initiation Action: Swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: See text
    Duration: Stance

You cannot enter this stance if you moved since the start of your turn.

Choose one your ranged weapons. It gains a bonus equal to your PL on damage rolls and half that bonus on attack rolls. It also gains the Pinning property. If it already had the Pinning property, enemies damaged by the weapon must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+ Dex mod or become Shaken for 1 round.

When you move you automatically exit this stance.

Free action:
    Focus[Real Pilot](15): For 1 round you gain +6 Perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC and saves, plus your attack rolls automatically hit on a natural 14+ and attack rolls against you automatically fail on a 6 or less.

5 Energy
    Divine Launcher
    Gun Maniac (Strike) [Launcher]
    Level: Real Pilot 1
    Initiation Action: Fullround Action
    Range: As gun

Charges and fires off an indescribably powerful grenade.

Make one attack with an Heavy weapon. It gains the Power property for this attack. If it already had the Power property the shot deals an extra 1d12 damage and the crit threat range and multiplier both increase by 1. For each 5 PL you have the extra damage increases by another d12.

GN Sniper Attack (Crit 15-20/x4)
    (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage
    (9d10+7)[44]
    (2d10)[17]
    Disarming (targeting railgun)
    (1d20+14)[19]
    Power, Pinning, Volatile
    Will Save 14 or Shaken for one round.

If I drop one, I get to make another attack at half damage. Can occur twice per turn.

Total Energy Spent: 20
    Energy Recovered: 15
    Current Energy: 95/100

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

The railgun-armed Zaku is hit by Zeke's shot. For a moment, the mecha remains standing, damaged, but seemingly still functional. Then it starts collapsing. As it does so, it fires a final parting shot into the smoke cloud housing fluffy, but the shot goes wide and sails off harmlessly into the distance.

The cannon-armed Zaku rushes towards the convoy, firing its beam rifle at Yue as it closes in on the Ophanim. Sparrow 1 attempts to intercept the Zaku, but the hostile mech just barely manages to dodge the shot with a quick jump into the air using the mech's jump-jets. Sparrow 1 in turn manages to weave through the Zaku's return fire unharmed.

Cruiser 2 fires his heavy hook at the melee-oriented Zaku in an attempt to drag the assailant away from the Ophanim, but the Zaku easily bats the hook aside with his shield.

Show

The cannon armed Zaku has run towards the convoy and is now 10 MU away from the Ophanim (90 MU from Zeke, 50 MU from Adrian). It fires it's beam rifle at the ophanim, rolling a 25. The weapon has the power (half AC from armor, natural armor and shield), rending and disarming properties. If this hits, the Ophanim takes 11 slashing damage and needs to roll against an attempt to disarm that bigass guns Yue just used to erase a mech (DC31).

Yue and Adrian are up now.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2020-04-24 at 01:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll help you Yue!" Adrian screamed, bursting out the fog and flying right past the melee combatants only to break the flight and reverse, while the pilers for the sonic breaker started charging up, meanwhile the cannons rapidly shoot at the cannon zaku.
    "CHARGE!" with a roar, the Fluffy bursted forward- the intent to break through the two mechas in a line and take refuge in the fog once again.

Show

First off, Scan on the melee zaku.

Using my 100 mu flight speed to position 10 mu away from the melee zaku in a position that forms a straight line through the melee zaku with flanking, the cannon zaku and the fog. If not possible then prioritize lining up both zakus and flanking the melee. If not possible then just making sure I can flank when I charge with the sonic breaker.

Shooting the Light Kinetic Cannon at the zaku cannon, 32 to hit and 12 damage. It should be within 30 mu, so no cover applied due to blindsight. If not, then it's whatever cover the melee zaku gives.

Then Sonic Breaker! Since I can move 75 mu in a straight line I should be able to hit both zakus and hide again in the fog (should require 70 mu, I've got plenty to spare)

The sonic breaker on melee zaku hits with 23 and deals 25 damage, if not flanking then hits with 21 and deals 12 damage. Also, DC 19 Strenght check to not be pushed away 5 mu.
    If I defeat it I should be able to steal on the spot two weapons and an accessory- if I can steal only one thing then the accessory.

Sonic breaker on cannon zaku hits with 28 and deals 11 damage. Forgot the strenght check (1d20-1)[18]

Then I go back into the smoke.

At the end of the turn they receive 10 damage each from nanites.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

The Ophanim's shield raises just in time to deflect the Melee Zaku's beam saber, in a swift motion that slams at its wrist to turn the blade away; at the same time, it seems at first that Janus' Zaku takes a bead on her, she's able to use the momentum of their melee engagement to make the shots go just wide enough.

"Be watchful of the cannon-wielding one," Yue warns. "I know the guy piloting it - Janus Ober... a member of Ouroboros' End. He was a real piece of work."

Following up with Fluffy's manuever, the Ophanim withdraws a beam saber from its shield -- and its verniers lift and charge it towards the melee Zaku as she makes two quick strikes. "You're open!"

Show
    HP: 90/90 (regen 14)
    EN: 59/120 (regen 24)
    AC: 37 (with Focus)
    DR: 10 + 5/magic + 5 hardness

Remaining SP: 10/30 (SP Regen: 10)

Free: Focus (Spirit) (15 SP)
    For 1 round you gain +6 Perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC and saves, plus your attack rolls automatically hit on a natural 14+ and attack rolls against you automatically fail on a 6 or less.

Swift: Activate Careful Aim (Boost). When you initiate this maneuver, your attacks ignore the DR and Hardness of your targets until the beginning of your next turn.
    Standard: Activate Twin Assault (Strike). As a standard action, you may attack with two melee weapons or two ranged weapons, whitout any penalty on the attack rolls.
    Effects: Finesse

Attack 1: (1d20+20)[40] Damage: (2d8+7)[17] ignores DR/hardness
    Attack 2: (1d20+20)[40] Damage: (2d8+7)[15] ignores DR/hardness

Total EN used: 10+5+20 = 35

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Critical confirmation rolls (+2 to them) since I didn't see the OOC topic my bad!! (1d20+22)[32], (1d20+22)[33]
    Last edited by Merilan; 2020-04-24 at 03:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Adrian's charge catches both Hostile Zaku by surprise. Though the cannon-armed one manages to get a shot in in retaliation, the charge knocks both mechs back and off balance, giving Yue the opening she needed to deal decisively with the close-quarters mecha that had been attacking her.

However, whether due to an unfortunate placement of Yue's attacks, or pure malice on the part of the Zaku's pilot, the mech then erupts in a large explosion.

Show

Anyone within 30 MU of the melee mecha (that'd be the cannon-armed Zaku and the Ophanim, as well as any of the leading civilian vehicles that hadn't retreated yet) needs to pass a DC 15 reflex save, or take 19 points of damage.

The cannon armed Zaku is still functional, though badly damaged (and 95 MU away from Zeke). It is now Zeke's turn.

30. - Top - End - #180

As always, Adrian was being overly dramatic about the situation. He locks the sniper back on the mount while flipping out another rifle. With a deft pull of the trigger, he would fire at one of it's legs. If this didn't bring it down, he would fire at the other. "Be prepared to take him in alive, if possible."

Show

15 Energy to go back into (I need to select a weapon when entering stance. If I can't reenter without actually dropping or going into actual other stance let me know)
    Standing Snipe
    Gun Maniac (Stance) [Rifle], [Launcher]
    Level: Real Pilot 3
    Initiation Action: Swift action
    Range: Personal
    Duration: Stance

You cannot enter this stance if you moved since the start of your turn.

Choose one your ranged weapons. It gains a bonus equal to your PL on damage rolls and half that bonus on attack rolls. It also gains the Pinning property. If it already had the Pinning property, enemies damaged by the weapon must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+ Dex mod or become Shaken for 1 round.

When you move you automatically exit this stance.

Not leaving it to chance;
    Focus[Real Pilot](15): For 1 round you gain +6 Perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC and saves, plus your attack rolls automatically hit on a natural 14+ and attack rolls against you automatically fail on a 6 or less.

Rifle Attack #1 (15-20/x3)
    (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage
    (2d8+7)[17]
    Attack #2
    (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage
    (2d8+7)[9]
    Power, Pinning

Energy Spent: 35
    Total Energy: 75/100