New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Last Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdette090 View Post
    I also wonder how Zhor was privy to knowing that Snadhya'rune was insane when as the then heir to the empress that information would have been a well kept secret from most people? Bear in mind that Snadhya'rune is supposed to be very good at presenting a facade of benevolence to the public. Are we about to discover that Zhor is actually Snadhya'rune's father?
    Maybe? I remember a story about Zhor before he became a spider, although I'm not sure where it is on the site, or if it's canon. In it, I believe, he was spiderised after saving child Diva. He probably would have been treated honourably, as long as people remembered who/what he was. The old judicator seems to say that it is now unusual to be born from a guardian spider because the memory of who they are has disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think you might be overthinking it. Zhor could know about Snads and why Diva wouldn't let her rule because Diva told him. As Vinyadan said Zhor knew Diva back when she was a child and was her first Knight. There are few people she probably trusted more. Also considering how much Diva and Zhor resemble each other I have to wonder if they are related. (Cue Ariel freaking out about Diva making her call her "Aunt Blueberry" )
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #33

Snahdya has something of a Billie Eilish look in the last panel.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Mel'arnach has finally confronted Snadhya'rune for lying to her all these years and now the former is seeing red. While it would be good to see Snadhya get her comeuppance from the person she has gaslighted for so long, this is Drowtales and this last chapter is supposed to have a high body count. I don't hold out much hope for her survival sadly. Hopefully she will get in a few punches before Snadhya eventually ends her.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Chrys is in real trouble here. Um, what's all that red stuff on the floor that looks like blood? And isn't Chrys a bloodbender?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it looks like Chrys made her choice on living or dying.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well I guess this proves what we already knew about Snad'... she's a spoiled brat that was allowed to live into old age with her toxic mindset. The "if I can't have it, then noone should" is such a bratty villain mindset.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The thing is, if she hadn't been a brat (no evidence that Diva spoiler her) and been a responsible leader, Diva would have been glad to step down. Snad's lust for power is what kept her from getting it.

9. - Top - End - #39

Well, she is insane. Just from her behaviour, Lu observed that it was strange that Diva hadn't had her killed. Maybe we'll find out why.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Well, she is insane. Just from her behaviour, Lu observed that it was strange that Diva hadn't had her killed. Maybe we'll find out why.
    No, it's not strange at all. Diva loves her children.

11. - Top - End - #41

Looking at the current situation, I feel like Snad is forcing her mother into a counterplay, a sacrifice. To close the gate, someone's going to have to use big magic to sacrifice themselves, and since Snad had considered for a while that her mother COULD have escaped, this seems like a way to prevent Diva from stopping her outright.

Still really obnoxious to read the "I can't have it, so noone can!" kinda villain though. It's a purely selfish archetype that has so little nuance to it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well what looked like a suicide run to close the massive demon gate resulted in not deaths as of yet.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, the super gate closed
    Spoiler
    Show
    with Kiel and Naal on the other side of it. No telling where they will end up. Heck they could end up on the Drowtales Discord.

14. - Top - End - #44

It closed? This all looks very confused.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, notice that Kiel was saying the exit was gone. The exit was the way back to the Drowtales world I think.

Edit: From what Kern said in the Discord I guess the next page is going to be more confusing.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2021-04-08 at 01:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Kiel and Naal in the "sea" between worlds trying to decide if they want to go back or not.

17. - Top - End - #47

A very beautiful page, I think.

18. - Top - End - #48

Well, we finally get Snadhya's version; the one she believes in, instead of the stuff she tells to manipulate her minions. Besides the personal level, it kinda puts her acts within the wider framing of drow substituting elves we read about in the prologue. But I think it should have been presented sooner, because it would have given her character some more depth and more importance to her fight for the control of Chel.

19. - Top - End - #49

RedWizardGuy

The latest.

I assume two nidraa'chal are collapsing because they were made into "immortal" summons that have just lost their summoner.

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    The latest.

I assume two nidraa'chal are collapsing because they were made into "immortal" summons that have just lost their summoner.
    Well, that makes more sense than my "Snadhya is actually an immensely powerful empath, that's why she was crazy and now she's lashing out" theory.

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

That's one of the problems with Drowtales, it's missing lots of context. I often didn't understand about a quarter of what was going on until I read a bunch of the background materials and the author's comments.

22. - Top - End - #52

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

It would seem that Snad's original body is dead, but she managed to go full demon, and is one of the rare demons capable of manifesting physically.

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler
    Show

It would seem that Snad's original body is dead, but she managed to go full demon, and is one of the rare demons capable of manifesting physically.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's turned into her final form: a coronavirus!

24. - Top - End - #54

RedWizardGuy

The latest

Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm understanding it correctly, they killed Snadhya'rune's demon form by overloading the crystal she sealed herself in, breaking it into pieces and doing the same thing to her along with it, correct?

25. - Top - End - #55

The latest

Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm understanding it correctly, they killed Snadhya'rune's demon form by overloading the crystal she sealed herself in, breaking it into pieces and doing the same thing to her along with it, correct?
    Honestly, I have no idea. There was a Goku moment with people giving their energy, but that's all I got.

26. - Top - End - #56

By the way, isn't there a Sharen sister unaccounted for? What about Zalaess?

27. - Top - End - #57

RedWizardGuy

I'm not sure how canon these are, but they seem to have several side pages set after this chapter. Here is Zala'ess's

28. - Top - End - #58

I'm not sure how canon these are, but they seem to have several side pages set after this chapter. Here is Zala'ess's
    Wow, I really hope that's not canon... It makes a mishmash of the shard storyline (which it reopens for some reason) and Sabbror's ghost, which was a nice idea when it showed up because it could have been a real demon or Zala hallucinating while she slipped into dementia (remember that time she tried to make friends with Sillice?).

Also, I would have hoped for some reckoning with Sillice and Nishi for Zala, now that they all are tainted... And how would she have reacted to the return of Diva, stronger than ever? Maybe she would rather have sided with Snadhya again, maybe she would have yelded and accepted to become once again the weakest in the family.

By the way, Koil'dorath is really dead. http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12694 I hadn't noticed, but that's her body. Snadhya has turned her into a summon. http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12678

Spoiler
    Show
    Snadhya also has a new body ready to receive her, apparently. http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12684 Unless she meant Sharess's body.
    Had Snadhya been more prevident, she could have preserved Diva's body... then we would have had a body swap fight worthy of EGS and choke-full of double meanings (is Diva angry at her past self? Does Snadhya want to be Diva, or to self-destruct?).

29. - Top - End - #59

RedWizardGuy

The latest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess Snadhya'rune didn't have enough coherence to remember that she doesn't control the Orthobbae anymore and fell back on old habits.

30. - Top - End - #60

From the old maps, it appears that Snadhya moved a couple km to get from the dome to the school. No surprise she destroyed the city, if she was that large.