New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Easiest Final Boss Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    I mean, it has been a while since I played- and the Dawn of Souls remake for GBA, that had both I and II in it, at that -but I remember using that "trick" to basically finish that fight on the first turn*.
    Or at least close enough that I remember it as a pretty reliable strategy.

*Not because of some speed run nonsense, just because it was friggin hilarious to murder one of the Big Bad Fiends in one move.

Of course that didn't work nearly as well the second time around.
    Or would that be first time? The whole time-loop thing is kinda confusing.
    Dawn of Souls might make it easier - one of the bugs they did fix in it was that Intelligence now actually does things like scaling magic effects (original cart release it did.. nothing. Literally nothing) including making your status effects more likely to stick, so a Black Mage with good equipment casting the appropriate spell probably does have a pretty good chance of pulling it off.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    It was done even sillier before

Spoiler: The ending of Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
    Show
    After following in the footsteps of the Fellowship and fighting very similar battles to the movies, you get through the battle of Minas Tirith, then suddenly, you're on top of Barad-dur, fighting Sauron in his Big Red Eye form. No explanation how you got there, no real justification for how you're managing to fight a giant flaming eye, you beat the game, and it ends. Roll credits.

Tremble at his illogical glory!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJpiw-PoO80
    I completely agree. The Mouth of Sauron would have been a better final boss. Also, while its terribly Illogical and downright stupid, it's not actually all that easy as he hits like a truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

How about the final boss of Gradius for the NES? I recall it doesn't fight back, and just dies on its own if you don't do anything.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

I used to have fun in FFVII by beating Sephiroth by starting the fight, setting down the controller, and just watching. Don't think you get much easier than that.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

I played this game, Lunar on my ds. Im not sure which version it was, but it was when you are followed around by the cat dragon fellow. Anyways, last boss, i got STOMPED, first time I had any real issues beating the bosses. I get wiped, then my cat dragon creature rezzes me, I attack once more, get killed, get rezzed again, rinse and repeat till the bad guy dies. It was like I literally couldnt lose the final battle, no matter what. I always got to attack before being killed again. EDIT Sephiroth was a weeny. If you have kotr use it, his first form dies, then use it twice, his second form dies. Without it, just take the standard steps of barrier, regen, then proceed to murder him. Its a pretty boring boss fight.
    Last edited by Traab; 2020-05-01 at 05:52 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

While there a plenty of games without a final boss and the last enemy being a regular one, the final enemy in Demon's Souls actually has a boss life bar. It's still not meant to threaten you in any way.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

7. - Top - End - #67
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Jagar Tharn. Not only do you not need to fight him, but with Passwall, you don't even need the keys.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest: Super Dimentio in Super Paper Mario.

Super Bowser I think was a bit a challenge or at least felt epic to get through when I was kid, and I did not beat Shadow queen until I was older because she was just that hard, but Super Dimentio was easy, due to how big of a target he was and how you can just....keep jumping on him so much. not the best final boss in comparison to first two, even if Super Paper Mario was a good game otherwise.

Champion Hau in Pokemon UltraMoon. Professor Kukui in normal Moon was a tough opponent that fought me down to the last 'mon, which I nearly lost because I took the risk move of using Flare Blitz with my starter.....Hau? I just used Brave Bird with my shiny Swanna I caught like, at the end of my journey? to sweep half the fight, then swept the other half with some other pokemon. like really? your pushing HAU as a real rival? get outta here. he's nothing. at least Diantha wasn't annoying!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. For a game that is in general, a very nicely done Lord of the Rings game with an excellent "What If" storyline, this game literally managed to kill my desire to play any more of it, including any of its DLCs, simply by how it handled the last boss. Why?
    I was about to come in to add the final boss "fight" of Shadow of Mordor to the list, but you've already said all that needs to be known about it. It's such a lame conclusion I warn new players about it ahead of time.

I will say that the Sauron boss battle in the Celebrimbor DLC was so good it nearly made up for the first version... but then why didn't they use the amazing, climactic fight for the main game?
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm surprised Doom 3 isn't mentioned yet. De facto the easiest final boss because the only weapon that can hurt said boss is that powerful. All you need to do is to charge the soul cube twice, let it auto-aim the cyberdemon and you win. And you probably already had a charge going in.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I remember the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask being remarkably easy. Having reached the point where narratively I was allowed to fight him, I went in for a practice run to see how far off the mark I was in terms of hearts and optional equipment upgrades. I then beat him on the first try. It wasn't completely plain sailing, but based on previous Zelda bosses I had been expecting to get curbstomped.

I was so surprised that I went back and replayed the Ganondorf/Ganon boss fight from Ocarina of Time, which had kicked my arse so many times when I had played that. Maybe I had just got better at boss fights in the interim? But no, the OoT final boss fight was legitimately a lot harder, and my OoT character had the full equipment package and a lot more hearts than my MM one did.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I remember the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask being remarkably easy. Having reached the point where narratively I was allowed to fight him, I went in for a practice run to see how far off the mark I was in terms of hearts and optional equipment upgrades. I then beat him on the first try. It wasn't completely plain sailing, but based on previous Zelda bosses I had been expecting to get curbstomped.

I was so surprised that I went back and replayed the Ganondorf/Ganon boss fight from Ocarina of Time, which had kicked my arse so many times when I had played that. Maybe I had just got better at boss fights in the interim? But no, the OoT final boss fight was legitimately a lot harder, and my OoT character had the full equipment package and a lot more hearts than my MM one did.
    Did you have the Fierce Deity Mask? It's been years since I've played Majora but I remember it being moderately difficult without and a joke with.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Did you have the Fierce Deity Mask? It's been years since I've played Majora but I remember it being moderately difficult without and a joke with.
    Same. My recollection is that while the Majora fight felt a little easier than Ocarina of Time's Ganondorf fight, it wasn't necessarily a pushover. The Fierce Deity Mask definitely trivialized it if you had and used that, however.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

I seem to remember having a little more trouble with Majora than with Ganondorf, the worst part of the Ganondorf fight being climbing back up to him if you got knocked off the platforms. The Fierce Deity mask though makes it so you have to almost try to lose against Majora, though it was such a hassle to get the mask that I intentionally drew out the fight so I could use it more/
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

15. - Top - End - #75

Speaking of Zelda, the final boss in BotW is a joke. Easy riding on your horse, fire a bow with unlimited ammo.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've noticed in general RPGs tend to have easy final boss fights. That's just simply because of how power accumulation for the players character/party tends to work in these games if you put some extra time grinding to get more xp and gear before trudging through the MSQ.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Speaking of Zelda, the final boss in BotW is a joke. Easy riding on your horse, fire a bow with unlimited ammo.
    To be fair, that's the final form of the final boss. The other two forms are of normal difficulty. The last form is basically a cinematic that you play.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    To be fair, that's the final form of the final boss. The other two forms are of normal difficulty. The last form is basically a cinematic that you play.
    On the one hand, yeah, true, the form before him is a pretty good fight (never did him fully powered).

On the other hand, they could've added a lot more challenge to the final final fight. It's been a while, but I seem to recall Ocarina of Time having a similar(ish?) battle involving Ganondorf and horses, and was not a pushover.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, yeah, true, the form before him is a pretty good fight (never did him fully powered).

On the other hand, they could've added a lot more challenge to the final final fight. It's been a while, but I seem to recall Ocarina of Time having a similar(ish?) battle involving Ganondorf and horses, and was not a pushover.
    There is not a fight with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time where you're on horseback. Unless you're thinking of Phantom Ganon from the Forest Temple, but in that one he's on a horse, and you're not.

Perhaps you're thinking of Twilight Princess? The final phase of that game's Ganondorf fight has you on horseback, shooting Light Arrows at him. I recall that being easy, but honestly my main criticism of Twilight Princess as a whole is that everything was too easy.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-06-03 at 10:25 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I totally agree. It wouldn't have needed much, just a time limit. But adding in monsters dropping from Ganon and a time limit and it would've been an actual challenge.

You're thinking Twilight Princess. And while that part was easy (in my opinion the easiest stage of the fight) it at least wasn't a complete walk in the park.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    There is not a fight with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time where you're on horseback. Unless you're thinking of Phantom Ganon from the Forest Temple, but in that one he's on a horse, and you're not.

Perhaps you're thinking of Twilight Princess? The final phase of that game's Ganondorf fight has you on horseback, shooting Light Arrows at him. I recall that being easy, but honestly my main criticism of Twilight Princess as a whole is that everything was too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I totally agree. It wouldn't have needed much, just a time limit. But adding in monsters dropping from Ganon and a time limit and it would've been an actual challenge.

You're thinking Twilight Princess. And while that part was easy (in my opinion the easiest stage of the fight) it at least wasn't a complete walk in the park.
    Ahh yup you guys called it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

I honestly wouldn't count Mass Effect 3 at all since it lacks an actual final boss encounter. It really has more of a final boss holding position from what I remember, where your squad is being over-whelmed by some Banshees and miscellaneous Reaper forces and you just need to hold out. Or is there another battle with a Reaper destroyer that I'm forgetting about?

Either way, the game just flat out doesn't have a final boss, jokes about 'Marauder Shields' aside.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a new one. Not quite the easiest but pretty darn easy.

X-Com Chimera squad. In general it was a pretty easy game, but in true X-Com fashion you can get pretty powerful by the end game. And for the final boss, the 'boss' character didn't even get a chance to act before I blew him up.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show