New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker [Stolen Land] (IC)

Beltin shouted back "You will not have them!" he tightened his grip onto his sword with both hands and slashed at the thing, his sword crackling with the strange energy.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    SwA: move 2 essence into the sword, so if I crit or roll max damage on a damage dice, they need make a DC 17 Reflex check or take 2d6 damage and become entangled for 1 round.
    MA: Aid another to Aid another myself (1d20+10)[17] to attack. This triggers my Zeal, recovering any maneuvers I may have expended.
    SA: Power Attack (with Furious Focus) with the longsword, channeling the Planar Detonation (which I will take a burn for extra damage). +2 (enhancement) +2 (Zeal) +2 (Aid Another)= +6 to the attack. (1d20+16)[24]
    (1d8+13)[16] + (5d6+5)[24]
    And I use Warning Roar if it attack me or an ally.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-06-23 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

R7T24: Beltin shouted back "You will not have them!" he tightened his grip onto his sword with both hands and slashed at the thing, his sword crackling with the strange energy. But for all of his heroism, he learns two terrible things: this thing is unbelievably fast, and some sort of field surrounds it as that field knocks Beltin's blade aside, the planar detonation being released harmlessly.

R7T16: Lini begins casting a spell, this time with better focus.

R7T25: Beltin's words seem to bring it out of a rage and with a faint, barely visible smile it buzzes, "I shall have them, and you shall watch helplessly!" It just .... barely .... acrobatically moves five feet away from Beltin to attack Lini, a shock going to her head which Beltin totally takes to himself (keeping Lini from wasting her spell) as she takes no damage, and Beltin takes 4 PP + 1 electricity.

R7T24: Beltin, you take 2 BLEED. What do you do? Since she has her sickle out, if you step up you will be flanking the thing.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Beltin pulled back on his sword, taking a step forward to get into position for a massive downward slice. "אמרתי שלא יהיה לך אותם! התחל עכשיו!" he shouted in Celestial, preparing to strike again.
    Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    "I said you will not have them! Now, begone!"

Show
    First things first, use Warning Roar if it attacks me or an ally, with the Martyrdon ready to proc if needed.
    5 foot step to get into flanking range.
    MA: Aid Another myself (1d20+10)[14]
    SA: Attack with PA+FF, applying the Planar Detonation to the attack, burning an essence to do more damage.
    +2 (enhance) +2 (Zeal) +2 (flank) +2 (Aid Another)= +8 to attack.
    (1d20+18)[24]
    (1d8+13)[18] + (5d6+5)[31]

4. - Top - End - #334

R7T24: Beltin pulled back on his sword, taking a step forward to get into position for a massive downward slice. "אמרתי שלא יהיה לך אותם! התחל עכשיו!" he shouted in Celestial, preparing to strike again, but again his sword is thrown off by a powerful deflection field. It isn't helpful now, but it is possible that whatever arcane forces it has could be setting up a countering electromagnetic field against his lightning, but without proof, this is the best Beltin has.

R7T16: Lini finishes her spell. A little trickle of blood flow out of her nose, showing how tapped she is magically as she steps back and says something to a large beetle that appears. The beetle tries to snap at the thing but fails miserably.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T25:
    "I will tear your toys from you, little girl!" it says as it destroys the beetle in a single jolt of electricity that causes it to disappear. It turns invisible.

R8T24: Beltin, you take 2 bleed. What do you do? Lini moved back, so you are no longer flanking (assuming it is still right in front of you.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lini," Beltin said, trying to keep an eye for when the beast would return. "There are some potions in my bag. Get me one of the green ones" He did his best to cover her exit, but she wasn't doing much at the moment and that would be helpful.
    Show
    I ready the full defensive suite: Warning Roar and Martyrdom.
    MA: Aid Another Lini's AC (1d20+10)[29]; +4 AC to her if I succeed.
    SA: Ready a Planar Detonation for when it becomes visible. (1d20+9)[29] (including Zeal) (3d6)[14]
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-06-23 at 02:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

R8T24: "Lini," Beltin said, trying to keep an eye for when the beast would return. "There are some potions in my bag. Get me one of the green ones" He did his best to cover her exit, but she wasn't doing much at the moment and that would be helpful.

R8T16: Lini can reach the pack from where she is w/o provoking an AOO (if it is still there). She is successful, and even manages to go around the side .... still 10' from Beltin, but to his left. He need only take a 5' step and spend a MA to grab "one of the green ones."

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T25-24:
    Beltin doesn't even quite sense where it happened first. He hears the shock, senses trauma and immediately takes it into himself as he once again saves Sajan by spending 3 PP + 1 electricity. He has a pounding headache but doesn't even think about it and just turns and lets loose with pure power from Elysium to nail it solidly for 25! Beltin takes 2 bleed. He is slowly bleeding out and his head is pounding.

R9T16: Lini steps up and puts the potion right in Beltin's hand.

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T25:
    The disco ball from the abyss zaps at Sajan again and Beltin gives a great shout and it misses! The thing moves slightly erratically now before going invisible. Unfortunately, with Beltin being 10' from Sajan now, he can't quite slow down the thing like before.

R10T24: Beltin suffers another 2 bleed. What does he do? (SA to drink potion.)
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Belin drinks the potion, one of the five healing potions he had brought for just such an occasion. He's nowhere near back to full health, but that should at least mend his bleeding wound. He continues his defenses, waiting for an opportunity.
    Show
    SA: Drink the healing potion, heal (1d8+1)[6].
    MA: Aid Lini's AC (1d20+10)[24] +4 AC if successful.
    5 foot step over towards Sajan.
    Ready the Martyrdom.

8. - Top - End - #338

R10T24: Beltin drinks the potion, one of the five healing potions he had brought for just such an occasion. He's nowhere near back to full health (6 healing), but that at least staunched his bleeding wound. He continues his defenses, waiting for an opportunity.

R10T16: Lini carefully steps over to Beltin, and is not molested on her approach as she stands under the thews of her desperately flagging protector.

End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

R11T25:
    For two rounds in a row, the unbelievable happens ... Sajan is untouched. Beltin's moving sword (because he can't just stand there and magic-make the area difficult terrain against a flyer) just happens to bip the thing totally coincidentally as it was attacking Sajan and missed again! It turns invisible, and likely is exactly where it was before just above head height, and directly above Sajan, so adjacent-high to Beltin).

R1T24: Beltin, what do you do?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Beltin takes an educated guess as to where the thing was hiding under its veil and struck, hoping to end it before it could hurt anyone else.
    Show
    MA: Aid another myself to make an attack (1d20+10)[12].
    SA: Attack the square I'm reasonable sure he's in, using PA+FF and channeling the Planar Detonation
    +2 (enhance) +2 (Zeal) +2 (Aid Another)= +6 to attack. I don't think Lini is in flanking position, but add another +2 if she is. If I roll a 1 on the Aid Another check, take away a +2.
    (1d10+16)[20]. Miss chance: (1d100)[99] High is good for me.
    (1d8+13)[15] + (3d6)[8]
    Stand at the ready to use Warning Roar and/or Martyrdom.

10. - Top - End - #340

R11T24: Beltin takes an educated guess as to where the thing was hiding under its veil and struck, hoping to end it before it could hurt anyone else. It is far from being his best attack, and he knows the miss before he even gets to where the contact point would have been, not even feeling the "push" he felt from its powerful deflection field.

R11T16: Lini moves around to be across from him from where he just attacked. The attack was above Beltin, though, so even if that is where it is, Lini (and Beltin) still can't flank it. She attacks as well as she can with her sickle, but doesn't hit anything.

End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

R12T25: Sajan is struck again with electricity, which Beltin brings to himself, but now Beltin's head is pounding and he feels something tickling his nostril and upper lip, and he tastes a coppery tang as he takes 3 electricity. Beltin's psionic stores are depleted. The disco ball disappears, but Beltin is pretty sure it hasn't gone anywhere, trusting in his stance to affect the flyer as it has been.

R12T24: Beltin, now if you use martyrdom, you will take all the pain as you have not the strength of will to abate it. What do you do?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Beltin does his best to hide his heavy breathing. He was reaching his limits and its invisible nature was thwarting his attempts to stop it. He decided that his best bet to stop it is to wait for it to strike and to counterattack. He did his best to cover Sajan as he readied himself to strike.
    Show
    MA: AA Sajan (1d20+10)[20], If successful, Sajan gets +4 AC. Regardless, this triggers Zeal and recovers Warning Roar.
    AA: Take a point of E burn to use Planar Detonation. (1d20+9)[22] (including Zeal) vs touch. (5d6+5)[20]
    Get ready to use Martyrdom. I think this is the last time I can afford to do that.

12. - Top - End - #342

R12T24: Beltin does his best to hide his heavy breathing. He was reaching his limits and its invisible nature was thwarting his attempts to stop it. He decided that his best bet to stop it is to wait for it to strike and to counterattack. He did his best to cover Sajan as he readied himself to strike.

R12T16: Lini strikes high again, whiffing hard.

End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

R13T25-24:
    Sure enough ... *ZOT!!* as electricity arcs past Beltin's warding sword to strike Sajan again, which Beltin selflessly takes onto himself for 15 electricity before he then attacks it before the cowardly spirit could disappear. He goes to shoot at thing but zaps Beltin for 4 mod electricity, throwing his amped up planar detonation off course enough that its deflection field diverts the rest. Now, Beltin is emptied of essentia, with his sword no longer enhanced. And that bastard disappears yet again.

Beltin stands, giddy, barely feeling the sword in his hands .... disabled.

R13T16: Lini makes a beautiful strike that looks like it should have done something .... but hits nothing.

End Round 13, Begin Round 14...

R14T25:
    The thing appears again as Sajan as struck for a surprisingly meager 4 electricity. It wasn't a powerful blow, but before that was known, Beltin realized that he can do nothing if he is down, and poor Lini is practically defenseless. Yet Beltin can take it as a temporary good sign that while Sajan is imperiled anew, he is not dead as his mind is still part of the collective. This time, it does not disappear, but is above and between you and Lini ... gloating.

R14T24: Beltin, what do you do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Beltin stood there, barely keeping on his feet. The next move he made would drop him. In the back of his mind, he blamed himself that it had come this far. If only he'd waited until it was warmer. If only he'd have been taking watch this evening. If only he had brought everyone and just rotated the cold protection.

If only.

But that's not the situation he'd found himself in. Right now all that stood between this invisible enemy was him, and he was at his limits. As soon as he dropped, this thing was going to gleefully kill him and his compatriots, for no other reason than it could.

But he hadn't dropped yet.

He tepe'd Lini. "In my pack, there are two red potions. Step back and drink one. Then run. Run and don't look back."

He offered a prayer to Iomedae and Kelumarion, the figure from his dreams. If they were every going to offer their aid, now would be the time.

But one way or the other, he knew what he had to do; he'd cover for her as long as he could.

Show
    The red potion is a potion of Enlarge Person. I don't know if making her Medium will give her more landspeed, but it's all he's got at this juncture.
    Ready Warning Roar, but not Martyrdom . She's not been hit, so she can likely take a shot if needed.
    Just to save time, next round, if he's still alive, he will throw one last Planar Detonation at the monster to try and cover her exit. I'll trust you to do the rolls.

14. - Top - End - #344

R14T24: Beltin stood there, barely keeping on his feet. The next move he made would drop him. In the back of his mind, he blamed himself that it had come this far. If only he'd waited until it was warmer. If only he'd have been taking watch this evening. If only he had brought everyone and just rotated the cold protection.

If only...

But that's not the situation he'd found himself in. Right now all that stood between this invisible enemy was him, and he was at his limits. As soon as he dropped, this thing was going to gleefully kill him and his compatriots, for no other reason than it could.

But he hadn't dropped yet.

He tepe'd Lini. "In my pack, there are two red potions. Step back and drink one. Then run. Run and don't look back."

He offered a prayer to Iomedae and Kelumarion, the figure from his dreams. If they were every going to offer their aid, now would be the time.

But one way or the other, he knew what he had to do; he'd cover for her as long as he could.

R14T16: Lini withdrew, cut a semi-circle, and ended up behind Beltin at his pack.

End Round 14, Begin Round 15...

R15T25:
    The thing appears as it zaps Beltin, who happens to resist all of the electricity! But instead of going invisible, it looks down at Beltin, sensing his desperation. "I wih kih you, an chas her, even as I feed on him." Something is wrong with its speech, almost like a deaf person trying to speak.

R15T24: It's arrogance has it no longer invisible. What do you do?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

"Feed on this!" Beltin said, as he put every last ounce of effort into his final blast, his vision fading as he does so.

Show
    Final Blast! (1d20+7)[18] vs touch. (3d6)[15]

16. - Top - End - #346

R15T24: "Feed on this!" Beltin said, as he put every last ounce of effort into his final blast, but its counter (3 mod electricity) is enough to interrupt his heroic final effort and drop him.
    Show