New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 4 - Khan!!!!!!!

I got lucky enough to get back into Attar now that I have my diamonds. And I was kicked out before I could do what I needed to do. At least now I think I know what I have to do there. Third time's the charm! (Probably)

I also just finished trailing the affluent photographer, only to realize I'd done it before and I now have the same reward twice. Dammit, why'd the game let me do that?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I got lucky enough to get back into Attar now that I have my diamonds. And I was kicked out before I could do what I needed to do. At least now I think I know what I have to do there. Third time's the charm! (Probably)

I also just finished trailing the affluent photographer, only to realize I'd done it before and I now have the same reward twice. Dammit, why'd the game let me do that?
    The only thing I remember about the Affluent Photographer is that people on the FL forums often said they were open to all social interactions, except Affluent Photographer.

I finally went to the stormy place after having maxed out my Urchin connections. An interesting experience, if a bit drawn out.

Since I just remembered: At the cost of 2 actions, you can quadruple your cards available for drawing by going to places like the Bone Market or the Lab and then back to London. Might help some of the people who need to get into Arbor.

Btw. I still have not quite understood what Arbor is. It is a kingdom of the Presbyterate, but also exists in dreams? (But not in Parabola?)

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Sadly, going to other places and then coming back doesn't wipe out my Seeking the Name cards. I pretty permanently only have two open card slots, sometimes one.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Since I just remembered: At the cost of 2 actions, you can quadruple your cards available for drawing by going to places like the Bone Market or the Lab and then back to London. Might help some of the people who need to get into Arbor.
    Actually of the two, only the Market (aka Bone Zone) duplicates cards when going in and out. The lab fully resets your hand, even if you went in with 0 (the same works for any transition between places with finite and infinite draws - the Zee, Flash Lays etc; the Lab is the most convenient).

Btw. I still have not quite understood what Arbor is. It is a kingdom of the Presbyterate, but also exists in dreams? (But not in Parabola?)
    The Arbor we know exists fully in dreams, in Parabola. It probably was a real place on the Elder Continent once, but I don't think it was a part of the Presbyterate. Notably, the Roseate Queen hails from the Second City and is a sister of a certain significant Londoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

5. - Top - End - #125

I think I have found an incredibly lucrative money-making loop? Puts the Affair of the box to absolute shame?

Maybe I'm missing something, but at the bone market, I can use a human ribcage to assemble a skeleton, then break it down again immediately for 625 whispered hints and the ribcage back. That's six echoes for two actions?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

the affair of the box hasn't been the best money grind in i think a year.
    we now have the arbor grind (exchanging enough attar for favors in high places on a rare success is insanely lucrative and cant net you around 4.5 epa or some such), silken thread expedition (depends on if you're using dock favors or hard-back labor, but moves between 3-4 epa) and exchanging urchins for court favor in the court of the wakeful eye.

although i gotta say that is pretty good for ending around 3.12 epa! (depends on how long you do the carousal, and acknowledging the favors needed to get a human rib cage etc)

https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Money-Making

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

7. - Top - End - #127

Been over a week now since i last saw the Dreams of Roses. Annoying, since I've had the required items for longer than that.

But at least thanks to all the grinding, I'm now over 2% of the way towards buying Hesperidian Cider!

8. - Top - End - #128

So, for eight days now, I have done nothing except grind more opportunity cards by going in and out of my university lab. And I haven't seen Dreams of Roses once. Is there a secret requirement of some sort for that card? The wiki doesn'st list one.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

There isn't. The RNG just hates your guts (as it hates anyone and everyone). HD is kinda annoying like that, requiring opportunity cards for several steps...

10. - Top - End - #130

Am I missing something to start the railway? I'm Paramount Presence and I haven't been able to draw it yet.

11. - Top - End - #131

Drawn it, wants me to have stupidly high amounts of notability, so not doing it for now.

More days without drawing Dreams of Roses. I think I'm giving it to the end of the week, if I don't draw it then, I'm quitting FL again.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm close to quitting again myself, for the same reason. I thought grinding was bad, but at least you could calculate you'd be done at X days. This is just frustrating.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Drawn it, wants me to have stupidly high amounts of notability, so not doing it for now.

More days without drawing Dreams of Roses. I think I'm giving it to the end of the week, if I don't draw it then, I'm quitting FL again.
    I remember there being a post by one of the first Seekers that they had real trouble getting certain card, complaining on official forums about it (just complaining in general, not giving an official complain) and suddenly getting it.

Sometimes they have to calibrate the RNG in between.

ION: New content? WOOOOO! Going back to check on my character...

...oh, still beyond the Gate. All is Well.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

14. - Top - End - #134

And now I got the damn card back to back twice. On to the next step.

Edit: Hooray, it's grindding. Apparently, I need five bazaar permits just to speak to one of the participants in the game. There are six.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2020-07-01 at 10:15 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    And now I got the damn card back to back twice. On to the next step.

Edit: Hooray, it's grindding. Apparently, I need five bazaar permits just to speak to one of the participants in the game. There are six.
    Grinding for some parabola material myself. Oof, needing to raise a thousand plus echoes for the requisite materials.

16. - Top - End - #136

So who's everyone voting for this year? I'm thinking the Tentacled Entrepreneur personally so far.

17. - Top - End - #137

Gebrandt had me at "dinosaur skeletons as labour", really.

18. - Top - End - #138

I really cannot decide. Last year's choices were all a bit meh, and this time they have a Rubbery Man, a scientist and a kitty? Whyyyyyyy?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Seems like our dream kitty won.

Incidentally, she had my support as well.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, they updated the clothing system today, and boy, are people unhappy about not switching gear in storylets :D

Also, if you sided with the Albino Rat you can continue the Watchmaker's Daughter story via Devices and Desires (just... don't expect too much from it). Big Rat fans will gain the option tomorrow apparently.

Also also, some old access codes for a few items.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Well, they updated the clothing system today, and boy, are people unhappy about not switching gear in storylets :D

Also, if you sided with the Albino Rat you can continue the Watchmaker's Daughter story via Devices and Desires (just... don't expect too much from it). Big Rat fans will gain the option tomorrow apparently.

Also also, some old access codes for a few items.
    Belated thanks for the these codes btw. My hoard of items grows...