New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fallen London 4 - Khan!!!!!!!

And perhaps it was not a risk worth taking, except that the jar was taunting you, and you could not rest until you knew.

This thread is for discussing Fallen London - a place where death rarely is permanent (and for some it is the fastest way to deal with any bodily damage they might have experienced), rats and cats can be smarter than many people, and you never know whether looking in the mirror won't end up with you getting killed by a hired assassin. But all is well and all shall be well...

...even moreso now, when to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary the team is in the process of adding tons and tons of content. Among them are:
    • Finishing the Ambitions - Nemesis and Bag a Legend are playable to the very end, Light Fingers is currently almost complete and Heart's Desire will soon follow
    • exploring Parabola - the place behind the mirrors
    • opening your own lab, where you'll be able to research many things, including the way to Parabola
    • expanding on the dream qualities
    • building a railroad to the west of London
    • a system that will allow us to "meet a FINAL END and embark on a NEW BEGINNING"

Note the last three are yet to be implemented.

Previous threads:
    Fallen London
    Fallen London 2
    Fallen London 3

Playgrounders in the Neath - if anyone wants to appear here, please tell me - I won't copy any of the old lists, since they're too outdated
    • DemonicAngel - Anagram
    • Divayth Fyr - Szadovar (Midnighter, Paramount Presence),Istredd (Monster Hunter)
    • Iruka - GluestickGenius
    • SKarious - Malvolus
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2020-05-05 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 4 - Khan!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    And perhaps it was not a risk worth taking, except that the jar was taunting you, and you could not rest until you knew.

This thread is for discussing Fallen London - a place where death rarely is permanent (and for some it is the fastest way to deal with any bodily damage they might have experienced), rats and cats can be smarter than many people, and you never know whether looking in the mirror won't end up with you getting killed by a hired assassin. But all is well and all shall be well...

...even moreso now, when to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary the team is in the process of adding tons and tons of content. Among them are:
    • Finishing the Ambitions - Nemesis and Bag a Legend are playable to the very end, Light Fingers is currently almost complete and Heart's Desire will soon follow
    • exploring Parabola - the place behind the mirrors
    • opening your own lab, where you'll be able to research many things, including the way to Parabola
    • expanding on the dream qualities
    • building a railroad to the west of London
    • a system that will allow us to "meet a FINAL END and embark on a NEW BEGINNING"

Note the last three are yet to be implemented.

Previous threads:
    Fallen London
    Fallen London 2
    Fallen London 3

Playgrounders in the Neath - if anyone wants to appear here, please tell me - I won't copy any of the old lists, since they're too outdated
    • Divayth Fyr - Szadovar (Midnighter, Paramount Presence),Istredd (Monster Hunter)
    Thanks for reminding me, I have to catch up with a lot of stuff.

Especially that Ambition!

That new map though ... pretty but terrible UI

You can add me to the list: GluestickGenius

Hm, did the Pot of Violant Ink always give 'Artisan of the Red Science +1'?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

I haven't played in... probably years? Might give it another look if there's more work on the ambitions. Thing is, I probably don't even remember most of what happened earlier. I had done everything there was to do at the time, except a few extremely grindy things.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Any and all Paramount Presences may want to check Unfinished Business in Veilgarden - the system to obtain the title will change next month and anyone who currently holds it may gain an unique quality to show they earned it before that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I haven't played in... probably years? Might give it another look if there's more work on the ambitions. Thing is, I probably don't even remember most of what happened earlier. I had done everything there was to do at the time, except a few extremely grindy things.
    For Ambitions at least you'll get a small recap of the events that happened previously when starting the new content. Game is about as grindy as ever - sometimes possibly more so (like a certain step in Nemesis... well, technically two - one required an item that was available only via an opportunity card with ~2,5% chance to get it, the other an obnoxious amount of money)

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    That new map though ... pretty but terrible UI
    Have you tried the compatibility version (under Account Settings)? I find it more useable.

Hm, did the Pot of Violant Ink always give 'Artisan of the Red Science +1'?
    No, this is a part of the updates - they added seven (what a surpise) new qualities/stats (currently some go to 5 and some can have the level cap raised to 7), 6 of which were given to top tier profession items as a +1 bonus. .
    • Monstrous Anatomy - Monster Hunter
    • Glasswork - Glassman
    • Mithridacy - Crooked Cross
    • Player of Chess - Midnighter
    • Kataleptic Toxicology - Licentiate
    • Artisan of the Red Science - Correspondent
    • Shapeling Arts

Also, Parabola-Linen clothes and Parabolan Panthers/Kittens got +1 Glasswork

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Add me as well, 'Anagram'
    I'm currently jsut grinding my way towards the cider, currently at 130k. jsut 30k more (put everyhting else on hold 'till i reach that)

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, Cider... I could never get myself to properly start grinding money (and skipped weeks of playtime altogether due to getting a bit burned out) to be able to realistically get it. Got to something around 65K when the ambitions update hit. Between that and the lab, I dropped by about 20k...

7. - Top - End - #7

That's exactly it, i saw how much the lab things are gonna cost, and decided i'm already this close. I just recently reached paramount presence which is great because they're changing it soon.

I even put aside ESs for this. just a tad bit more.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

You did pick up the new bragging rights quality they introduced for PP, right?

Speaking of that, a peek behind the scenes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

I did indeed, thought it was a lovely touch.
    also that peek behind the scenes is great, especially when you consider the quality description might as well have been "back in my days we had to walk to paramount presence in the snow, uphill, both ways"

10. - Top - End - #10

Have you tried the compatibility version (under Account Settings)? I find it more useable.
    Yeah, switched as soon as I read about it on the forums. Not as terrible but still feels like a downgrade in usability.

No, this is a part of the updates - they added seven (what a surpise) new qualities/stats (currently some go to 5 and some can have the level cap raised to 7), 6 of which were given to top tier profession items as a +1 bonus. .
    • Monstrous Anatomy - Monster Hunter
    • Glasswork - Glassman
    • Mithridacy - Crooked Cross
    • Player of Chess - Midnighter
    • Kataleptic Toxicology - Licentiate
    • Artisan of the Red Science - Correspondent
    • Shapeling Arts

Also, Parabola-Linen clothes and Parabolan Panthers/Kittens got +1 Glasswork
    Wow I have missed a lot.

I quickly finished up my last ES (King of Cats, it was nice) and got back into my hunt for the Vake. Upgrading the lab and doing research is quite exciting, though seeing how much of a boon being a Correspondend is, I am starting to dread the expenses of the base-camp and the other additions that will follow.
    Also I have free-roving teeth now.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The teeth are hilarious, their use, even more so.

The upgrade system for both Lab and Camp is nice in that some old election/fate items gain uses that can save you a pretty penny.

Also
    11 May Delicious Friends
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2020-04-24 at 08:31 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Got to the content boundary of Hearts Desire on the day it was released. Awesome writing so far.
    also, whitsun looks interesting to say the least. it's funny that it's on the same day as de gusitbus

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

My HD alt is currently waiting to get Arbor. Though I'll probably get blocked by requirements somewhere along the way, since my alts all are rather underdeveloped (even if all are PoSI). Nemesis is the main, done it with no issues (even the 16K for knives was basically "o.O they want what?! Oh well, time to spend some of my echoes..."). BaL I encountered an issue due to getting only one 5-card lodgings on every char, and I happened to get the wrong one on him to fit the requirements, meaning I had to grind an Impossible Theorem - managed only due to throwing all Rats of Glory I had on my accounts at him... My LF char is the poorest, so I'm still somewhere in what was the first update for it.

And I think I wouldn't mind De Gustibus not returning. My Crimson Books will become less valuable as a bragging rights thing ;)

14. - Top - End - #14

Out of all the bragging rights thing, i'm not sure the crimson book is really that spectacular. Unlike the Cider or many others, it just means you had the right item at the right time (much like the river in a box etc). though maybe they'll have another achievement for old book bearers ;)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it certainly isn't that grand. Still nice to have an item that eluded people who got themselves the Cider or the Heptagoat.

16. - Top - End - #16

The new content is so much fun. After opening the way to Parabola, I decided to take care of my Lab for a bit. Equipment is fully upgraded, now I am working on my Teaching Reputation. I was about to end my EF, since I wanted to reduce my expenses and I was barely playing anymore. But with these changes, I guess Netflix is on the chopping block instead.

I wish I had looked up some Ambition info before making decisions, missed some stuff in the workshop because I thought I could pick only one option and maybe come back.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2020-04-30 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typos

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I got an email that Heart's Desire has been updated. Logged in for the first time in years. I think I was Seeking the Name when last I played because I had nothing else to do, but I can barely remember anything. I'd probably want to see how Heart's Desire ends, at least, but t's gonna be tough to get back in like that.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

18. - Top - End - #18

The ambitions are very very costly.
    I think i'm already atleast 3-4 thousand echos down, not including everything that was stolen from me by the topsy king (which is around 65k).
    I really do hope I have enough resources for this. (Never thought i'd see the day my very late game character still has a need to grind stuff outside of echos)

19. - Top - End - #19

I honestly have no idea what Heart's Desire was even about. I hvae a dozen different quest lines at the back of my mind that could have been my Ambition, but I'm not even sure which one it was.

One of these days, I'm logging back in.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

HD is probably the Ambition where you need the least info to follow the update: you want to play a card game, where the victory gives you a wish ;)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

HD is probably the Ambition where you need the least info to follow the update: you want to play a card game, where the victory gives you a wish ;)
    I remember you have to round up the players for an early game, but I don't remember why or who the players are.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #22

Okay, so it was the cardgame one. I thought it might have been that.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I remember you have to round up the players for an early game, but I don't remember why or who the players are.
    The non-pc players are
    • A monkey - which you learn more about in the second part of the Ambition's finale
    • Bishop of Saint Fiacre
    • Virginia - a deviless and current Lord-Mayor
    • Topsy King
    • Manager of the Royal Beth
    • Mr Pages.

As for why, well, the winner gets to get his heart's desire. As shown in the finale, this can go quite far
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like October of the Calendar Council using her win to imprison Mr Mirrors in Parabola and strip him of most of his power.

24. - Top - End - #24

DwarfClericGuy

Just as I was about to get out, they pull me back in...

I'm enjoying the new content very much so far.
    Finishing my Vake-hunt was exciting and played perfectly to my charcter's tics and quirks. (I am a bit regretful about not finishing it off entirely, but I'm assured it got a fate worse than death.)
    Currently toiling in my upgraded lab with a bunch of students, a very dangerous and explosive-happy tomb-colonist and a grubby urchin who's only there to clean up the mess and get reflected in mirrors.
    Parabola is an exciting place and I hope there will be more to do there. Maybe more hunts.

Wondering: I have a small amount of Fate. Enough for a small story. Is Finishing Jenny's School worth it? (Good rewards and/or lore).
    Played and enjoyed so far: Animal breeding, Velocipede Squad
    Not enjoyed so much: Flute Street, The Gift

You can write to me by name of Malvolus
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been so dang long, I'm wondering if it's viable to start a new character or if the early game is still a real slog...

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post

Finishing my Vake-hunt was exciting and played perfectly to my charcter's tics and quirks. (I am a bit regretful about not finishing it off entirely, but I'm assured it got a fate worse than death.)
    Currently toiling in my upgraded lab with a bunch of students, a very dangerous and explosive-happy tomb-colonist and a grubby urchin who's only there to clean up the mess and get reflected in mirrors.
    Parabola is an exciting place and I hope there will be more to do there. Maybe more hunts.

Wondering: I have a small amount of Fate. Enough for a small story. Is Finishing Jenny's School worth it? (Good rewards and/or lore).
    Played and enjoyed so far: Animal breeding, Velocipede Squad
    Not enjoyed so much: Flute Street, The Gift

You can write to me by name of Malvolus
    Jenny's school is wonderful, i enjoyed it very much. it's both a good source of favors and a relatively fast carousal.
    may i suggest the brass grail? its wonderful lore wise.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post

Which one did you spare? I am still undecided if I should keep one and which. They all offer pretty cool rewards but that intervention by Mr Wines(?) rather achieved the opposite. Maybe this little rabbit is the Reckoning?

I spent a lot of time upgrading my lab and playing chess in the meantime. Took me some tries until I had figuredd out how to reach a stalemate.

But now: Whitsun! Any kind of reckoning will be postponed a little longer.

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

28. - Top - End - #28

Whitsun is pretty bizarre. i already bought 5 coins (gifted an egg to a friend, and bought the experimental item). i've had many diversions and all of the new game content is terribly expensive, item and echo wise. I need to decide if I'm gonna continue the grind (so very very close now) or try other stuff (finished my ambition and playing around whitsun, but the cider awaits). barely touched the lab and parabola content, but i think that'll be there for a while.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Note that with 3 coins you can get a permanent lab contract for the Numismatix, meaning you can hire her without paying the coins each time.

Of course right now there is little reason to hire her at all...

30. - Top - End - #30

Yeah i kinda missed that, only realized it after i sent a friend an egg. I'll think if i should get some more coins for that, on the other hand i've got about a thousand first city coins so...