New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 4 - Khan!!!!!!!

You could use the Implausible Penance card with 7 favors and beat the minister in order to have it. i think it might be better then relying on the RNG that much.
    https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki...usible_Penance

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Know that one, but haven't drawn it lately.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

I am also slowly getting bored again. And I'm still gathering memories of light for my parabolan base camp.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

First to prison. Then to the tomb colonies. And then back to prison again.

All for a special bat.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Welp. I'm already utterly bored with the game again. Spent three days now grinding expeditiosn to get diamonds, selling pretty much everything expendable I own to finance them. No diamonds. Hence no Ambition.
    There is also a Heist in the Flit that pays Ostentatious Diamonds, but I think you need 5 Criminal Favours every time.
    Robbing the Envoy of Arbor is also new I guess. If you take the files on the laws of Arbor in the end you get a Magnificient Diamond. I do not how efficient this is actionwise, but it might brake up the monotony of the grind ...

I wish they had added the Ambitions in smaller, less costly bites. This way they would not feel as overwhelming and the experience would be closer to that of new players, when the Ambition is that big background goal you chip away at while also doing other stuff.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2020-05-26 at 04:54 PM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

6. - Top - End - #96

I need 3 magnificient diamonds for the next step, is the problem. And a primeval hint, but I can just buy and trade that one up, if I have to. Ostentatious diamonds would be easy.

7. - Top - End - #97

I need 3 magnificient diamonds for the next step, is the problem. And a primeval hint, but I can just buy and trade that one up, if I have to. Ostentatious diamonds would be easy.
    The Envoy-heist should get you those in a day or two.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I wish they had added the Ambitions in smaller, less costly bites. This way they would not feel as overwhelming and the experience would be closer to that of new players, when the Ambition is that big background goal you chip away at while also doing other stuff.
    I'm not sure this would be a good choice. The last Ambition update was what, 5 years ago (give or take)? Making people wait even longer probably wouldn't be too welcome by most. And in fact they spread this update more than the previous ones were - over 3 weeks instead of 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

9. - Top - End - #99

The Envoy-heist should get you those in a day or two.
    I know, but I need higher favours: criminals first, and I haven't drawn any criminals cards in while, either. You see why I rage against the RNG right now, so I'm continuing to do expeditions first.

Actually found one of those damn masks now, and bought the Primeval hint. Now I just have to hang around cycling my card deck until Dreams of Roses shows up again.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

I know, but I need higher favours: criminals first, and I haven't drawn any criminals cards in while, either. You see why I rage against the RNG right now, so I'm continuing to do expeditions first.

Actually found one of those damn masks now, and bought the Primeval hint. Now I just have to hang around cycling my card deck until Dreams of Roses shows up again.
    The carnival has a way to get criminal favours reliably. Just do the sideshows. That said, it costs 2 actions instead of one.

11. - Top - End - #101

I'm locked out of that one due to renown, it seems. I checked that first.

Anyway, I'm past that now anyway. I just need to wait for the Dream card to show up to collect some more Attar and I should be good.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm locked out of that one due to renown, it seems. I checked that first.

Anyway, I'm past that now anyway. I just need to wait for the Dream card to show up to collect some more Attar and I should be good.
    Interesting. I got zero renown with criminals for some reason, but I know I haven't been building Connected: Criminals in the past when that was still a thing.

In any case, I might be closer to my goal of memories of light than I thought. As it turns out, I have an excessive stockpile of secrets and memories that I can side-convert into memories of light and it's actually really cool because I don't think anything requires 10k cryptic secrets.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

You needed a certain level of Connected to have it convert into Renown instead of just Favors. The exact values different from Connected to Connected, since some were far more grindable than others - and of course some people had them well into the hundreds...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

I have discovered a way to make the map 10x more usable: Messages - Gear icon - scroll to the bottom - Prefer compatibility version. Who thought it was a good idea to make it the way it normally is?

In other news, Heists gave me my 3 diamonds. I only have to get back into Atar, and hopefully figure out what I have to do there before I get kicked out again. In the meantime I'm grinding Memories of Light, I still need a lot of them.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I have discovered a way to make the map 10x more usable: Messages - Gear icon - scroll to the bottom - Prefer compatibility version. Who thought it was a good idea to make it the way it normally is?

In other news, Heists gave me my 3 diamonds. I only have to get back into Atar, and hopefully figure out what I have to do there before I get kicked out again. In the meantime I'm grinding Memories of Light, I still need a lot of them.
    I finally got my 1k memories of light, by upconverting a heck lot of secrets, then shuffling around the T3(?) conversion carousel until I got my memory of lights. Certainly far more interesting than doing the boring Foreign Office cycle.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    I'm not sure this would be a good choice. The last Ambition update was what, 5 years ago (give or take)? Making people wait even longer probably wouldn't be too welcome by most. And in fact they spread this update more than the previous ones were - over 3 weeks instead of 3 days.
    Ah yes, after that long a wait small updates would probably have been met with anger.

Ah, my bad, I communicated that badly. You do not need any Favours for the Envoy. Oh well, good luck with your Ambition, the End of Hearts Desire seems to be pretty cool at least.

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

17. - Top - End - #107

Ah yes, after that long a wait small updates would probably have been met with anger.

Ah, my bad, I communicated that badly. You do not need any Favours for the Envoy. Oh well, good luck with your Ambition, the End of Hearts Desire seems to be pretty cool at least.
    Pretty sure you do need favours? When I looked at that story, it says that beating up the envoy requires 7 favours: criminals.

Anyway, got the diamonds now. Now I've spent the last few days waiting for the roses to show up again.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty sure you do need favours? When I looked at that story, it says that beating up the envoy requires 7 favours: criminals.

Anyway, got the diamonds now. Now I've spent the last few days waiting for the roses to show up again.
    The Envoy Heist at the Flit requires no favors, and gives out a diamond if you take the correct documents at the end.

19. - Top - End - #109

Oh, that explains it. I was looking at the entirely wrong story. So, turns out there's another story involving an envoy, that also gives diamonds.

My apologies.

20. - Top - End - #110

Anyone know any good places to grind for money that are mainly persuasion-dependent? That's the only attribute I have not currently maxed out. Preferably with access to the opportunity deck, as I have a lot of actions left over while waiting for more Dreams of Roses to show up.

21. - Top - End - #111

Anyone know any good places to grind for money that are mainly persuasion-dependent? That's the only attribute I have not currently maxed out. Preferably with access to the opportunity deck, as I have a lot of actions left over while waiting for more Dreams of Roses to show up.
    Probably still creating works of art at the Court. The downside is that EPA is only slightly above 1 but you have access to the main card deck and you can burn Favours you get from card flipping for better progress. As a side effect, you can also work towards increasing Poet Laureat and Tribute to the Court of the Wakeful Eye. A list of possible rewards can be found in this wiki article.

Encouraging you students to work together in the Lab is also a Persuasive check, but I think not very efficient and you would have to leave the Lab frequently to check your cards.

In other news: The Bone Market has apparently been updated and you can assemble rather baffling skeletons. I will however not leave my Lab until I got that Impossible Theorem finished.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2020-06-03 at 11:33 AM. Reason: as always: typos

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Got my court access back, took a gander at a poem, got bored, and went back to my lab.

Also, my nemesis ambitions mentions a stormy place. Any idea where that might be? The other three places I can guess easily, but this one actually stumped me. I don't recall any particularly stormy places in London.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Got my court access back, took a gander at a poem, got bored, and went back to my lab.

Also, my nemesis ambitions mentions a stormy place. Any idea where that might be? The other three places I can guess easily, but this one actually stumped me. I don't recall any particularly stormy places in London.
    How about across the zee? I don't remember any specific island that might fit, but the zee itself got pretty stormy when I last sailed.

Of course, that was literally years ago.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

The stormy place in Nemesis is the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mind of a long dead god
    , which you can enter having Stormy-Eyed 19 and Thunder dreams 15. You'll need to nuke SE to leave the area. It kinda is a pain, since regrinding SE means nuking your Thunder dreams.

I planned to visit the place once and forget about it, but then the Renown update hit, prompting a second visit for the Urchin item, and then Nemesis placed a storylet there. It is skippable, but I didn't want to ;)

If you want to skip it (can't blame you if you did), an echo of the text.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2020-06-03 at 01:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Probably still creating works of art at the Court. The downside is that EPA is only slightly above 1 but you have access to the main card deck and you can burn Favours you get from card flipping for better progress. As a side effect, you can also work towards increasing Poet Laureat and Tribute to the Court of the Wakeful Eye. A list of possible rewards can be found in this wiki article.

Encouraging you students to work together in the Lab is also a Persuasive check, but I think not very efficient and you would have to leave the Lab frequently to check your cards.

In other news: The Bone Market has apparently been updated and you can assemble rather baffling skeletons. I will however not leave my Lab until I got that Impossible Theorem finished.
    I'm quite happy now that I made an Impossible Theorem before labs were a thing, because this seems even more grindy than it was before.

26. - Top - End - #116

I accidentally spoiled myself triyng to figure out how Attar works, and I saw the possible rewards for Heart's Desire.

They are all so good and I want them all. How can I possibly choose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Regent of London.
    Redeem the Empress' contract with the Bazaar, so that Fallen London gets an extension, instead of being overwritten by the Sixth City (likely Paris).
    Become a Master yourself.

The only one that doesn't tempt me is returning to the surface. I'm fine staying below, it's more interesting.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

There's also...

Spoiler: Spoiler!
    Show
    ...the Third Option, where you dismantle the game instead so that the Masters can't keep ruining lives with it. You get to keep the deck as a memento.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm quite happy now that I made an Impossible Theorem before labs were a thing, because this seems even more grindy than it was before.
    Actually, it kinda isn't. While you'll need to get the Parabola Research for it, you can spend Searing Enigmas via the "Direct Your Own Research" card to get 500 (or 525) research a pop. It will take some actions, but still costs only 24 Enigmas to complete the 12k requirement, instead of 49 for the old option.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    There's also...

Spoiler: Spoiler!
    Show
    ...the Third Option, where you dismantle the game instead so that the Masters can't keep ruining lives with it. You get to keep the deck as a memento.
    Nah, not gonna do that.

30. - Top - End - #120

It was not quite as bad as I expected, took me about a week. Maybe I'll even make a second one somewhere down the line so I have one available for use.

I accidentally spoiled myself triyng to figure out how Attar works, and I saw the possible rewards for Heart's Desire.

They are all so good and I want them all. How can I possibly choose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Regent of London.
    Redeem the Empress' contract with the Bazaar, so that Fallen London gets an extension, instead of being overwritten by the Sixth City (likely Paris).
    Become a Master yourself.

The only one that doesn't tempt me is returning to the surface. I'm fine staying below, it's more interesting.
    Those are indeed quite awesome. Those of BaL are neat, but none feels as special.
    Spoiler: BaL Rewards
    Show
    Maybe the one you get for killing all Vakes. But I am not sure I want to do that. Currently undecided between the Red Priests whispering into my ear and my very own riding bat.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2020-06-04 at 05:00 PM.

~Augustus von Fabelrath~