New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Harry Potter Werewolf

Voting with my top scum suspect to try and save the guy I claimed is my scumbuddy by lynching someone I've not even noticed so far?

Yeah, that's definitely not the kind of thing you'll ever catch me doing...

flat_footed

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    On the one hand, Valmark's logic on Snowblaze was so bad that I'd be a little surprised if a wolf would go there - it just seems so blatant.

On the other hand, I've seen scum do even dumber things than that, and Val's unwillingness to claim at this point could very easily come from a wolf who knows they're caught and doesn't want to waste a decent cover role.

Meh. Probably irrelevant at this stage anyway. With the number of votes on Val and the lack of any serious alternative, it doesn't seem likely to be turned around in the time remaining.

Personally, my prime suspect is still AV. Pulling that PM spam bit as scum is something I did - and saw done by others - plenty of times back in the days when private comms were a thing at Civfanatics, dangling hints of a claim to buy town cred while gathering info. But I'm not seeing much hope of garnering sufficient support for a serious wagon here today, even if I could be bothered to make the effort, which I can't.
    It's worth noting that since everyone seems to know AV messaged everyone, they also had a claim on their thing. One that could have routed out a wolf/been easily counter claimed by now if AV wasn't that roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Often called Baner.
    If that's true, we kind of need Valmark alive to protect our Seer Claimant.
    Which feels... pretty convenient.
    It might be convenient but they claimed this roll long before Snowblaze claimed. They claimed it privately to me. I know they have been consistently claiming it.

flatfooted

3. - Top - End - #183
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

AV knows who I am. They PM'd me with my exact character role (which I confirmed), so voting for me serves no purpose than to try and save the cop and seer claims. I'm town, and they wanted me to believe they were as well. If they really wanted to save Val and Snow, they'd steer away from someone they knew was town.

Not any more. AvatarVecna.

I suppose I'm dead and gone, so I'll reveal myself as one Ronald Weasley. AV alluded to being Molly Weasley.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    flat_footed, you've been a lot quieter publicly than privately.
    flat_footed works 12-14 hour days, starting at 4am.

Also, it probably has something to do with you sending me a QT and us replying back and forth. :P
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2020-04-21 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    AV knows who I am. They PM'd me with my exact character role (which I confirmed), so voting for me serves no purpose than to try and save the cop and seer claims. I'm town, and they wanted me to believe they were as well. If they really wanted to save Val and Snow, they'd steer away from someone they knew was town.

Not any more. AvatarVecna.

I suppose I'm dead and gone, so I'll reveal myself as one Ronald Weasley. AV alluded to being Molly Weasley.
    She jokingly half-denied being that person to me, but she also alluded she was that person. But pointed out that there's no good reason for that person to be at the school.
    Also, sounds like she called you Ron in her PM to you. She incorrectly called me Ginny.

I'm tempted to move my vote to AV, but I think your chances of survival are better if I keep it on Valmark. Although I guess you are more in a spot to do a last-minute desperation claim... but I think this almost-exact situation happened to you in another game and you turned out to be Town. So, yeah, I'm good with flat_footed living this Day and testing Valmark's claim. Not sure where the vote totals lay at the moment.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Add they contacted me with a role that wasn’t mine. If I had to guess, AV has two “Ron Weasley”s in their little network, and you taking the path of least resistance with their claim request isn’t a point in your favor in that regard.
    That being said I will be revising my vote soon and I don’t expect I’ll change to FF.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

@ flat_footed: Ummm, if you are referring to how the PM with the QT was titled, I think that was just random fishing on AV's part.

7. - Top - End - #187

No reason not to show my cards.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/SbtuYWW8qaZsK

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    @ flat_footed: Ummm, if you are referring to how the PM with the QT was titled, I think that was just random fishing on AV's part.
    Yeah, but they bullseyed my role, and I made a conscious choice to believe them.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2020-04-21 at 09:06 PM.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Updating Caoimhin's table.

JeenLeen 1 (Caerulea)
    flat_footed 5 (kgato503, gac3, Mrs McGinty, Valmark, AvatarVecna)
    AvatarVecna 2 (DukeGod, flat_footed)
    Valmark 6 (Captain Cap, Snowblaze, JeenLeen, Duck999, Lord Athos, CaoimhinTheCape)
    flyinglemur 1 (JoyWonderLove)
    Caerulea 1 (Xihirli)

Didn’t post: flyinglemur

I feel like I've missed something.

I don't suspsect Flat_footed, and AV... well, if AV were a wolf this would be a dumb move... one that AV might do though. Refuge in Audacity and all that.
    It's too late for me to be comfortable starting a new wagon, but I want to look at Caerulea. Wolves want an inactive D1, and the people who have been keeping quiet include her.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-04-21 at 09:30 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Since the QT has been showed, I think it's alright to mention that the "test" was/is to take FF at one more vote then me.

If they lied, they die.

If they were saying the truth, I die.

Just to point out that it's calculated- AV isn't trying to get FF killed, unless they lied

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeaah, anyone here is not a main character and AV got you right?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark, are you counting votes I'm not?

"Any votes against me count as -1."
    What's that mean? There's negative five votes on you or you subtract one from the total of the votes on you?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I just attempted to do a mini-vote-count, and I think Valmark is still in the lead. If I read it right (based on the latest vote-count that had Valmark with 8 votes) -- and I'm not saying I read it right -- two people dropped votes on Valmark and moved to flat_footed. But that leaves 6 votes. 5, if you assume Xihirli is going to change her vote, as she stated.
    And I think flat_footed is at 5 votes, too.

So if flat_footed moves to Valmark, that's 6 on Valmark and 5 on flat_footed.
    So part of me wants to encourage flat_footed to vote for Valmark, since I still find Valmark more wolfish. Unfortunately, with how the tie rules work, I don't think flat_footed will get in the lead for "most votes first", so we can't finagle things so that they are tied and flat_footed is set to be lynched, but is only saved due to their Ron power. It would be helpful to confirm their role if we could.

On that note, anyone more math-savvy and rule-savvy than me know a vote combo that would ensure we test the roles?
    Of course, it's risky in that a wolf could do a last-minute vote and screw it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Add-on/EDIT: I got ninja'd by a few posts. The vote-count I was referring to was one by Cao a page back, not Xihirli's. Some of my stuff might be outdated.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I just attempted to do a mini-vote-count, and I think Valmark is still in the lead. If I read it right (based on the latest vote-count that had Valmark with 8 votes) -- and I'm not saying I read it right -- two people dropped votes on Valmark and moved to flat_footed. But that leaves 6 votes. 5, if you assume Xihirli is going to change her vote, as she stated.
    And I think flat_footed is at 5 votes, too.

So if flat_footed moves to Valmark, that's 6 on Valmark and 5 on flat_footed.
    So part of me wants to encourage flat_footed to vote for Valmark, since I still find Valmark more wolfish. Unfortunately, with how the tie rules work, I don't think flat_footed will get in the lead for "most votes first", so we can't finagle things so that they are tied and flat_footed is set to be lynched, but is only saved due to their Ron power. It would be helpful to confirm their role if we could.

On that note, anyone more math-savvy and rule-savvy than me know a vote combo that would ensure we test the roles?
    Of course, it's risky in that a wolf could do a last-minute vote and screw it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Add-on/EDIT: I got ninja'd by a few posts. The vote-count I was referring to was one by Cao a page back, not Xihirli's. Some of my stuff might be outdated.
    That's fair. Valmark
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark would be the first to tie regardless if we do have them tie, so that wouldn't test anything. Frankly I think we're too late in the day for the kind of organization it would take to do that.

Plus, you know, FF could be lying about their role but not power.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

To really test flat_footed's claim, I think we'd need to boost him to 7 votes.
    Then he'd drop to 6 via power, and be tied with Valmark. Valmark reached 6 first, so he dies.

Or would flat_footed reaching 7 mean the tie leans towards him?
    Elenna, is it too late to get a ruling on this?

I could move my vote.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Since the QT has been showed, I think it's alright to mention that the "test" was/is to take FF at one more vote then me.

If they lied, they die.

If they were saying the truth, I die.

Just to point out that it's calculated- AV isn't trying to get FF killed, unless they lied
    This math does check out. If somebody moves from Val to FF then we can test his claim. If he is being honest then we still kill Val.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

And, again, ninja'd by relevant posts

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

But I do not want to kill either of them. Why are our choices the uncounterclaimed Baner and Flat_footed, exactly?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    This math does check out. If somebody moves from Val to FF then we can test his claim. If he is being honest then we still kill Val.
    I'm tempted to just move my vote, then, but I'm worried about ninjaing meaning I'd mess up the vote count.
    gac3, was your count including flat_footed's vote on Valmark?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

But I do not want to kill either of them. Why are our choices the uncounterclaimed Baner and Flat_footed, exactly?
    Too late to really switch a full wagon. Day ends in like half an hour. And honestly if both claims are true, flat Footed is less useful

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark, are you counting votes I'm not?

"Any votes against me count as -1."
    What's that mean? There's negative five votes on you or you subtract one from the total of the votes on you?
    I think it's missworded and it means that they count as having one less vote?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

They are the wagons with votes. I doubt we could get another person a high vote-count this close to Day's end.
    Also, inertia.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm tempted to just move my vote, then, but I'm worried about ninjaing meaning I'd mess up the vote count.
    gac3, was your count including flat_footed's vote on Valmark?
    It was not. It was based on Xihirls last vote count. We need two votes to move to test this

So maybe if Jeenleen and Xihiril both vote FF, we could test the claim and maybe protect the medic if it's a lie
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-04-21 at 09:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

To really test flat_footed's claim, I think we'd need to boost him to 7 votes.
    Then he'd drop to 6 via power, and be tied with Valmark. Valmark reached 6 first, so he dies.

Or would flat_footed reaching 7 mean the tie leans towards him?
    Elenna, is it too late to get a ruling on this?

I could move my vote.
    If flat_footed's role claim is true (no confirmation one way or the other on that, obviously), and if that happened, then Valmark would be lynched, yes.

Apparently the tie rules for this game are unusual? Something to discuss after the game ends probably.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It was not. It was based on Xihirls last vote count. We need two votes to move to test this
    Well, then, with great reluctance: flat_footed, but in hopes of lynching Valmark.

flat_footed, willing to try to save yourself by trying to kill yourself?
    If you do so soon, anyone who votes for you AFTER that ruins the test and is pretty obviously wolf.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Xihiril, if you switch to FF then we can test. If he's lying, hes a wolf. If not then your switch won't matter.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Too late to really switch a full wagon. Day ends in like half an hour. And honestly if both claims are true, flat Footed is less useful
    Xihiril, if you switch to FF then we can test. If he's lying, hes a wolf. If not then your switch won't matter.
    Flat_footed.
    But, you know, this test only proves FF isn't lying about their POWER, not their role.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Perhaps with more threat: if you don't help the test, looks pretty wolfish for you.
    Also, when do you ever not want to kill someone? Sounds fishy from you.

EDIT: ninja'd again, but in a yay-ful way this time.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-04-21 at 09:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Man, JeenLeen, ninjas just really don't like you today.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Flat_footed.
    But, you know, this test only proves FF isn't lying about their POWER, not their role.
    Eh. It's a dumb lie though if that's the case. The easiest to check
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-04-21 at 09:32 PM.