New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Madness at Gardmore Abbey (IC)

Lash - Half-Elf Dabbler

Making a small defensive gesture with his right hand, Lash slips in with a fencer's grace, thrusting with his rapier forwards, intent on sinking his blade into the beast's flesh. Instead, if blade only found bare air.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Minor: Aegis of Assault Displacer 2
    Move: Shift to P9
    Standard: Eldritch Strike [roll]1d20+[/roll]23 vs AC, (2d8)[5] damage, any Zeal get's a +2 to their next hit.
    Free: Assassin Strike if it hits (1d10)[10]
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2020-07-03 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Another of the bloodsucking pests zips out of the bell tower and into the building's deep shadow on the hillside, right past Seth. The paladin reflexively takes a swing as it buzzes by.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    OA vs dire stirge: (d20+12)[31] vs concealed AC, (d8+5)[12] damage on a hit.

The slash he inflicts is no mere flesh wound. Blood -- probably not all the creature's own -- splatters across the ground at the paladin's feet.

==> Seth, Geth, Zeal!
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-03 at 10:41 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Geth - Elf Monk

Moving on feet made of quicksilver, Geth blinks across the battlefield to focus on saving the Eladrin.

This is why I am here. Once he is safe, we can return to town Geth thinks to himself.

Taking care to avoid the Displacer Beast's tentacles, Geth artfully maneuvers to an advantageous position and strikes out, his ki focus glowing. Twice his hits ring true, with gouts of flame bursting forth.

"Seth and I can focus here, see if that creature can be chased off! You've killed its mate, perhaps it has lost the will to fight!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack hit and did 10 damage + 5 Flurry damage for 15 total on Dire Storage 3.

Geth is suggesting someone with high Intimidate try to get the Displacer Beast to skedaddle.

DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seth
    AC 26, Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 19 | HP: 59/59 | Surges: 11/12

Seth smiles, teeth bared, at the new foes before him. He cries, "I call out to the sky and tremble as Your brilliance binds mine enemies and tears their flesh asunder." Indeed, a tremble does pass through him, but not one of weakness; if anything, he stands stronger, taller, thrown in sharp relief against the shadowed land around him. His blue eyes fierce glow for a moment, before he lays into the middle of the three vile bloodsuckers with a telling blow, almost as though he can see where the flitting thing is going before it moves.

But he is not done dispensing justice. His initial downward swipe turns back upward, playing against the stirge's own downward momentum from cushioning the first blow. "Judgment swift and final bites as cold as steel."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sadly, I'm not referencing this because I played Final Fantasy Tactics, but because I play FFXIV, and TG Cid shows up as a boss in one of the raids, the Orbonne Monastery. It's a heck of a fight, both hard and fun, and terrifically thematic. Both Cid and Agrias make these references and they're just so Paladin-ly, I can't help myself. :P

Copying over the results from the other thread:
    I have 17 THP.
    Valorous Smite: 29 vs AC of Stirge 2, 16 damage, and all three stirges are marked by my Divine Sanction until my end of next turn.
    Winter's Edge: 18 vs AC of Stirge 1, 17 vs AC of Stirge 2, 26 vs AC of Stirge 3. Each target hit takes 8 Cold damage and is Immobilized until my end of next turn.

Valiant Strike: 31 vs AC of Stirge 2, 10 damage.

So, assuming both attacks hit, that's a total of 26 damage to Stirge 2, and all three are marked until my EONT. I somehow suspect they don't have 30 AC
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2020-07-07 at 07:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zeal
    AC 24, Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 21 | HP: 35/53

"You've killed its mate, perhaps it has lost the will to fight!"

Zeal slams the butt of her polearm into the stone at her feet, making a loud *clack* — the beast's tentacles whip wildly in her direction, but without sight to guide them are ineffectual. "Ya know, if you can understand us, friend Geth has a point. We even have you surrounded, by the by." Her distraction gives her allies the opening to move into better spots.

The glaive spins back into a fighting angle, and Zeal strikes at the beast as best she can, and this time is unsurprised when the blade meets air. "This blinkiness becomes tiring," she sighs.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Free Action: (earlier) Infernal Wrath: (1d6+5)[8] fire damage to DB2

Move action: Noble Presence: up to two allies in a burst 3 gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of Zeal's next turn, and may shift 2 as a free action. suggestion is Lash to Q11 and Gissel to O9 or P9.

Standard action: Cloud Mind: (1d20+16)[31] vs AC — miss due to displacement.
    Designer of Cortex Shuffle – Fantasy Playset complete, and available pending licensing
    Currently developing Mythikal Fantasy and coreTEK, both using Cortex Prime
    TwitterDiscord

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

The pantherine beast tries to flee but, even blinded and staggering, its natural defenses let it escape. Not unscathed -- very scathed, in fact -- but escape it does.

Spoiler: movement and OAs
    Show
    I'm going to assume that Gissel and Lash would both have taken up the opportunity to exploit flanking. CV's told me before that he's not concerned about OAs for Gissel. I'll move them appropriately after this post.

DB2 has enough hit points left that if Lash and Gissel both critted it would still have at least 1 remaining, so it escapes without needing to roll. And by "escapes", I mean "moves 24 minus a little for difficult terrain in a single round". It'll remain out of the battle.

The young eladrin tries to continues his panicked effort to remove the bloodsucker plaguing him. As drained as he already is, he lacks the strength, and so he collapses unconscious again. The stirge on him doesn't react overtly but keeps doing what seems to work. The other two, perhaps out of some sort of professional courtesy, choose a different target. They lack the mental wherewithal for decent tactics, opting for simple and straightforward attacks. One does penetrate the paladin's hard shell, though he's so suffused with Bahamut's power it hardly even feels like a tickle.

Spoiler: escape! and stirges
    Show
    Berrian's ongoing damage KOs him again at the start of his turn. No escape attempt for you! Muahahahahaaa.

Stirge1 deals a meaningless amount more damage to the unconcsious Berrian. 2 and 3 try to gang up on Seth simply due to placement, not because of divine sanction ... eh, works out the same either way.
    #2: (d20+12)[13] for (d6)[4] damage and grabbed and ongoing 10. The ongoing damage ends if, and only if, the grab does.
    #3: (d20+12)[27] for (d6)[6] damage and grabbed and ongoing 10.

The damage dealt was subtracted from temp hit points.

==>Lash, Alyanna, Gissel
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-08 at 10:37 PM.

Current games list

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyanna Rhoe - Human Warlock

Alyanna watches as the displacer beast rushes off into the underbrush at unbelievable speed. It almost seemed to be running through some of the trees instead of around them, but that was likely to the illusion effects. She shrugged and turned her attention to the remaining enemy. She approached the overgrown mosquitos in a quick stepped dance, her layers of cloaks flying around her in all directions. "You like to suck blood, eh? Well your friend there, he has tasty blood. Much better than the dried up husk you are drinking from now. You should try it. Mmm... Warm and fresh and plentiful," she cooed in a soft tone. As she spoke, she waved her hypnotic dance continued, pulling at the attention of the stirge on the fallen eladrin.

Within moments, the stirge had left the eladrin. The twinkling stars over Alyanna's head took the opportunity to send another burning ray of energy. The beam of light burned a small hole in one of its thin wings.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Close in on the stirges, reactivates concealment from shadow walk.
    Standard: Cast hypnotism on the stirge on the downed NPC, I believe that is #1. Attack vs Will - (1d20+15)[27] (includes CA for concealment, +2 for quick posting, and +2 for Improved Fate of the Void). Hit: the stirge will attack his fellow stirge #2 with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll. If you rule that he can't attack his buddy because he's already attached to someone else, I'll instead use the second option of the hypnotism power to slide him to square N13.
    Minor: Sustain Crown of Stars and use it to zap stirge 1. Attack vs Will - (1d20+14)[24] (attack roll would be 1 higher from prime shot if he did get slid instead of attacking his buddy). Hit does 4 radiant damage.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2020-07-08 at 11:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Gissel
    AC 22, Fort 19, Ref 16, Will 22|HP: 48/48

"AAH - aha-ah HA aha-HA!". Gissel continues her stead fast advance and the rhytm of her song. On each peak of her wordless hymn, a burst of light strikes out at one of the bloodsuckers.

Move, Hand of Radiance 1 - (1d20+11)[27], 2 - (1d20+11)[18], 3 - (1d20+11)[30](1d4+7)[9]

Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Active effects:

Healing surges (12 hp): 7/10

Encounter powers:
    Action Point
    Channel Divinity (Maledictor's Doom, Rebuke Undead)
    Whispers of Defeat

Thunder of Judgment
    Bloodied Determination
    Dwarven Resilience
    Forced Advantage
    Demand Justice
    Amulet of Life

Daily Powers:
    Silent Malediction
    Malediction of Blindness
    Onatar's Forge
    Semper ludens.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Lash - Half-Elf Dabbler

Striking out as best he could, Lash failed to fell the fleeing feline. Refocusing, Lash pivoted, drawing on his anger at failing to land a single blow, and his fear that he might be in over his head, drawing his self-loathing and darker thoughts, his fear and his rage, letting the emotions welling up inside him mix with his magic, and blasting it out through his right hand, a wave of psychic energy flowing like a heavy tide towards the blood sucking creatures.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move: O12
    Minor: Curse Dire Stirge 1
    Standard: Echoing Dirge: Dire Stirge 1 (1d20+10)[25] vs Will, (1d8+6)[11], Curse (2d8)[14], Push to L18.
    Dire Stirge 3 (1d20+10)[26] vs Will, (1d8+6)[10], Push to M16.
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2020-07-09 at 07:21 PM.
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

The warlocks' combined assault crushes the feeble minds of the bloodsuckers, one of which briefly bites its sibling before dropping out of the air dead. After that it takes the heroes only seconds to clear the air of the pests, putting one to the sword and sending the third into the underbrush with a bolt of power, probably there to bleed out.

The scene is a little gruesome with widely spattered blood, including some with the distinctive iridescent orange sheen of eladrin origin. Enough remains inside the victim, however, that the party is able to quickly revive him again -- listless, wasted, tired, but pleased to be alive.

Sir Oakley crests the rise about the same time and waves to let the party know he won't need immediate help. The group all sit down to recuperate, with some caring attention from Zeal helping the eladrin get his wind back quickly. "Thank you again," he says. "I thought I was certain to die when I saw those two beasts. My name's Berrian, Berrian Velfarren; I'm here in this fort-town with my sister Analastra ..."

"Yes, it is wonderful to find you. I was sent this way by some elves in the Harkenwold, who were worried you had not returned." Geth nods with deference. "My name is Gethandoral, but you may call me Geth."

"The Harkenwold? I'm not fami-- oh, wait, southeast of here in the Vale? Ahh, good folk, they are. Good hosts. Geth, thank you ... and my ethereal thanks go out to those who sent you; that act saved me, no question."

"Of course! I myself had just returned to the region and was happy to help. Now please, where is your sister, your father?"

"Analastra will be delighted to have your company, Gethandoral. Once I've rested a bit I'll take you to see her. Ahh ..." Berrian seems reluctant to say something. "Neraka berdarah, I'll let her explain about our Papa. It's not great news."

Geth blushes slightly at the phrase. "I would be happy to meet with her as well. We are quite exhausted from the day's ordeals, however."

A short discussion ensues, with Berrian certain that the group can reach the eladrin camp without further trouble. It's south from the garden entrance, toward the Watchtower but not all the way to it. It should take less than forty minutes even with everyone being watchful and careful. That assumes some help for Oakley, however. He should stay off that ankle as much as possible, and neither uphill nor downhill sounds particularly viable right now. (Nor does staying here -- an occasional sound in the bell tower suggests that other dire stirges nest within.)
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-13 at 12:06 PM.

Current games list

11. - Top - End - #161

Seth
    AC 26, Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 19 | HP: 59/59 | Surges: 10/12

Seth moves to Sir Oakley and gives what assistance he can, but it quickly becomes obvious that unless someone carries the knight up and down the hill, he's not going to make the climb. Having no interest in wounding the man's pride with such things, he instead steps back, and performs a ritual gesture. With his right hand, he touches his forehead, his lips, and his heart; he then holds his right fist clenched in front of his chest, before uncurling his four fingers and showing an open palm. He barely whispers some words, which Oakley most likely recognizes as Draconic.

One moment, there is no change. The next, it is as though the air itself has opened, to somewhere else--a place where all that is not music is silence. And Sirius strides out, head high, and the reins come naturally into Seth's hands, as though having fallen serendipitous there. A blink would have missed it. "Come, Sirius. Brother Oakley has need of your services more than I in this hour." Turning back to man, he adds, "Come round this side, Sir. It has indeed been long--even by my reckoning--since I was squire to a knight, but I am in nowise sad to be so again."

Once Oakley is secure in Sirius' saddle, the dragonborn turns to the Eladrin. "Full glad am I, that you are--hmm, perhaps not hearty, but not ready to shuffle this coil yet. I need nothing further before we depart, but I would fain ensure my allies head that way as well."
    Last edited by ezekielraiden; 2020-07-14 at 06:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Geth - Elf Monk

"Thank you for lending the aid of your steed. I suggest we move on, before any other creatures decide to make a meal of us." Geth offers, gesturing to the party that they should follow.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zeal
    AC 24, Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 21 | HP: 35/53

As Sirius steps into this realm, there comes a noise from the back of Zeal's throat almost too high-pitched to hear. One glance reveals a sharp-toothed grin, just a touch too wide to be human, and eyes flashing every color of autumn and fire. The next glance and Zeal somehow has within her hands a carrot, an apple, and a couple of sugar cubes. She slides to a respectful distance from Sirius, Seth, and Oakley, and silently glances askance at each in a sort of rotation. She can't seem to find the words to request permission to treat the steed, nor can she keep from rocking back and forth on her hooves, nor can she keep her tail from whipping wildly.

The ethereal butterflies around her head remain serenely calm.
    Designer of Cortex Shuffle – Fantasy Playset complete, and available pending licensing
    Currently developing Mythikal Fantasy and coreTEK, both using Cortex Prime
    TwitterDiscord

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Gissel eyes the horse suspiciously. It's bigger than it needs to be, and while those teeth are not canines, they are still big and plentiful.
    Show
    Active effects:

Encounter powers:
    Action Point
    Whispers of Defeat
    Thunder of Judgment
    Bloodied Determination
    Dwarven Resilience
    Forced Advantage
    Demand Justice
    Amulet of Life

Daily Powers:
    Silent Malediction
    Malediction of Blindness
    Onatar's Forge
    Semper ludens.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

After the battle is over, Alyanna wanders around the battlefield ignoring the conversations going on around her. She gives a solid thump from her staff to any stirge bodies left after the combat. "Nobody likes an overgrown mosquito," she mutters.

As the others gather around the horse that appeared out of nowhere, Alyanna moves back to the cluster. "So, are we ready to move on? I like my blood inside my body, and would rather keep moving before something comes out to try to suck it out."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

With Oakley astride the mighty Sirius, the party descends the way they came, following Berrian's guidance. The young man is remarkably upbeat for someone who was recently snatched from Death's clutches, walking briskly and chatting with the party about innocuous things.

At the path's split near the garden wall, Berrian leads you south. The Watchtower looms high ahead and a little to the right when you can glimpse it between thickly leaved branches, and the impression or image you sense through its windows remains too clear to explain.

Berrian whistles an odd sequence as he moves through a slim opening in some tall, vine-draped shrubbery, and you hear the sound of blades being conspicuously put back in their sheaths. "Berrian! Where-- Oh, you're hurt!" you hear a voice say, heavy with recrimination. As you pass the entry, you see a small clearing with a bubbling fountain, several tense-faced eladrin warriors and an autumn-clothed nymph. The font's water gleams even in the indirect light of the clouding-up sky. Its foot is tiled with an intricate mosaic showing a platinum dragon and a silver stag chasing each other eternally, and that in turn is surrounded by the foundation of a crumbled wall.

Spoiler: Seth
    Show
    The sight of the fountain triggers a cascade of memories as soon as you pass the viney barrier. It was the center of a beautiful shrine to Ioun, a building apparently fallen well beyond disrepair, probably long since broken up and looted for its precious-metals coat. The site was known in your time as the Soul's Mirror or Heart's Mirror, being renowned for granting visions with a sip of its holy water. It occurs to you to wonder whether the water still has magical properties or if that was something granted by the building.

In your time, the clearing was much broader. It looks like some effort has been put in recently to tidy up, but not with proper tools -- daggers and swords are hardly pruning shears.

You faintly associate the shrine with eladrin, but can't recall why.

A tall but light eladrin woman has one hand on Berrian's shoulder, while the other holds the only naked blade in sight. The kinship between the two is plain to see although their attitude seems to differ sharply. She spends a moment staring hard at you, then looks back to her brother and tells him in an authoritative tone, "Get yourself in the nymphs' care." He bows his head and moves past her toward a now silently giggling nymph under a birch. The woman puts her sword away and says, "My name is Analastra, my house is Velfarren, and I welcome you to our very humble camp. Tell me, where did you find that damned fool? Let's share a meal and some wine while we chat." Well-trained, the warriors are already scrambling to provide what hospitality may be had.

Berrian, Analastra and the adventurers discuss the eladrins' situation while Sirius contributes to the vine-trimming project.

Current games list

17. - Top - End - #167

Seth
    AC 26, Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 19 | HP: 59/59 | Surges: 10/12

Seth stops in his tracks, caught in the rush of memory yet again. A part of him knows he cannot afford to let such moments affect him so--his duty requires that he stay vigilant. Another part cannot help feeling so. Fierce emotion crashing against steel discipline--normally the wellspring of drive, but here acting at cross purpose. For a moment, the shock of sense correcting memory is too much.

Meanwhile, Sirius comes from behind. He has, of course, been having rather a pleasant time. Not only is Oakley a somewhat lighter load than Seth, but the excitable mortal with the butterflies has a pocketful of those delightful little cubes of deliciousness. The road might be a little rough, but it is a nice change of pace from the Plane Above. But when Sirius catches up to his mortal, he pauses, nosing the paladin gently, a tacit beacon back to the present.

"Pardons, Sirius. Let us sally forth." His voice is slightly thick, but otherwise he shows no further emotion as he continues on. With luck, the party may benefit from his familiarity--when his equilibrium is restored. The Eladrin camp is a welcome sight, for howsoever humble, it is living proof that amidst the loss, life goes on. He whispers under his breath, quiet enough he may not know he speaks aloud, "Hope springs eternal within the mortal breast, and 'neath Bahamut's wings is ever to be bless'd."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Geth - Elf Monk

Clearing his throat and bowing deeply, Geth steps forward, "Your grace, we happened upon your brother as a pair of displacer beasts and some stirges in the area had attacked him. Through our combined efforts, we collectively avoided any death. He was grateful for the assistance and graciously allowed us to come here where we could rest before we move further into the grounds."

Geth says this carefully, not revealing that they almost encountered her brother's corpse instead.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Analastra offers a brief curtsey in response to Geth's bow. "Allow me, too, to thank you deeply for your timely assistance. Comparing his pallor and wounds against your good health, I suspect you probably carried my brother's weight entirely, though you're gracious not to state it. Displacers and stirges? Not the orcs he was hunting, then -- a fool's errand, as I told him." She sighs. "Ah, and you have the advantage over me as well. What are your names? Where do you hail from?"

Current games list

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Geth - Elf Monk

"Ahh my apologies, your grace. I am Gethandoral, a monk of the Desert Wind, originally of the Woodsinger Clan in the Harken Forest, some few days south of here. We collectively are here under the request of Lord Padraig of Winterhaven, and have been asked to scout the Abbey grounds for orcs and other things."

Geth gestures to the others, and says, "I shall let my colleagues introduce themselves, as we have only been acquainted a few days."
    Last edited by Meltheim; 2020-07-20 at 10:17 AM.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Analastra gives a wry smile at the second use of the phrase "your grace", but as soon as Geth says the word "Winterhaven", her face darkens like a torch thrust into a river.

Current games list

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

"You look like you just bit a lemon. It's been a long day already and my companions are tired, so let's just skip the dancing around and get your grievance out in the light of day, shall we?"
    Show
    Active effects:

Encounter powers:
    Action Point
    Whispers of Defeat
    Thunder of Judgment
    Bloodied Determination
    Dwarven Resilience
    Forced Advantage
    Demand Justice
    Amulet of Life

Daily Powers:
    Silent Malediction
    Malediction of Blindness
    Onatar's Forge
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyanna steps forward slightly. "Come now, no need to be so rough. She asked our names, and I see no reason not to be pleasant with each other. I am Alyanna Rhoe," Aly says, bobbing down into a slight curtsy. "The citrus-hating dwarf is Sister Gissel. If Winterhaven is a source of displeasure for you, I can assure you that most of us came from farther afield and just happened to meet up there before setting off for the Abbey. I've moved around a fair bit in the last few years, but the closest I've had to a home in that time has been in Fallcrest. What about you? Do you make your permanent home hereabouts, or is this a more temporary stay?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"Temporary -- though it's been far too long already." Analastra still looks sour, but now it's in a different way. "I'm not a creature for this world, Alyanna. I would prefer to be home in Mithrendain, where I have lovers and duels a-waiting and where the food is the finest in all the Planes. Please, accept my apology for curt behavior -- I am no courtier, just a woman of the blade. My frustration at remaining here so long is only one of the problems plaguing me, and perhaps it's best if I do take some time to explain why Winterhaven is among them. But first: your other companions ... ?"

Spoiler: EDIT: Alyanna knowledge check
    Show
    You're heard of Mithrendain, a sizable city in the Feywild, sometimes known as The Tiger's Eye. Your sources didn't mention anything special about its culinary arts, though.

Sir Oakley executes an awkward bow, protecting his uncertain balance. "Oakley, a knight of Bahamut. A pleasure, m'lady."
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-21 at 10:28 PM.

Current games list

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Lash - Half-Elf Dabbler

Finding himself nervous when the Fey host reacts negatively towards his cousin, he introduces himself. "You may call me Lash. Like yourself, I am just a man with a blade. But I would rather not draw it here."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Analastra inclines her head at Lash's words. Sir Oakley then continues, "The dragonman with the long gaze is Sir Seth, of the Dawn Scales, an honorable companion of the faith with myself and Sister Gissel. And the young one with the butterflies," he says, smiling with pleasure, "is called Zeal. You asked where we are from; Seth is, in a sense, from here in Gardmore Abbey, but the explanation is somewhat complicated and better saved until you've had the chance to speak your piece, my good bladeswoman."

With comfortable seats and small glasses of fey wine now available to all, Analastra sits and ponders a moment. "Yes, my piece ..." She sips from her glass and sets it down. As she speaks she uses her hands more than her face to show emotions and to emphasize. "My brother and I and our gracious cohort came to this world quite some time ago. We were searching for my father. He had left the family on an obscure quest, one that started elsewhere in the Feywild, and he gave little explanation before he went. I'll spare you the details of our tracking effort; in the end, we know that he came to this place, and he doesn't seem to have left. The nymphs claim to know more but won't tell us. We've organized forays into the tunnels below the hill --" She gestures to the peak. "And into the local Feywild. Little luck with either, and on one instance below we were lucky to escape with our lives!"

She pauses to think again, hands loosely cupped before her as if holding a weight. "We have uncovered the fact that our father's quest included proving a point about this garden grove, that it was founded by an eladrin several generations ago, a multiple-greats-grandmother of our family. And he was certain (I know not why) that evidence would exist. Winterhaven is frustrating because Lordling Ernest Padraig and his father have made no secret about claiming the entire territory. I have little faith that the Padraigs would recognize our father's assertion without that evidence. If our father has indeed perished here, the least we can do is meet the goals that drove him; it would likely bring his spirit peace. Without proof in hand, that sets us firmly against Winterhaven."

Spoiler: Seth's recollection
    Show
    The groundskeeper in your day was an eladrin, and not someone associated with the knights. His cottage might be one place to look for the evidence the Velfarrens seek, if it still stands. It was relatively close to the garden's north entrance.

"We have all that we can handle keeping ourselves healthy, scaring away orcs, and trying to wheedle information from flighty nymphs. We haven't the time to search further. And it's growing apparent that our messages home have failed to get through, so we expect no more aid. I'm sad to say that we may soon have to quit -- and what kind of daughter would that make me?" Analastra looks the very picture of unhappiness. She's too lost in that state to ask about Seth's unusual background.

Spoiler: Zeal
    Show
    There's little positive emotion here. Pride in fair abundance, but otherwise, everything you feel from Analastra is ashen with disappointment, frustration and sourness.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-27 at 03:25 AM.

Current games list

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Geth - Elf Monk

"Your grace, difficult times call for difficult situations. You do not stand in judgement from me, and likely not from the rest of my party."

Geth glances at the others and sighs heavily. "I know that personally, I am weary from the day's activities. And I know that we are due to report back to Lord Padraig, as we were originally sent here to assess the orcish forces.

Geth pauses for a moment, considering his words. "Would you allow us to share what we have learned with Lord Padraig, tend to our injured, regain some strength, and then return to assist you We may even be able to bring provisions or support, to relieve your burden somewhat."

Geth looks around at the forest they are in, and thinks about how far they have travelled today. "Also, I must ask, are you aware of an easier way to get to here, to you, without having to enter through the front gates?"

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Aly stares at the bladeswoman's feet, speaking to her, but not meeting her eyes. "You tell a sad tale. I wish you all the best in finding the evidence you seek. If we find evidence of what happened to your father, or evidence you can use to prove your claims, I see no reason to keep it from you. It wouldn't surprise me if we were sent back to explore further, so if we encounter such things in the future, I would be willing to share it."

She pauses for a moment, taking a sip from her drink as her eyes dart up to look the eladrin woman in the eye for just a moment, before she continues speaking to her feet. "In return, perhaps you have some information on something I seek. A man by the name of Vadim Cartwright is supposed to be living somewhere hereabouts. He may be trying to build up another cult here as he was in his previous residence. The man is a tumor that needs to be removed. Have you encountered him here in your searching?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltheim View Post
    Geth pauses for a moment, considering his words. "Would you allow us to share what we have learned with Lord Padraig, tend to our injured, regain some strength, and then return to assist you? We may even be able to bring provisions or support, to relieve your burden somewhat."

Geth looks around at the forest they are in, and thinks about how far they have travelled today. "Also, I must ask, are you aware of an easier way to get to here, to you, without having to enter through the front gates?"
    "Thank you, Gethandoral! Arkhim, sediakan senarai perkara yang paling kita perlukan." One of the eladrin warriors leaves the group as Analastra continues. "I'm afraid I know no better way in and out. Bypassing the ettin is easy enough--" Another member of the entourage interrupts her to say, "Much easier now, An. He's been slain. Ilkestra just reported in." Analastra looks at the soldier and replies with an intimidating lack of inflection, "Thank you, I'll speak with her later." The warrior quails. "But no, Gethandoral, we don't leave through this world at all these days, and I wouldn't recommend the Feywild unless you know exactly what you're doing."

Spoiler: Elvish
    Show
    Just "Arkhim, make a list of what we most need."

Spoiler: meltheim/Geth
    Show
    You might be looking for other options, but I want to point out that Alyanna reported her findings from scouting, including one location it should be easy to come over the wall unseen and unheard.

Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    "A man by the name of Vadim Cartwright is supposed to be living somewhere hereabouts. He may be trying to build up another cult here as he was in his previous residence. The man is a tumor that needs to be removed. Have you encountered him here in your searching?"
    Without considering whether to trade for the information, Analastra lifts her gaze in thought. Mapping out the shape of a person with her hands, she says, "A cultist? Perhaps. Is your quarry a middle-aged human, thin, balding, light of skin, a bit hunched?" When Alyanna confirms it, the eladrin tells her, "A man like that established himself in the catacombs without us observing his entry. Some nights, he leaves the underhill to trade with the orcs ... not their leader--" Analastra points back the way you came, then waves in the direction of the village as she continues, "but with some of the camps, usually while flanked by two or three men of frightening aspect."

Current games list

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Gissel perks up, and her hard scowl softens. "It is an easy thing to do, seeing someone as less than a person, as a cancer. Like most things that are easy, it's hardly ever the right thing to do."

She sighs. "Some people are beyond redemption, and just need a good, solid killing. Who is this Vadim Cartwright?".
    Show
    Active effects:

Encounter powers:
    Action Point
    Whispers of Defeat
    Thunder of Judgment
    Bloodied Determination
    Dwarven Resilience
    Forced Advantage
    Demand Justice
    Amulet of Life

Daily Powers:
    Silent Malediction
    Malediction of Blindness
    Onatar's Forge
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-07-29 at 02:28 PM.
    Semper ludens.