Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge VI: Companion Did Nothing Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Angel of Righteous Anger - 2WW
    Creature - Angel R
    R, reveal this card from your hand: Put a Rage counter on target creature you control. (Creatures with Rage attack and block each turn if able.)
    Flying, Vigilance
    Creatures you control with Rage get +2/+2 and have Vigilance.
    4/3

Challenge! Fruit!
    This seems like a solid card that will make some interesting decisions for you. +2/+2 is a big buff, and you can do something like hold up mana to put the rage counters on at the end of your opponent's turn, before casting this on your own turn. Seems good!

Erebos's Gift B
    Sorcery (C)
    Target opponent discards a card, then discards an additional card for each card named Erebos's Gift in your graveyard.

Meant to be a reference to Hades's pomegranates.

Challenge: Modal card (either a modal-double-faced, or a card that lets you choose an option)!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Erebos's Gift B
    Sorcery (C)
    Target opponent discards a card, then discards an additional card for each card named Erebos's Gift in your graveyard.
    Card advantage for {1} is powerful no matter how you slice it. Giving it an effect that makes each subsequent copy more powerful just makes it worse. I'd suggest either upping the cost or giving it a card-neutral effect instead (i.e. "Discard and draw" or "Retrieve X cards from the graveyard, then discard X cards").

Challenge: Modal card (either a modal-double-faced, or a card that lets you choose an option)!
    Cemetary
    Land (U)
    Cemetary enters the field tapped, and does not untap during your untap step.
    When a nonblack creature you control dies, untap Cemetary.
    >[T]: Add BB to your mana pool.
    >[T]: Create two 1/1 Black Zombie creature tokens with "When this creature would be tapped, destroy it instead".

Challenge! Another Black-flavored ramp!
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-19 at 12:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Not your best work. The two abilities are designed to never interact, leaving me with the impression that you should probably split it into two cards. Those cards would each have their own problems. The ramp speed gets out of hand too fast too easily in a non-black deck. The zombies have a needlessly complicated way of saying Defender. It's not even modal; you could theoretically have worded it as "T: Choose one -" and while not doing that was absolutely the correct decision for this card, it also means it doesn't really fit the challenge.

Spoiler: Not actually ramp
    Show
    Grave Yard
    Land
    Grave Yard enters the battlefield tapped unless you have two or more cards in your graveyard.
    T: Add C
    T: Add one mana of any color among cards in your graveyard.

Stink Up the Place - 1G
    Sorcery - C
    Search your library for a Swamp card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

Challenge! Something that gets much better if you know what's in your opponent's hand.
    Nexusites, Angred, Dorothy.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I think you mean for it to at least be a basic swamp or etb tapped, maybe both on a common. As is, you can search a shockland to fix mana and use it immediately which is not on for 2 mana. Just etb tapped would probably be okay but still good in a standard with all the triomes and dual snow lands.

Thought Police 2B
    Creature - Horror U
    Flying
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may name a nonland card. If you do, that player reveals their hand and discards all copies of that card.
    2/2

Challenge: a nonbasic land
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Thought Police 2B
    Creature - Horror U
    Flying
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may name a nonland card. If you do, that player reveals their hand and discards all copies of that card.
    2/2
    If you get this card out early, the game is basically yours. Not only do you get a powerful amount of control over your opponent's hand, you get surveillance on top of that, making you pretty capable of bricking your opponent's deck. God help them if you have more than one. It's also a little out of color pie, from my understanding, but that's minor in comparison.

That being said, I think it could be fixed. If it's a Legendary, the cumulative effects don't matter so much. A mana cost might help slow the damage down, too.

Challenge: a nonbasic land
    Alabaster Castle
    Land (R)
    During your Upkeep step, place a Tax Counter on Alabaster Castle.
    {T, Remove 3 Tax Counters from Alabaster Castle}: Add WW to your mana pool, then create an Artifact Treasure Token with "Sacrifice this Artifact: add {1} to your mana pool".

(So for its first two turns on the field, it does nothing, then gives a burst, then goes quiet for a couple turns, then gives a burst, and so on. Meant to be slower than a regular land, but pay off if you're willing to be patient.)

Challenge! Improve on the above card, or make good support for it.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

The effect is nice, but wouldn't this still make more sense as an artifact or enchantment? You could make it cost 3 or 4 mana and it would still be less disruptive than a missed land drop. From a flavor standpoint, I'm a bit lost on where the taxes are supposed to be coming from, exactly. Also, just so I don't lose my pedantry license, treasure tokens are supposed to add one mana of any color.

Alabaster Coffers - 3
    Artifact - R
    Whenever you gain life, put a Tax counter on Alabaster Coffers.
    T, remove 3 Tax counters from Alabaster Coffers: Add WWW.
    W, T: You gain 1 life.
    "If we want taxes to be a mechanic, we could raise the cost to 4 or 5 and put the counters on any target permanent you control."
    - Dr. Gunsforhands, Scrapcaster Artificer

Challenge! Some form of artistic expression!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a neat mana rock if a little weak. I think the gain ability could be fair while costing no mana to activate. Still, cool card I like the direction.

Mystic Recipe 2U
    Enchantment R
    When ~ enters the battlefield exile the top 3 cards of your library, you can play them as long as they remain exiled.
    As long as there are cards exiled with ~ you can't cast cards from your hand.

Make a card that puts a restriction on you.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-03-22 at 02:55 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

8. - Top - End - #368

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Mystic Recipe 2U
    Enchantment R
    When ~ enters the battlefield exile the top 3 cards of your library, you can play them as long as they remain exiled.
    As long as there are cards exiled with ~ you can't cast cards from your hand.

Make a card that puts a restriction on you.
    This is an interesting card. Three mana draw three is good, but I don't know if it's so good that it's worth the risk of locking yourself out of the game for a few turns, especially if you get unlucky and get three lands. Could pose some interesting deck-building, though.

Peasants' Strike 1WW
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever a player casts a spell with mana value five or greater, lands that player controls don't untap during their next untap step.

Challenge: Red/white hybrid card!

9. - Top - End - #369

Peasants' Strike 1WW
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever a player casts a spell with mana value five or greater, lands that player controls don't untap during their next untap step.
    Well, this obviously has its place in a cantrip deck. Probably exclusively in a cantrip deck, given how it works against both/all players. It seems reasonably well-balanced, since it only stalls the follow-ups to big plays. My biggest concern would be that it might cause some memory issues, but that can be resolved fairly easily.

Challenge: Red/white hybrid card!
    Sunseeker Knight 1RW
    Creature - Human Warrior (U)
    A knight with a sun-themed surcoat stands in a distinctive V-shaped pose.
    Sunseeker Knight attacks each turn if able.
    [T, Pay 2] Sunseeker Knight fights the highest-toughness creature you don't control. Tap that creature.
    2/6

Challenge! A good companion for this knight.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-25 at 08:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

I like this guy! I've never actually played Dark Souls, but the theme of an onion knight with a penchant for getting himself killed comes through clearly nonetheless.

Compelling Challenger - 2R
    He has a fantastic mohawk, a serrated sword, and a bullhorn for some reason.
    Creature - Human Warrior U
    Menace
    As long as Compelling Challenger is attacking, other attacking creatures you control can't be blocked unless Compelling Challenger is also blocked.
    3/2

Challenge! A tree-root-themed thing!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that this is an exciting card but worry that it might be too pushed. On many board states it reads other creatures you control can't be blocked. It is easy to remove and doesn't have ways to protect its self so I think it is okay but its still a powerful card. gj

Underground Informant 1GB
    Creature - Treefolk Rogue U
    When Underground Informant enters the battlefield look at the top card of your library, if it shares a card type of a card in your graveyard you may reveal it and put it into your hand.
    3/1

Make me a treefolk or a barbarian or a card with scrying or a card with the text die.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372

ElfMonkGuy

Underground Informant 1GB
    Creature - Treefolk Rogue U
    When Underground Informant enters the battlefield look at the top card of your library, if it shares a card type of a card in your graveyard you may reveal it and put it into your hand.
    3/1

Make me a treefolk or a barbarian or a card with scrying or a card with the text die.
    This seems on the weak side for an uncommon. The stats are poor, and the restriction on the ability seems a bit much for just a cantrip. Maybe remove the restriction and make it more like Surveil, where you have the opportunity to put the top card of your library into the graveyard. A treefolk rogue is conceptually great, though. "Hey, Jim, love the new tree you put in your garden." "Wait, I have a new tree?"

Deepwoods Ambusher 2GG
    Creature- Treefolk Rogue (C)
    Flash
    When Deepwoods Ambusher enters the battlefield, return a Forest you control to your hand.
    3/4

Challenge: Another unusual class/race combination!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-03-28 at 01:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

I love it! It fits right into the most recent Zendikar set, too. You could probably have gotten away with making it just a tad stronger? Returning lands like this can be turned to your favor sometimes, but it's still mostly bad for you, right? I can imagine things shaking out in limited such that this is as strong as it can get without breaking things, though, so I'm not taking off any points. On a technical level: you need to return the land to "its owner's," hand (in case you stole one) and you should probably just let it return any land and not specifically a forest (since you might have paid for this with just Pathways or something and surely it has to jump out of somewhere).

Contagious Transmuter - 3U
    Creature - Sheep Wizard R
    Whenever Contagious Transmuter blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, that creature becomes a copy of Contagious Transmuter.
    Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, that creature becomes a copy of Contagious Transmuter.
    1/1

Challenge! Something gaseous!

14. - Top - End - #374

Deepwoods Ambusher 2GG
    Creature- Treefolk Rogue (C)
    Flash
    When Deepwoods Ambusher enters the battlefield, return a Forest you control to your hand.
    3/4
    The anti-ramp effect seems more like flavor than like something that would have a significant impact on the gameplay; you already have four lands, two of which are forests, out in play before you can even consider bringing this out. And once the surprise is over, it's not a particularly impressive body we're looking at, at least not for four mana plus minor mana disadvantage. I think you could get away with making him a little bit cheaper.

Challenge: Another unusual class/race combination!
    Tricky Tavi R
    A small rodent in a swashbuckling cap stands on top of a perplexed-looking soldier, pointing a tiny rapier at his throat.
    Legendary Creature - Mouse Warrior (R)
    Double Strike, Menace
    1/2

Challenge! Another book character.

Edit: Whoops! Ninja'd by a few hours, somehow. Huh.

Contagious Transmuter - 3U
    Creature - Sheep Wizard R
    Whenever Contagious Transmuter blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, that creature becomes a copy of Contagious Transmuter.
    Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, that creature becomes a copy of Contagious Transmuter.
    1/1
    Cute, but it seems like it'd bring the whole game to a screeching halt. You don't want to summon anything while it's there, because it'd be wasted. Your opponent has to not attack or get stuck with the same effect. About the only thing they can do safely is block its attack, since that ends up annihilating both creatures. I could see this coming up in a silver-bordered card that's not meant to be taken seriously, but I don't envy the guy who gets lynched for bringing this to a tournament.

Challenge! Something gaseous!
    Dust Devil 0
    Creature - Elemental (R)
    Dust Devil enters the field with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    [T, remove a +1/+1 counter from Dust Devil]: Target player discards a card, then draws a card.
    0/0

Challenge! Um... still a book character, I guess? Or a pun.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-28 at 05:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think this is a rare for power level or complexity reasons. A 0 mana loot or 0 mana 1/1 I think is fair but it is worthy of consideration. I would add the text "this card is red."

Grinning Executioner 2BB
    [A person with a black hood and an axe grins in front of a basket]
    Creature - Human R
    T: Destroy target tapped creature with less power than Grinning Executioner. Play this ability any time you could cast a sorcery.
    4/2
    "I thought about hanging folks but this job's easier to get a head."

Make a card with transmute or the text "return it to exile".
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

I'm actually not sure how strong this card is! I mean, it's certainly strong, but without tapper support your opponent can kind of sit on their hands until they can deal with it. It's build-aroundy. I'm disturbed to think that he's grinning because he's seeing weaker creatures to kill. That's probably intentional. Nice!

Return It to Exile - 2U
    Instant - U
    Counter target creature spell. If it's countered this way, exile it.
    Transmute 1UU
    I'm pretty sure, "return it to exile," is just a needlessly wordy way to say, "exile it."

Challenge! An octopus wrapped around something interesting!

17. - Top - End - #377

Return It to Exile - 2U
    Instant - U
    Counter target creature spell. If it's countered this way, exile it.
    Transmute 1UU
    I'm pretty sure, "return it to exile," is just a needlessly wordy way to say, "exile it."
    You know, I'm just getting a kick out of the mental image of flavor text that snarky being sent out on every copy of that card.

In all seriousness, this just looks like a bigger, more specific version of Counterspell; it only works on creatures, but it hurts them more. Honestly, I'm not sure that's worth the extra mana cost; there's really no reason to run this instead of Counterspell (though I could see an argument for running them both).

Challenge! An octopus wrapped around something interesting!
    Face Sucker 2U
    Creature - Octopus Horror (R)
    [T, pay {2}]: Create an Artifact Equipment Egg token with "Equipped creature does not Untap during your Untap Step" and "During your Upkeep step, place a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature" and equip it to target tapped nonoctopus creature.
    2/2
    It originally had a more alliterative name, but the scholars found such things unbecoming.

Challenge! Another self-sabotaging power-up.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-03-28 at 11:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Face Sucker 2U
    Creature - Octopus Horror (R)
    [T, pay {2}]: Create an Artifact Equipment Egg token with "Equipped creature does not Untap during your Untap Step" and "During your Upkeep step, place a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature" and equip it to target tapped nonoctopus creature.
    2/2
    It originally had a more alliterative name, but the scholars found such things unbecoming.

Challenge! Another self-sabotaging power-up.
    This is a pretty weird card. It seems like the intent is to keep your opponents' creatures locked down, but then why make them stronger? If you use it on your own creatures, blue's not good at removing artifacts. The Eggs should probably be Auras, since there's no way to re-equip them despite being Equipment.

Contract of Strength 1BB
    Enchantment- Aura (U)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature gets +5/+5 and has menace.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it.
    "I don't care if I go to hell, as long as I can drag them down with me."

Challenge: A 1 mana card that is still useful in the late game!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

At 3 mana this is an okay sorcery speed removal spell. I think the menace +5/+5 might be too much though. A decent amount of the time this is 3 for sac a creature deal 5+power to face. I think if it was one or the other it would be okay but this also gives you a super powered blocker or if the creature has lifelink.. Maybe +4/+4 is more okay. Cool card though I like the direction its pointed.

Deafen B
    [Theres a person in agony, blood runs from their ears]
    Sorcery U
    Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, and can't respond to spells and abilities you control until the end of the turn.

Make me a card that contains one or more of the following phrases:
    - Target skeleton
    - loses life equal to its mana value
    - 2/5
    - creatures you control gain
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380

Deafen B
    [Theres a person in agony, blood runs from their ears]
    Sorcery U
    Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, and can't respond to spells and abilities you control until the end of the turn.
    Forcing a -1 in card advantage is already a strong ability; certainly too much so to get for one mana, especially when paired with other abilities. "No responses" is even more so, and probably doesn't have any business being on a non-Blue card on top of that. I'd suggest doing one of three things:

1) Ditching most of this card's abilities
    2) Upping the mana cost
    3) Making this a modal spell with a higher mana cost

Make me a card that contains one or more of the following phrases:
    - Target skeleton
    - loses life equal to its mana value
    - 2/5
    - creatures you control gain
    Otherworldly Motivation 2W
    A raggedly adventurer is looking at the floor despondently. Said floor has a glowing orange smiley face etched into it.
    Enchantment (U)
    Nonartifact creatures you control are Skeletons in addition to their other types.
    [Tap target Skeleton]: Untap target Skeleton; it has "this creature cannot use any activated abilities" until the end of your turn.
    Don't give up, skeleton!

Challenge! An enterprise.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

White doesn't have any other skeleton synergy, so it's secretly just, "Tap an untapped creature you control: Untap target tapped creature you control. Also a tap ability that makes tokens doesn't go infinite with this on its own." I guess that could be a card, but now it feels like it's missing something. It would probably work better if you attached it to whichever spirit guide kind of creature is whispering that flavor text.

Deadly Business - 1BB
    Enchantment - R
    Whenever a player is attacked, that player creates a 1/1 black Assassin creature token with Deathtouch.
    Assassins can't block creatures you control.

Challenge! Something with a fancy uniform.

22. - Top - End - #382

Deadly Business - 1BB
    Enchantment - R
    Whenever a player is attacked, that player creates a 1/1 black Assassin creature token with Deathtouch.
    Assassins can't block creatures you control.
    This is... interesting. The trigger should probably have "... by one or more creatures" so that it's clear whether it triggers multiple times per combat. I actually think it's pretty balanced, and would want to playtest it before critiquing it any more.

Challenge! Something with a fancy uniform.
    Supreme Commander Orrich -- 2WR
    Legendary Creature -- Human Soldier -- M
    Vigilance, First Strike
    Other Soldiers you control have Vigilance and First Strike.
    Whenever another Soldier enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card if this is the first time this ability has resolved this turn. If it's the second time, you gain 2 life for each Soldier you control. If it's the third time, Soldiers you control gain haste and double strike until the end of the turn.
    He led from the front until his army overtook him.
    2/4

Challenge: Colorless Commander.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a cool tribal commander! It brings value and tempo in a unique way!

Nullary 6
    Legendary Sorcery R
    Exile all nonland permanents.
    Nullary can be your commander.
    Partner
    "Only a clean slate is incorruptible."

Make me a card for commander that has other players make choices.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-04-22 at 09:23 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

I guess that's one way to sneak an Oathbreaker deck into your games. As a legendary sorcery, you can't cast it unless you control something of your own that's going to get exiled, which is interesting and could come at a low price. I just don't like it as a commander. It magnifies the general feeling that everything in the game only lasts one turn and doesn't do it in a particularly fun way. "Nullary who?"

Echoes in the Mirror - UB
    Instant - R
    Choose target creature you don't control. Its controller may exile it. If they do not, create two tokens that are copies of it.

Challenge! A creature card with MV of 2 that has an alternate use that costs 4 mana and synergizes with other copies of itself on the board.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-04-26 at 10:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385

Echoes in the Mirror - UB
    Instant - R
    Choose target creature you don't control. Its controller may exile it. If they do not, create two tokens that are copies of it.
    This is an interesting card. Practically speaking, it'd work as a cheap source of removal in about 90% of its use cases (since it's generally better to lose a blocker/attacker/utility creature than it is to let your opponent have two more), but giving your opponent the choice allows for situations where you might let your opponent have a couple of cheap freebies. Personally, I think it would be much more interesting if it only gave one copy, just because the choice between "give one or lose one" is generally less clear than "give two or lose one".

Challenge! A creature card with MV of 2 that has an alternate use that costs 4 mana and synergizes with other copies of itself on the board.
    Priest of the Lower Order BR
    Creature - Demon Cleric (R)
    [T, Pay 2BR] Choose one:
    -Discard up to three cards from your hand.
    -Exile three cards from your graveyard, then draw a card.
    -Return a creature from exile to your hand.
    0/2

Challenge! A hostage situation.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Challenge! A creature card with MV of 2 that has an alternate use that costs 4 mana and synergies with other copies of itself on the board.

Priest of the Lower Order BR
    Creature - Demon Cleric (R)
    [T, Pay 2BR] Choose one:
    -Discard up to three cards from your hand.
    -Exile three cards from your graveyard, then draw a card.
    -Return a creature from exile to your hand.
    0/2

MV2 √
    Alt use 4 X This pretty much only has one use and thats using its 4 mana tap ability
    good with copies X With copies of this you will need an absurd amount of mana and at best draw a couple cards?

Idk I feel like the powerlevel of this card is not quite there and at its current form I would rather see it a an uncommon.

Serve or Die RB
    Sorcery U
    Gain control of target creature until the end of the turn, it gains haste. An opponent my have you sacrifice that creature, if they do draw a card.

Make me a card with buyback
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

ElfMonkGuy

Serve or Die RB
    Sorcery U
    Gain control of target creature until the end of the turn, it gains haste. An opponent my have you sacrifice that creature, if they do draw a card.

Make me a card with buyback
    I quite like the design of this card. Cheaper than a normal Act of Treason, but multicolored, and with an interesting kind-of-a-downside-but-not-entirely. Plus it still works in sacrifice decks since you're the one sacrificing the creature. Nice card!

Strike Twice 2R
    Instant (U)
    Buyback 1R
    Strike Twice deals 2 damage to any target. If that player or permanent has been dealt damage this turn, Strike Twice instead deals 3 damage to that target.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-04-26 at 04:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

It's quite an upgrade over Searing Touch. I can imagine it providing some serious reach where a burn deck would otherwise run out of gas. Possibly enough to be a problem, but it also might help define the format like the current red standard staples do. I'd say that they would probably reprint Searing Touch first, but any universe where Strike Twice could exist would probably see Searing Touch in the same set at common.

Unchallenged Bogle - G
    Creature - Bogle C
    Ward 6 (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays 6.)
    -
    "Izzet Spells?"
    "Izzet
    Spells?"
    "Izzet No-cards?"
    "It is no cards."
    - Loadingreadyrun,
    The New Decks
    1/2

Next: Make a nonland card that refers to a specific basic land type.

29. - Top - End - #389

Unchallenged Bogle - G
    Creature - Bogle C
    Ward 6 (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays 6.)
    -
    "Izzet Spells?"
    "Izzet
    Spells?"
    "Izzet No-cards?"
    "It is no cards."
    - Loadingreadyrun,
    The New Decks
    1/2
    This is... actually, I like it. It's probably boggles five through eight in any format with the slippery one, but it's not going to break anything. It's a good common for limited and an interesting archetype for standard. I'm a bit leery of it depending on the standard environment, but I don't think it'd take too much. Hopefully it gets printed next to some edicts and/or wraths.

Next: Make a nonland card that refers to a specific basic land type.
    Timmy's First Llanowar Elf -- 3G
    Creature -- Elf Druid -- R (Silver-border)
    T: Search your library for a Forest, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
    That's what the {G} means, right?
    1/1

Challenge: Werewolf that's at least partially a white card.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Timmy's First Llanowar Elf -- 3G
    Creature -- Elf Druid -- R (Silver-border)
    T: Search your library for a Forest, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
    That's what the {G} means, right?
    1/1
    I'm glad you specified this as silver-bordered, because it'd be horribly out of balance otherwise. As it is... well, it's pretty funny, I'll give you that.

Challenge: Werewolf that's at least partially a white card.
    Blessed 2WR
    Enchantment (R)
    Soldiers, Clerics, and Warriors you control have Hexproof.
    When you inflict damage to an opponent's life, transform Blessed.

Possessed
    Enchantment
    Soldiers, Clerics, and Warriors you control are Werewolves in addition to their other types.
    Werewolves you control have +2/+2 and "This creature attacks every turn if able".
    During your Upkeep step, if you did not inflict damage to an opponent's life the previous turn, return all Werewolves you control to your hand, then transform Possessed.

Challenge! A counterplay to the above!
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-04-28 at 09:42 AM.