Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge VI: Companion Did Nothing Wrong

I just wanted to note 4/4 with menace for 4 will probably survive attacking on most board states and competitive decks tend to run a lot of non basics.

Blightning is already a card. I think that your enchantment doesn't need the flash and only cast while countering effects. I think that there isn't currently language in magic for if you currently control a counterspell on the stack. I would consider giving this another effect so it isnt a dead card when you aren't countering creatures.

Horrify UB
    Instant U
    Return target creature to the top of its owners library then that play chooses one:
    • Mill 1.
    • Discard a card.
    • Sacrifice a non-land permanent.

make a card that has one of the following in its text box
    "flip"
    "lizard demon"
    "until your next turn"
    "damage this turn"
    "five times"
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

As the creature's controller makes the choice, this isn't much stronger than a rewind and is arguably weaker. It's interesting enough that I wouldn't mind having it around, though. It's funny how it's secretly at its best when your opponent takes the least consequential option, like when you hit a creature that your opponent doesn't want to draw again.

Weirdly Exuberant Skeleton - 1B
    Creature - Skeleton Warrior R
    When this creature dies, if it dealt damage this turn, return it to the battlefield tapped with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    "I can't die now! I'm on a roll!"
    1/1

Challenge! Make a sad red creature.
    Nexusites, Angred, Dorothy, Lucca.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Weirdly Exuberant Skeleton - 1B
    Creature - Skeleton Warrior R
    When this creature dies, if it dealt damage this turn, return it to the battlefield tapped with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    "I can't die now! I'm on a roll!"
    1/1

Challenge! Make a sad red creature.
    It's a great blocker, since it'll always be able to block again and will usually grow by your opponent's next turn, but not so good on the offense, at least at first. You might want to load this up with Auras and equipment, but if it dies and comes back, Auras go away and you have to re-equip it, which is a bit inefficient. It's seems like it'll be alright

Kami of Broken Bonds 1RR
    Creature- Spirit (U)
    Haste
    Whenever Kami of Broken Bonds attacks, creatures that share a creature type with a creature you control can't block this turn.
    3/2

Challenge: A card without a mana cost!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Clever as an attacker, useful perhaps against other meta-decks of its own type. I like it! Bonus if you have a creature with the Shapeshifter type.

Challenge: A card without a mana cost!
    Forbidden Altar | 0
    [Two people laden with exploring supplies hold torches up to a room whose darkness binds their torch-light. We can see a corner of an altar in their lights' intersection; ornate and gaudy figures dance on its top, and icicles of frozen blood line the corner of the altar we can see.]

Artifact - R

Cumulative Upkeep (2/B): (At the beginning of your upkeep, if ~ is on the battlefield, put an age counter on this permanent. Then you may pay (2/B) for each age counter on it. If you don’t, sacrifice ~.)

Reap (you may activate this ability only once per turn, during your upkeep) - Exile a creature you control with converted mana cost less than or equal to the counters on ~: Draw cards equal to this creature's converted mana cost, lose 4 life, then untap Forbidden Altar.

[T]: Add (B) mana to your mana pool for each Age counters on Forbidden Altar. It doesn't untap during your next untap step.

Challenge: Make a card with "five times" in its text!
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Added "reap"
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

more

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Did Forbidden Altar never strike you as needlessly complicated? I guess it's hard to get this to do exactly what you want without referring to the number of counters all the time. Actually, I suspect it's still not quite doing what you want. You have to pay mana to keep it around, but it refunds it, but only sometimes, but if you pay a bunch of life you can untap it and get the refund again, but to do that you have to sacrifice a creature, but you get cards based on that creature's power, but you can't sacrifice a given creature until enough turns have passed. It feels like it's not worth the headache is the thing.

Changeling Surge - 2RRG
    Instant - MR
    Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control, then choose a kind of counter at random from among flying, first strike, deathtouch, hexproof, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, and vigilance. Put a counter of that kind on that creature.
    When you cast Changeling Surge, copy it five times. Choose random targets for the copies.

Challenge! Fall in a hole!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

Changeling Surge - 2RRG
    Instant - MR
    Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control, then choose a kind of counter at random from among flying, first strike, deathtouch, hexproof, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, and vigilance. Put a counter of that kind on that creature.
    When you cast Changeling Surge, copy it five times. Choose random targets for the copies.
    I like the concept, but there's a bit of a mechanical problem in that there's no established method for picking random effects or targets. The effects could be re-fitted to use a die roll or something like that, but the random card selection would be harder to pin down.

Challenge! Fall in a hole!
    Unwelcome Mat 2B
    There's a rectangular hole in front of someone's front door, with the requisite dust cloud showing someone has just fallen in.
    Artifact (R)
    [T]: Destroy target unblocked attacking creature that doesn't have Flying. Every time this ability is activated, flip a coin: if tails, sacrifice this Artifact.

Challenge! A goblin that's on-theme, but actually reasonably good at his/her job.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-05-13 at 09:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    I like the concept, but there's a bit of a mechanical problem in that there's no established method for picking random effects or targets. The effects could be re-fitted to use a die roll or something like that, but the random card selection would be harder to pin down.
    This is just false. Look at Crystalline Giant for random counter selection, and Cinderheart Giant for random targeting. Random targeting has been in black border since at least mid-2013, when Goblin Test Pilot was printed in Dragon's Maze.

Unwelcome Mat 2B
    There's a rectangular hole in front of someone's front door, with the requisite dust cloud showing someone has just fallen in.
    Artifact (R)
    [T]: Destroy target unblocked attacking creature that doesn't have Flying. Every time this ability is activated, flip a coin: if tails, sacrifice this Artifact.
    This feels like something that would be printed in Tempest or Fifth Edition, at least from a card design perspective. It's certainly neat, but I feel like it does its job both too well and not sufficiently well. I don't think the randomness is necessary, and I wonder if it would be better as Murder-With-Artifact-Synergies. Something like BB to play and 1 to activate that kills a non-flier and is sacrificed, put it at common and print it in a set with artificers.

Challenge! A goblin that's on-theme, but actually reasonably good at his/her job.
    Goblin Saboteur -- RR
    Creature -- Goblin Rogue -- Rare
    Goblin Saboteur enters the battlefield under an opponent's control.
    Goblin Saboteur attacks each combat if able.
    When Goblin Saboteur dies, sacrifice a creature.
    He's their best spy, not to mention their friendliest. Now if only someone would tell him...
    1/1

Challenge: Settle an argument.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    — Nehra, inventor

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Goblin Saboteur -- RR
    Creature -- Goblin Rogue -- Rare
    Goblin Saboteur enters the battlefield under an opponent's control.
    Goblin Saboteur attacks each combat if able.
    When Goblin Saboteur dies, sacrifice a creature.
    He's their best spy, not to mention their friendliest. Now if only someone would tell him...
    1/1
    Clever goblin doesn't realize how much someone's going to miss it when its gone. It seems competent.

Challenge: Settle an argument.
    Honor Duel (R/G)W
    I imagine a well-armored human with a lance faces a well-bearded dwarf who uses magic to heat a hammer to a white-hot state.
    Instant - C

Choose one: gain 3 life or prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to target creature you control.

Choose target creature an opponent controls; this opponent chooses target creature you control. These two creatures fight.
    ~~~
    Challenge! Make a card with one of the following:
    "pressure"
    "lizard demon"
    "red pill"
    "blue pill"
    "paper"
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-19 at 04:27 PM. Reason: re-arrange the protections clause

more

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

I was going to say this was a fun idea before I realized that second line was part of the card. For a minute, I thought for sure that you meant for it to prevent damage to the creature your opponent picked and make the fight more favorable, which doesn't sound very honorable. Then I thought, wait, don't you still have to pick your targets before they choose? It's interesting like that - you shield a creature you want to protect so they're encouraged pick a different one - but it's structurally pretty confusing. You might want to mention the prevention choice before you mention your opponent's choice if that's what you want to do. Then I realized, shoot, fighting means the damage is dealt before the prevention even happens, isn't it? Why is it even there, then? It just feels random now. No wonder I didn't realize it was supposed to be part of the card at first.

Red Pill - R
    Sorcery - C
    Target creature gets +1/-1 and gains haste until end of turn.
    //Split Card//
    Blue Pill - U
    Sorcery - C
    Return target creature to its owner's hand.

Challenge! Something containing this string: "more to cast for each"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

You might want to mention the prevention choice before you mention your opponent's choice if that's what you want to do. Then I realized, shoot, fighting means the damage is dealt before the prevention even happens, isn't it? Why is it even there, then? It just feels random now. No wonder I didn't realize it was supposed to be part of the card at first.
    I wasn't sure how to implement it. I guess it would be better to re-arrange it so the possible protection happens before the fighting trigger. But this is why i'm not a professional card designer.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-19 at 04:29 PM.

more

11. - Top - End - #431

ElfMonkGuy

I was going to say this was a fun idea before I realized that second line was part of the card. For a minute, I thought for sure that you meant for it to prevent damage to the creature your opponent picked and make the fight more favorable, which doesn't sound very honorable. Then I thought, wait, don't you still have to pick your targets before they choose? It's interesting like that - you shield a creature you want to protect so they're encouraged pick a different one - but it's structurally pretty confusing. You might want to mention the prevention choice before you mention your opponent's choice if that's what you want to do. Then I realized, shoot, fighting means the damage is dealt before the prevention even happens, isn't it? Why is it even there, then? It just feels random now. No wonder I didn't realize it was supposed to be part of the card at first.

Red Pill - R
    Sorcery - C
    Target creature gets +1/-1 and gains haste until end of turn.
    //Split Card//
    Blue Pill - U
    Sorcery - C
    Return target creature to its owner's hand.

Challenge! Something containing this string: "more to cast for each"

The -1 on the Red Pill is a bit weird and non-synergistic, since you don't usually want to nerf your own creatues, but I suppose it makes this a little more versatile in being able to snipe X/1s. Overall, both sides of the card are weak, but the flexibility helps. I feel like you'll usually use the Blue Pill more often, but the Red Pill can help when you're been flooding and have the extra mana to give a creature haste.

Liesa's Law WB
    Enchantment (U)
    Spells that opponents cast cost 2 life more for each spell that player has cast this turn.

Challenge: Turn something that's normally bad for you into a good thing!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm I like the concept but I think you could improve the wording if it was "Whenever another player casts a spell they lose 2 life for each other spell they've cast this turn." or something.

Become Air W
    Instant R
    Until the end of the turn if you would take damage prevent all but 1 of that damage and discard a card.
    At the end of the turn draw cards equal to the amount of damage you took since resolving this effect.
    Let the world fade, find true self.

"Equip Artifact Creature"
    "flip"
    "lizard demon"
    "until your next turn"
    "five times"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

I guess the plan is to draw more cards than you discard? It's much stronger than a regular fog if you can arrange it. The theme of sometimes damage prevention and sometimes punishing your opponent by drawing cards could work. If people start using this in red/white to burn themselves for cards, I'm not sure if that's good or a sign that this needs to cost more. I feel like the condition need to be rephrased - I know what it means, but I'm not sure how you'd have to phrase it in MtG's strict computer-like language. Something like, "at the beginning of the next end step, draw X cards, where X is the number of times you took damage this way?" Bluh. Never mind, your way is better.

Quantum Cat - 1W
    Creature - Cat C
    Quantum (If this card would enter the battlefield, flip it onto the battlefield from a height of at least one foot, such that it flips completely over at least once. It enters the battlefield as whichever side is face-up when it lands.)
    3/1
    //
    Quantum Crate
    Artifact - C
    Quantum
    When Quantum Crate enters the battlefield, exile target creature with toughness 3 or less until Quantum Crate leaves the battlefield.

Challenge! Something that makes a squeaking noise.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

For only W, Become Air seems really good. Maybe WW.

"Equip Artifact Creature"
    "flip"
    "lizard demon"
    "until your next turn"
    "five times"
    Let's do them all.

Monitor Suite 5B
    [A translucent robot leaves bloody footsteps as it crosses a decaying ruin]
    Artifact - equipment | R

~ may only equip artifact creatures.

Equipped creature gains +3/-1 and Shroud.
    Any creature equipped by ~ gains non-basic landwalk until your next turn.

Sacrifice a creature you control: equip ~. If you do this five times in one turn, flip ~.

////

Ssillithan Monitor | (black)
    [A lizard whose purple scales shimmer brightly moves unseen across a ruin where armored elves patrol.]
    Lizard Demon R

Shroud, Non-basic Landwalk
    B: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn
    5/3

Edit: Challenge! Create this crumbled elven ruins.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-20 at 04:55 PM.

more

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quantum cat / box seems like fun an is okay design but the flip mechanic reads like an un-effect.

Monitor Suite seem weak for a rare. Sacrificing 5 creatures should set you up to win the game and so should a 6 mana rare artifact. Imo the equipment side looks to be worth around 2-3 mana? The other side looks about 6? 5? Either way this creates non-interactive games with the flip side while being too slow.

Edit: Challenge! Create this crumbled elven ruins.
    Challenge! Something that makes a squeaking noise.

Rotting Ratrap 4GB
    Instant U
    Rotting Ratrap costs 1 less for each attacking creature an opponent controls.
    Create 2 1/1 green black Rat tokens with deathtouch.
    Elves used to roam these rooms, rodents remain.

Make a card that interacts with libraries.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-05-22 at 12:33 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Rotting Ratrap 4GB
    Instant U
    Rotting Ratrap costs 1 less for each attacking creature an opponent controls.
    Create 2 green black Rat tokens with deathtouch.
    Elves used to roam these rooms, rodents remain.
    I'm gonna assume that the Rat tokens are supposed to be 1/1 tokens. If so, this card seems pretty great in limited and pretty utterly mediocre in constructed, which I think makes it a very highly printable card. It might want the Trap subtype, but other than that I'm not sure how it might be meaningfully improved.

Make a card that interacts with libraries.
    Raised Stakes -- 2UU
    Art -- A number of shadowy figures sit around a circular table holding cards. Orbs in the center of the table show various memories. They're gambling memories as others might gamble coin.
    Sorcery -- Mythic Rare
    Each player secretly chooses a number, then all player reveals their number simultaneously. Each player mills cards equal to the number they chose. Each player who chose the lowest number returns a card milled this way to the top of their hand. (You can't choose a negative number)
    Among certain circles, memories are the only currency worth spending.

Challenge: Predict the future without Scrying.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    — Nehra, inventor

17. - Top - End - #437
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I assume that you mean top of library or to your hand. Either way, there's too many decks that would just choose all of them (lab maniac style decks) or almost all of them (reanimation/flashback combos, especially like unburial rites) or even just making sure the only card left in your library is now nexus of fate or even ust triggering all your creeping chills if you've done some damage already. It's probably broken but the worse thing is that because decks that would run it would mostly choose near all of your library, your opponent will probably want to go just under you to get the best chance of effectively tutoring a solution. And they're allowed to count the cards in your library to make their best choice so it would seriously slow down paper magic in a really unfun way.

Continuing with stakes:

Stake Out UB
    Instant - U
    Cast ~ only during an opponents turn
    Surveil X, then draw a card where X is the number of untapped creatures you control.

Challenge: Continue with stakes or steaks
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Stake Out UB
    Instant - U
    Cast ~ only during an opponents turn
    Surveil X, then draw a card where X is the number of untapped creatures you control.
    Wow! What a neat card. Pretty clever with the restriction on opponents' turn. I hope you mean "Surveil X, where X is equal[...]then draw a card." If you meant "draw x cards" then that's even more powerful, and might deserve to be XUB and add use Convoke.

Challenge: Continue with stakes or steaks
    Return to Steak 1BG
    A mage with an outstretched hand grins in triumph as a double-helix of purple and green energy hits a Sphinx, whose right half is literally being transmuted into an oversized piece of meat.
    Instant | C

Destroy target non-artifact creature. If it's successfuly destroyed in this way, create a Food token. (It's an artifact with "2, Tap, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")

~~~~
    ~~~~
    Challenge! Create a card using one (or more) of the following:

"Starlight"
    "Standard"
    "Cold drink"
    "Corrupted"
    "Sphinx Demon"
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-22 at 10:12 AM.

more

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

This is just another Bake Into a Pie for the deck archetype that already has one. The reference potential is fun, but you might be better off transmuting it into a triggered ability on Fuzzy Lumpkins.

Spoiler: Booooo
    Show
    Every Standard Environment - 1UG
    Enchantment - R
    You draw an additional card during your draw step.
    You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
    I need a cold drink.

Corrupted Starlight - 2UB
    Creature - Sphinx Demon R
    Flying
    Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you mill that many cards.
    4/4

Challenge! Something that comes in chips.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

This is just another Bake Into a Pie for the deck archetype that already has one. The reference potential is fun, but
    this is an actual card?!? Edit: wow!
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-22 at 04:20 PM.

more

21. - Top - End - #441

ElfMonkGuy

Corrupted Starlight - 2UB
    Creature - Sphinx Demon R
    Flying
    Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you mill that many cards.
    4/4

Challenge! Something that comes in chips.
    This is a perfectly serviceable card, but it feels a bit boring for a rare. Maybe give it Menace, or some kind of ability triggered off the mill, like "Target opponent loses life equal to the number of instants and sorceries milled this way" or something along those lines?

Gonti's Tokens 1R
    Artifact (U)
    Gonti's Tokens enters the battlefield with two chip counters on it.
    T, Remove a chip counter from Gonti's Tokens: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, put two chip counters on Gonti's Tokens
    R, T, Sacrifice Gonti's Tokens: Create a number of Treasure tokens equal to the number of chip counters on Gonti's Tokens.

Challenge: Make a token maker!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-05-23 at 03:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is fun! I like how it can grow or shrink but is base line mana storage. I wonder if you should be able to put counters on it though like 1RR: put a chip counter on it.

Toe-kin 1W
    [a kithkin with their feet out]
    Creature - Kithkin Un U
    If a source would deal damage to Toe-kin or a Toe Creature you control prevent 1 of that damage.
    2W: Create a 1/1 White Toe Creature Token.
    1/2

make a fish or 3

Edit: lol my b
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-05-24 at 09:15 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

I keep trying to write an analysis of how the ability to make a bunch of tokens is strong, how it might work in a silver-bordered set balanced around it, and how we could work back in the likely intent of using your toes as counters but I keep getting distracted by
    K I L T H

Schoolrider 3U
    Creature - Merfolk Knight C
    Flying, Kicker 3U
    When this creature enters the battlefield, if it was kicked or you control a Kiora planeswalker, create two 3/3 blue Fish creature tokens.
    3/2

Challenge! A nonland card where the art focuses on the landscape.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-05-24 at 01:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Schoolrider 3U
    Creature - Merfolk Knight C
    Flying, Kicker 3U
    When this creature enters the battlefield, if it was kicked or you control a Kiora planeswalker, create two 3/3 blue Fish creature tokens.
    3/2
    I like both how the creature isn't THAT powerful, and if the expensive kicker is also made, it might even be worth it. I wonder if it might be better to give the Merfolk Horsemanship instead.

Challenge! A nonland card where the art focuses on the landscape.
    Shape the Realms 2UG
    a wizard poised at the edge of the card on a tongue of rock raises both arms, one clutching a gnarled staff; before him, a mountain turns half to water, whereas the other half sprouts trees, even beyond the timberline.
    Sorcery - U

Destroy target land. Search your library for one basic land and put it onto the battlefield, tapped.

Kicker - Sacrifice a land: You may instead target two lands or search for two basic lands.

~~~~
    ~~~~
    Challenge! Make a card with one of the following:

"Horsemanship"
    "Standard"
    "Cold drink"
    "Lava Maw"
    "Frying Pan"
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-05-24 at 06:52 PM.

more

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Like the idea but not a fan of the implementation, especially the kicker cost. Land destruction is one of the effects you need to be most careful with and I think it's more or less settled that for destruction with no replacement, 4 mana with a minor effect is what is going to be. Having a land search as the effect seems to be a little pushed but might still be okay. The kicker cost breaks it though. Even if you neglect the possible mana fixing, the sac and search basically cancel so it's a 4 mana destroy 2 lands. That's just way too much.

Standard Standard Bearer 1W
    Creature - Flagbearer U Un
    While an opponent is choosing targets as part of casting a spell they control or activating an ability they control, that player must choose at least one Standard legal card on the battlefield if able.
    1/1

Riffing on Standard Bearer.

Challenge: We're going on a bear hunt. Interpret this however you wish.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2021-05-25 at 03:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thats fun :) I think you could punch up the stats a little but as an un card its neat that it has a psudo protection ability for itself.

Wall of Trophies 2
    Artifact U
    Whenever a creature you don't control is assigned lethal damage by a creature you control exile it and draw a card.
    Creatures you control get +1/+0 for each card exiled with Wall of Trophies.
    "That one was a pain to stuff, looks great up there though."

Yeah ik its a wall but not a Wall

Make me a card that doesn't do damage and has a job
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

The Wall issue would be easy to fix by changing one letter, though; I think, "Hall of Trophies," would have a nice ring to it. I was about to say that it's an extreme build-around, but it really isn't. It cares about you doing what you would do anyway in limited and is at best a sideboard card in constructed. I think drawing cards is a bit much, and that the theme would probably work better as an enchantment tied to whichever color has the aggro ball in the set. I think black is the biggest trophy-collecting color, but you could argue for white or red as they both like the anti-graveyard and anthem effects, and it would make sense for Gruul too. I can kind of see how you wound up with it as an artifact by default.

Litigious Scandalmonger - W
    Creature - Human C
    Whenever this creature is dealt damage, create a tapped treasure token. (Treasure tokens are artifacts with, "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")
    0/3

Challenge! Something that burrows for warmth!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-05-25 at 10:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448

ElfMonkGuy

Litigious Scandalmonger - W
    Creature - Human C
    Whenever this creature is dealt damage, create a tapped treasure token. (Treasure tokens are artifacts with, "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")
    0/3

Challenge! Something that burrows for warmth!
    Bit of an odd creature. I suppose it could disincentivize your opponent from attacking if they have, say, two 2/2s. The treasures entering tapped is also a bit weird and I don't know if it's necessary. Overall, this is a solid common blocker that can give you a small boost when/if it dies, and if you have a way to deal damage to it yourself, it can be pretty good.

Magmaseeker 1R
    Creature- Dwarf (U)
    T, Sacrifice a Mountain: Magmaseeker deals 2 damage to each player and each creature.
    Any dwarf sentenced to death may instead choose to mine for magma to power the hold's forges. Most choose the execution.
    2/1

Challenge: Enchantment synergy!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like the flavor! 2 mana creature that casts pyroclasm at the cost of a mountain + hits face. Cool uncommon with good flavor as well :)

Book of Tales 1
    Artifact R
    At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a charge counter on book of tales.
    T: You may put an enchantment into play from your hand with a mana value equal to the number of charge counters on Book or Tales. If the enchantment is a curse or aura it must be attached to any target.

Im not sure how to clean up the target wording - I want you to have to choose the target before you put the permanent down. This is meant as an aethervial for enchantments!

Make me a card with more than one type.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

You have a couple of ways to go with the targeting. You could of course just leave it out, as it doesn't really make much difference; letting auras attach without targeting is no more weird than making them immune to normal counterspells. You could also depart from Aether Vial's template and instead cast the spells without paying their mana costs, which entails the usual aura targeting rules. Either way, this sure is probably designed for legacy and commander.

Hammer Farm
    (insert doodle of some hammers stuck in the ground with leaves on them)
    Artifact Land - Equipment (mystery playtest)
    T: Add 1
    Equipped creature gets +1/+1
    Equip 5

Challenge! Make a land that taps for three colors and can enter the battlefield untapped.